Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the image in the second post?
A man's face
Butterfly
A koi
A dog
A small boat floating in a lake
Funyarinpa
View Results

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dezinus posted:

Dang it you guys this is the Amazon commiseration thread not the talk about your cool game thread :mad:

Can it also be the "Steam being a day behind is killing me" thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

I'm a big dummy who's stuck in the healing room, help please

You can move around with the camera for different angles.

That's not a spoiler - it's an important gameplay mechanic for that room which wasn't explained.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the truth posted:

You can move around with the camera for different angles.

That's not a spoiler - it's an important gameplay mechanic for that room which wasn't explained.

I have the chair key which I think is what you're referring to. I also have the one with the candle, the tumbler, the red water, the wall and the bud but then I got stuck

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh my god, Akane with the chainsaw, PLEASE!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Thanks, friend. I have the smaller 3DS but no vita. I wanted the handheld version to take hours long poop breaks but I might as well get the Steam version as well to get the full experience and better graphics. I still have my watch edition preorder, though.

I don't know what it is about this series but I ended up buying multiple copies of each game. Haven't really done that for anything else.

Keep in mind I'm not a graphics snob or anything and have only modest expectations given 3DS/Vita capability and precedence with 999/VLR setting the bar, but the 3DS version's graphics are unpolished to the point of being distractingly bad. I'd consider the Vita version to be at least adequate graphically-speaking.

It's probable that the graphics part of the development budget was the first on the chopping block in order to make ZTE a reality versus not in terms of compromises, but it's seriously cutting it close on the line between adequate and unacceptable sacrifices.

If you're deciding between the 3DS and Vita for a handheld ZTD, the Vita version is a no-brainer. If you just want the 3DS version, skip it and wait for the Steam version.

In my headcanon, I like to imagine Uchikoshi had a much bigger budget and rendered ZTD in the Fox engine from MGSV with its animation quality and graphical fidelity and smile.

On the other hand, it might be a blessing in disguise that the graphics aren't as realistic because there's some really hosed up poo poo in this game that - I kid you not - would absolutely push the game from an M to AO rating if depicted more explicitly and with more advanced graphics. :gonk: :barf:

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 28, 2016

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Well... Eric is completely loving unhinged. Not surprising really.

Q Bad End spoilers!!

I just picked one at random for Q team, D team died, Mira died, akane attacked carlos with a chainsaw and carlos killed akane with a (go figure) fireman's axe. Oh, and Junpei's head was just laying on a shelf somewhere. Then Eric loving lost it and chased Q down with a shotgun, and some of the answers are pretty funny.

"it's zero!" "oh i guess that makes sense, not *BLAM*"
"its you!" "Me?" *BLAM*
"it's Q" "that's impossible" *blam*

I wouldn't give so much of a poo poo for retrying answers if it wasn't so tedious to reload another choice. They help out a lot, but I'd wish there was a rewind immediately back to the choice if it leads to a bad end.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 28, 2016

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Well... Eric is completely loving unhinged. Not surprising really.

I picked up on that very quick. Haven't seen it yet, but I had that feeling.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

I have the chair key which I think is what you're referring to. I also have the one with the candle, the tumbler, the red water, the wall and the bud but then I got stuck

Oh I guess I never examined the piano exactly right somehow because I got a different result when I tried for like the 10th time lol

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Keep in mind I'm not a graphics snob or anything and have only modest expectations given 3DS/Vita capability and precedence with 999/VLR setting the bar, but the 3DS version's graphics are unpolished to the point of being distractingly bad. I'd consider the Vita version to be at least adequate graphically-speaking.

It's probable that the graphics part of the development budget was the first on the chopping block in order to make ZTE a reality versus not in terms of compromises, but it's seriously cutting it close on the line between adequate and unacceptable sacrifices.

If you're deciding between the 3DS and Vita for a handheld ZTD, the Vita version is a no-brainer. If you just want the 3DS version, skip it and wait for the Steam version.

In my headcanon, I like to imagine Uchikoshi had a much bigger budget and rendered ZTD in the Fox engine from MGSV with its animation quality and graphical fidelity and smile. On the other hand, it might be a blessing in disguise that the graphics aren't as realistic because there's some really hosed up poo poo in this game that - I kid you not - would absolutely push the game from an M to AO rating if depicted more explicitly and with more advanced graphics. :gonk: :barf:

I will continue to play on the 3DS. Even though I have a Vita and Vita TV, I made the choice for the 3DS version.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

In my headcanon, I like to imagine Uchikoshi had a much bigger budget and rendered ZTD in the Fox engine from MGSV with its animation quality and graphical fidelity and smile. On the other hand, it might be a blessing in disguise that the graphics aren't as realistic because there's some really hosed up poo poo in this game that - I kid you not - would absolutely push the game from an M to AO rating if depicted more explicitly and with more advanced graphics. :gonk: :barf:

I wish they showed the full gore. Saw is a great movie. The first and second ones. Not the rest of them. Videogame blood/gore doesn't bother me. seeing people in photos eviscerated by cars or by ISIS or w/e doesn't bother me. watching someone slit their wrists or pushing blood out of their body is gross tho and that's where i start shutting my eyes. also needles make me squemish too.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm stuck in the Pantry before any actual puzzles being. Can I get some help for whatever I'm not managing to click on?

I found the knob and put it in the machine and I have the Jell-o mix, but I can't seem to interact with anything else. I've tapped everything and I'm just not getting any options to input anything. There's the door key-pads but I haven't seen any codes or anything and i doubt this is the pixel hunt already that the 3DS has trouble with.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

I'm also stuck there, and I don't even know what to do with the candle.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm stuck in the Pantry before any actual puzzles being. Can I get some help for whatever I'm not managing to click on?

I found the knob and put it in the machine and I have the Jell-o mix, but I can't seem to interact with anything else. I've tapped everything and I'm just not getting any options to input anything. There's the door key-pads but I haven't seen any codes or anything and i doubt this is the pixel hunt already that the 3DS has trouble with.

There's another drawer you can open, on the screen to the right of the drawer with the powder. It's at the bottom of the screen

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm also stuck there, and I don't even know what to do with the candle.

Look at it with the forest background

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The game looks surprisingly good on Vita. I had low expectations for the graphics and voice acting but have been pleasantly surprised.

Awesome game so far

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Arrrthritis posted:

What's the consensus: Vita, 3DS, or PC?

Portable: Vita, hands-down

Overall: PC

Skip the 3DS version!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

Look at it with the forest background

I tried that since it has holes in it in that background, but nothing happens.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I tried that since it has holes in it in that background, but nothing happens.

You have the camera right? Take a picture

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Paul Zuvella posted:

Is Sigma a huge loving weirdo in this game? I would hope so, considering he was already a huge weirdo and essentially has spent the past 45 years almost alone on the loving moon.

From what I've seen of the game, Siggy and Phido are still the best characters ever. My favorite interaction bit so far between them is the callback to the C cup joke. :allears:

My ranking list of favorite to least favorite participants so far:

1. Sigma
2. Phi
3. Junp-edgy
4. Diana
5. Carlos
6. Akane
7. Q
8. Mira
9. Eric

Junpei's new edgy hardcore and sarcastic personality is so bad it wraps around to being great again, think Sigma but more of an rear end in a top hat. Carlos seems like a pretty good guy so far, he's winning me over still.

But seriously, gently caress Eric.

E: Another morbidly hilarious part is when (death spoiler) the D-team wakes up to find out they've been voted to be executed, Phi and Sigma are like "Okay, get ready to jump!" while poor Diana is like "wait, what!?" before they all have their heads blown off.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 28, 2016

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

any hints on the transporter room? Im trying to figure out what symbols equal what numbers and im just rubbing my face into the wall

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Oh, now I see what my problem was. I missed the matches.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

How does the lack of narration feel so far? I'm having trouble imagining a Zero Escape game without the main characters internal monologue.

It works really well so far, although it can be jarring to hear the reused VLR music and expect the same mostly static text boxes and character portraits only to not see those in the usual format.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Why is everyone having so much trouble with this? I beat the game in like three minutes. Get better at guessing, scrublords.

Can't wait for game #4.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I wouldn't give so much of a poo poo for retrying answers if it wasn't so tedious to reload another choice. They help out a lot, but I'd wish there was a rewind immediately back to the choice if it leads to a bad end.

Really? I've only been watching streams so far, but it seems pretty easy to skip ahead dialogue you've already seen and the decision markers on the flowchart start pretty close to the actual decision point upon reload.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Holy poo poo

Q team spoilers, post Study: Please input Q's name. :stare:

I was not expecting that when I came back to try to get the final circle filled in before moving on...

Well that's one team done for now. Guess it's time to choose another.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I figured out what numbers mean what but it took me like 30 minutes and writing down it on paper, now i get another puzzle where I'm even more lost

Well I guess we know where the budget went :psyduck:

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Wow, cool

(I ordered pretty late, but still)

Digital Download, ho!

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I think I'm going to pick up the Steam version tomorrow as well. 3DS I wanted mainly to have the full series to lend to people to get them to play it, but this is starting to get a bit on my nerves. The colour makes it hard sometimes to find things.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I will continue to play on the 3DS. Even though I have a Vita and Vita TV, I made the choice for the 3DS version.

I'm not trying to stop anyone from getting and enjoying the game on 3DS, you do you of course. I just like to tell it how it is without any varnish or rose tinted glasses so you can hopefully get the version you enjoy best for yourself. :shobon:

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

Holy poo poo

Q team spoilers, post Study: Please input Q's name. :stare:

I was not expecting that when I came back to try to get the final circle filled in before moving on...

Well that's one team done for now. Guess it's time to choose another.

This is actually so unbelievably neat even though it literally tells you nothing

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jeep posted:

This is actually so unbelievably neat even though it literally tells you nothing

I know right? I can't even imagine what could be important enough from that outcome that they'd lock it behind that.

I'm looking forward to getting back to that later.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Jeep posted:

Agreed. My jaw just dropped at how nonchalant it was.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Transporter room: Got the 5 digit number from above the nucleus (27951), stuck it through the converter, got 12/9/5/1. I assume those are the cards I need for the little card game thing but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what the AI card is and the best I've gotten is three wins followed by the two sun cards destroying each other, then nothing happens. I figured pretty much everything else out, but this last bit is completely incomprehensible to me.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Oh, the other thing. The anagrams. I fired up Anagram Genius, the best anagram program ever.

It got one I'm pretty sure right:
LET'S INHIBIT THE VIRUS -> THE TRUTH IS INVISIBLE

But it also got one hilarious:
WHEN A CURIOUS HATE OOZES CALAMITY -> I AM ZERO: SANE, HEALTHY, CAUTIOUS COW.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Is there any way to skip dialogue without skipping entire segments? It's kind of annoying.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Please note context for your spoilers.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The Trash Disposal Room is Very Stressful.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ImpAtom posted:

Is there any way to skip dialogue without skipping entire segments? It's kind of annoying.

On the 3DS you can tap and hold the bottom right of the touchscreen. Tapping it once skips a line, holding skips until you let go. Dunno about Vita.

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy
Did they delay the release on Steam by a few hours?

I swear it said it would unlock at midnight, earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

On the 3DS you can tap and hold the bottom right of the touchscreen. Tapping it once skips a line, holding skips until you let go. Dunno about Vita.

Crap. Anyone know how it works on the Vita? There it only skips from camera angle change to camera angle change. :/

• Locked thread