Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

That whole sequence was something you could just gas grenade and taze the hell out of people. It took me a couple tries, but be damned if I was going to kill anyone on my hard mode, no alarm, no kill playthrough. It was my first time through after all! Tazin' dudes, never gets old. Also EMP grenades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

DangerKat posted:

How active is UC3 multiplayer? I've been working my way through that series and am about to start 3... does it have more life than most other non-COD multiplayers?

It's hugely popular.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Skeezy posted:

I couldn't really get into DX:HR the last two times I played it cause I try playing it like Metal Gear Solid or something. I love everything about the game but I think because I play it like that it never clicks for me.

I'm assuming it's that because it's never been too much fun. But I want it to be since I love the first game.

I kept thinking of the game as exactly what I wanted Metal Gear Solid 4 to be. MGS4 has better stealth gameplay, and a larger selection of weapons though, but DX:HR has far superior level design.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I said come in! posted:

I kept thinking of the game as exactly what I wanted Metal Gear Solid 4 to be. MGS4 has better stealth gameplay, and a larger selection of weapons though, but DX:HR has far superior level design.
The level with the hostages felt exactly like an MGS1 layout complete with vent/crawling options, the blocky nature of the desks, and two guards on opposite ends doing a genome soldier patrol.

I think towards the end of the game the designs seemed less stealth oriented.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I might also have never liked it since it's not the style of game I have the patience for right now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harlock posted:

The level with the hostages felt exactly like an MGS1 layout complete with vent/crawling options, the blocky nature of the desks, and two guards on opposite ends doing a genome soldier patrol.

I think towards the end of the game the designs seemed less stealth oriented.

The last level was really lazy in my opinion. Not enough stealth options, and in some cases you have to just run pass the enemies. If there is a DX:HR 2, hopefully it'll incorporate some of the really good MGS 3 and 4 stealth mechanics. I really want to see an option to hang from ledges, and interact with the environment a lot more, as a way to hide.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I don't recall any point at the final stage where you had to run past enemies, even the very last segment with all those people was stealth-able. I remember a bunch of points with some really tricky maneuvering though.

With Deus Ex 4 is possibly already underway for next gen consoles. I can't help but wonder where the hell they could possibly go with that. It'd take a herculean effort to consolidate all 4 of Deus Ex 2's endings into a single starting point like how 2 did with 1. Maybe a game between 3 and 1?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Skeezy posted:

I'm assuming it's that because it's never been too much fun. But I want it to be since I love the first game.

It reminds me a lot of the first game. It's probably one of my favorite sequels and a rare case of a sequel NAILING it - it felt like a true upgrade to DX1. To me, anyway.

I think it clicked instantly with me because DX1 is tied for my favorite PC game of all time, and I'd heard good reviews, so I came in really excited and fell in love with it quickly. I played it exactly like I played DX1, and it worked great for me.

Cartoon Man posted:

Magnum with explosive rounds. :clint:

That would've been a good idea. My pacifist rear end didn't have quite the armament necessary to take everything out EASILY, but I made it work after a while.

Also, Dead Spacechat: stasis made quick work of my little brute problem. Freeze, hack off arm, hack off other arm, yay!

I love this game, it's great. I'd watch this movie for sure, if they ever made a GOOD movie adaptation.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Wow Sony is really stepping up with the PS+, I'm loving every game I've got so far and am really excited about Pac-Man and Renegade Ops. Quick question, If I "purchased" all the previous games that are expiring with the PS+ like Virtua Fighter 5 I don't have to actually download it to keep it right? I can just keep it in my purchased and download it later?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Wow, DHXR is an awesome addition to PSN+. I will say this though, all they are doing is conditioning me not to buy/play games when they first come out. Most stuff they release I've long since played. Anything WITHOUT a multiplayer mode (that can fade) I think I could manage to wait a while on, now...

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Code Jockey posted:

It reminds me a lot of the first game. It's probably one of my favorite sequels and a rare case of a sequel NAILING it - it felt like a true upgrade to DX1. To me, anyway.

I think it clicked instantly with me because DX1 is tied for my favorite PC game of all time, and I'd heard good reviews, so I came in really excited and fell in love with it quickly. I played it exactly like I played DX1, and it worked great for me.

That would've been a good idea. My pacifist rear end didn't have quite the armament necessary to take everything out EASILY, but I made it work after a while.

Also, Dead Spacechat: stasis made quick work of my little brute problem. Freeze, hack off arm, hack off other arm, yay!

I love this game, it's great. I'd watch this movie for sure, if they ever made a GOOD movie adaptation.

Yes, as long as you've "purchased" it you can download it whenever and play, assuming you still have your PS+ subscription active.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Can we put that PS+ download question and answer into the OP?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

omnibobb posted:

Yes, as long as you've "purchased" it you can download it whenever and play, assuming you still have your PS+ subscription active.

Gonna go ahead and assume you replied to the wrong person, because my post had nothing to do with this, and besides, my copies of both DX:HR and Dead Space are disc copies. :v:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Riviera: the Promised Land Legacy is on sale for five bucks on PSN. Is it worth it? I've always been curious about it, but have never been able to motivate myself to buy it- on GBA or PSP.

Finally got Infamous Festival of Blood, too! :woop: It'll have to wait until after I play some Pac-Man though. drat, I love you, PS+.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

The Grimace posted:

Riviera: the Promised Land Legacy is on sale for five bucks on PSN. Is it worth it? I've always been curious about it, but have never been able to motivate myself to buy it- on GBA or PSP.

Dunno about the game itself, but there's a big month-long Atlus sale that went into effect today.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

iastudent posted:

Dunno about the game itself, but there's a big month-long Atlus sale that went into effect today.

Haha, yeah, I already bought a digital copy of Persona 3 for when I get a Vita in the distant future. Still, the art for Riviera looks cute. It's tempting, but I don't want to waste five bucks if they're going to put out something awesome next month. I don't have the money to keep buying like I have been. :saddowns:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

iastudent posted:

Why does this look so much like a Toys R Us ad.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yodzilla posted:

Why does this look so much like a Toys R Us ad.

Atlus markets to manchildren?

Bastard Priest
Jun 16, 2010

by Fistgrrl
is Catherine worth 20 bucks?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Bastard Priest posted:

If you aren't freaked out by the fact that it's a puzzle game and/or brutally hard, then yeah.

Story-wise, it's a Persona spinoff. Set in the same world and all.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

iastudent posted:

The one Atlas game I want on sale I don't think is even on PSN yet. Come on Disgaea 4. But I will join those close to pulling the trigger on Catherine.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
No PSN+ bonus discounts on those, but bought Catherine anyway. Of course now I have essentially no room on my HD.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Neon Knight posted:

The one Atlas game I want on sale I don't think is even on PSN yet. Come on Disgaea 4. But I will join those close to pulling the trigger on Catherine.

Disgaia is a NIS game.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Dominic White posted:

If you aren't freaked out by the fact that it's a puzzle game and/or brutally hard, then yeah.

Story-wise, it's a Persona spinoff. Set in the same world and all.

Hey Dom, you wanna split this Catherine thang? I'm on Steam currently.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Policenaut posted:

Atlus markets to manchildren?

It's me. :reject:

Bastard Priest posted:

Very much so, to me. The story is interesting, the setting(s) are interesting and the puzzles are very awesome once it all "clicks". For $20, you can't really go wrong with it. I still think it's worth the $70-something I paid for the special edition.

Someday I'll beat the arcade minigame...

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Any feedback on Closure? The demo didn't impress me when it came out but it seems like something of an indie darling and for $7.50 it might not be a bad deal.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

iastudent posted:

Disgaia is a NIS game.

Oh darn. I am out of the loop, I guess Atlas hasn't published a NIS game in NA for quite a while.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I don't know if they're still doing it but when the new version of Angry Birds hit the Playstation Store, if you had the old version and sent a polite email to Sony support about it, they'd send you a voucher code for the new one after confirming that the old one was in your download list. That was pretty awesome.

Edit: You don't ever have to "just run past" anybody in DX:HR. Unless you're talking about the "zombies" in the last level but they don't cause alerts anyway.

...! fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jul 3, 2012

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

I enjoyed my rental of Catherine but it's the type of game that really starts to get old after awhile. Honestly, the thing that I really loved about the game was the kind of creepy ambience that it has (and seeing what awful choices people made in the polls). I got to thinking about the game last night for some reason and told myself I'd buy it if I ever saw it for $20 or less. I think Atlus is reading my mind.

Edit: If you get Catherine, keep in mind that the consensus seems to be that the "easy" difficulty setting is about what most games' "normal" difficulty would be like. I'd strongly advise that new players start in easy mode until they get the hang of it. I still have a hard time on the "normal" setting and I am far from alone on that.

...! fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 3, 2012

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
There's a kickin' rad Let's Play of Catherine by geri_khan for anyone on the fence, too. Spoilers, obviously, but if you just want to check out what the gameplay is like beyond the demo (I think there's still a demo), then it's worth a look. FWIW I paid $40 for Catherine and feel it's worth that much, so $20 is a steal.

Does anyone know if they fixed the (supposed) bug in Babel Tower for the digital version? There was something that made Level 5 (I think) act like you were way higher up the level than you actually were, so it was nearly impossible to finish. The bug is offset by 2 Player mode.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
How is Starhawk doing? The thread is moving by pretty slow and I enjoyed Warhawk but i don't think I $60 enjoyed it. Did they ever fix the voice chat bug from Warhawk?

dick traceroute
Feb 24, 2010

Open the pod bay doors, Hal.
Grimey Drawer

Kaleidoscope posted:

Any feedback on Closure? The demo didn't impress me when it came out but it seems like something of an indie darling and for $7.50 it might not be a bad deal.

I actually came into the thread right now to pimp it.
Bought it when it came out, obsessed over it until I finished it. It's very much a puzzle game, so definitely avoid if you hate those.
Really atmospheric, good music, neat gimmick. Definitely worth 7.50 IMO.

Edit : and by obsessed I mean I 100 percented it. I don't often do that.

dick traceroute fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jul 3, 2012

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
On the Atlus sale:
If anyone out there likes puzzle games and wants to play a new one, Droplitz is pretty good, and is well worth it at $5. This corny but informative tutorial video explains the game better than any text description I could give.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I've been thinking about Portal 2 and wishing they'd released more DLC for it (I'd pay for a "best of" pack of user-designed levels, even) and it got me wondering: Whatever happened to the whole "now that Sony will let us run Steam on the PS3, we're going to be bringing a lot of our back catalog over" thing that Valve was saying awhile back? Are they still working on that or did they quietly drop it?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

...! posted:

I've been thinking about Portal 2 and wishing they'd released more DLC for it (I'd pay for a "best of" pack of user-designed levels, even) and it got me wondering: Whatever happened to the whole "now that Sony will let us run Steam on the PS3, we're going to be bringing a lot of our back catalog over" thing that Valve was saying awhile back? Are they still working on that or did they quietly drop it?

I wish they'd do it. I want to grief TF2 on another platform. :allears:

revolther
May 27, 2008
Valve's backlog isn't something there is a desire for? The on-rails experience revival of Half-Life 2 never engrossed a lot of folks outside Valve loyalists, and why does anyone need a reminder of how irrelevant their shooter-mods-turned-full-games are? TF2 already came to PS3 with the orange box I think, and L4D/L4D2 has kind of run it's course.

What else is there, CS1.6 on PSN?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Oh man, I keep forgetting PS3 Orange Box exists...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If you haven't been following the AC3 thread, the limited edition RAH! RAH! AMERICA gently caress YEAH! version of the game is up for preorder. Here is what you get.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Cartoon Man posted:

If you haven't been following the AC3 thread, the limited edition RAH! RAH! AMERICA gently caress YEAH! version of the game is up for preorder. Here is what you get.

Gee, why do I have the feeling that AC3 won't be impartial at all after all...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Who seriously cares? They've told a decent story thus far. They get the benefit of the doubt until such time as they squander that privilege.

In other news, I wish Dungeon Twister had a demo so I could know if it is as awesome as one would hope it'd be.

Anyone got impressions?

• Locked thread