Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Byzantine posted:

I actually cannot recall him ever using a Dragon card that wasn't Blue-Eyes
Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon and XYZ Dragon Cannon. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Endorph posted:

Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon and XYZ Dragon Cannon. :colbert:

Shining is still a Blue-eyes (and in questionable canon)

XYZ is technically a machine monster. So is Y Dragon head.

pyrrhickong
May 17, 2010

The Hell's "beefcake" mean anyway?
He does use Chaos Emperor Dragon in that one tournament arc that no one cared about.

For relevance, I did play the game recently starting with the Kaiba campaign and grinded Moisture Creature to Level 90. As for his stats, Ends up with growths similar to Blue-Eyes, have him in about the low 5000's range if I recall (file has since been deleted for a self-challenge run involving using Dark Plant the entire game). He gains a special that is a self power up for 1000 (that looks incredibly silly), and I'm sitting at Level 90 with 3 AP before bonuses. No additional skill other than Level 5 Magic.

Incidentally, Level 99 Baby Dragon has 3 more AP and about 700 more ATK than Thousand Dragon. Just thought I'd say that because Rabid Horseman is far from the worst fusion.

Anyway, Moisture Creature to Pegasus

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The game did not give you a name for Moisture Creature. No, the translators are just so good they managed to mistranslate "Moisture", despite getting it right on the monster itself. Moischa, seriously? Not only is the creature itself a pain in the rear end to get, the translators gently caress the name up?

Also I don't care who (but it can't be Bonz or Pegasus), but someone must get Moisture Creature. You've suffered too much to let it go to waste.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Kaiba also uses Spear Dragon, different dimension dragon, and thunder dragon.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Blaze Dragon posted:

The game did not give you a name for Moisture Creature. No, the translators are just so good they managed to mistranslate "Moisture", despite getting it right on the monster itself. Moischa, seriously? Not only is the creature itself a pain in the rear end to get, the translators gently caress the name up?

Actually, it makes MORE sense to gently caress it up if QA can't reliably access the text block in question. It'd fly under the radar far more easily, for one thing. For another, we have no idea how FBK stores its text, and "Moischa" is a pretty rough approximation of how the katakana for "Moisture" would read. If someone translating didn't know that "Moisture" was the name of a creature in the game (for instance, if the "<monster> joined the team" text is stored in a different block from the monster dialogue), they might assume it was meant to be a name.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I'm honestly more inclined to believe Moischa is the alien's name, and that humans are just being assholes and calling it Moisture Creature instead. "That's what it said, right?" :v: It would hardly be the first time...

Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012

Gensuki posted:

Kaiba also uses Spear Dragon, different dimension dragon, and thunder dragon.

Thunder dragon is a thunder type and not a dragon type, I'm guessing this is because there aren't nearly enough thunder monsters and they needed to flesh out the numbers. Kaiba seemed to get more dragons as time went on, he really started using them after Battle City.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

He also used Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon at least once, iirc (with a completely different design from the card version).

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I love how Kaiba's assembling a team he doesn't know dick about.

Then again, if that were a criterion, he and Mokuba would probably be alone the whole game.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

But Sebeckal and Necubetos, two of the toughest imperial generals, have held Kaiba at bay by sheer will alone. An irritated Kaiba leads a secondary unit to attack from the sea and hit them with a blitz, breaking the enemy once and for all!

The only notable change here is the Moischa takes up residence in The Silliest Team™, because apparently a dragon that is also a bird is just too mundane for Pegasus.

Somehow this doesn’t surprise me. I mean, Pegasus had literal trapdoors in his island castle.

Well, we can work with that.

That ought to help satisfy the goons raving about theme teams and how many dragons Kaiba actually used.

What?

HA HA HA! Time's up!

Kaiba, you traitorous little bug! I may go down, but I'm taking you with me!

The map might not be new, but we do have a somewhat unique objective in that there are two bosses to take down. Otherwise it's business as usual.

Necubetos is content to hold down the fort, but Sebeckal leads the charge straight to the home base. There's nothing to be gained by taking the center fort aside from supplies, you can't get there fast enough to change any of their paths.

Come on, you cowards! I'll show you how a true warrior faces an enemy!

By charging into their fortified stronghold! With mediocre monsters! And...wait, hang on, something's not right here.

What do you expect from a man who dresses like a samurai? (I’m sure wearing that metal headgear in the navy isn’t a terrible idea at all.)

Hey hey hey that is metal headgear that looks like a crocodile thank you very much. :colbert:

The Kaiyru-Shins aren't particularly dangerous, but they can do some decent damage if he pops Monster Tamer's special. None of them are packing that much HP, so Sebeckal shouldn't pose much of a threat.

The boss experience is nice, though.

The next two fights use this setup and go to Kaiba.

Fiend Kraken's pretty beefy and has a lot of AP, but none of them have much of an offense. Giant Red Seasnake is alright, but it really needs some support to be dangerous.

Can their Kraken even blind enemies yet? If not, this is even less threatening.

Naturally, Kaiba stops 14 experience shy of his next stat-up. :argh:

Does that feel better or worse than ending up on 99 experience in Fire Emblem?

The second wave trades Fiend Kraken for a Spike Seadra, but that's nothing Pegasus can't handle.

You know, for being L1 with no equipment that boosts attack, that's some pretty fuckin' good damage output. But I think we can do better.

Yeah, now we're getting somewhere.

Raigeki: Another of the game’s ‘screw this encounter in particular’ options.

There's a stat-up for Pegasus, and it looks like Moischa is picking up just about 25 points per level. That should put his final stats somewhere in the ballpark of 5200/5300 with 2700 HP or so. Now watch the game make a fool of me.

I take it you’ll have to finish this campaign before you can check. I’d say his stats will end up a bit higher than that though.

With the last of the grunts swatted away, Bonz can move in.

And there they are.

These guys are actually pretty dangerous, although they've got a ways to go before they match Gaia or the Fortress Whale team. Super Stamina makes the Sea King Dragon's 2000 HP last even longer, and all three of them are swinging for 400+ damage a shot.

On the other hand, Bonz.

They deserve that for taking up two appearances of the rare Swift ability.

Just what he needed, even more attacks to paralyze with.

Giant Red Seasnake has joined your army!
Sea King Dragon has joined your army!
Spike Seadra has joined your army!

It should be noted that the same glitch in Face Off can be used here to buff up the Seasnakes and Spike Seadras if you want some extra experience.

Never thought of that, actually. It makes me wonder how much testing was done for this game.

Come and get me! I won't go quietly!

Hahaha oh man, that's a good one Necubetos. So what's your real team? Got a Fortress Whale or something hiding back there?

Oh.

Well alright man, your funeral.

I swear, some people just don't learn.

That selection of monsters was barely any better than the boss of Yugi’s second stage. That’s just sad.

Anyway, that'll do it for this mission. Next time, we have a run in with everyone's favorite googly-eyed scientist!

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

You know what I'm wondering now, do the names on the map actually mean anything or are they just foreign sounding bull someone made up?

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
I personally assumed that whoever named the locations slammed their face into the keyboard for each entry and called it a day.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Beating him with Mokuba? Wow, you didn't show that guy any respect at all.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Beating him with Mokuba? Wow, you didn't show that guy any respect at all.

To be fair, we're long past the point where the game offers any real challenge, so it's not like I have much respect to give it back. There's...one? Two more missions maybe that we won't be able to sleepwalk through, and one of them is the final boss.

xanthan posted:

You know what I'm wondering now, do the names on the map actually mean anything or are they just foreign sounding bull someone made up?

Not in the least. Some intern smashed random keys for a while and we ended up with all our location names.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So last time we got a bunch of aquatic monsters, and your opinion of how water monsters are in this game will more or less depend on if you do Yugi's or Kaiba's campaign first. If you did Yugi first, you were treated to Mako and the best you were really going to get out of that entire campaign was Fortress Whale and Octoberser (the former of which isn't even available until about two-thirds of the way through). Kaiba's campaign gives you this trio well before the halfway point, so not only do they get the chance to establish themselves before you get overrun with monsters, they're actually worth using for the most part.

I think it says something about this game that things you’d really like to have in either campaign are of course located in the other. Mako would have enjoyed having at least one of the monsters we’re looking at today. (And as an alternate example, doing Kaiba’s campaign first would have the player craving Call of the Grave since only shops in Yugi’s campaign sell it.)

As a demonstration of my point, let's look at Giant Red Seasnake. 2 AP isn't great, but you're supposed to get him at a point where your own monsters are probably only hanging around L15-20 (maybe lower if you've been switching team members around), and he starts with over 1000 HP and almost 2000 ATK, and he's the worst of these three guys. We won't be using him, of course, but he makes for a solid mid-game option if you don't have all of Yugi's monsters to fall back on. (2200 HP, 4500/3500, 5 AP, Water, Swift)

At least it looks mildly intimidating (even if its final stats aren’t).

Sea King Dragon is a dragon. I mean, he gets a surprising amount of AP for a dragon (6 naturally), but he's still a dragon. He has good bases, pretty good HP, and low growths, although Super Stamina does help him stand out in comparison to his watery alternatives (2350 HP, 4000/3700, 6 AP, Water, Super Stamina). That said, he gets blown out by the proper dragons (ie Blue-Eyes, Serpent Night Dragon, etc) but we're still a while off from those guys.

Not quite as useful as the Pokemon it resembles, then. (Lapras has a base stat total of 535? That’s not bad for a single-stage...)

Of the three guys here, Spike Seadra not only has the best long-term prospects, but he starts off well with that third AP and similar bases and growths to Giant Red Seasnake. (2100 HP, 4300/4000, 6 AP, Water, Swift) He's also the only one of the trio to get a special attack, but hitting all the enemies for minor damage isn't a much to brag about. Being a dragon also means his offensive options are limited, but he'll do until you can upgrade to bigger, badder monsters.

We’re never going to find out, but I wonder how fast Mako would have gone with this Swift monster as a leader and Navy in effect.

We're really not in a position where we can make use of any of these guys due to how low their levels are (and even if we wanted to, they don't really fit on anyone's team). So welcome to the team guys, the bench is right over there.

Man, it seems like every time we're about to have some dramatic confrontation we always end up either here or Enno. Have at it folks.

Act bosses, game design, etcetera. At least it makes sense in context.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
There's no way the game would stick a monster in the same place as another one in the other campaign. It goes against everything we know about it (that being that the more bullshit, the better).

No monsters.

It really is a shame we don't get to see Mako with these monsters. He might have been via- hahaha no.

Albis09
Apr 30, 2013

Dead yeti-gain
I kinda want these three monsters to find a permanent part in some teams, just to put them all onto Mako if you replay Yugi's campaign...again, but I'd probably be I not worth it.

The Gamedesign is really something in this game. :sigh:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Well to be fair, this is far from the "ideal" way to play this, which is to play through Kaiba's campaign right after Yugi's, as most of the monsters we couldn't get in Yugi's campaign requires monsters not in Yugi's campaign. The way Artix is doing it means that Yugi's campaign will be gone through at least three times.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Senerio posted:

Well to be fair, this is far from the "ideal" way to play this, which is to play through Kaiba's campaign right after Yugi's, as most of the monsters we couldn't get in Yugi's campaign requires monsters not in Yugi's campaign. The way Artix is doing it means that Yugi's campaign will be gone through at least three times.

You need three Yugis no matter when you do them - once to get the Dark Magician, once to get King of Yamimakai/Reaper of the Cards, and an optional third time to get Dark Magician back if you Black Luster Ritual'd him - and at least one of the playthroughs has to be after Kaiba's campaign. The LP was going to require at least two no matter how you slice it and it was as good of a way as any to show off New Game+.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

GeneralYeti posted:

There's no way the game would stick a monster in the same place as another one in the other campaign. It goes against everything we know about it (that being that the more bullshit, the better).

No monsters.

It really is a shame we don't get to see Mako with these monsters. He might have been via- hahaha no.

I'll see your wager, and counter with All Monsters. There is no spot on the map that is not occupied by monsters. This land is a terrifying place.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Artix posted:

You need three Yugis no matter when you do them - once to get the Dark Magician, once to get King of Yamimakai/Reaper of the Cards, and an optional third time to get Dark Magician back if you Black Luster Ritual'd him - and at least one of the playthroughs has to be after Kaiba's campaign. The LP was going to require at least two no matter how you slice it and it was as good of a way as any to show off New Game+.

I legitimately forgot about the King of Yamimakai and Dark Magician being mutually exclusive. Shows how much I can remember about this game.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
One monster in the middle of the lake.

Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012

Harold Birdman, General at War.

So are there 14 missions left in Kaiba's campaign (there been 22 missions in Yugi's campaign and we've been through eight missions already)? If the safari post is correct there are eight missions with no monsters, that seems like a lot.

I guess I'll go with no monsters.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Blue Ghost posted:

Harold Birdman, General at War.

So are there 14 missions left in Kaiba's campaign (there been 22 missions in Yugi's campaign and we've been through eight missions already)? If the safari post is correct there are eight missions with no monsters, that seems like a lot.

I guess I'll go with no monsters.

I wanna say there are one or two fewer missions in Kaiba's story because Kaiba has no friends to get mind controlled?

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

GeneralYeti posted:

Gonna guess that the developers had to get lazy at least once and there's a monster in the same spot from Yugi's campaign.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So as it turns out Bravely Default is a 50 hour game, and having Lightning Returns and DKC: Tropical Freeze right behind it doesn't help anything. That said, I'm going to try and get the next update recorded tomorrow, but no promises. It'll definitely be done over the weekend.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Bravely Default is very addictive. I don't blame you in the slightest.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Those generals do have the most ridiculous helmets on them. I guess when you play children's card games to fight your battles peripheral vision isn't as much of a concern.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
This is what I do instead of editing the recording.

Way to go, Project64. Truly the finest piece of software.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
:rolleyes:

You know, after working with Artix... I really don't feel bad about that two-week break I took during my LP any more. :cheeky:

Go read it while you're waiting or something, I don't know. The update might be done by the time you're finished. If not, some of the Fire Emblem LPs also just got archived.

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Feb 23, 2014

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

It soon had control over all of the north, and was steadily making its way to Enno Fortress.

To avoid mixing with the northern resistance, Kaiba returns to his base in the east to attack Nonnber Castle, where Emperor Haysheen stands against him. Though old, Haysheen is no pushover and proves to be more trouble than Kaiba anticipated...

You shameless traitor! I'm going to make sure the entire Empire knows you for the worm you are!

Hmph. This, from the man that sentenced me to death over trumped up charges? Please. I want you out of my way once and for all. Let's put an end to this!

I may be old, but I can still silence an insolent squirt like you! Come on, let's see what you've got!

Nothing special about this one, it's just us, Haysheen, and five castles to conquer along the way.

Nonnber is a bit of a nasty place, since it's usually reserved for dramatic confrontations, but the only real surprise it has for us this time are these anti-air cannons. In a way, it's rather disappointing - the fight against Haysheen in Yugi's campaign is much more difficult.

At least we’re still getting attacked right out of the gate.

At any rate, we have three incoming, so let's get to work.

Looks like one of Weevil’s underlings wandered off to join the empire’s forces.

Big Insect has Blue Medicine, making him even more of a pain in the rear end to bring down than normal.

That said, none of them have much an offense to speak of, so it's smooth sailing even with his healing.

This one is a little nastier, as we've seen what Pumpking and Dragon Zombie can do. Even Zanki is potentially worth something due to Castle Adept, albeit not as dangerous as a proper Armored Zombie would have been.

Still, the AI is not quite as well equipped as Artix’s teams, in more ways than one.

No, no, please, I insist. Bickuribox could definitely use another 500 ATK.

Case in point.

It doesn't take long for things to go downhill after that.

In retrospect, Rex was not the guy to go with in this fight.

Axe Raider aside, the enemy is packing a lot of AP and Rex doesn't exactly have many tricks up his sleeve. This is a problem, because Axe Raider has Red Medicine and Rogue Doll/Ansatsu have Blue, which means we need to go straight from ~50% to dead or they're going to heal up.

I’ll admit, this is one of the more competent AI-controlled teams out there. Letting them wear themselves out before attacking certainly isn’t a terrible idea.

Fortunately, Rex's one trick is an effective one. Now the question is whether or not we can bring down the whole team with his relatively anemic offense.

The answer was "no", for the record. (Red Eyes got a crit that saved an attack killing Axe Raider, and every single one of the attacks hit.)

Two thirds of the team are dragons. This is hardly surprising.

Shyi-Hagou's anti-air cannons would be far more dangerous if anyone actually had a flying team, but Labyrinth Ruler is free to waltz in unscathed.

Well, Rex does… but he’s already had his fun for today.

Bonz is the first to arrive at the fort immediately to our left. It's the exact same team Rex fought, but Bonz is far more capable of shutting down the medicine strategy.

Man, it's so quaint to see our "rewards" for liberating towns. Sure, I'll take your 300 gold and throw it on my pile of 20,000 or so.

So many games have this problem. After a while, there’s simply nothing to spend your money on. I’ve only ever seen one game handle the issue with any real degree of success, and that was by not having gold at all; it used a barter-based economy.

Silver Fang and Beaver Warrior both have Blue Medicine, but that doesn't matter against Labyrinth Ruler's team with Shock Shells.

And you know what, why the hell not, let's have some fun with Valkyrion.

I still really like Valkyrion and his goofy design. There’s a reason most combining mechs magically change colours.

Meanwhile, Kaiba and Bonz have set off for Castle Right-Arm and Left-Arm and Kaiba arrives first. There's absolutely nothing special about these guys, so just imagine them being hit by Labyrinth Tank seven times.

It was close enough to what actually happened, I promise.

Now these guys are pretty nasty.

Dragon Seeker has some drat impressive growths, and the Reaper has Red Medicine.

They may be castle-boosted, but those certainly are some pretty solid stats for its level. (Looks like a superhero though.)

One more hit, put him away so we can go back to indiscriminately slaughtering the rest of the team.

You can't even move :shepface:

Way to go Bonz you have the best team with the smartest monsters.

Two out of three might have rotting brains. I’m not sure what Snake Hair’s excuse is.

Grrr! You're nothing but a pack of traitorous thugs! How dare you defy me! Today I'm judge, jury, and executioner!

It is nice that Haysheen gets a slightly updated quote for Kaiba's campaign. I think Yugi's is something about uppity rebels or something.

As before, the only really notable thing about Haysheen is that he has Red Medicine on his Axe Raider. Fanaticism can catch you by surprise, but Zanki is really the only one who can make really good use of the boost and he has such pitiful HP that he's a non-factor.

Anyway, let's not even pretend this was going to end any other way.

No! Retreat! Retreat!

Haysheen! Get him! Don't let him escape!

Curse you, Kaiba... My army... My empire...!

You needn't worry about that, your majesty.

And the rest of this scene is the same as last time, so let's jump ahead a tiny bit.

Seto! We're being attacked from behind!

What?

Nooo! What a mistake! We were too focused on the offensive and left our rear unguarded!

Ha ha ha! Sorry to surprise you all!

How utterly simplistic of you to leave your backside so completely unprotected like that.

You! You used to work in R&D at Kaiba Corporation... Scott! Scott Irvine!

I'm pleased you remember, Kaiba. I did enjoy working for you then. How's your Duel Disk selling? Quite the technological marvel if you ask me, but then again, I made it.

Hmph. I lost track of you after Battle City. What are you plotting?

I could try to explain, but being the heartless, ruthless business man you are, you'd never understand. Besides, all this talk is wasted energy. Don't you think it's about time you started planning your escape? While you're wasting time with your silly questions, my forces are cutting off your possible escape routes.

You're so simple-minded, Kaiba. For a self-proclaimed master duelist, you've done nothing but disappoint me so far.

Kaiba! We should escape now while we still can!

Argh... You may have won this round, Scott, but watch out!

Have I mentioned that I love the writing on Kaiba's route? Because I really, really do. :allears:

Now that we finally know his last name, SIC’s meaning is much easier to figure out. Oh, and that bit about working at Kaiba Corp? That’s no joke. Scott was there when Kaiba was testing out Obelisk against his Duel Computer.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
...I guess he dyed his hair. Oh, and the crazy-eyes of course. The guy in the anime looks respectable.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well, seeing a God Card in action would likely drive a person crazy.

Especially since the cards could apparently murder people.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
So Scott was an actual (really minor) character? That feels kind of weird to know that about him cause I thought some of the other games made their villains from scratch.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Level Seven posted:

So Scott was an actual (really minor) character? That feels kind of weird to know that about him cause I thought some of the other games made their villains from scratch.

To be fair, he wasn't named during that Obelisk-testing scene. It may be a case of him being an Ascended Extra (because how could you waste that character design).

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, Scott, you have the weirdest contract-negotiation strategies.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yapping Eevee posted:

To be fair, he wasn't named during that Obelisk-testing scene. It may be a case of him being an Ascended Extra (because how could you waste that character design).
Japanese Air Date for that episode:

May 8, 2001.

Japanese Release Date for this game:

December 5, 2002.

Considering how slapdash this game can be at times, a bit over a year and a half seems like a reasonable development schedule for it. It's possible the character was put in the scene as a nod to the in-development game.

All this said, a much more interesting villain would have been a disgruntled dude who used to make lovely tie-in games for Duel Monsters. KaibaCorp's gotta have a few dozen of those.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 27, 2014

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

So like Yugi before us, we're kind of in a bad spot after Scott's ambush. Pegasus and Mokuba are forced, and we can only bring one other marshal to back us up. This is a bit of a problem because...

There are a ton of enemies on this map. Almost all of them are set to come right for us, and we don't win until we take the enemy stronghold. Choose wisely goons, we're in this one for the long haul.

To avoid cluttering up the thread with white noise posts, vote for your choice of marshal here. Safari posts can continue here as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
No monsters.

• Locked thread