Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Not loving Devenski I hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Intruder posted:

Framber :getin:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Intruder posted:

Urquidy or Armenteros I'd wager.

Luhnow said on some sports talk show today they don't think Cole's injury is serious so maybe he'll be back

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/yinzabvrplcmnt/status/1161627266083893249?s=21

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

bawfuls posted:

If you didn’t watch the Dodgers clown the Marlins 15-1 last night, you missed some filthy stuff from May

https://twitter.com/chadmoriyama/status/1161422410093961216?s=21

Dustin May is sick.

Also, I mentioned it in the GDT but the Dodgers were beating them so bad they let Russell Martin pitch the 9th and put Adam Kolarek, a pitcher, at first base. It was great.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

We won the season series against them it's fine

A 7 game sample size that the Twins won by a game is definitely enough to be ok with moving them into the division permanently I guess

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Johnny Bravo posted:

Dustin May is sick.

Also, I mentioned it in the GDT but the Dodgers were beating them so bad they let Russell Martin pitch the 9th and put Adam Kolarek, a pitcher, at first base. It was great.

He is a LOOGY and they want to be able to move him from the mound to first and back again if a RHB is coming up so he can face more than one batter. The Rays did it a few times when he was in Tampa

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

zoux posted:

Urquidy or Armenteros I'd wager.

Luhnow said on some sports talk show today they don't think Cole's injury is serious so maybe he'll be back

Urquidy threw last night in Round Rock, so he’s not a candidate. It’s probably Armenteros.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

:hmmyes: Nice.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ah the thinking man's Commissioner's Trophy

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
N: Jose Quintana has been really good in his three August starts: 1.83 ERA, 26 K's in 19 IP. The reason appears to be because somebody finally realized throwing down and in to RHH's is a great way to get loving destroyed as a LHP in the age of launch angles, and lately he's completely changed his four-seamer usage to a more modern pitching-esq "Four-seamer up, curve/change down" approach:

V: Obviously a tiny as hell sample and given Q doesn't exactly have premium velocity I don't know how well the strategy will work once hitters adjust to the change, but drat if I'm not a bit excited to potentially see Quintana actually be the guy we traded primo blue chip prospects for.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Phillies are pathetic. Def don’t weigh that start heavily

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lol

https://twitter.com/toddzolecki/status/1161727079177760768?s=21

Lmao

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/Pirates/status/1161730695720517633

That's

Oh boy. Wind's knocked out of me tbh.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Exercise it and let the free market decide, CHUD

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Johnny Bravo posted:

Yeah, he's the pitcher that was involved in this whole stupid thing where apparently a lot of people forgot how the AL's dumb DH rule works?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d44ob55eMVM

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/adamdberry/status/1161730834891776003

:smithicide:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ooof has anyone ever fully come back from TJ #2

UCL injuries, are these related to mechanics, or genetics or velocity or what

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

zoux posted:

Eovaldi, I guess?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/theaceofspaeder/status/1161519508647026689

This juiced ball conspiracy pretty funny because even if it's true who gives a gently caress it makes baseball more fun

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

zoux posted:

Luck and usage. It's a repetitive strain injury; mine are both probably shot from working large-format merchandising at Pepsi. Not torn, but likely frayed. They sure pop a lot and it sure is painful as gently caress when they do.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Venters had like 3 TJ surgeries and he's just as good as ever!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

jfc imagine going in for an elbow surgery, and the first thing the doctor tells you when you wake up is "oh by the way we noticed during the procedure you need another elbow surgery, are you free this afternoon?" what poo poo luck.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Tom Gorman posted:

Venters had like 3 TJ surgeries and he's just as good as ever!

He was right at or slightly above average last year, which was good given that he hadn't pitched in the MLB for 5 full seasons.

It's a real shame that he caught the "sucking rear end" bug this year though.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

That loving sucks. Really like him and hope he can recover.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Scoring 9 runs and losing to the White Sox

Get back soon Strom

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Thank god there are no more Yankees Orioles games this season.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Intruder posted:

Scoring 9 runs and losing to the White Sox

Get back soon Strom

Supposed to rejoin the team when they get back to Houston

I blame the doubleheader for loving up everyones’ prep protocols

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Boy those trades the Twins made sure are paying off!

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Sydin posted:

jfc imagine going in for an elbow surgery, and the first thing the doctor tells you when you wake up is "oh by the way we noticed during the procedure you need another elbow surgery, are you free this afternoon?" what poo poo luck.

He was probably advised and consented to the additional surgery beforehand so the surgeon could make the determination intraoperatively.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

bradzilla posted:

Boy those trades the Twins made sure are paying off!

Twins rise in success being enabled by the Indians making no moves to improve, only for the Twins to lose all their ground due to making no moves to improve, is quite ironic.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

New Concept Hole posted:

Twins rise in success being enabled by the Indians making no moves to improve, only for the Twins to lose all their ground due to making no moves to improve, is quite ironic.

No no! We got Sam Dyson, who in his last two weeks has gotten *checks notes* five outs with a WHIP of *double checks notes* 4.8.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

rickiep00h posted:

No no! We got Sam Dyson, who in his last two weeks has gotten *checks notes* five outs with a WHIP of *double checks notes* 4.8.

Don't forget Sergio Romo

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Johnny Bravo posted:

Don't forget Sergio Romo

I mean outside of today he's been really good for us and hasn't been sitting on the IL or getting blown up on the regular.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

rickiep00h posted:

I mean outside of today he's been really good for us and hasn't been sitting on the IL or getting blown up on the regular.

Yeah it was mostly a bad joke about him giving up the home run earlier

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The Atlanta Braves would like you to look at some cute pets https://twitter.com/Braves/status/1160952501375590402?s=19

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

:(

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

AP posted:

An autopsy on Hutchings will be done Thursday to determine a cause of death, Botti said. It was not immediately known how many tacos the man had eaten or whether he had won the contest.

It's fair to say that it was too many, though. More than likely it was too many tacos.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

zoux posted:

There's a bunch of dudes that have "come back" but the list of guys with somewhat long term success after #2 is basically Joakim Soria and Chris Capuano.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Tom Gorman posted:

It's fair to say that it was too many, though. More than likely it was too many tacos.

One is too many tacos.