Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

there is something compelling about the weight and feel and purposefulness of a firearm. the mechanical focus of the thing. i don't own any but i appreciate their appeal. kind of the biblical sense of "awesome," where it means something that is simultaneously beautiful and terrifying.

i feel the same way about fighter jets. they're designed only for killing, but they're still super cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8sDp65dyeA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

i saw the thumbnail, and thought, well, that's not that weird a fetish on the scale of things

then i saw the tagline about "willing participants" and it's just like let's nope right the gently caress out of here

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

that subtitle reads like a kelly comic

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i saw the thumbnail, and thought, well, that's not that weird a fetish on the scale of things

then i saw the tagline about "willing participants" and it's just like let's nope right the gently caress out of here

did you see the part where it was on ebaum's world?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

infernal machines posted:

did you see the part where it was on ebaum's world?

what am i supposed to make of that

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

how soon they forget

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

yeah but at my old high school this woman was loving students last year i mean...

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i guess it depends on whether you remember what ebaum's world used to be

they were a content mill that lifted and republished poo poo from all over in the early days of people making money from stupid poo poo on the internet, they had a big to do with SA back in the day

the point being they posted really obnoxious poo poo to be "controversial" and drive engagement

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
weird

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

yeah but at my old high school this woman was loving students last year i mean...

pretty lady

still a huge rear end in a top hat

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

i guess it depends on whether you remember what ebaum's world used to be

they were a content mill that lifted and republished poo poo from all over in the early days of people making money from stupid poo poo on the internet, they had a big to do with SA back in the day

the point being they posted really obnoxious poo poo to be "controversial" and drive engagement

that does not excuse having a tagline that defends assholes or pooh-poohs power relationships between sexual partners

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

that does not excuse having a tagline that defends assholes or pooh-poohs power relationships between sexual partners

i'm not defending them, i'm saying this isn't even notable because it's their shtick

when you saw it was ebaum's world you might have known it was some vile bullshit

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Nov 11, 2019

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
poo poo

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

i'm not defending them, i'm saying this isn't even notable because it's their shtick

when you saw it was ebaum's world you might have known it was some vile bullshit

nbsd is extremely stupid

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s also rape and if the sex’s were swapped as in hottest dude teachers who hosed you’re daughters, it would be more than just a bit controversial

but it raises questions about, even if someone enthusiastically consents, the power dynamic may still make it not ok?

the only safe move is to gently caress those who hold power over you so you can’t be held liable for a wrong sex

this is literally what incels think when they role play as someone desirable

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

echinopsis posted:

it’s also rape and if the sex’s were swapped as in hottest dude teachers who hosed you’re daughters, it would be more than just a bit controversial

but it raises questions about, even if someone enthusiastically consents, the power dynamic may still make it not ok?

that question has a definite answer: no, it is not ok. never. it is not ok for a boss to gently caress their subordinates, it is not ok for a teacher to gently caress their students, it is not ok for a cop to gently caress people at traffic stops.

additionally, many of these men and women in the teaching scenario run afoul of statutory consent laws. it's not that hard for an adult to coax or bully kids into loving them!

that is why we have laws against it that deliberately, explicitly reject consent of the victim as a defense!

i'm not trying to kink shame. lots of illegal and horrible scenarios are sexy to adults jerking off or playing with each other. but that does not mean we should defend the real life counterparts to scenarios that are fun as play.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
additionally: poo poo and also pee pee

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Cocoa Crispies posted:

nbsd is extremely stupid

well, gently caress you, too, i guess?

thanks for this valuable contribution to the forums discourse :discourse:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

:hmmyes:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

SmokaDustbowl posted:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

tbf it would be pretty funny to hide some tiny miniature dicks and titties in like a big diorama or something similar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZGF72BFUKg

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Remember the ebaumsworld song

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thank christ i don’t

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

NoneMoreNegative posted:

put ‘em on the glass

lol

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Bulgakov posted:

ban all outdoor advertisements and bright as the sun car dealerships. make light pollution a regulated thing!!!

they do this on La Palma, one of the Canary Islands. It's pretty great.

quote:

The very strict anti-light pollution regulations on La Palma seem to have done the job. All street lights must have an upper light output ratio (ULOR) of 0%, which allows only full-cut-off housings that direct all light to the ground. All ornamental lights have to be switched off at midnight. The regulations also require that streetlights be dimmed by 50% between midnight and dawn. La Palma also specifies maximum levels of light flux, while the rest of Europe limits only minimum levels.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

stuff like that is so very nice

I linked the recent flagstaff, which is a big part of the dark sky initiative in the US, somewhere above about but yea there are so many basic changes that would do the world good, like the light baffles/housings mentioned instead of freeform spotlights on every backdoor or etc that shine up down and all around or mandating motion detection lights instead of full time stadium grade lighting for backyards blah blah blah

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

and as also mentioned in that bit you quoted, limiting upward light from that start

eg just make billboards, if they have to be there, shine lights from the top instead of from below

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fully Automated Space Homo Luxury Communism

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Fully Automated Space Homo

Mods!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sagebrush posted:

there is something compelling about the weight and feel and purposefulness of a firearm. the mechanical focus of the thing. i don't own any but i appreciate their appeal. kind of the biblical sense of "awesome," where it means something that is simultaneously beautiful and terrifying.

i feel the same way about fighter jets. they're designed only for killing, but they're still super cool
same but about computers

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Sagebrush posted:

which post in d&d did you quote this from

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

a little on the nose, i think

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

your posting was also mistake.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

imagine e being so extremely horny that you have to vent your frustrations in the form of tiny horny models for your model trains.

this is how incels are born

e: my phone autocorrected it to “this is how uncles are born” which is probably equally true

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

imagine e being so extremely horny that you have to vent your frustrations in the form of tiny horny models for your model trains.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebetSZQKBAo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s more entertaining to think of people as trains

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

e: my phone autocorrected it to “this is how uncles are born” which is probably equally true

uncles aren't born, they're made (by your siblings loving)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA