Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
https://unofficialrss.com/ should help.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Devorum posted:

Decided to give Stitcher Premium a try (used Stitcher like 7 years ago, but have been using Pocket Casts since) so I could listen to old HDTGM episodes.

Upgraded my account on the website, then I installed the app. Got an ad as soon as I signed in, and then realized the app isn't recognizing the Premium account. I spent four of my seven day trial arguing with support about it until they finally just made the app talk to the website.

Fine, now I have premium. I can listen ad free. So I go looking through podcasts and discover the app is absolute garbage. How did they manage to make it so much worse than it used to be? It's like they took everything bad from the HOWL app and crammed it into Stitcher.

Okay, fine, whatever...I'll use get the RSS feeds and load them into Pocket Casts. Oh, what's this? They don't support RSS feeds? Awesome. Great news.

What the gently caress is wrong with this company? What the hell happened to Earwolf?

The app is a blight. There are two different unofficial RSS feeds out there so you should try one of those instead:

https://unofficialfeeds.com/

https://unofficialrss.com/

(Although apparently Stitcher has done things to newer accounts/accounts that have recently renewed that may cause problems with the unofficial feeds? Welp)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Devorum posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with this company? What the hell happened to Earwolf?

Well, they got bought by a company, who I think has been bought by a company, all bankrolled by venture capital.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was having the thing too after the update where it wasn't recognising my premium account but clicking 'restore purchases' in the account settings fixed it

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i don't know how the podcasts work, i just listen to em. is there a way for me to quickly download every back episode of cbb, hollywood handbook, hdtgm, etc from stitcher premium so that i can cut down on my reasons to give them money

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

cams posted:

i don't know how the podcasts work, i just listen to em. is there a way for me to quickly download every back episode of cbb, hollywood handbook, hdtgm, etc from stitcher premium so that i can cut down on my reasons to give them money

Yes, grab the unofficial feed URLs from the above sites, download a program called gPodder, add the feeds to it, and mess around with the settings so that it downloads all episodes (by default I think it only does the last 100).

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hi netflix here

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Things I forgot about Reality Show Show:

- How many call-in episodes they did
- How many actual reality show contestants they had as guests

"That's right, go; go back to high school, little boy..."

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 19, 2020

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

HH Pro Version: Tanks But No Tanks plz

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
can’t believe how good sean’s cover of fake plastic trees was

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I loved Cats as a musical in a movie theatwr, but didn't like it as a movie. So I can see where Jason and June are coming from.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

RandomPauI posted:

I loved Cats as a musical in a movie theatwr, but didn't like it as a movie. So I can see where Jason and June are coming from.

Oh what the hell, they made a Cats episode almost a year after anyone cared about the movie? What did they say about it? Feels like well-trodden ground at this point.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

piratepilates posted:

Oh what the hell, they made a Cats episode almost a year after anyone cared about the movie? What did they say about it? Feels like well-trodden ground at this point.

"It literally makes NO sense!"*

* I'm guessing

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
"Guys ... WHAT is going on?!?"

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

piratepilates posted:

WTF! They made a Sleepaway Camp episode 30 years after it came out?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Ape of Naples posted:

WTF! They made a Sleepaway Camp episode 30 years after it came out?

And what an episode it was. If you've ever seen the movie, it's hilarious as they try to work out something you kinda gloss over in the first 5 minutes, then come to insane conclusions, and by the end of it you question everything you thought about with regards to the characters relationships to eachother, even though you were probably right in the first place. Probably. Insane movie, insane episode.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Yeah, I know people like to poo poo on HDTGM but Sleepaway Camp is one of their best episodes. The mix of craziness of the episode and it still being early in the show's run when they're at their peak.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chairman Capone posted:

Yeah, I know people like to poo poo on HDTGM but Sleepaway Camp is one of their best episodes. The mix of craziness of the episode and it still being early in the show's run when they're at their peak.

It's a good ep.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I've recently started listening to Hey Riddle Riddle. This Jake and Amir episode makes me appreciate the improv bits a lot more, because both of these guys are really bad at improv.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I subscribed to the Aunty Donna podcast like two years ago and I think only ever listened to a handful because it's not great, but I just saw that Tawny Newsome is on the latest one so I'ma listen

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The Peccadillo posted:

I subscribed to the Aunty Donna podcast like two years ago and I think only ever listened to a handful because it's not great, but I just saw that Tawny Newsome is on the latest one so I'ma listen

The HH episode was interesting, because it was almost immediately more wacky than the boys ever go, but I felt like they had a lot of fun playing off that energy. I watched the first episode of their show and it's not bad. About every third bit landed for me, but there's such a high volume of goofs that it ends up feeling like a worthwhile time. It reminds me of early Britanick with a pinch of Don't Hug Me I'm Scared.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I watched two episodes of the Aunty Donna show. It made me laugh a bunch of times but also felt a bit too tryhard lolrandom. Probably won't watch the rest.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
It's really good. The ellen sketch is just perfect. The show can be a bit zany, but it worked for me.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

It’s not quite as good as their live or YouTube stuff I reckon, but still good stuff.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

None of my unofficial stitcher RSS's updated this morning. Is there something going on that I don't know?

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

ArtVandelay posted:

None of my unofficial stitcher RSS's updated this morning. Is there something going on that I don't know?

Same on my end (except Gino’s show for some reason).

The Unofficial feeds said people who updated their account can’t download but I didn’t update or change anything.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm shocked that they've allowed the unofficial feeds this long. Your data is their bread and butter, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were finally reigning it in. I feel like I've only heard hosts being aware of the unofficial feeds in the past month or two, so maybe they were getting a bit too big for Stitcher's liking.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ArtVandelay posted:

I saw someone else say CBB wasn’t up for them, but it did come down originally along with Bonanza for me right when they came out, but once again CBB wasn’t ad-free so maybe it got pulled.

This is in the app not the feeds though.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 23, 2020

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

CBB and Bonanas just got pushed via the RSS feed

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Don't know if people are aware, but Gabrus is his High & Mighty pre-Thanksgiving power hour tomorrow on livestream at 9pm EST. Tickets are $10: https://onlocationlive.com/highandmighty

Guests:
Betsy Sodaro
Mano Agapion
Nicole Byer
Mike Mitchell
Nick Wiger

Banger of a lineup.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

drainpipe posted:

Don't know if people are aware, but Gabrus is his High & Mighty pre-Thanksgiving power hour tomorrow on livestream at 9pm EST. Tickets are $10: https://onlocationlive.com/highandmighty

Guests:
Betsy Sodaro
Mano Agapion
Nicole Byer
Mike Mitchell
Nick Wiger

Banger of a lineup.

I'll be watching and drinking along.

I highly recommend listening to other power hour episodes in the High & Mighty feed. They're all good.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Man, Hollywood handbook and seem to get longer and longer and longer, it’s now obnoxious to even skip past them in 30 second chunks. They used to be about a minute or half each and we’re new every time, I guess I just ran out of juice.

Aunty Donna is referential forwards and backwards across 22 minute episodes, it’s worth watching all of them. And the last one had an amazing pay off for the rest of the show. Not everything works but the “go from whimsical to yelling at each other really angrily“ made me laugh every time.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Dec 1, 2020

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

Golden Bee posted:

Aunty Donna is referential unlimited Waze

:confused:

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Waze is a GPS navigation software app owned by Google.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Waze is a GPS navigation software app owned by Google.

its a bds product as well

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

drainpipe posted:

Guests:
Betsy Sodaro
Mano Agapion
Nicole Byer
Mike Mitchell
Nick Wiger

Banger of a lineup.

This is starting now!!!!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

piratepilates posted:

This is starting now!!!!

47 shots in, mitch is talking about his upcoming surgery for non-cancerous lumps in his stomach

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Wiger is not holding up well :(

edit: I want to un-see Gabrus' butt, I want to un-see it very much so.

piratepilates fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Nov 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

now we're in the onlyfans section of the night