Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

At last, with chess and checkers fully solved, we can finally devote humanity's vast resources to the ultimate existential goal: Polytopia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

StrangersInTheNight posted:

it's because he has money, and many see money as self-justifying - you wouldn't have it if you weren't doing something right. so rich people, who I would argue do most!!! of the crime, are able to keep getting away with it because as you said - they're viewed as just 'good people' who made mistakes.

conversely, you'll notice many of the 'criminals' who never do anything wrong but are condemned to a life of distrust by authority, happen to be poor.

Yeah that's basically what I meant to imply with the airquotes.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

With all these things being solved, Elon must be really excited for The Final Solution

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

Zero VGS posted:

A strange game.

Chess is considered solved I think. I watched Go players battling Google's AlphaGo in 2016 and that was interesting, especially the one match it lost. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AlphaGo_versus_Lee_Sedol
That was unexpectedly exciting for a board game article. Gotta play Go someday.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

That was unexpectedly exciting for a board game article. Gotta play Go someday.

Why, it's so interior to raid shadow legends

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcHtagqxPkI

60 Minutes Australia going after FSD

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

grok, give me the final solution to the chess problem. unhinged mode :elon:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

shyduck posted:

how is this not fraud

There's a lot of space between "obviously fraudulent claims to anyone applying critical thinking" and "legally actionable fraud". Especially if your legal budget is effectively unlimited.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i really love how much elon musk hates chess

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

There's a lot of space between "obviously fraudulent claims to anyone applying critical thinking" and "legally actionable fraud". Especially if your legal budget is effectively unlimited.

What if you just laid off all the lawyers?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

shyduck posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcHtagqxPkI

60 Minutes Australia going after FSD

Uhhh..... :confused:

Did it get Elonged or am I not Australian enough for Australia reports on Australian TV?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Sono posted:

What if you just laid off all the lawyers?

A good start!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

hemale in pain posted:

He hates anything where it's possible for whites to lose

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Wonder which one of his super-fans will defend Tesla from this Australian news hit piece first lol

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

hemale in pain posted:

It's because it takes years and years and years to actually get actually good at it - dedication and hard work in both practice, theory, playing, and drilling only to get poo poo on some 13 year old kid. Elon doesn't have patience for such things. Instead he'd rather dive into a k hole and fire one of his engineers than be confronted with hubris in any way shape or form.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The extra dumb thing is it’s not even the game as a game, but as a metaphor for strategy that most people can make the connection right away.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Croccers posted:

Uhhh..... :confused:

Did it get Elonged or am I not Australian enough for Australia reports on Australian TV?
That's odd, no idea. I'm in the US and didn't have an issue with it.

To tl;dr, it's 8 minutes of showing clips and photos of FSD failures and clips of Elon's failed promises relating to FSD going back to 2017. They also interview a Carnegie-Mellon professor who says FSD is bad. It's nothing earthshattering but it's nice to see this stuff getting more traction

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
didnt some Go noobs find out that they can beat the Go bot because the Go bot is basically a chinese room robot that doesnt really "get" Go? like they used a dumb gimmick strategy thats not documented in any masters game and any real Intelligences that understood Go would correctly play and beat, but the bot lost because its algos failed.

its like if a chess bot got baited into a Fools Checkmate.

Also did another Ukraine chessmaster tell musk to shut the gently caress up? iirc thats what started his first "lol my brain plays pollytopia not chess"

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 13, 2024

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
lol I can watch it on TwitterX though
https://twitter.com/Pablos_Broke/status/1774517670630822249

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Come on @DogeWeirdo, we need a meme to distract us from this news story lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

How long till this video mysteriously vanishes from X The Everything App Where Free Speech Is Allowed

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Pure evil

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

a few pages back someone mentioned a techbro championing Universal Computing instead of UBI.

Having some government owned or government entrusted entity that maintains a national social media service would be huge for small business startups(think like facebook but no ads). Not so much for folks trying to escape starvation and insecurity(UBI fixes this).

Both of those things are impossible in the current political landscape because national governments never put benefits before money holes.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

WhyteRyce posted:

Hey remember that guy with the always broken cybertruck

Quoting this again because it’s so funny. I guess a ride in the truck is notable because there are so few in working condition, like buying a flight in a WWII plane.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Bubbacub posted:

Quoting this again because it’s so funny. I guess a ride in the truck is notable because there are so few in working condition, like buying a flight in a WWII plane.

Sit in the car while it's towed to the service station: $250

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

steinrokkan posted:

Sit in the car while it's towed to the service station: $250

I just want a tablet app that can duplicate the flashing red screen of death with the cbrtrk error klaxons blaring.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://x.com/business/status/1790050583484739587

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I know people have bills and families and poo poo but I don't know how you willingly go back to work for that guy after this

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
^^^ you go back and just keep job searching to gtfo asap

This fire then rehire seems to be something Elon does a lot, almost as though he is bad at planning and the whole being a ceo thing. Hmm.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

coconono posted:

a few pages back someone mentioned a techbro championing Universal Computing instead of UBI.

Having some government owned or government entrusted entity that maintains a national social media service would be huge for small business startups(think like facebook but no ads). Not so much for folks trying to escape starvation and insecurity(UBI fixes this).

Both of those things are impossible in the current political landscape because national governments never put benefits before money holes.

sounds like obama phones, but with email address and websites, oh and internet service itself and other web services? thats communism and bad.

also the techbro was saying "computing" as in like science researchers taking turns on the super computers to grind away at some computational stuff, not computing as in some sort of basic hardware , software, and net/teleware access. like we get X amount of CPU cycles or hours and you can use it yourself. "computer help! i have no food" or you trade your computer beepboops on an exchange and profit somehow.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

PhazonLink posted:

somewhat related, apparently some other Sam techbro (its not Bankfriedman, but I think its still something-man)said that there should not be Universal Basic Income, but UB Computing. whatever the gently caress that means.

I hate how much media attention this guy gets. Similar to Musk, he's not a technical person--he's just a financier/investor type.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

priznat posted:

This fire then rehire seems to be something Elon does a lot, almost as though he is bad at planning and the whole being a ceo thing. Hmm.

If they actually did something, things would fail with them gone! :smuggo:

Oh no, they DO actually do important work, rehire, rehire! :shepface:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

PhazonLink posted:

sounds like obama phones, but with email address and websites, oh and internet service itself and other web services? thats communism and bad.

also the techbro was saying "computing" as in like science researchers taking turns on the super computers to grind away at some computational stuff, not computing as in some sort of basic hardware , software, and net/teleware access. like we get X amount of CPU cycles or hours and you can use it yourself. "computer help! i have no food" or you trade your computer beepboops on an exchange and profit somehow.

yeah that's stupid.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
also apparently Altman has stopped using the vocab word Effective Altruism

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWa0dZMHYeE

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

also, hold up, Musk physically assaulted a tesla employee?? lmfao rich people can do anything

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

priznat posted:

I don't know if it's what he's doing, but that's also something some skeezy companies do to get around things like seniority-based pay raises. Depends who's got their head on straight when negotiating re-hiring, and you can't really blame the employee for being rattled so people get jerked around.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Bruceski posted:

I don't know if it's what he's doing, but that's also something some skeezy companies do to get around things like seniority-based pay raises. Depends who's got their head on straight when negotiating re-hiring, and you can't really blame the employee for being rattled so people get jerked around.

Yah that could be a strategy too I suppose, you’d get a bunch of folks who are just relieved to get back. They should be looking as hard as they can to get a better situation but that is true for anyone in one of musk’s companies always.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Remember, Musk has to fire his employees from time to time because he's afraid one of them will beat him up and take control of his company. That's why he has security watching him in the bathroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Steadiman posted:

Am I seeing it right that they labeled which side of the hammer is the front? I guess they certainly understand the average intelligence of a Tesla buyer

Ohh... it says "Front"! I was gonna ask why it had "Trove" written on the side.