Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This one was fun.

Until we got screwed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dr. Hurt posted:

Will it happen at the actually scheduled time this time??

You just said the magic word AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

You just won the prize of being a Have-Nothing, give me your avatar, ban yourself, quit your job, live a life of despondency.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Asiina posted:

This one was fun.

Until we got generous.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

John Cena posted:

You just said the magic word AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

You just won the prize of being a Have-Nothing, give me your avatar, ban yourself, quit your job, live a life of despondency.

:drat:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

:xcom:

And with that, we fade into the night once more. I'll see you all tomorrow unless the snow kills me. Which it's been trying to do lately...

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
It's ok by the way JNG, no hard feelings. Get your poo poo in order though, and get winters poo poo in order too.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

John Cena posted:

No please I'll be good. I'll be good.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Missed this earlier so allow me to respond: :laffo:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Hey so, I'm having family over and we're having a big family dinner tonight, around 6pm.

So, I won't be able to get onto the thread at that time. If possible, I'd like an extension to 7pm. Otherwise, we can pick another challenger or I can forfeit, depending on what the mods think is best.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and then there was 5

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Is everyone else fine with moving it to 7? If I hear no objections, than it shall be so.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I am fine with it, but in the future if someone has an issue with the time, they should say something when the time is announced, not the day of the challenge. I plan around the times we are given.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

JakeP posted:

I am fine with it, but in the future if someone has an issue with the time, they should say something when the time is announced, not the day of the challenge. I plan around the times we are given.

So what you're saying is you are not expecting the unexpected.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

7 is fine for me as well. That means I can do dinner with a friend early and then play the CHALLENGE.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

JakeP posted:

I thought maybe they we were eating at 5:30 today, but I got the confirmation today that no, we're eating at 6:00.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
7 is fine with me I guess, I'll just start work a bit later.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Way to be terrible in every way, Meinberg.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Asiina posted:

Way to be awesome in every way, Meinberg.

That's so nice of you to say! I quite agree with that sentiment.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Even terrible at reading comprehension.

So sad, so sad.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Meinberg, how do you feel your treatment by your fellow Housemates relates to the narrator in Ralph Ellison's classic Invisible Man and his struggles?

XyloJW fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 21, 2014

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
Xylo, you can be even worse than Meinberg, and that's saying something.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

XyloJW posted:

Meinberg, how do you feel your treatment by your fellow Housemates relates to the narrator on Ralph Ellison's classic Invisible Man and his struggles?

Well, I have been ostracized and criticized. I have been pushed to the borders of our little tribe by the intolerance and close-mindedness of my fellows. But I don't think that's an adequate comparison.

No, I would argue that I am a shaman. I commune with the wild, untamed forces of the land, the mysterious pulses of this world that beat beneath the surface and I bring back the wisdom of the ages and the manna of the world back to my peers in my tribe. It is only natural that they reject me, for my ways and garment are strange. But that rejection in turn makes me into the perfect go-between, for I stand between the worlds of man and the ephemeral.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

Well, I have been ostracized and criticized. I have been pushed to the borders of our little tribe by the intolerance and close-mindedness of my fellows. But I don't think that's an adequate comparison.

No, I would argue that I am a shaman. I commune with the wild, untamed forces of the land, the mysterious pulses of this world that beat beneath the surface and I bring back the wisdom of the ages and the manna of the world back to my peers in my tribe. It is only natural that they reject me, for my ways and garment are strange. But that rejection in turn makes me into the perfect go-between, for I stand between the worlds of man and the ephemeral.

Sorry, we only accept your answer in the form of iambic pentameter

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Rarity posted:

Sorry, we only accept your answer in the form of iambic pentameter

Oh accursed Ahriman to have led me so astray!

Also, I have no rhythm.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

7 it is.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Hey an extra hour. Works for me.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Dinner got over early. I am here if anyone wants to pelt me with fruit.

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Some guy bought me this avatar as a reward for defeating Skizzzer in Internet Hockey. I have slain the mighty! Also, Taylor Hall is gay.
I'm around for those that want to start early.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I have just gotten back from the store where I got some delicious gelato. It will either be my victory lap or my consolation prize. Doc Hurt here, and ready to boogie!

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Red Five, standing by.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This is an Official Big Brother Announcement:

All the posters above me are buttwipes

That is all.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Jokes on you. You're above you too. :smaug:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dr. Hurt posted:

Jokes on you. You're above you too. :smaug:

Obviously I meant above me until the next post by me :smug:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i hope this competition doesn't require me to know anything, or possess any particular skill

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

JakeP posted:

i hope this competition doesn't require me to know anything, or possess any particular skill

Nope, you're in perfect position to try and win.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

JakeP posted:

That's the only chance you have to win! hahahaha!

I just made the same joke as you!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

John Cena posted:

Nope, you're in perfect position to try and win.

Ughhhh I have to try?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

I just made the same joke as you!

Jokes are meant to be funny.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Rarity posted:

Jokes are meant to be funny.

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaa

t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's now time for the Power of Veto competition.

This competition is more similar to an Auction. Punishment vs Reward! Here's how it works. Your goal in this competition is to walk away with the most points possible. I will list either a Reward or Punishment for bidding. Only the first post to bid for the item will win the points alloted to it. However, if you bid for a punishment at all, even if you don't get the points, you must take the punishment. Punishments earn points, Rewards lose points. You CAN fall into negative points here, so if you feel like you really need veto, maybe don't take any Rewards. Everyone clear on the rules?

• Locked thread