Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Your loss I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I mean it's not some lifechanging Work of comedy but it does make me giggle, I like the actors, and I'm always down for some broad "ubisoft bad" jokes

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

it was funny realizing at the end of the "montreal execs ruin developer's artistic vision" episode that its produced by ubisoft

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Fellatio del Toro posted:

it was funny realizing at the end of the "montreal execs ruin developer's artistic vision" episode that its produced by ubisoft

I genuinely have no idea what they're getting out of this. All the money people are either snivvelers or utterly evil.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I really think MQ ain't that bad, I don't think it's about the day to day of making MMORPGs as much as it is about working in tech companies that foster this sort of founder worship cult of personality culture at the expense of everyone who does actual work, which, all in all seemed not unrealistic to me.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
i like the ubisoft jokes but they are also a great example of how critique can be repackaged and sold back. ubisoft has been making bank off Ubi Bad since at least 2014 when they made an assassin's creed where the villains work at ubisoft montreal

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

cant cook creole bream posted:

Why haven't I heard until today that AP Bio had a third season? I need to get on that.

I went through it and really enjoyed it.

THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT THAAAAAAT

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mameluke posted:

i like the ubisoft jokes but they are also a great example of how critique can be repackaged and sold back. ubisoft has been making bank off Ubi Bad since at least 2014 when they made an assassin's creed where the villains work at ubisoft montreal

I mean Disney is doing it as well. Companies figured out long ago being mildly negative doesn’t actually do anything

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Open Source Idiom posted:

Nah, I think they use the setting to talk about a bunch of issues. Setting the show in a games company is useful, because the Mythic Quest office is space where childishness is both valued for its own sake and actively exploited as a way of producing money. So this allows them to tell stories about the conflict between creative and capital in the first season, and the personal relationships and work relationships can come into conflict in the second.

Very little about the show seems particularly lazy, tbh. Pretty sure the cast wrote and performed that silly Everlight song from the special, for instance.

The laziness is in the way that, except for the art department, none of these folks are shown working in a manner anything like the realities of game development.

But once I got over that, I enjoyed it quite a bit

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Mythic Quest is unbelievable because they actually did something about nazis in their game

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

BrotherJayne posted:

The laziness is in the way that, except for the art department, none of these folks are shown working in a manner anything like the realities of game development.

But once I got over that, I enjoyed it quite a bit

I'm not sure you can argue that being unrealistic is lazy?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Open Source Idiom posted:

I'm not sure you can argue that being unrealistic is lazy?

It is if you setup a premise and then not use it.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

mythic quest is pretty whatever. it's fun to see rob try a "real" show and cricket get more spotlight. it's fun to see them tackle a software development scenario even if it gets most things "wrong."

it's not great but worth watching and not thinking too much about it. if you're mad that it's not good then you got bigger fish to fry.

hth

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Just stared AP Bio, this poo poo is great! Tonally much more like IASIP

And The Mick is way better?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

i watched an episode or two of the mick and ap bio and thought they were both also kinda whatever. tbh i feel that way about most shows in general so i'm prob not the best to talk about it but i'm def confused by why the general consensus is that the mick was the failed second coming of comedy tv or whatever

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I think the consensus is mostly that, of the individual projects of the IASIP actors, The Mick was the funniest and most deserving of more time.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

BrotherJayne posted:

Just stared AP Bio, this poo poo is great! Tonally much more like IASIP

The Mick is absolutely fantastic. Amazing TV show and Fox should never be forgiven for cancelling it... It's basically Dee but living in a mansion caring for rear end in a top hat kids and the housekeeper that doesn't give a gently caress.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

BrotherJayne posted:

I thought Mick was just ok but really liked AP Bio.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
The first episode of the Mick didn't pull me in, but I will give it another try after reading the thread.

AP Bio is great, though.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
First ep of Mick is meh but it happily goes off the rails after that

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
The Mick is great and worth it just to see Alba on LSD and other drugs, Jimmy get the poo poo beat out of him by a women's soccer team, and Chip make a sandwich.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It'll never happen but I'd love to see jimmy cross over to always sunny or just take franks spot one day with zero fanfare and the same amount of short and fat jokes

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

After the Mick got cancelled I still kept seeing Jimmy in the Righteous Gemstones and El Camino. It was like the universe was trying to make amends.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

ShoogaSlim posted:

mythic quest is pretty whatever.

I'm watching the first season now because I honestly don't have anything better to do. It's mostly just fine, I agree.

But I thought the "Dark Quiet Death" one-off episode was great. I'm a mark for any story about how capitalism ruins everything, and that episode is a nice, tight downward spiral of that exact thing happening.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I can't get into AP Bio because a school isn't really run like that. I can't get over the laziness involved in portraying a school that way, when most of those scenarios would never really happen in a real school. I am a fun person

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That's why I can't watch The Mick. That's now how an aunt would act in that situation.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Mythic quest is fun. For what It's worth, it definitely had the best quarantine special episode I've seen. The next episode was really great too. It was just the characters (and I imagine the cast) having a bunch of silly fun, to get away from a hard year and it was both quite heartfelt. Plus, Ashly Burch is always a delight. She actually wrote that episode.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Mick was a show that started okay, quickly got much better, then just kept on getting better and better until suddenly it got canceled for the crime of being a show that I really liked. :mad:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Mick was cancelled because it would have grown too powerful if left alive.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
https://twitter.com/football__tweet/status/1328340748475961345?lang=en

I still cannot tell if this is a real thing, or a bit for a show? or a documentary?

For context.

quote:

Ryan Reynolds & Rob McElhenney’s Soccer Club Wrexham To Be Subject Of FX Documentary Series

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

deong posted:

https://twitter.com/football__tweet/status/1328340748475961345?lang=en

I still cannot tell if this is a real thing, or a bit for a show? or a documentary?

For context.

Well there is also this:
https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/1394691035368939523

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

The Gang Does Ted Lasso

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

The Gang Does Ted Lasso

Goddamn, I can't think of more opposite shows. And I can so clearly imagine how IAS doing Ted Lasso would go.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
They really bought the club apparently, from the ads I presumed it was a mockumentary.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Wonder how much it cost. Sometimes big things end up being surprisingly cheap. A while back there was a bankrupt airline that I realized that my middle-class rear end could have bought if I cleaned out my retirement funds.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
There are all sorts of wacky takeover stories in British football, up to and including clubs being bought for literally £1. I imagine they paid a bit more into Wrexham but my local (non-league) side still knocked them out of the cup last year, lol.

EDIT: Just looked it up and apparently Wrexham are one of the ones that has gone for £1 in the past, eleven years ago.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

ryan reynolds is pretty fuckin tall huh?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i guess hes officially 1.88 or 6'2"

imo thats "tall-ish" but not "pretty fuckin tall"

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

hm yeah that's not freakishly tall actually but man the juxtaposition bt him and rob is weird to see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

maybe its because Mac mostly hangs out with Charlie & Frank, which would make anybody look tall

so in our minds hes the one whos 1.88 and that makes ryan reynolds look 1.95+