Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Good night!

Chajusong post the logs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

sweet dreams bb

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

You seem like you're trying to have it both ways, which sure, whatever

But he's either scum or bad town, not both

In my opinion, bad town (in this game format) and scum are equally disastrous to town.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Chajusong post the logs

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Pmom, you're the one claiming to be town.

I'm saying if you're town the following is true: you're a lovely townie, you wasted our day, your ego is a huge detriment to the town, you have no reasoning for any of your arguments, you're bussing your mason buddy, you potentially put up to 3 other townies in harms way, and in general you're just not being a good town player.

But I don't think you're town.

I think you're scum, so all of this makes sense in an attempt to sow discord and eliminate your teammate, after which you'll just go "WHOOPSIES GUESS I WAS WRONG OH WELL MOVING ON" and try to brush it under the rug like nothing happened.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I'd like to hear how you think you're being pro-town right now.

Also I'd like to hear what you think is going to happen if TT flips town.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Good night!

Chajusong post the logs

Why don't you post the logs?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jamuraan posted:

I'm saying if you're town the following is true: you're a lovely townie, you wasted our day, your ego is a huge detriment to the town, you have no reasoning for any of your arguments, you're bussing your mason buddy, you potentially put up to 3 other townies in harms way, and in general you're just not being a good town player.

I think you're scum, so all of this makes sense in an attempt to sow discord and eliminate your teammate, after which you'll just go "WHOOPSIES GUESS I WAS WRONG OH WELL MOVING ON" and try to brush it under the rug like nothing happened.

the problems with this post are:

1. you've spent all your energy this game faking an anger at me (for being a trash player, etc) that presupposes i'm town.

2. coming out of the gate day 2 challenging you is going to be the precise opposite of brushing a hypothetical taste town flip under the rug and flying under the radar :)

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I'm voting you. I called you scum. Stop trying to say I think you're town. I don't think you're town. That's the scummiest thing you've said so far.

I'm simply illustrating how, if I'm wrong about your alignment, I'm still right about you being anti-town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

My mason buddy seems to think you're posting as if you think I'm town, do you think he's scummy for that opinion?

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Pinterest Mom posted:

My mason buddy seems to think you're posting as if you think I'm town, do you think he's scummy for that opinion?

Your Mason Buddy posted:

That's funny, doesn't look like he ever said that.

Why are you so bad at lying and why are you constantly manipulating my words?

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

My vote is locked in. Without any kind of definitive proof to the contrary, my vote is staying here indefinitely.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oops it looks like you dropped half of his post when quoting him, let me help you out with that. I'm sure you didn't mean to mislead.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

You seem like you're trying to have it both ways, which sure, whatever

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Pinterest Mom posted:

Oops it looks like you dropped half of his post when quoting him, let me help you out with that. I'm sure you didn't mean to mislead.

Oops, looks like that first sentence doesn't help your argument even a little bit because he doesn't say what you said he says.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

He literally said I'm posting as if I think you are both Town and Scum.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You were snarling at me about logic earlier.

Would you agree that if I say A, and taste says (A & B), that means taste is saying A?

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I would agree that he misinterpreted my position earlier and since then I've clarified that I think you are scum.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sure, you've used words to call me scum, but your emotional energy in the game has been expended on calling me bad town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Let's play: does Jamuraan think I'm town or scum?

Jamuraan posted:

I think that's an incredibly scummy move and you could have easily just chosen 4 people who are all town with absolutely nothing more than a "hunch"

##vote Pmom

He thinks I could have chosen 4 people who were all town. Town.

Jamuraan posted:

Sorry I guess I should have said "the other 3 people" could be town and you are scum.
But also if you're pulling this move as a townie, I think you are an idiot and are playing in a style detrimental to the town.

Indeterminate.

Jamuraan posted:

What I'm trying to say is, your play makes no sense, it's not helpful to the town, therefore making you anti-town. Whether you are scum is yet to be determined, but as of right now, you're a huge detriment to the town.

He thinks I could very well be scum, but doesn't know, and it doesn't matter.

Jamuraan posted:

I think you're scum because I'm voting you.

Scum.

Jamuraan posted:

It's not a hard case to follow, it just has absolutely no merit and it's chock full of anecdotes and meta.

It's a trash case from a trash player with trash ideas.

Time to take out the trash.

Yikes. He seems really angry that I'm playing mafia badly and that I'm a bad player putting forward a misguided case. Town.

Jamuraan posted:

Protip, Been playing longer than you and I don't need any help from a trash player like you.

I'm still a bad player :(. Town.

Jamuraan posted:

Also it's funny that you think I care about your opinion.

The only thing that upsets me is that in your little ego filled power move, you wasted our first day on your little garbage hunch.

He thinks that I wasted the town's first day on a garbage hunch.

I can only have a bad hunch if I'm town. (and, of course, if the day ends in my dunk and I'm scum, it's not possible for the day to be wasted)

Jamuraan posted:

When did I say you are town? I said you wasted our day. We all share the day.

Still can't waste the day if I'm scum and the day ends in my dunk. Town

Jamuraan posted:

In my opinion, bad town (in this game format) and scum are equally disastrous to town.

Doesn't matter.

Jamuraan posted:

Scum.

Jamuraan posted:

I'm voting you. I called you scum. Stop trying to say I think you're town. I don't think you're town. That's the scummiest thing you've said so far.

I'm simply illustrating how, if I'm wrong about your alignment, I'm still right about you being anti-town.
Scum && Doesn't matter.

Final tally:
Town: 5
Scum: 3
Doesn't matter: 3
Interderminate: 1

Well, that's our show today! Join us tomorrow for another rousing edition of "Town or Scum?!?"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

it's going to be fun watching your meltdown when i challenge you in the first five seconds of day two 🙏🏻

Gosh, imagine if you'd waited and actually played the game a bit before jeopardizing everything, you could have gone after jam now!

##vote pmom

I forgot how completely insufferable playing with pmom is and, though I'm pretty sure he's scum at this point, I genuinely don't care and if TNL PMs me and goes "hey FYI pmom is town this a legit pm" I'm still not moving that.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Monopolizing not jeopardizing, got my games mixed up :haw:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

Gosh, imagine if you'd waited and actually played the game a bit before jeopardizing everything, you could have gone after jam now!

##vote pmom

I forgot how completely insufferable playing with pmom is and, though I'm pretty sure he's scum at this point, I genuinely don't care and if TNL PMs me and goes "hey FYI pmom is town this a legit pm" I'm still not moving that.

I'd hate to jeopardize the game's fun for you, I'm happy to ask TNL for a replacement.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Or maybe you'd like to replace if you're not going to have fun playing with me? I think Sandwolf wanted in, and it'd be better for someone who wants to play to get the spot. :)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm pretty sure he's scum at this point, I genuinely don't care and if TNL PMs me and goes "hey FYI pmom is town this a legit pm" I'm still not moving that.

God, between you posting this and Taste chatting about how he'd rather mislynch Pod or Max than successfully lynch a scum PMom on D1, does anybody actually wanna hit scum?

##vote Fisk

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
##vote pmom

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I need to hear the funny story about taste's friend before I can go on

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's a simple laugh, but a super CTR friend that moved to volunteer for Hil did the same for Ossoff and now holds two Ls

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The real problem with what j did is that it allows people to vote with little or no justification and get away with it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
tbqh I am voting pmom right now because he deserves to die for making this poor decision

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

It's a simple laugh, but a super CTR friend that moved to volunteer for Hil did the same for Ossoff and now holds two Ls

Your friend should get better at Crash Team Racing

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That's respectable, and I don't entirely disagree, but I wanted to play thi game for the Mason chat so

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
P.S. Hal is ignoring my question to him about if he is scum or not pretty effed up

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Your friend should get better at Crash Team Racing

It's difficult given some of the track layouts. Abusing boosts is fine but the oxide's ship is still too easy to bungle for reasons you can't control.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

P.S. Hal is ignoring my question to him about if he is scum or not pretty effed up

Oh sorry, no I'm not scum. Are you?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh sorry, no I'm not scum. Are you?

Pretty suspicious that you don't claim scum

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Jamuraan posted:

Why don't you post the logs?

my phone is a rock that crashes if it gets too excited

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:thunk:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jamuraan posted:

I think it's incredibly scummy to randomly challenge another team within the first 10 posts.

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm non-randomly challenging my partner, not "randomly another team". I chose the team I did because it's made up of people that the dunk won't move onto.

Jamuraan posted:

I think that's an incredibly scummy move and you could have easily just chosen 4 people who are all town with absolutely nothing more than a "hunch"

##vote Pmom

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'm trust the class can all spot the part of jamuraan's post where he doesn't believe i'm scum, but is voting me anyway.

Explain it to me like I'm only on my first cup of coffee, please. Is it that he's saying random challenges are scummy and then voting you despite your challenge ostensibly being non-random? It's kind of a weak semantics argument if so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

So Fisk is simultaneously continuing to throw suspicion on me in the thread (this post, and the previous post where he voted me) and, in mason chat, trying to get to "let's vote out one of podima or max" instead

Notable that Taste used the phrase 'mislynching' there.

• Locked thread