Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:lol:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
When life shits on you, make fertiliser.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Nice username/post combo

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Slimy Hog posted:

Nice username/post combo

Thanks bud, same to you!

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

...and goons are the ones to find an orgasm to have legitimate grievance against.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Randaconda posted:

Snakes are just the most successful legless lizards to have evolved, it's happened something like a dozen or so times.

Legless lizards and snakes are two completely different things.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alhazred posted:

Legless lizards and snakes are two completely different things.

nah, cladistically, snakes are legless lizards, just like the various other lizards which evolved leglessness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cladistics

So lizards are paraphyletic without the inclusion of snakes, and thus are unscientific. :science:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Randaconda posted:

nah, cladistically, snakes are legless lizards, just like the various other lizards which evolved leglessness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cladistics

So lizards are paraphyletic without the inclusion of snakes, and thus are unscientific. :science:

But snakes and legless lizards does not have a common ancestor:
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/new-fossil-severs-snakes-from-legless-lizard-line/
They evolved separately.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Alhazred posted:

This statement is categorically false.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Snakes are just lizards who evolved to combat the lizard leg eating monkey.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alhazred posted:

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/new-fossil-severs-snakes-from-legless-lizard-line/
They evolved separately.

I never said they did? In fact, I said it had arose multiple times in Squamata

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Alhazred posted:

They evolved separately.

They just say that snakes are more closely related to monitors than legless lizards.

Did you even read the article?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
https://twitter.com/JucikaDaily/status/1201531472869576704

THE WATER'S GETTIN' WARM SO YOU MIGHT AS WELL SWIM

These comics are way too horny, but they make up for it by being mostly cute and a product of their time.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Yeah, in the year of 2019 nobody would draw a comic with a sexy woman in it. Glad we've moved on past this filth.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I love comic books.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Where can I find these two storylines?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

No idea, they were just random posts on imgur.

E: in the comments they say it’s iron man versus Mr. Sensitive. The girl is Qwenpool.

Cartoon Man has a new favorite as of 03:11 on Dec 4, 2019

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Slimy Hog posted:

I'm like 99% sure the first one is a Gwenpool comic, but I couldn't tell you which one (if there are even multiple issues).

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
This is Gwenpool, I think the end of The Unbelievable Gwenpool?

X-Statix #24 according to some googling.

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006
Hazardous in small doses.

Slimy Hog posted:

The second one is X-Statix (2002); the avengers crossover was issues 21-24 specifically.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Yeah, the "The End" one from The Unbelievable Gwenpool, by Dr. McNinja author Chris Hastings. It's very good.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Gwenpool only had like a 15 issue run. And it's all worth reading.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

X-Statix started off in X-Force #116 (collected as X-Force New Beginnings) if anyone was interested in reading from the beginning. The idea is that it is a superhero team and a reality show, so when members are chosen more for marketability and the drama they can create on camera they tend to die pretty quickly on missions. So the comic has a fairly high turnover rate in characters.

Also the comic had some controversy when they planned on doing a story arc involving a character that was going to be Princess Diana back from the dead. They ended up retooling it so that the character was just similar to her but not actually her.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
My favorite thing about Gwenpool was every now and again a goon would be turbo offended that it was ripping off Dr. McNinja's style of humor and such pretty blatantly. Until somebody would be all like "you do realize they literally hired the guy that made Dr. McNinja to work on that, right?" Of course there's similarities. They hired Chris Hastings and were like "that, do more of that."

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gwenpool was really good, shockingly

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Randaconda posted:

Gwenpool was really good, shockingly

I know. I would never believe a goon could make a good comic

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

RFC2324 posted:

Atomic Robo is great you poo poo your mouth

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Len posted:

Atomic Robo is great you poo poo your mouth

Hell, if we're stanning brian clevinger I'll go on record as saying: so was 8-bit theatre.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Arrhythmia posted:

Hell, if we're stanning brian clevinger I'll go on record as saying: so was 8-bit theatre.

I am actually re-reading this right now

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Arrhythmia posted:

8-bit Theater was legit hilarious. Atomic Robo was good for a while but it's clear they ran out of ideas. How I Killed Your Master and The Dreadful could have been good ideas but the first just kind of ended and the latter...I don't even know what the gently caress.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Brian Clevinger's greatest work is Warbot in Accounting.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Len posted:

you poo poo your mouth

Stealing this as my new angry rebuttal

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

RFC2324 posted:

Abbadon, who does Kill Six Billion Demons (and two entirely different pen and paper RPGs) has an account as Operant, he posts once in a blue moon

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Brian Clevinger was friends with Tim Buckley and defended him as a person.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
8-bit theatre was terrible and was the reason I stopped reading web comics all together

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Phy posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons

Oh man, I'd forgotten about this for a while but now I'm kinda sad because it's fallen into the same trap as every serialized webcomic I've gotten into. I really liked catching up, but completely lost track of it because I don't enjoy keeping up one update at a time. I can pin down where I stopped almost half a year ago since I posted about it here, but now I have only the faintest recollection of what's even going on in that arc so I'm pretty much lost :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh man, I'd forgotten about this for a while but now I'm kinda sad because it's fallen into the same trap as every serialized webcomic I've gotten into. I really liked catching up, but completely lost track of it because I don't enjoy keeping up one update at a time. I can pin down where I stopped almost half a year ago since I posted about it here, but now I have only the faintest recollection of what's even going on in that arc so I'm pretty much lost :sigh:

Same.

Anyone have any recommendations for completed webcomics that are worth reading?