Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

So would Ceasar be Mathiu's son, or his grandson? I'm not sure how the timeline would exactly fall there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Leon's grandson, apparently.

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!

Wudgeous posted:

This, right here, is the most precious thing in the game so far imho. Despite everything horrible that's happened, despite having a poor opinion of most people in suits of armor, Hugo can appreciate the cultural similarity in allowing girls to fight. Heck, he even congratulates her and goes onto introduce himself. If he ain't the coolest bro I don't know who is. :shobon:

Hugo is my favorite until further notice!

Although, I'm not sure ANY culture has a stigma against allowing chicks to bear arms.
..... Duck clan maybe?

CmdrKing posted:

There's more than a little hinting in the conversations between Chris and the Zexen Council that a female knight is quite rare (like, Chris is basically the only one rare). The manga suggests that she more or less was accepted just because of her family name, and even then it was generally believed she slept her way to the top, but there's not really a strong indication in the game it went that far.

Otherwise... well, all named fighting Lizards are male, but we're not given a clear indication of differences between the lizard sexes, so it's entirely possible there's both men and women in their armies. Ducks seem to be all male that we see, Karayans are very liberal on the matter (shock, they have a woman chief famed as a warrior and strategist and don't hold strict gender roles on fighting.) All the generic bug riders we see are male by all appearances. The other fighting forces we see are one or two we haven't met and the Harmonians, who are downright faceless so who the hell knows.

So yeah, the karayans from available evidence might the only ones who don't make a real division based on gender in their fighters, but it's hard to say.

There's a fair number of accusations of Chris having slept her way to the top by other Zexens in the manga, but I wouldn't say that it suggests she had. It's definitely strange in Zexen for a woman to wield a sword and wear armor instead of dresses, though. As for the other cultures, it's not really said. I think it depends what faction you're in for Harmonia, as the Howling Voice guild doesn't seem to have any issues with women as warriors (Cathari and Elza, for example), but I don't think you'd see one in the regular army ever, though there's a woman of some authority in Suikogaiden. They're more racist than sexist there, though. Le Buque has a sort of strange situation because they're not allowed to do anything, much less build an army, but it's implied that only men were allowed to ride bugs because it was the boys that they took to Crystal Valley and "assimilated" into Harmonian culture. Gender in ducks and lizards is kind of a running joke because we can't tell the difference (some lizards call you out on that, actually), but it's implied, I think, that lizards are similar to Karaya in their thoughts on gender. As for the ducks? Joe is basically their entire army, so I'm not even sure. And then there's Chisha, who we saw is headed by the old woman Sana, so they're pretty liberal as well from what we've seen so far.

Tinkertonk posted:

Ah, an update to my favourite thread. Fantastic. :allears:

I'm wondering how you'll handle a certain major choice later in the game. I never really finished this game myself, but I got to THAT part and I'm just wondering which choice you're going with. :o

Also you probably have double the characters I did at this point in the game. Now I want to play this again so I can do it right. Pity it doesn't run well enough on my PC. :shrug:

That decision is actually one I'll be leaving up to you guys, along with a list of pros and cons of each choice, as well as my suggestion.

Haha, it actually doesn't play very well for me either. Not poorly enough for me to even consider stopping the LP, mind you, but I'm pretty consistently doing things at 2/3 speed depending on how much is on the screen. It was a kind of jarring transition from playing on console to playing on PC.

I regret the point at which I'll be running into parties of multiple dragons. So many particles. :qq:

KataraniSword posted:

So would Ceasar be Mathiu's son, or his grandson? I'm not sure how the timeline would exactly fall there.

vilkacis posted:

Leon's grandson, apparently.

Yeah, there's never a very clear family tree of the Silverbergs, mostly because we don't get to see many of them. I kind of assume that their family is huge.

Notes for those unfamiliar, like always:
Leon Silverberg was one of your allied strategists in Suikoden I, along with his nephew Mathiu Silverberg and, briefly, Mathiu's sister Odessa. Leon was an opposing strategist in Suikoden II. 150 years earlier, in Suikoden IV, Elenor Silverberg served as your strategist.

Apple was a student of Mathiu, which is how she became acquainted with the Silverberg family.

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010
Any chance of getting a gif made of Caesar's hand jive? I imagine the text boxes might screw that up a little but I would like to check it out. Maybe a video would be better, I dunno much about this stuff.

"...a Halloween themed special event." Woohoo, does that mean another update before Thursday? If so, awesome. If not, that's cool take your time, you're doing a great job with this great game.

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!

whoda thunkit posted:

Any chance of getting a gif made of Caesar's hand jive? I imagine the text boxes might screw that up a little but I would like to check it out. Maybe a video would be better, I dunno much about this stuff.

"...a Halloween themed special event." Woohoo, does that mean another update before Thursday? If so, awesome. If not, that's cool take your time, you're doing a great job with this great game.

I think the camera is a bigger issue than the text boxes, but here are a few I could scrounge together from my shots.

I don't think my Halloween special is going to be as cool as you think it is, haha. There's just a thing we can do as Hugo now that's appropriate for the time of year. Aside from that, uh... I'm planning on drawing something stupid? Does that count? But yeah, planning on posting the next update on Thursday.

Oh, and before I forget. This has nothing to do with the upcoming special, but I do have a small vote for you all!

Joe: There are some Zexen Knights coming over here!
Hugo:
---->Let's get out of here.
---->I'm not afraid of no stinkin' knights! (fight)

As always, bold your votes and uh. Voting ends when I post the next one, I guess.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bust some heads! :black101:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
While normally I am all for fighting, Hugo seems to be leaning away from continuing the cycles of vengeance and violence during this chapter. At least if his brief conversation with Thomas was any indication. So, I say Run Away, as opposed as I might be otherwise to losing out on such precious spoils of battle.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
bravely turn your tail and flee

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

Bust some heads! :black101:

They have sullied your Hussies' honour, there must be blood.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Run away!

It was nice to see Lilly softening up a bit, in that she asked Hugo to wait as a favour, not as her lackey or paid merc.

Tinkertonk
Sep 11, 2013
Oh dear I am bad at choices. :ohdear:

But I seem to remember trying to fight every time there's a choice in the suikoden games, so...

Let's dance!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Grab your bird and run like hell. They're counting on you to fight, so flip the script.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
Normally I'm the type that fights every chance I get, but Hugo would probably be wise enough to think of fleeing at this point. Hmm...

Eh, I say Run like a little bitch.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Run away to continue character growth or some such thing.

Also, was it just me, or did the allied Silverberg strategists seem to become more and more laid-back as the series progressed?

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
Drunk or no, Eleanor is just too BITTER to really call more laid back than Caesar.

Ceraph
Feb 26, 2013

Say, "fuzzy pickles."
Oh, hell no we ain't having Zexen knights up in Duck Village! We fight! For the glory of Duck Village!

quack.

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!

Verant posted:

Also, was it just me, or did the allied Silverberg strategists seem to become more and more laid-back as the series progressed?

CmdrKing posted:

Drunk or no, Eleanor is just too BITTER to really call more laid back than Caesar.

I'd agree up to Caesar, but he's far and away the most laid-back in the family.

I think "sort of scary" is a more appropriate description for Elenor anyway.

She reminds me of Genkai. That is not a bad thing by any means.

In other news, it's kind of hard to tell what hair colors Mathiu and Odessa have from the character art.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Well, you just have to look at in chronological order, where Eleanor is actually the first Silverburg. With that in place, everything makes perfect sense, I'm sure.

Pfefferbao
Jun 1, 2011
Run like a river :derp:

Zosephine
Dec 31, 2012

Even my tail feathers concur.
Go get your stab on, Hugo!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

yokaiy posted:

I'd agree up to Caesar, but he's far and away the most laid-back in the family.

She reminds me of Genkai. That is not a bad thing by any means.

In other news, it's kind of hard to tell what hair colors Mathiu and Odessa have from the character art.

The only reason the pattern fits is because Shu isn't a Silverberg, just Silverberg-trained, anyway.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

yokaiy posted:

Oh, and before I forget. This has nothing to do with the upcoming special, but I do have a small vote for you all!

Elenor is so grumpy. So grumpy. :allears:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

yokaiy posted:

She's a cross between Lucille Bluth and Horatio Nelson. That's pretty loving scary.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Took me forever to figure out who the first figure is. vilkacis better get that Suikoden 1 update going soon.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

vilkacis posted:

Elenor is so grumpy. So grumpy. :allears:

You'd be grumpy too if your entire life was the loving ocean.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

^
My entire life was the goddamn ocean for a couple of months there. I know.

At least Elenor got free booze...

Xander77 posted:

Took me forever to figure out who the first figure is. vilkacis better get that Suikoden 1 update going soon.

:argh:

Honestly it's probably gonna have to wait until February. I'm busy over new year and I'm not sure I'd be able to finish it up before then, especially since this is going to require some research as well. And I'd rather not have another Tactics situation where I have to leave poo poo unfinished for weeks on end.

The alternative would be pre-writing enough updates to last me about a month or so where I can't play the game, and :effort:

Strayed
Mar 3, 2013
Took me awhile but I finally remember what it is that prompts this choice. Given that Hugo's time at the castle in the manga was significantly more tense and self illuminating I'd say he'd think first before charging into battle. So in that case Let's get out of here.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

yokaiy posted:

Joe: There are some Zexen Knights coming over here!
Hugo:
---->Let's get out of here.
---->I'm not afraid of no stinkin' knights! (fight)

As always, bold your votes and uh. Voting ends when I post the next one, I guess.

:orks101::black101::ese:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Beating the poo poo out of knights isn't a bad thing, it's a good thing

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Character growth I guess? Lets not fight them, maybe it's not worth it

Also echoing the general sentiment of "Noooo Lily don't leave :negative:"

Hugo chapters are much less amusing without her.

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!
By a margin of only one vote, Hugo will be running the gently caress away. As always, I'll show off the fight in an interlude.

Update coming within an hour or so.

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!
Hugo Chapter 3.2 - Murder Most Fowl

One sentence in and we've already got issues.

: "Her? She's not very consistent."

: "I noticed that. Anyway, we can' waste much more time here. It's hard to be helpful like this. Clan Chief Lucia, Jimba, Beecham, the Lizard Clan fighters... with them gone, we're useless here."

The Great Hollow is very empty right now. We've got a few people to talk to, but it's eerily quiet.

I know that, during Chris 2, there was discussion in the thread about Grasslander honor and such given the attack on Iksay, so it's a nice touch that the NPCs still left in the Hollow all have the same reservations about and arguments against the attack that you all had.

There are even a bunch of Lizards roaming around that want nothing to do with it.

An even nicer touch, though, is this guy who is pro-battle. It really brings home the idea that there was a lot of division amongst the clan members in whether to attack or not, that even amongst the few behind there is a split.

Whatever, it's depressing here. Let's go find Lilly or something.

As you may recall from last time we saw the map, we still don't have a direct route to anywhere but Budehuc, so we need to cut through the Ancient Highway to get anywhere. Since we were in a cutscene last time we went through, I believe this is our first time seeing what the entrance from this side looks like?

Same as it was.

Even the enemies are the same.

One of them did, however, manage to throw us into the Twilight Zone or something, with an attack I don't believe we've seen yet in this LP. Still lovely, though.

Suddenly, we find a man.

Oh boy, this guy.

He runs back and forth next to the wall, stopping at various spots to poke at it with his trident.

Hugo does that anime thing where he literally falls to the floor in surprise/shame/disgust/take your pick.

Who was he waiting for in a creepy place like this?

Hugo hesitates before answering sheepishly. He's a good kid, even to people that don't deserve it.

: "Egads! I've been seen!"

He runs past into the open part of the room, and brandishes his weapon.

: "You're crazy!"

Hugo looks genuinely sad about this.

A duel begins, in which Guillaume basically attempts to deathblow himself out of commission, and shouts the best lines which, unlike last time, are not complete and total lies. I have thusly catalogued a few of them:

: "Deathblow attack!!! Fluttering fist!!!"

: "Deathblow attack!!! Ominous oceans!!!"

: "Deathblow attack!!! Wet rainstorm!!!"

I think you give him too much credit.

Guillaume looks at Hugo, then turns away, crestfallen and looking far too much like a lost puppy for my comfort.

: "You mean return to being an unskilled appraiser? Ho ho."

: "............"

: "What? You have something to say?"

: "I'm an appraiser by trade. Oooh, do you have need for one? Ho ho ho! I'll consider any business propositions if you ask nicely."

: "Cocky too..."

Before you ask.

:
>"I don't need an appraiser."
>"I could use an appraiser, actually."

Yes, he is one of our 108.

: "Ho ho ho ho. Leave it to me, ho ho. Where is it again? ... Oh, so far away? Ah, what does it matter? I'll go there right away. By the time you return, my appraisal shop will be open."

He promptly runs off towards Budehuc.

: "I hope so..."

:stare:

The saddest part of this is that we're gonna need him for something pretty soon, and so he'll be going into our party almost immediately.

Anyway, we run through the rest of the tunnel and come out the other side.

Immediately, however, our map expands and a path opens up directly from the Great Hollow to Brass Castle. We're supposed to go there to find Lilly, but...

Well, Duck Village is nearby, and we need to stick a creepy older gentleman in our party.

To the inn!

Wait a second, where did the inn keeper go?

:confused:

There are in fact a few things going on in back, but let's start with this guy.

: "Budehuc? No, this is the Duck Clan Village in Grassland."

: "Goodness... Are you saying this is not the castle I seek?"

: "Budehuc is very far from here."

: "Do you know the location of Budehuc? I wish to open up a shop there."

Well, he seems like a reasonable gentleman.

:
>"Go north beyond the mountains. Budehuc is by the lake."
>"Don't tell him."

: "Is that so? You have my gratitude."

Ummmm.

Okay, then.

: "I wonder if he'll get there."

The new-star text box didn't pop up, so I doubt it. Oh well.

Next up, and only a few feet away.

: "No, really. I said I don't want them. I didn't expect anything in return."

: "My parents would be ashamed of me if I showed such bad manners."

: "Is something the matter?"

: "So, as a token of my appreciaton I thought I'd give him a gift. But..."

:
>"Why don't you accept them?"
>"He does recognize your gratitude. You don't have to worry."
>"Then give them to me."

It doesn't actually matter what response you give her.

: "Okay. I'm sorry if I went too far. Thank you for your kind advice."

: "Goodbye, then."

Sanae bows to the duck as he leaves.

She then turns to Hugo and bows again.

: "Thanks for sorting out our spat. My things are back at the inn. I should get going."

:
>"Will you join my group?"
>Goodbye."

: "Kindness often comes back to you. Even my parents said that he was blessed with good friends in the past. If there is anything I can do, please let me help."

:toot:

Anyway, the real reason we came here is for the inn-extention in the back on the left of this screen.

However, once we get inside, something is very amiss.

Two people stand over the gnarled corpse of one of the villagers.

: "What on earth is this?"

Jimmy Kudo Kidd kneels down to examine the corpse, and begins to describe the situation.

Assist a kid-detective in a murder case?

: "All right, I'll help you."

:hellyeah:

: "Thanks! Now, let me get to work!"

:allears:

: "Here I come!"

: "........."

The Kidd's voice is so smooth and hypnotic that we manage to slip into a flashback of what must have happened literally five minutes ago.

: "All of a sudden, we heard horrible crunches and splintering noises coming from Mr. Jonathan's room. It was too creepy sounding to be wood breaking."

The pair run for the back room.

But someone lurks outside, watching them with cold, dark eyes and a sneer that is totally not silly looking at all what are you talking about.

: "Quiet down! Don't touch anything. It's all evidence. This is officially a murder case."

: "A murder?"

End flashback.

: "Was Jonathan alone in the room?"

This is all a very dramatic and compelling telling of the events, I'm sure, but Hugo doesn't care. He gets right down to business.

: "Yes, when we entered the room, there was no sign of the murderer. At the time, only the detective and myself were near the scene. And Howard, the janitor, in the courtyard."

Hmmm, Howard the janitor...

: "Yes, you can ask him questions later."

: "Now, let's search the room first. There are always clues left behind! Be thorough!"

Yes! Search for clues! Searching for valuable clues!

BEDS. But what is the significance of the beds? Jonathan couldn't have fallen from the second floor, or else he'd be closer to the ladders. They look undisturbed as well...

Actually, I just wanted to show off that there was a second floor. This has nothing to do with the case.

What about this highly suspicious medicine cabinet?! Did the culprit somehow dull Jonathan's senses with smoke before assassinating him? Was Jonathan actually a kung-fu master who was put down before he could rise to power??

: "It's propped open from the inside. A child might be able to get through it."

A child... or a cat. There are plenty of cats in the village, it'd be like hiding a tree in a forest!

: "His face looks oddly peaceful, though. Judging by how the feathers are still smooth, there must not have been a struggle. Was he attacked in his sleep?"

Hugo, who are you even talking to?

: "Please bring back some reliable information!"

There are a few ducks we have to talk to in order to continue, and a couple of them are suspiciously far away to have any knowledge on a murder that took place only moments prior.

We'll start with the janitor, though.

: "I was so scared. I didn't go into the room, but I saw my master and that detective kid runnin' in that direction."

A likely story!

: "Did anyone come out of the room after you heard the noise?"

: "No, not a soul. If they did, I'd have seen 'em. From the time I heard the noise until my master went into the room, no one came in or out."

: "That's impossible! The window's too small... The only way out is the door. Are you trying to tell me the murderer disappeared into thin air?"

:colbert: And what if I am, Suspect A?

Next, we'll talk to the duck by the waterwheel.

Hmm, a traveling duck? Plenty of opportunities to make enemies abroad... Is there anyone else here not from the village?

: "You know, I met the guy the night before he died."

: "Really!"

: "We didn't talk much. He just wanted to sell me a strange herb. He said something about the herb being used for a very important ritual in a far away land. It gave me the creeps, so I didn't buy any. I don't know whether it has anything to do with the case, though."

A strange herb... Forget kung-fu master, then. Maybe Jonathan was a drug dealer who decided to try to turn over a new leaf and start a new life, so he stole some of the crop to sell and then ran away from the mafia.

There are mafias in Suikoden, right?

: "Good luck in your investigation. I hope you catch the killer! I feel kind of unsafe living here now."

Hmm... if he was trying to sell something, then maybe the trading post.

: "Well, you know, the day before the murder, I saw an unfamiliar duck acting suspicious here. He was looking at the trade goods and taking notes about them."

: "Taking notes, eh?"

Maybe he was a smuggler.

: "He dropped this when he left. It looks like part of a letter."

Highly suspect! Let's see what Conan Edogawa Kidd has to say about it.

We hand it over, and Kidd grips it tightly, pouring over the note with a very intense glare.

: " 'Ga'? What does it mean? Do you think Mr. Jonathan was planning to do something."

Well, he was definitely up to no good. That's why he's dead.

: "I hear they use herbs for rituals in other countries."

: "Mr. Jonathan was burning an herb to perform an exotic ritual... when a murderer came into his room. He was then killed by having all of his bones broken. The murderer left the room without being seen by us or the janitor."

Kidd walks back and forth, theorizing.

: "Hmmmm....."

GASP.

: "Huh?"

: "Hmmm.... I wonder... No... Ah hah!"

: "What are you saying?"

: "So you know who the murderer is?"

: "Yes, sir, thanks to my excellent assistant. By the way, let me ask my assistant. Who do you think the murderer is?"

Our other choices are the innkeeper, Howard the janitor, or that it was a suicide.

: "Just kidding. Well now, let me explain."

:allears:

Kidd dramatically walks a few steps, before turning back to his audience.

: "All right, all right! Don't be so pretentious! Tell us now! Who is the murderer?"

Our detective walks casually over to the corpse, and leans down.

Zombie!! :supaburn:

: "What the-- Why is everybody here staring at me? Oh! Are you interested in doing yoga with me? I'm just learning, but I love how limber it makes me."

: "Yoga? You mean...?"

: "That's right. It's a method of advanced exercise originating in a faraway land."

: "Then I remembered about that particular herb being used in yoga."

: "You thought I was dead?! I beg your pardon? Of course, I am still a beginner, so I might have looked awkward..."

: "Ha, ha, ha, ha! Let me show you how to do it. Ready?"

: "No, not in a million years!"

: "Yes, the guilty person is whoever declared it a murder case by simply looking at the scene."

HMMM.

: "This is a murder we're dealing with!"

: "A murder?"

Remember when that happened, like 2 minutes ago?

Yeah, me too.

: "You were the one!!!"

: "Why?"

I appreciate how he even manages to dislocate his bill on the way down.

What a sigh.

He takes off his mask again.

Hugo just seems really unimpressed and I love it.

: "So -- where can I go next? Another intriguing case awaits me somewhere. The questions is, where? Any ideas, assistant?"

:
>"You should come to Budehuc Castle. Interesting things happen every day."
>"I don't know."

: "Yes, I know that castle. That might not be such a bad idea! Better than twiddling my thumbs."

: "But don't create an incident just for the sake of it, okay?"

: "What? Do you think I'd make up a case just to get attention? Not my style, sorry. I'm going on ahead of you. Bye!"

:toot:

The addition of Kidd means we can now send him off to investigate people! I think we can do this with anyone regardless of whether or not they were the ones to recruit him, but I'm not entirely sure.

This looks like a good place to call it, so just one more thing before we go.

:stonklol:

Happy Halloween. :haw:

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

yokaiy posted:

Hugo does that anime thing where he literally falls to the floor in surprise/shame/disgust/take your pick.
He's obviously going "Oh god DAMMIT, I'm going to have to recruit him, aren't I?"

quote:

: "Kindness often comes back to you. Even my parents said that he was blessed with good friends in the past. If there is anything I can do, please let me help."

Fun fact: Sanae's parents are Freed and Yoshino Yamamoto from Suikoden 2. Which is immediately obvious to anyone that's played S2, given her appearance, but I figured I'd bring it up anyway in case anyone hasn't played it.

quote:

Jimmy Kudo Kidd kneels down to examine the corpse, and begins to describe the situation.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that caught this incredibly obvious reference subtle shout out.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I remember finding that case hilarious the first time through.

It really loses the magic when you have to go through the motions knowing the outcome. Worth it for Hugo with a bubble pipe, though. Kidd wouldn't look half as good in that outfit.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

I think Guillaume is going through a midlife crisis. Once a run down, dull and lifeless appraiser, Guillaume is now trying to make up lost time in adventure and making trouble. I actually think he's got a great concept. :allears:

At last, our detective! There are actually some neat reports to find. Let's look into Joe's violent military career and learn about his blood soaked past.

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010
Heh, I get the feeling that Hugo is just sending the most rediculous people he can find to Budehec.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

So what do we actually get for sticking creepyman in the support role?

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!

dancingbears posted:

I think Guillaume is going through a midlife crisis. Once a run down, dull and lifeless appraiser, Guillaume is now trying to make up lost time in adventure and making trouble. I actually think he's got a great concept. :allears:

At last, our detective! There are actually some neat reports to find. Let's look into Joe's violent military career and learn about his blood soaked past.

Oh, well when you describe him that way I kind of like him a bit better.

Yeah, I'll be letting you guys suggest who we should investigate -- actually, I guess I can do that now. I'm not entirely sure how Kidd works with the split-party, but if there's anyone specific you guys wanna see, I'll hopefully remember to trek back to Budehuc for it.

I guess Joe'll be first up?

whoda thunkit posted:

Heh, I get the feeling that Hugo is just sending the most rediculous people he can find to Budehec.

It's revenge.

Vil posted:

So what do we actually get for sticking creepyman in the support role?

Guillaume actually has a couple of skills for when he's in your party. He's got (E) Potch Finder, (E) Treasure Hunter, and (A) Appraisal which let us occasionally find potch after battles, items after battles, and auto-appraise our urns and paintings and stuff for free in that order. I believe his appraisal skill is the highest in the game, and we'll be needing it a little later in the chapter for something.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

yokaiy posted:

Yes, he is one of our 108.
The saddest part of this is that we're gonna need him for something pretty soon, and so he'll be going into our party almost immediately.

God drat, the game just wants to troll the hell out of you every single step of the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I was not expecting our detective to be Detective Conan, I'll tell you that much.

• Locked thread