Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Mr. Apollo posted:

The Geeks & Gamers team, who Zack distanced himself from while on their podcast, said that they are putting out a video that will explain how Zack's "nihilistic world view" is what caused Autumn to take her own life.

No loving way. That's so gross and inhuman. What the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Apollo posted:

The Geeks & Gamers team, who Zack distanced himself from while on their podcast, said that they are putting out a video that will explain how Zack's "nihilistic world view" is what caused Autumn to take her own life.

Ummm...you know they can just get hosed.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

It's giving me flashbacks to people posting comments on that Maggie Mae Fish video giving detailed descriptions about how they'd be killed in a Zack Snyder movie.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Robot Style posted:

It's giving me flashbacks to people posting comments on that Maggie Mae Fish video giving detailed descriptions about how they'd be killed in a Zack Snyder movie.

Lol I forgot about that. That was weird as hell.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's kind of hilarious in BvS, Lex, Bruce, the media, and the US Govt were extremely concerned about how a godlike alien is going to have to choose sides and what consequences that will carry.

Meanwhile, a godlike alien is the United States secretary of defense

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
of all the comic-booky things we got in the film, the one I expected the least was the Darkseid hard-turning laser vision

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Robot Style posted:

Ha, I'd forgotten about that. It had insane poo poo like "as a gay man, Superman would tear me in half with his bare hands" or whatever

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That's really sad and weird.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

2house2fly posted:

Ha, I'd forgotten about that. It had insane poo poo like "as a gay man, Superman would tear me in half with his bare hands" or whatever

I'm not saying that BvS is a gigantic progressive movie or anything, but it's the only giant blockbuster superhero movie I can think of that has two men kissing on screen. It's blink and miss, but it's certainly not navel gazey or embarrassing like the Russo scene in Endgame.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I used to be a big fan of Linsey Ellis videos and then her tweet about Snyder's daughter really made me lose so much respect for her.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
OK I enjoyed this a lot except for the bit about THIS BOMB WILL DESTROY FOUR CITY BLOCKS. Well then... why didn't you just detonate it from the curb? Why all the running in here and doing all this nonsense?

/pedant

The moment that really turned it for me was Bruce's "Faith, Alfred. Faith." It's not like he's desperate and faith is all he has left. It's a true faith and the peak of the whole BvS/JL arc of his redemption from be just kinda dead-souled and almost nihilistic into the opposite

AlternateAccount fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 19, 2021

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

It’s really weird how some people lose their poo poo over Snyder the person. Just deranged behavior.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

AlternateAccount posted:

OK I enjoyed this a lot except for the bit about THIS BOMB WILL DESTROY FOUR CITY BLOCKS. Well then... why didn't you just detonate it from the curb? Why all the running in here and doing all this nonsense?

Also I'll forgive it, but no-one in London would have any idea how large that is supposed to be.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blue Raider posted:

It’s really weird how some people lose their poo poo over Snyder the person. Just deranged behavior.

Especially since everyone with personal or professional interactions with him have nothing but good things to say about him.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
If you guys haven't seen, there's a section of HBO Max with "Zack's picks" on it. Throne of Blood is right next to Time Bandits. Yes!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Blue Raider posted:

It's the kind of thing you usually see about someone who has *~allegations~* whispered about them and I've never read a peep about that poo poo regarding Snyder. People love working with him. Emily Browning was going to quit acting until she did Sucker Punch. His biggest crime I know of was Made Superman Sad.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

AlternateAccount posted:

The moment that really turned it for me was Bruce's "Faith, Alfred. Faith." It's not like he's desperate and faith is all he has left. It's a true faith and the peak of the whole BvS/JL arc of his redemption from be just kinda dead-souled and almost nihilistic into the opposite

Born Again Bruce rules and his arc over BvS and ZSJL is the best.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

BvS having Psycho Batman is also Very Cool.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

LesterGroans posted:

Born Again Bruce rules and his arc over BvS and ZSJL is the best.

It's so good. And all the Jesus imagery in MoS just sets it up and for me, that single line pays it off to almost a "stand up and cheer" degree.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Roman posted:

Emily Browning was going to quit acting until she did Sucker Punch.

Was the same for Gal Gadot until Zack brought her onboard BvS. She was gonna quit acting and move back to Israel I think, until she got the call from Zack to be Wonder Woman.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

AlternateAccount posted:

/pedant

I took it as a threat meant to instill fear, as in, whatever WW does won't be enough to save everyone else so why bother. She tries anyway and the bombing is foiled. Faith rewarded.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

teagone posted:

Was the same for Gal Gadot until Zack brought her onboard BvS. She was gonna quit acting and move back to Israel I think, until she got the call from Zack to be Wonder Woman.
Yeah, she said that she told her husband that this was her last audition as she was tired of the constant rejections. If this didn't work out she was going to go back to Israel and go back to doing TV commercials.

She's having another kid so she's probably going to be out of filming for about a year or so.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Space Fish posted:

I took it as a threat meant to instill fear, as in, whatever WW does won't be enough to save everyone else so why bother. She tries anyway and the bombing is foiled. Faith rewarded.

He's tied up by the lasso though, so he can only tell the exact truth

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
ZSJL Batman is the endgame of The Lego Movie Batman, prove me wrong

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Mr. Apollo posted:

Yeah, she said that she told her husband that this was her last audition as she was tired of the constant rejections. If this didn't work out she was going to go back to Israel and go back to doing TV commercials.

She's having another kid so she's probably going to be out of filming for about a year or so.

I think Momoa also credits Zack to saving his career.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

AlternateAccount posted:

/pedant

The goal was to get live media and people watching before the detonation.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

ghostwritingduck posted:

The goal was to get live media and people watching before the detonation.

Boring!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And I'm not even getting into that The Lego Movie 2 had Batman be in charge of a Mad Max post apocalyptic society

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Recent events have proven that someone can quietly destroy a few city blocks and everyone will forget about it the next day.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I know the executives have not wanted a black Iris in the Flash movie for years and that's part of why it's continually been in development hell. They just announced she was cast as Iris for the flash movie last week and I think a major reason is now she's in the Snyder cut they can't recast without looking really really bad.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

Recent events have proven that someone can quietly destroy a few city blocks and everyone will forget about it the next day.

More like on the same day!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Mr. Apollo posted:

Man, Zack helping out other people with their careers, pffffft. What an objectivist thing to do.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The London Terrorists being Crime Bible adherents would have been better, IMO.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The London Terrorists being Crime Bible adherents would have been better, IMO.

Or Intergang?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm not saying that BvS is a gigantic progressive movie or anything, but it's the only giant blockbuster superhero movie I can think of that has two men kissing on screen. It's blink and miss, but it's certainly not navel gazey or embarrassing like the Russo scene in Endgame.

When was it? I didn’t see.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

Blue Raider posted:

None of this "cult" around him would exist if it werent for this poo poo. The hate is what created us.

Like I just wanted to watch some sick movies I swear.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

When was it? I didn’t see.

It's in the UE, when Clark is walking around Gotham.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Mr. Apollo posted:

I guess Jason Momoa and Gal Gadot kinda balance each other out

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

It's when Clark is on the ferry to Gotham.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B7dFRD8PXo&t=163s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

sean10mm posted:

Or Intergang?

Basically, yeah.