Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Asema posted:

it's 55 minutes and it's 3-5 and both teams are approaching 100k gold and nothing is happening
G2 were the only team in EU that wanted to fight before 40 minutes so yeah it's gonna suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you'd think at 55+ minutes that if you got a pick on the adc that would translate to winning the game but oh boy does EU have something different to say

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

so i guess thats a big no on the new patch making games faster paced huh?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
help me

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Who is the Mark Fuhrman of Riot games?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
boring games are an age old eu tradition and i hope they never end

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Asema posted:

it's 55 minutes and it's 3-5 and both teams are approaching 100k gold and nothing is happening

10 kills in an hour long game with 200k gold earned :barf: :barf: :barf:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I personally would not expect amazing games from teams competing to BE in the challenger series

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i long for the sweet release of death

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

henkman posted:

I personally would not expect amazing games from teams competing to BE in the challenger series

i was expecting some hilarious overly aggressive poo poo play and all i'm getting is a pick or two and then the team that out numbers the other team just runs away instead of doing anything else

they stole baron

edit; it's over, 63:40 7-7 "slugfest" lmao

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Vastly superior poo poo starting on
https://www.twitch.tv/riotgamesbrazil

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Did he just call it an epic? My lord

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

but it's quite good.

Haha nice try

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Apex roster looks like such a grab bag. Seems they added some random Korean players (Ray an EDG sub, Roar an IM ADC)

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
They have players for all situations. Xpecial when you need to tilt CLG. Keane when Urgot mid is somehow viable. Chris when you play relegation matches.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Radical posted:

so i guess thats a big no on the new patch making games faster paced huh?

I wouldn't gauge a pair of EU teams trying to get into challenger on whether or not the patch will be faster.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Most of those players at least have LCS experience so the team actually has a chance at not being immediately relegated

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

if i was managing a 10 man roster i would probably try to nail down two stable teams from early scrims and switch all 5 off in between games to try and nail down your A and B squad. Depending on the meta or external factors maybe you have to swap one guy around but i think trying to maintain some kind of stability in-game is really important.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Radical posted:

if i was managing a 10 man roster i would probably try to nail down two stable teams from early scrims and switch all 5 off in between games to try and nail down your A and B squad. Depending on the meta or external factors maybe you have to swap one guy around but i think trying to maintain some kind of stability in-game is really important.
That's always been the idea on Liquid/Liquid Academy but they just ended up switching in Matt/Dardoch and never looked back. Likewise in Korea the only time it seemingly worked properly is when Faker/Easyhoon were switching in and out. I don't watch China so idk if it works there but there's a lot of teams with close to 5 Korean rosters.

If a team has money I absolutely believe they should buyout a whole team just to practice against or have them working in Challenger Series. If you could buy members of a former team like KT Bullets or Samsung Blue from China + some of their coaching staff and just use them to practice against you'd probably make a lot of progress

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 20, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Radical posted:

I actually like how some teams can float 6+ player rosters like how Origen could swap PowerofEvil/xPeke or whichever mid in china only plays blue(?) side. If teams can use all their players like that and the players are ok with that it seems like a good thing.

Like tsm could field 2-3 different supports for doublelift and whichever one has been abused the least could be in for the week or something :haw:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The main benefit to a 10 man roster / sister teams isn't swapping but that you can play full games of whatever matchups you want whenever you want.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Or you can be like LZIM and use your 10 man roster to always play the wrong player and lose more games for no reason.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
What if tp was attached to a tankish/utility item similar to how promote now is. Would this be good or bad.

Good: let's summoners show their true power by taking ignite top lane again

Bad: hurts build diversity, support and jungler would probably also build it and maybe mid too depending on stats and you'd end up with too many tps / a similar situation to some of the old jungler items. Would single handedly define which champs could be played top based if they work well with whatever stats it would have.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Work Friend Keven posted:

What if tp was attached to a tankish/utility item similar to how promote now is. Would this be good or bad.

Good: let's summoners show their true power by taking ignite top lane again

Bad: hurts build diversity, support and jungler would probably also build it and maybe mid too depending on stats and you'd end up with too many tps / a similar situation to some of the old jungler items. Would single handedly define which champs could be played top based if they work well with whatever stats it would have.

So basically "the same problems as tp has now, except on an item"

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
destroy tp

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Monathin posted:

It would actually change laning a lot, not having TP to respond to lane swaps would mean teams would have to play them differently, and a lot of mid laners take TP to survive laning phase and something would have to change.

It would probably make late game fights infinity times dumber though.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I like TP but I would gladly trade TP for the opportunity for renekton to poo poo on 80% of top lane fights again

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Lovechop posted:

destroy tp

alternately, give everyone tp

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

e: wrong league thread

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Monathin posted:

Nah it would specifically fix lane phase tp usage while leaving post 15 / teamfight usage (which is good and important) unchanged. It would also make losing top a huge disadvantage because the winning player would have tp supremacy for some time.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

rabidsquid posted:

It would actually change laning a lot, not having TP to respond to lane swaps would mean teams would have to play them differently, and a lot of mid laners take TP to survive laning phase and something would have to change.

The main problem I can think of is that both teams would end up with 3-6 tps at 45 minutes, yeah.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Monathin posted:

I like TP but I would gladly trade TP for the opportunity for renekton to poo poo on 80% of top lane fights again

While lane swaps exist Renekton is effectively out of the meta. Sort of like that thing that would happen to champs if lane swaps were destroyed, except it's already happening to champs :v:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
top lane should be about two beefy men in a fight to the death and anything that gets us closer to that is a good thing

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

rabidsquid posted:

I am all for late game teamfights being more like game 4 of the 2014 OGN Summer Finals between Samsung Blue and KT Arrows, with Ssumday randomly trying to teleport behind SSB as they run away after Kakao murders Heart in front of baron.

...Jesus Christ that's a specific memory. I wish I could find that match in English.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Zwingley posted:

I am all for late game teamfights being more like game 4 of the 2014 OGN Summer Finals between Samsung Blue and KT Arrows, with Ssumday randomly trying to teleport behind SSB as they run away after Kakao murders Heart in front of baron.

...Jesus Christ that's a specific memory. I wish I could find that match in English.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23ujhe_kt-arrows-vs-samsung-blue-final-ogn-summer-2014-part-4_videogames

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Crumbz apparently joined Apex as a coach. Saint confirmed Dumbz.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

The thought of Diamondprox being coached by Saint and Crumbzz is very funny to me.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Killed By Death posted:

The thought of Diamondprox being coached by Saint and Crumbzz is very funny to me.

Considering player skill it's certainly better than Diamond coaching either Saint or Crumbzz

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

If player skill were relevant Prolly would be a loving garbage man coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

rabidsquid posted:

If player skill were relevant Prolly would be a loving garbage man coach.

I think they're saying it's a good thing Diamond is the one playing, since he's a better player.

• Locked thread