Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Mulaney Power Move posted:

this is the scene where han dies but lucas brings him back so he can spend the next movie goofing off in front of a bunker door while teddy bears beat up storm troopers with sticks

hey.

it also sets up an unrelated heist sequence that is like a third o the next movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
lando is the guy that lets people land

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

karmicknight posted:

I think the idea is that cloud city leaks whatever the breathing deal is.

I'm a regular cloud city if you know what I am saying

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I do like Lando activating his cyborg buddy with his wristwatch.

Eat My Fuc posted:

wtf his dad is dark vader?

not yet.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

wtf his dad is dark vader?

bruh! spoilers

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

star wars is just a straight line that goes up and down

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Shard posted:

So this is a terraformed gas giant? loving Luke just out and about later and everyone else walking around breathing no problem.

Then again we don't know that the characters in star wars actually breath O2 I guess.

The upper layers of the atmosphere are mostly nitrogen and O2 and the lower layers are rich with blaster makin gases which the long rear end stalks down into the clouds siphon into the refinery facilities in the lower decks. It was in some book. Basically it DOES have a super dense gas giant atmosphere but the stratosphere is Earthlike

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

karmicknight posted:

hey.

it also sets up an unrelated heist sequence that is like a third o the next movie.

That's the best part of the third movie except for the entire throne room scene. I wish I could find an edit of the throne room scene that was not cut between much worse scenes.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I love when people quote wookiepedia or their own hosed up knowledge remembering star wars poo poo in the thread this is unironic.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shinjobi posted:

I'm a regular cloud city if you know what I am saying

Full disclosure I don't know what I am saying

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

If the carbon freezing was used to transport the gas into a solid for transportation, a facility that big that only produces one six foot bar seems kind of inefficient. You'd think something like a conveyor system would be more effective.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

karmicknight posted:

I love when people quote wookiepedia or their own hosed up knowledge remembering star wars poo poo in the thread this is unironic.

lmao I spent all my formative years reading this stuff and I will gladly spew it to a welcoming audience

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
also i am pro-Teddy bear viet cong

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

But you are not a jedi yet is such a great line

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cage Kicker posted:

lmao I spent all my formative years reading this stuff and I will gladly spew it to a welcoming audience

hell :yeah:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
It's a shame that Star Wars ended after the second in-theaters movie and they never made any more.

But at least we have the original trilogy -- Star Wars, Star Wars: The Holiday Special and The Empire Strikes Back.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I should bug drone about his yuuzhan vong game this weekend.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cage Kicker posted:

favorite guilty pleasure star wars novel: go

planet of twilight, fully knowing it was loving crap

I am not guilty about loving the rogue squadron series, including wraith squadron and i, jedi

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

delfin posted:

It's a shame that Star Wars ended after the second in-theaters movie and they never made any more.

But at least we have the original trilogy -- Star Wars, Star Wars: The Holiday Special and The Empire Strikes Back.

one casualty of the pandemic for me is the regular watch party of the Holiday Special and then whatever weird poo poo we watch (one year is was just 9/11 news footage) with some college buddies of mine.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Yes please more dumb Star Wars poo poo I still need to listen to the latter half of that audio drama that came out before KOTOR and has the Star Forge in it and stuff

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

rotinaj posted:

I am not guilty about loving the rogue squadron series, including wraith squadron and i, jedi

I, Jedi is my guilty pleasure star wars novel because I feel no such guilt about traitor and the good x-wing novels.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5XBrgswUyM

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Shard posted:

He doesn't get any more training, so I think technically he is.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

C-3P0 - "Afterall he's only a wookie"

Alright racist. Speciesist?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

El Generico posted:

Yes please more dumb Star Wars poo poo I still need to listen to the latter half of that audio drama that came out before KOTOR and has the Star Forge in it and stuff

:catstare:

what is this?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

rotinaj posted:

I was going to say Adumar is my favorite guilty pleasure, with Rogue and Wraith being my overall favorites!

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Shard posted:

Vader knew how to use his whole gimmick to the max and it RULED. Dramatic rear end motherfucker

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

karmicknight posted:

I, Jedi is my guilty pleasure star wars novel because I feel no such guilt about traitor and the good x-wing novels.

I got super into the Legacy books starting with bloodlines.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

El Generico posted:

There was a Star Wars Zombie novel called Death Troopers, and a prequel called Red Harvest where a Jedi's sister gets kidnapped and he literally gives the villains the "I have a particular set of skills" speech from "Taken". The Jedi was NOT Qui-on Jinn.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
do the rogue squadron books hold up to read in tyool 2021, I haven't reread them since at latest 2006

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Shard posted:

I got super into the Legacy books starting with bloodlines.

those books did my favorite dumb EU character dirty by making blackpilled jedi Vergere just a sith.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

rotinaj posted:

do the rogue squadron books hold up to read in tyool 2021, I haven't reread them since at latest 2006

I might do a let's read thread in the SyFy Wifi to find out, actually.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

There was a Star Wars Zombie novel called Death Troopers, and a prequel called Red Harvest where a Jedi's sister gets kidnapped and he literally gives the villains the "I have a particular set of skills" speech from "Taken". The Jedi was NOT Qui-on Jinn.

one of the recent books had a episode 1 battle droid gone edgelord crazy murderer called mister bones or something like that, it was p. funny

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

x-wing and tie fighter are the greatest games of all time

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

karmicknight posted:

those books did my favorite dumb EU character dirty by making blackpilled jedi Vergere just a sith.

Those books felt like higher quality fanfiction and I love me some fanfiction. I'm currently hitting up GOT to see if anyone can do a good ending. If anyone knows any good Star Wars fanfiction hit up ya boy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God I love what a messy bitch who lives for drama Vader is.

Straight up tells Luke he's his dad then jumps straight to,"Hey how about we overthrow the Emperor together?"

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

*inspects containers* "Superlative job ALPHA ONE, the Emperor will be pleased."

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mulaney Power Move posted:

x-wing and tie fighter are the greatest games of all time

rogue squadron for the n64

I'm not saying it's better, I just wanted to say that it existed and was good

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
young man, you are not full of surprises, he swordfought in a volcano while riding a hover platform

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

karmicknight posted:

:catstare:

what is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsRypu5q4Kk

If you find the rest of it let me know

Davros1 posted:

that's loving amazing