Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astrognome
Jun 2, 2011
Holy poppy. Just wrecking face what is this I don't even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEExCEE
Sep 19, 2012

Methenar called it.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Poppy truly is the scariest hypercarry in the game.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Astrognome posted:

Holy poppy. Just wrecking face what is this I don't even

Mundo can't do poo poo vs. Poppy. He stacks hp against a champion that has max%hp magic damage and high AD ratios that power spikes just as he does. Mundo doesn't offer enough pressure to kill Poppy in lane early so she just free farms to that sheen/TF rush.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
This is amazing. :stare:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
This is the dumbest, greatest thing I've ever seen. I can't stop laughing.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I hope this game goes 50+ minutes so we get 6 item Poppy

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

The Mash posted:

The game won't last long enough to get to 6 items at this rate, but it's 4/0/3 Poppy with the highest CS in the game so I don't know that it would take that long to get to 6 items

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

The Mash posted:

If she gets six items, she can and will 1v5. Under two towers.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
My heart is stopping. Poppy is such a loving strong champion.

It's that feeling when your extremely out of meta, but favorite champ, gets picked and validated by the pros.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Crazy Larry posted:

The game won't last long enough to get to 6 items at this rate, but it's 4/0/3 Poppy with the highest CS in the game so I don't know that it would take that long to get to 6 items

Lol I didn't even notice that he's cs'ing like a boss too. What the gently caress Millenium, what the gently caress

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Phreak it doesn't matter how much hp mundo and ryze stack, Poppy with Bork and Triforce is going to insta-kill them with all the %hp hybrid damage she throws down on them.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
A true terror.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
This is the greatest game I've ever seen.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
poppy got mad no one talked about her during the hypercarry conversation. This is pretty god drat entertaining.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.
Just like everyone else, I am loving this Poppy pick. Mundo isn't going to bully you so go hog wild!

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
100% winrate and zero deaths throughout the entire history of the LCS. Poppy OP.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Holy poo poo a legendary Poppy ahahahahaha

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
And that virtually guarantees nerfs for her.

:rip:

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

This is the greatest game I've ever seen.

Erm, excuse me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRAoZJolrYI

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Holy poo poo I hope she doesn't get dumpstered because Poppy deserves a season in the spotlight.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i turned the stream off because im like "well thats over" at 2-0 and lol

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Jesus christ, that Poppy.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Sirhcez is nodding in approval somewhere after that Poppy-work.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

What game number is this? I need to watch this when I get home.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

THE POPPENING

Yukari posted:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Yukari posted:

Millenium/UOL Game 3

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
if we get a loving poppy ban i don't know what i'll do with myself

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Damiya posted:

And that virtually guarantees nerfs for her.

:rip:

It's not going to happen. If she was laning against, say, Irelia or Ryze, Poppy would just lose half the cs in lane and have a hard time reaching that point.
Mundo just feeds. No pressure.

And if you feed a double kill (instant sheen) Poppy will win from snowballing.

She's just an odd counter pick that worked very very very well.

edit: Also two enemy champions that stack hp in their core itemization are going to be hosed hard by the %hp damage.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 11, 2014

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
If that wasn't what I thought it was I would have been very mad, but it was, and I am very happy :)

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
poppy pick owned, but that mid hecarim still blows my mind.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

It's only a parody account but I thought this was pretty hilarious

quote:

MonteCristo's Ego ‏@MonteCristo_Ego 2m

#LCS Promo Series So Far:
Jungle Gragas
Mid Hecarim
Jungle Fizz
Top Poppy

I think I may retire soon.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Zion is a fantastic analyst. Just in terms of his comfort speaking publicly and his ability to actually make sense on the spot. Probably my favorite of the player analysts so far.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Can someone please post a VoD link to this when the game's done? I can't watch the streams at work and this sounds too good to miss.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
Like they were saying on the desk, they won't ban poppy, they just won't first-pick mundo.

I love me some Mundo but I honestly don't get why he's strong in competitive. He just kinda sits there and never wins lane except for that one time Dyrus on Mundo dumpstered Ackerman on Ryze. I don't get what comp he fits in or what role he serves in any team other than just being general "front line". But I don't understand what makes him a better front line than picks like Maokai.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Arcturas posted:

Can someone please post a VoD link to this when the game's done? I can't watch the streams at work and this sounds too good to miss.

http://www.reddit.com/r/loleventvods/

They post like every vod ever, it's fantastic. Should be up in a few hours, usually it's up an hour or two after a bo5 is over.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

mushi posted:

Like they were saying on the desk, they won't ban poppy, they just won't first-pick mundo.

I love me some Mundo but I honestly don't get why he's strong in competitive. He just kinda sits there and never wins lane except for that one time Dyrus on Mundo dumpstered Ackerman on Ryze. I don't get what comp he fits in or what role he serves in any team other than just being general "front line". But I don't understand what makes him a better front line than picks like Maokai.

He has a literal 165% health (178%, post visage), plus like an extra 10% from his passive that lets him shrug off all poke that isn't supercommitted or coming from an ultra fed carry. Maokai looks like absolute poo poo compared to Mundo when it comes to pure tanking because his ult is much worse at giving him more EHP in exchange for the rest of his kit offering more initiation. The issue is that, when sieging, you don't need more initiation than 'walk into the tower, run at carry so he can't attack your own shootman', and Mundo can do that all too well. That's his job, to end games by letting your carry shoot towers in peace. It's pure brute force and it wins games.

GEExCEE
Sep 19, 2012

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

mushi posted:

Mundo can't do much early and has no pressure, but he splits fairly well and does a very respectable amount of damage being built pure tank. In team fights he peels and catches well if you can land clevers and his ult lets him stay relevant through out a prolonged fight. He's just an all around solid and safe pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Transient People posted:

He has a literal 165% health (178%, post visage), plus like an extra 10% from his passive that lets him shrug off all poke that isn't supercommitted or coming from an ultra fed carry. Maokai looks like absolute poo poo compared to Mundo, his ult is much worse at giving him more EHP in exchange for more initiation. The issue is that, when sieging, you don't need more initiation than 'walk into the tower, run at carry so he can't attack your own shootman', and Mundo can do that all too well. That's his job, to end games by letting your carry shoot towers in peace. It's pure brute force and it wins games.

Poppy did exactly what Mundo does but also kills two or more people, so yeah. If I see Mundo in solo queue I'm definitely going for the top Poppy pick.

• Locked thread