Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Elvis lives! :3:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Pastry of the Year posted:

Arlo and Janis Classic (May 14, 1996)

Gotta work on your Hand job grip!

but no really, what the heck is she doing

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Johnny Aztec posted:

I've never been a thirteen-year-old girl, but I'm given to understand that bust-increasing exercises among the self-conscious are a thing.

Hence the punchline in the comic.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Johnny Aztec posted:

I assumed it was a variation on this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgTIUa2y7gY

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

I've never been a thirteen-year-old girl, but I'm given to understand that bust-increasing exercises among the self-conscious are a thing.

Hence the punchline in the comic.

Yeah okay, that makes sense within the context.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Do you suppose the colorist didn't notice the beard or just didn't care?

Johnny Aztec posted:

It is a boob joke.

Alterian posted:

I assumed it was a variation on this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgTIUa2y7gY

I must!
I must!
I must increase my bust!
The bigger, the better!
The tighter the sweater!
The boys depend on us!

But... but you have to let the other kitty in to so it can be a Christmas miracle. :ohdear:

Unless she's made noise about wanting one, a foot spa is what you get a woman when you don't know what to get her. The first anniversary is the paper anniversary if you're traditional, or the clock anniversary if you're going modern. Decide which faction you're in and get her a stationery set or maybe a nice wall clock and call it good. Either one is appropriate for a small anniversary celebration (too late to scrapbook your first year together, since you're apparently doing this on the day of).

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Julet Esqu posted:

Do you suppose the colorist didn't notice the beard or just didn't care?

It is a boob joke.

I must!
I must!
I must increase my bust!
The bigger, the better!
The tighter the sweater!
The boys depend on us!

But... but you have to let the other kitty in to so it can be a Christmas miracle. :ohdear:

Unless she's made noise about wanting one, a foot spa is what you get a woman when you don't know what to get her. The first anniversary is the paper anniversary if you're traditional, or the clock anniversary if you're going modern. Decide which faction you're in and get her a stationery set or maybe a nice wall clock and call it good. Either one is appropriate for a small anniversary celebration (too late to scrapbook your first year together, since you're apparently doing this on the day of).

Anyone that doesn't use the paper anniversary to get tickets to something is wasting a prime opportunity.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Indolent Bastard posted:

Anyone that doesn't use the paper anniversary to get tickets to something is wasting a prime opportunity.

All you can get tickets for in this comic is a lingere party.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Julet Esqu posted:

All you can get tickets for in this comic is a lingere party.

I'd honestly be surprised if there wasn't at least one milquetoast pop band that someone in this universe happened to know a member of personally so that Brad could get cheap or free tickets.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Foot spa doesnt sound like the worst idea for a Firefighter that is on her feet alot.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
People don't go to shows in Luann.

They are literally the most boring people on earth.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Julet Esqu posted:

"happy anniversary honey here's a stationary set for god knows what reason"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

"happy anniversary honey here's a stationary set for god knows what reason"

Honestly, in the Luann universe, a stationary set might even be moving too fast. God forbid a personalized stationary set.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

The reason is "I'm a stupid idiot who did my shopping the day of and this is a thing they had at the mall that was made of paper." I guess other options would be a calendar? A box set of the Lord of the Rings novels? A framed poster of a football person? Hilarious novelty toilet paper?

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Julet Esqu posted:

My thoughts exactly!

I am way more invested in the wellbeing of these cats than I would ever have expected.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Don't stop there, Ripley!

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/3kz4ab/we-talked-to-the-woman-who-is-butt-chugging-infinite-jest

What a funny jokester!

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

The reason is "I'm a stupid idiot who did my shopping the day of and this is a thing they had at the mall that was made of paper." I guess other options would be a calendar? A box set of the Lord of the Rings novels? A framed poster of a football person? Hilarious novelty toilet paper?

An autographed photo of TJ

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

TofuDiva posted:

My thoughts exactly!

I am way more invested in the wellbeing of these cats than I would ever have expected.

You let that cat in and all the cats are gonna freak out about the new intruder in the house and knock over the tree.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0081 posted:

You let that cat in and all the cats are gonna freak out about the new intruder in the house and knock over the tree.

They don't even have to let him in for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBuTGpgOXEY

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Kavak posted:

They don't even have to let him in for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBuTGpgOXEY

My cat did not enjoy this video

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Irukandji Syndrome posted:

Does anyone have this Dick Tracy edit from one of the old comic strip megathreads? It was from before the comic got a new, competent artist. It was a bunch of panels of Dick Tracy characters making fists, pasted together and the dialogue edited, and I think it ended with "I too am making a fist, detective..."

This is a really specific request but it's been stuck in my head for years. I think it was in a few of the OPs for the older threads but I don't have archives.
It's not in any of the ones that still have working images. Unless someone happens to have saved it it's probably lost forever.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I probably did but I have no idea if its under a name or an Imgur address.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Julet Esqu posted:

Pictured: My wife's first anniversary gift to me. Does she know me or what?

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Ballard Street

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Old New Yorker Cartoons

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

FrumpleOrz posted:

Hagar The Horrible

Hagar they looked through everyone's windows to see if they have the throne and you not only have the throne but you're sitting on it

Also I've said as much before but man, Hagar really has dropped even the slightest pretense of sticking to its historic premise. That happened a long time ago I'm sure, I'm just consistently baffled how blatantly it goes about it.

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008

Tiggum posted:

It's not in any of the ones that still have working images. Unless someone happens to have saved it it's probably lost forever.

That's what I feared. :negative:

Kavak posted:

I probably did but I have no idea if its under a name or an Imgur address.

Probably a name, it was likely Waffleimages. (Though I don't remember if Waffleimages renamed things now?)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Did you know that comic strip scientists have recently discovered that any Intelligent Life "Skip is a nice nerd man" strip can be made into an equal and opposite "Barry is a dumb jock man" strip by simply changing the variable "nerd thing" into "jock thing" and flipping the setup and punchline around?

This is known as the First Law of poo poo Cartoon Dynamics

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (May 15, 2006)

Arlo and Janis Classic (May 15, 1996)

Garfield Classic (May 15, 1986)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

FrumpleOrz posted:

The Lockhorns

GET. A. DIVORCE.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Arlo and Janis Classic (May 14, 1996)

Brutal.

Edit: has been adequately gone over since the last page. Sorry.

~Coxy fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Dec 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Green Intern posted:

GET. A. DIVORCE.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking this.

Lockhorns doesn't work as well in a world where divorce isn't seen as a crime against Man and God.

• Locked thread