Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Schweinhund posted:

Your only must keep guys on that list are Hamels and Springer IMO. Can you post the rest of your team? The players you listed there do not make for a good team at all. Your highest ranked player is AGonz and he is a 4th rounder. Do you have anyone ranked higher and what is their price? And can you keep players indefinitely with no inflation?

Yeah, AGon is my highest ranked player. I'm phone posting so I'm not going to post the rest of my team, but everyone else I have are just filler players I picked up after having a trade deadline fire sale, and they're not even worth mentioning. I didn't think AGon had fallen off so much that he isn't worth $30 but I don't pay much attention to the NL so I'll take your word for it. I agree with you that my only must keep guys are Hamels and Springer, so I was considering seeing who I can trade for or just keep my cheapest guys with upside and use the extra auction money to draft around them. The worst thing is that I'm terrible at auction drafts and I really need to draft smart this year so I don't make the same mistake I did the last two years and screw myself over,

Usually we just keep players for one year at the same salary and then they become a free agent after, but we have the option to sign them to a contract for longer with $5/year inflation.

Thanks for the input!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am a Fantasy Baseball Free Agent this year, unless that dude comes back to re-start his league. I am an active player, and I am just looking for a fun league with like-minded players.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Twin Cinema posted:

I am a Fantasy Baseball Free Agent this year, unless that dude comes back to re-start his league. I am an active player, and I am just looking for a fun league with like-minded players.

My friend is probably going to start a roto auction league. Also, you could maybe get into Nuclear if people don't renew.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Michael Corleone posted:

My friend is probably going to start a roto auction league. Also, you could maybe get into Nuclear if people don't renew.
I (along with a non-goon friend) am interested in an auction roto league, though we have a strong preference for avoiding pitcher wins, and OBP or OPS instead of/in addition to AVG.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

bawfuls posted:

I (along with a non-goon friend) am interested in an auction roto league, though we have a strong preference for avoiding pitcher wins, and OBP or OPS instead of/in addition to AVG.

Well it is a new league, so I can mention that. I don't care, I just like Roto Auction format.

Yeah, OBP will be on for sure, AVG will be on. Wins are ok, but we can see.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Michael Corleone posted:

I am giving up my spot in Nuclear this season so he can grab mine if he wants. I love the league but need to drop some. My team is Reggie Hammond.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Do you guys know of a resource to teach me how to come up with auction values for roto?
I'd like to come up with values and tiers for my (slightly adjusted steamer) projections in my weird category league...

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

ChiTownEddie posted:

Do you guys know of a resource to teach me how to come up with auction values for roto?
I'd like to come up with values and tiers for my (slightly adjusted steamer) projections in my weird category league...

If you're not opposed to spending $8, this book has several chapters on doing just that, as well as some other good tips. Creating your own values is more complicated than you think, and there are several different methods. However, if you already have custom projections you want to use you've already got the most tedious part done.

http://www.amazon.com/Winning-Fanta...antasy+baseball

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Don't play in weird category leagues. It makes 99% of fantasy media worthless to you and what is the fun in that.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

JackssWastedLife posted:

If you're not opposed to spending $8, this book has several chapters on doing just that, as well as some other good tips. Creating your own values is more complicated than you think, and there are several different methods. However, if you already have custom projections you want to use you've already got the most tedious part done.

http://www.amazon.com/Winning-Fanta...antasy+baseball

Cool. I'll definitely check it out. Thanks!

euphronius posted:

Don't play in weird category leagues. It makes 99% of fantasy media worthless to you and what is the fun in that.

I am confused, what is the fun in just following fantasy media?! :)

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

jabro posted:

I am giving up my spot in Nuclear this season so he can grab mine if he wants. I love the league but need to drop some. My team is Reggie Hammond.

I like roto auction, so I can take this if it's not an issue.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

ChiTownEddie posted:

http://www.draftbuddy.com/baseball/lastplayerpicked/

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Well this seems awesome. Thanks.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

:catstare:
Wow, thanks! :aaa:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

:dogbutton:

Thank you, friend.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

I am in one that has Complete Games and Shutouts as categories. I start praying for rain if my pitcher has a shutout going into the 6th.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Thanks so much, totally forgot about this. All the fantasy baseball stuff at that site looks like it's free, too.

For the couple of other ottoneu points players, I tried to do ottoneu values with their points system and it shot out a $70 valuation on Trout based on Steamer's projections which isn't that crazy considering most valuations on the best ottneu players are in the high 60's. But use at your own risk, I guess. They don't let you include HBP for pitchers but HBP for pitchers has a relatively poor year-to-year correlation so I'm not even sure how much that would affect things because you could get a poor estimate for a guy and it would lead you astray.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 19, 2015

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

spanky69 posted:

I am in one that has Complete Games and Shutouts as categories. I start praying for rain if my pitcher has a shutout going into the 6th.

I played in a roto league that kept CG as a stat, and it was awful. It made the gap between me and second place closer than it needed to be, and I ended up winning by .5 of a point, only because Dillon loving Gee put up a CG in a shortened game a week before the season ended, and Cliff Lee had a CG in his last start.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'm thinking of running a goon money league this year, and there seems to already be some interest ITT. What's the best way to handle the money though? Paypal? Can you do it through ESPN/Yahoo?

I'd also join a money league if someone else started one. Looking for non-keeper.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

The Pussy Boss posted:

I'm thinking of running a goon money league this year, and there seems to already be some interest ITT. What's the best way to handle the money though? Paypal? Can you do it through ESPN/Yahoo?

I'd also join a money league if someone else started one. Looking for non-keeper.

Empty promises and being owed money is generally the course.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

The Pussy Boss posted:

I'm not sure if it's setup for baseball but ESPN fantasy football used Tilt which is a linked site that everybody pays into. That way none of the money goes to a person who has to keep track of things.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I WILL NOT PLAY IN ANY LEAGUES THIS YEAR AND WILL BE OFFICIAL GOON BOOKIE.

I will hold all league monies and keep track of everything for a small cut, promise you guys will get paid in September, OK?!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is my first year trying to do a money league. I will resist the temptation to become corrupted by the lure of :10bux: and my league will be synonymous with clean whistles!

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Feb 22, 2015

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I want to do one. That and the Nuclear League. Probably Yahoo I guess.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I've got my first real draft of the season tonight in a little over 6 hours. :neckbeard:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I've got my first real draft of the season tonight in a little over 6 hours. :neckbeard:

Jealous. Getting too itchy to get in there and draft doomed me last year. I had 9 teams :gonk:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Spoeank posted:

Jealous. Getting too itchy to get in there and draft doomed me last year. I had 9 teams :gonk:

Yeesh, that is way too many. I'm maxing out at 3 this year. I like to do one at the start of spring training before the rankings adjust and as you say, to scratch the itch.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
You guys know you can do mock drafts, right?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Monday_ posted:

You guys know you can do mock drafts, right?

Well duh. I've been doing mocks since like the second week of January. But I still like drafting 1 league early so you can still get some bargains before spring hype leads to inflated rankings.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 22, 2015

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I do at least a mock draft a day on FantasyPros and one probably every second or third day against real people. They don't scratch the itch because you don't have a real roster of players at the end. It just sort of dissolves into the ether.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Well.... that was.... interesting.

I went kind of offense heavy, pitching went early and often, and I waited too long on pitching, so my staff isn't great.

C: Wilson Ramos
1B: Todd Frazier
2B: Kolten Wong
3B: Kyle Seager
SS: Troy Tulowitzki
OF: Giancarlo Stanton
OF: Ryan Braun
OF: Carlos Gonzalez
UTIL: Chris Davis
UTIL: Rusney Castillo
BN: Justin Morneau
BN: Oswaldo Arcia

SP: Tyson Ross, Carlos Carrasco, Lance Lynn, Jose Quintana, Jose Fernandez, Carlos Martinez, Kevin Gausman, RA Dickey

RP: Dellin Betances, Steve Cishek, Wade Davis

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

How many teams is that?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Spoeank posted:

How many teams is that?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

You're right the pitching's a little weak, but I dig the OF. Frazier at first isn't ideal roster construction but between him, Seager and Chris Davis, you should be able to flip one for a 1B upgrade once the season gets going.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Spoeank posted:

You're right the pitching's a little weak, but I dig the OF. Frazier at first isn't ideal roster construction but between him, Seager and Chris Davis, you should be able to flip one for a 1B upgrade once the season gets going.

Yeah I kinda got screwed at 1st base... A-Gon got taken 13th overall, Prince around 25th.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

speaking of 1b, what's the deal with steve pearce? did he luck into some power last year or did he figure things out?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Well.... that was.... interesting.

I went kind of offense heavy, pitching went early and often, and I waited too long on pitching, so my staff isn't great.

C: Wilson Ramos
1B: Todd Frazier
2B: Kolten Wong
3B: Kyle Seager
SS: Troy Tulowitzki
OF: Giancarlo Stanton
OF: Ryan Braun
OF: Carlos Gonzalez
UTIL: Chris Davis
UTIL: Rusney Castillo
BN: Justin Morneau
BN: Oswaldo Arcia

SP: Tyson Ross, Carlos Carrasco, Lance Lynn, Jose Quintana, Jose Fernandez, Carlos Martinez, Kevin Gausman, RA Dickey

RP: Dellin Betances, Steve Cishek, Wade Davis

enjoy the first week because that's the only time you're going to have all of those guys in the starting lineup together.

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
I did a Yahoo Fantasy League with goons I think 2 years ago, was really fun. I'd love in to another league this year, if anyone has any spots open? PM me or e-mail me at derekw741 at gmail.
Thanks!

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

IcePhoenix posted:

enjoy the first week because that's the only time you're going to have all of those guys in the starting lineup together.

Yeah, I love this team on paper but a lot of recent injury history for these guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah, a lot of risk, but that's just how I roll. :snoop:

• Locked thread