Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JERICHO VS KOMANDER 0 0%
SAMMY AND DANNY VS CASSIDY AND DARBY 8 11.59%
MAX AND ADAM VS BRIAN AND BIG 24 34.78%
RUBY VS SKYE 1 1.45%
NICK VS SWERVE 36 52.17%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WrestleTix said Blood and Guts crossed 8,500 this morning and when I checked to see if they'd released any production kills (they hadn't) it looks like another 100 tickets had sold in a few hours. There's a good chance they have over 9,000 people in the building tonight which would be their biggest crowd for TV since January. Worst case they are a little below the Chicago Collision debut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I hope nothing stupid happens to me before 8pm.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

A Fancy Hat posted:

I hope Don Callis shows up in like the Popemobile or something tonight and starts ranting and raving about crazy Kenny Omega fans attacking him.

And then I hope Kenny and Ibushi beat the poo poo outta him.

Don on the mic trash talking fans while he struts around in one of these:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

kalensc posted:

Don on the mic trash talking fans while he struts around in one of these:

Thinking of this reminded me of the bit during Pandemic Dynamite where Britt had her little perch above the announcers and would pass Schiavone notes on a little clothesline.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Tony Khan, I know you read this thread. Let them hit a BTE Trigger onto a Zorb-encased Don Callis.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Ibushi is going to jump off the top of the top of the cage and I can't wait

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

A Fancy Hat posted:

Tony Khan, I know you read this thread. Let them hit a BTE Trigger onto a Zorb-encased Don Callis.

While we're fantasy booking maybe the Bucks' flight gets delayed and they get replaced by cooler guys, like... I dunno, the Beaver Boys, or Butcher & the Blade. Or Aussie Open. Just someone that would be fun to cheer for, because you know the Elite are winning this and I just can't take Buck #1 and Buck #2 badly doing hero spots and selling their backs for 30 minutes.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Yeah it would suck if B&G featured a top 5 all time tag team instead of John Silver and Alex Reynolds.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah Aussie Open should team up with the guy their faction leader just beat for the IWGP US title

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

While we're fantasy booking maybe the Bucks' flight gets delayed and they get replaced by cooler guys, like... I dunno, the Beaver Boys, or Butcher & the Blade. Or Aussie Open. Just someone that would be fun to cheer for, because you know the Elite are winning this and I just can't take Buck #1 and Buck #2 badly doing hero spots and selling their backs for 30 minutes.

Counterpoint: they're gonna jump off something and do wild spots and it'll be the same energy they had in their cage match with the Lucha Bros.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Me Watching Anarchy in the Arena: These loving guys and their back selling and bad hero spots. What the gently caress is this exploding shoe!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

that would definitely make the match significantly worse to me personally

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Young Bucks Derangement Syndrome

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
some wrestlers being more comfortable/natural as heels vs as faces (or vice versa) doesn't necessarily mean that they suck when they're the other alignment, and the bucks are gonna be great no matter what

plus it's not like aew ever stops its faces from being little shits and doing heel spots if it fits the moment

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The only replacements I would accept are CM Punk and Ace Steel

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kenny comes out in one of those big padded suits they wear to train police dogs

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

personally i think the young bucks kick rear end to watch wrestle and when they do their cool moves i clap

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I think it would be really good booking if the huge story-encompassing blowoff match didn't have two of the guys the entire story revolved around.

Erin M. Fiasco fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jul 19, 2023

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I support this if and only if they are replaced with the Righteous and also no one mentions it.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 19, 2023

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I get that Alex Reynolds and John Silver are likeable guys but we all need collectively stop talking about them as though they inhabit the same tier as the Young Bucks

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

JUNGLE BOY posted:

The only replacements I would accept are CM Punk and Ace Steel

That would finally be the right arena for Ace Steele!

Ivypls posted:

personally i think the young bucks kick rear end to watch wrestle and when they do their cool moves i clap

Heel Bucks? 100% I like the cool moves they do as faces as well, but since they switched there's been a lot more not as cool back selling.

MassRafTer posted:

Me Watching Anarchy in the Arena: These loving guys and their back selling and bad hero spots. What the gently caress is this exploding shoe!

Yes if we get more exploding shoes and less "Buck #2, brave face in peril", then it will own.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DLC Inc posted:

I get that Alex Reynolds and John Silver are likeable guys but we all need collectively stop talking about them as though they inhabit the same tier as the Young Bucks

You'll never stop me

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I'm taking two aspirin and drinking a protein shake for tonight.

Think my wife would mind if I gigged hardway during the match?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The bucks have been the "and also" during this entire feud which has focused on Hangman, Omega, and the BCC. But I'm sure they will suddenly put the spotlight on themselves tonight and really stink it up.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tight focus on Matt Buck selling his lower back for 30 minutes like it’s the passion of the christ

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Tight focus on Matt Buck selling his lower back for 30 minutes like it’s the passion of the christ

His arm is still injured isn't it? Last BTE it was shown still in that sleeve cause it's some sort of muscle tear if I'm not mistaken.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Heard Ibushi is gonna debut his new finishing move tonight - a Diving Headbutt from the top of a 20ft cage

Doesn't have a name yet but it sounds pretty cool

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Jiro posted:

His arm is still injured isn't it? Last BTE it was shown still in that sleeve cause it's some sort of muscle tear if I'm not mistaken.

He had a bicep tear a while back but opted for non-surgical treatments that got him back in action much faster than expected but he's been wearing the sleeve ever since, which seems reasonable.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1681717408317202432

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

It’s a shame that Danielson’s glass arm kept him out of BLOOD AND GUTS, but PAC coming bac is a cool story beat.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I can't wait for Lucha Brother #1 and Lucha Brother #2 to steal the show this weekend

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Young Bucks Derangement Syndrome

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Im picturing PAC coming in with like one of those bandolier vests full of tinyhammers.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

PAC should have a seemingly endless volume of hammers, just everywhere he reaches another hammer comes out. Under the apron, in the cage, under the stairs, under a buckle cover, from his butt, just you know everywhere

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this has to be the 3rd or 4th time in AEW where someone couldn't be in a big match so they put in an 11th hour call for a returning PAC. Actually kind of a perfect fit given he has extensive history with all 4 Elite members.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PAC FTW

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Im picturing PAC coming in with like one of those bandolier vests full of tinyhammers.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/OfficialCenaSr/status/1681636002337570819?s=20

Fingers crossed for a Cena appearance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

John Cena Sr said

I will be at AEW Dynamite