Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I appreciate that he recognizes bernie is gonna get the nomination and is legit scared he's gonna beat trump if he does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

pentyne posted:

It's a 100% chance that poster is the insufferable D&D player who have have a full blown tantrum if someone else touched their dice. When I started playing in a group and I was the new guy, one of the players told me always ask to use someone else's dice because eventually if you just grab for them there is that one lunatic who will flip the table and scream at you for touching his "lucky d20" or getting your fingerprints on their brushed chrome $200 set.
What is this Inception?

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 30, 2019

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Doc Hawkins posted:

some of them will try to kill him, op
Can't wait to watch vice president nina turner disarm a chud on live television and then beat him to death with his own truck nuts

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Smiling Jack posted:

audiophiles are insane

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Like, I mostly think I'm crazy for comparing amplifier chips when I breadboard. That led me to finding really dumb poo poo like this:

E: the GIS for that image turned up this:

https://ggianluca.wixsite.com/opamplifier

Instead of just using a power amplifier and a heatsink like a normal person, he cascades the amplification over 60 slave amplifiers. It is beyond stupid.

EBB fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 30, 2019

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Volmarias posted:

You joke but someone did exactly that if you look further into the thread.

I wasn’t. I need a solid business plan that profits off of idiots. I’ll market a plan we’re you can send In your dice quarterly to be retested.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Make sure you're NIST traceable and pick up a profilometer while you're at it, we'll have to decide on suitable Ra and Rz specs

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

LingcodKilla posted:

I wasn’t. I need a solid business plan that profits off of idiots. I’ll market a plan we’re you can send In your dice quarterly to be retested.

200 dollar “fair” dice. Also sell them on a different site as speaker weights to reduce sound quality loss from negative ions in the air or whatever the gently caress. Tap two markets.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

Make sure you're NIST traceable and pick up a profilometer while you're at it, we'll have to decide on suitable Ra and Rz specs

:hmmyes:

I’m actually kind of amused by the concept of highly engineered dice made to aerospace/medical/optical standards just because, but that poster is off his loving nut.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I only do rng rolls in my computer when I have my zirconium plated Ethernet cables plugged in be

:smug:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

EBB posted:

Like, I mostly think I'm crazy for comparing amplifier chips when I breadboard. That led me to finding really dumb poo poo like this:

E: the GIS for that image turned up this:

https://ggianluca.wixsite.com/opamplifier

Instead of just using a power amplifier and a heatsink like a normal person, he cascades the amplification over 60 slave amplifiers. It is beyond stupid.

.....I have to admit I've done this before, but it was for a BEAM Robots thing.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I only do rng rolls in my computer when I have my zirconium plated Ethernet cables plugged in be

:smug:

Those are only pseudo-random number generators, you purblind fool! You need a hardware-based random number generator, or your rolls are compromised!

The description even says it's for gaming!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

.....I have to admit I've done this before, but it was for a BEAM Robots thing.

If you were just stacking a new chip on a bad old one that's fine, it's a legit repair technique. And that store is super creepy in Palo Alto because they leave a bot on the street and some poor sales person's job is to bother people walking past all day.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-gift-for-music-lovers-who-have-it-all-a-personal-utility-pole-1471189463 Audiophiles are insane and I applaud any suppliers/contractors who have figured a way to separate them from their money.

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Dec 1, 2019

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That man is holding a copy of I'm In Love With My Car, the Worst Song on the Best Album.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

EBB posted:

That man is holding a copy of I'm In Love With My Car, the Worst Song on the Best Album.

Isn’t Bohemian Rhapsody on the B-side?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

FrozenVent posted:

Isn’t Bohemian Rhapsody on the B-side?

That's not even the best song on that album

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

EBB posted:

That's not even the best song on that album

Hear, hear. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36nqGs_Dvws

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's not a hill I'd die on but this song gets the most play from me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE8kGMfXaFU

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

pentyne posted:

It's a 100% chance that poster is the insufferable D&D player who have have a full blown tantrum if someone else touched their dice. When I started playing in a group and I was the new guy, one of the players told me always ask to use someone else's dice because eventually if you just grab for them there is that one lunatic who will flip the table and scream at you for touching his "lucky d20" or getting your fingerprints on their brushed chrome $200 set.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/dice-roller-for-dungeons-dragons/id478652535

How do the basement dwelling diceboyz feel about digital dice rolling?

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Dingleberry posted:

Lacks the tactical feel of throwing dice. I hates it and still is dice for dice things.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dingleberry posted:

Depends on how willing they are to believe that it's truly been programmed to be random and how much their obsession with dice is part of having physical dice brainworms instead of actually just caring about it being random.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

chitoryu12 posted:

Depends on how willing they are to believe that it's truly been programmed to be random and how much their obsession with dice is part of having physical dice brainworms instead of actually just caring about it being random.

You can’t get true randomness from a program, since it relies on taking a seed number and running it through a formula to produce the result. The seed number has to be produced from something (like the time the request was issued), so it is possible to get the same result from an RNG generator every time if you can figure out how to manipulate the seed.

True randomness isn’t usually necessary. A good pseudo-random number generator can be random enough to be functionally indistinguishable from true randomness. But there are plenty of examples of people manipulating RNG in video games to get predictable results.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Rolling dice, like moving actual minis on a map, is fun. It's a fun part of the tabletop experience.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Rolling dice, like moving actual minis on a map, is fun. It's a fun part of the tabletop experience.

Plus, the DM can randomly toss dice behind the screen to make the players think he’s rolling spot checks and keep everyone paranoid.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

EBB posted:

It should be a hill you die on cuz it's amazing. (It's my favorite too)

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

EBB posted:

You know, I had forgotten that '39 was on A Night at the Opera. I'll accept the correction.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Is his villain side an emo Mickey Mouse?

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
I think it's a cosplay for the new Kingdom Hearts game.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Ah ok. The only kh i played was one level to get my gf at the time unstuck and that was in like 05

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
(I'm kidding. I think if he was trying any harder to be edgy I could roll him around in my yard to mow it.)

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Boot by day. Turbodork by night.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Lemniscate Blue posted:

You know, I had forgotten that '39 was on A Night at the Opera. I'll accept the correction.

Figuring out what this song was about before looking it up was a proud little achievement of my teenage years.

It's about relativity. A group of explorers head out into the Milky Sea Way and look for a new planet, but by the time they return everyone they knew is long dead.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

VanSandman posted:

Figuring out what this song was about before looking it up was a proud little achievement of my teenage years.

It's about relativity. A group of explorers head out into the Milky Sea Way and look for a new planet, but by the time they return everyone they knew is long dead.

Brian May: rock god, Ph.D astrophysicist, author, knight, appears to be living not only his best life but several other people's as well.

Like Buckaroo Banzai only real.

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Dec 8, 2019

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He's a real elon musk

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Musk doesn't have a stellar body named after him, or any published papers of merit. He can eat poo poo.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Brian May: rock god

Because of Queen, or because he’s a cofounder for asteroid day (on the Tunguska anniversary) and he also has an asteroid named after him? :dadjoke:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Above all other reasons, Brian May owns because in a business overflowing with geardos he's had all of his success with a guitar he made with his dad when he was 14 out of literal garbage from around the neighborhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Wait, Brian May the astrophysicist and Brian May from Queen are the same dude :aaa: