Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KobayashiMaru
Dec 10, 2013
Harbor freight has one: http://www.harborfreight.com/2-1-2-half-gallon-pressure-paint-tank-66839.html

You'll need an air compressor of course.

It might be safer to vacuum degas your resin beforehand, though. You can build a vacuum chamber out of pvc pipe and use a shopvac.

KobayashiMaru fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

I believe that's the first ever transparent part in an IBO kit (discounting the Hyakuri and Kimaris Trooper's stands). It's pretty cool how they're treating 'holy poo poo this thing has a beam weapon' with the maximum possible gravitas.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

I believe that's the first ever transparent part in an IBO kit (discounting the Hyakuri and Kimaris Trooper's stands). It's pretty cool how they're treating 'holy poo poo this thing has a beam weapon' with the maximum possible gravitas.

Not unless you count the special edition transparent IBO kits :smuggo:.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Who is the mechanical designer for IBO anyways?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
It's an ensemble, but the Barbatos was designed by Naohiro Washio so he's setting the beat for everyone to follow.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Several people. according to the gundam wiki it's Naohiro Washio, Kanetake Ebikawa, Ippei Gyoubu, Kenji Teraoka and Tamotsu Shinohara. I know gyoubu's done some of the villain gundams and the rodi family, but other than that i don't know who did what exactly.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

BlitzBlast posted:

It's an ensemble, but the Barbatos was designed by Naohiro Washio so he's setting the beat for everyone to follow.

It's kind of impressive that all the other designs are better than the Barbatos

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Third Form Barbatos is my son

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
At least whoever the Graze designer is isn't stuffing the series with his slight variants this time.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

i liked the barbatos a little more after seeing its bull form

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Have any of you bothered using Mr. Mark Setter/Softer (mostly Softer I'm curious about) with clear adhesive decals? I'm gonna build my Zaku Live ver. and I was curious since I just stocked up on Setter and Softer for my Fei-Yen build (which was in fact pretty rough - not impossible, but I wouldn't recommend it for the inexperienced) and I didn't want to screw up the decals for the Zaku but I have the stuff so yeah...

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's kind of impressive that all the other designs are better than the Barbatos

IBO is one of the few Gundam shows where the main Gundam is my favourite design, usually the lead suit is really bland and conservative but the Barbatos is pretty distinctive. Kimaris comes a close second.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Naohiro Washio did all versions of the Barbatos.
Kanetake Ebikawa did all versions of the Graze, plus the Flauros and Geirail.
Tamotsu Shinohara did all the Teiwaz suits except the Shiden.
Ippei Gyobu did all versions of the Rodi, Shiden, Hexa (Hugo, Gilda, et cetera), Gusion, and Kimaris (including the Vidar).
The Grimgerde is a mystery, but as a Graze ancestor, it's probably Ebikawa's baby.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

I am going to buy robot dogge. And then buy it again in 1/100.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The 1/100 Vidar looks really good. Dig that colour separation.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Caitlin posted:

Have any of you bothered using Mr. Mark Setter/Softer (mostly Softer I'm curious about) with clear adhesive decals? I'm gonna build my Zaku Live ver. and I was curious since I just stocked up on Setter and Softer for my Fei-Yen build (which was in fact pretty rough - not impossible, but I wouldn't recommend it for the inexperienced) and I didn't want to screw up the decals for the Zaku but I have the stuff so yeah...

If you mean stickers, then no, Setter/Softer does not work.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

BlitzBlast posted:

If you mean stickers, then no, Setter/Softer does not work.

Thanks for letting me know. :3: I figured it wouldn't be necessary, but I also thought it might do well for the edges of the decal/sticker, MAYBE, so I asked before ruining anything. :toot:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

If you want stickers to not silver, use water.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I wanted the Flauros for just being a big fancy artillery Gundam, but every new reveal of it is just gravy. :swoon:

I love the big climbing axes for melee weapons too.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

So I'm debating the camouflage on my newest project. The basic structure uses a light green torso and the arms and legs are all a very dark green/gray. I'm going to do a mottled brown camouflage over the dark green/gray parts. the only question is:

Snakes or dots?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

At least whoever the Graze designer is isn't stuffing the series with his slight variants this time.

It's difficult to improve on perfection

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

The graze is a really good design but not quite "perfect". I still think they could beef the arms up a little. Those wrist cuffs are lame.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

The graze is a really good design but not quite "perfect". I still think they could beef the arms up a little. Those wrist cuffs are lame.

They're hardpoints for steadying heavy equipment like the rifle and shield. You'd want to keep them in some capacity, and they'd still need to be a shape that allows them to rotate around the arm.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

They're hardpoints for steadying heavy equipment like the rifle and shield. You'd want to keep them in some capacity, and they'd still need to be a shape that allows them to rotate around the arm.

And you dont want to abandon them, because they're great for letting the models use one handed guns that aren't hilariously thin without getting that limp-wristed sag.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Shiden is better than the Graze, and I hope we get a bunch more Shiden variants

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Shiden is better than the Graze, and I hope we get a bunch more Shiden variants

Assuming they're making models of them all the same way they did grazes during s1, there's at least one more coming.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Droyer posted:

Assuming they're making models of them all the same way they did grazes during s1, there's at least one more coming.

The variants this season are all P-Bandai.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The variants this season are all P-Bandai.

Some were for season 1 too, right? I remember the blue one being P-bandai.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Droyer posted:

Some were for season 1 too, right? I remember the blue one being P-bandai.

Nope, most of them were regular. The only one that wasn't was the Carta Boytoy grunt version of the Graze Ritter.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nope, most of them were regular. The only one that wasn't was the Carta Boytoy grunt version of the Graze Ritter.

Looked it up and you're wrong. The Ares Graze (the aforementioned blue one) and Gaelio's Schwalbe Graze were both P-bandai. There was no model made of the standard Ritter.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Droyer posted:

Looked it up and you're wrong. The Ares Graze (the aforementioned blue one) and Gaelio's Schwalbe Graze were both P-bandai. There was no model made of the standard Ritter.

Huh, I stand corrected. I swore there was some kind of Ritter variance though. Alternate shoulder stickers in the box maybe?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Huh, I stand corrected. I swore there was some kind of Ritter variance though. Alternate shoulder stickers in the box maybe?

Apparently you can make one using Carta's and pieces that come with Barbatos 6th Form.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Droyer posted:

Apparently you can make one using Carta's and pieces that come with Barbatos 6th Form.
Oh that's what that was for? Dumb not to put it in the Ritter box like they did for the regular Graze.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Hey BB, has anyone ever attempted to make a resin not-MG of the Virtue? I'm seeing all these plastic versions of 00 suit conversions coming out and it's the one thing I hope for.

Nadleeh optional.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Model Legend made a conversion kit for the Nadleeh Akwos. That's it.

If you're okay with sidestepping to Seravee though, Model Legend also made a conversion kit for the Seravee GNHW/3G. I'm still not entirely certain if you need to buy two copies of it, though.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
You can make Gaelio's Schwalbe graze with the first IBO option parts set, the one that comes with his lance. I appreciate that they gave us alternatives to paying a million dollars on retarded p-bandai markup.

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
Is there a reason why the RG Zaku II's limbs are SO drat pink?
The others I've built are nowhere near this bright salmon color. Is it like, trying to be anime-accurate color, or whatever?

Still not painting it though. :colbert:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Animation color. Although it has grown on me, I liked Tatsuya Yuki's Amazing red-scarlet variant.

The manual for the Scrambled-eggs gundam references the Zeta (obviously) as well as the seven swords 0, Acgguy and EZ-8. I have no idea why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

That's the Amazing Exia. It's referenced as PPSE's last major work. Acguy and EZ-8 are there as representative aquatic and land-specialized mechs because the Scramble is supposed to be an all purpose unit or something.

Also it doesn't just reference Zeta, it also draws on the Destiny for its wing binders.