Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Captain Fargle posted:

My guess is that the thing with the TARDIS is complications from the duplication at the end of The Giggle.

Except the sounds started when Donna broke the console before that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Welp, guess that settles what the new Tales of the TARDIS is gonna be.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Open Source Idiom posted:

Going off something I posted in the non-spoiler thread, it seems very likely that we're getting a return from Maestro next season.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...-shock-axe.html

Check out the photo of the Palazzo.

The Toymaker, The God Of Games
Trickster, The God Of Traps
Maestro, The God Of Music
Reprobate, The God Of Spite
The Mara, The God Of Beasts
The Threefold Deity Of Malice And Mischief And Misery
Gods of skin and shame and secrets
Incensor, The God Of Disaster, and her children called Doubt and Dread
Sutekh, the Destroyer

Hm...which of these would be suited for a movie theater, I wonder...

Reprobate, Threefold, and Incensor certainly cover a lot of the film industry (watching out of spite, hate-watching, doubting and dreading the quality of a show...)

Could be the Mara if it's a live creature theater showing...

If it's an Adult Theater, there'd certainly be skin, shame, and secrets...

Which means it's likely The Trickster (who...looks a lot like Ruby's mother from a distance, especially if viewed on low-quality CCTV footage, and given how they deliberately kept obscuring the face...)

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Saw a suggestion that the Threefold Gods could be the Gods of Ragnarok from the Greatest Show in the Galaxy.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Anagram of TARDIS, lol

Double lol that the episode called it out for being so obvious. I looked at it once, couldn't think of any reason a mafia was involved and just asked.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Saw a suggestion that the Threefold Gods could be the Gods of Ragnarok from the Greatest Show in the Galaxy.

That was absolutely my first thought too.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
If anyone can pull off the 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo: Doctor Who edition it's RTD.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I know American Doctor is anathema but if Vincent Price were immortal he would be an incredible Doctor.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Khanstant posted:

I know American Doctor is anathema but if Vincent Price were immortal he would be an incredible Doctor.

I’d love him to be the American Cushing Doctor :allears:

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Or, hear me out here - Vincent Price as the Master

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://x.com/badwolfarchives/status/1803866810120573221

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I like the aspect ratio change at the end there. Are we going to get actual old footage from the Classic episodes?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Khanstant posted:

70's era Gene Wilder.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

thrawn527 posted:

I like the aspect ratio change at the end there. Are we going to get actual old footage from the Classic episodes?

This is from the Tales from the Tardis for this week.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

lines posted:

This is from the Tales from the Tardis for this week.

Oh, I thought this was from the next episode. That makes more sense, never mind.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Tales from the Tardis is a great idea, and this was a pretty well edited version of PoM but I can't see past them using a miniature version of Jodie's dogshit TARDIS there.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
This is the memory TARDIS which was featured in previous Tales of the TARDIS. specials

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

This is the memory TARDIS which was featured in previous Tales of the TARDIS. specials

Oh, I know, I thought it looked silly then too.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Is there a place to watch Tales of the TARDIS if you are not in Britain?

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Weird briefing here. It does feel like there's someone in the production who doesn't like Millie much and who keeps trying to undermine the central comms... https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news...readmore-target

The thing is I probably believe it!

What's interesting is that they only have one more season of Disney commission apparently? I wonder what will happen after that.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

lines posted:

Weird briefing here. It does feel like there's someone in the production who doesn't like Millie much and who keeps trying to undermine the central comms... https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news...readmore-target

The thing is I probably believe it!

What's interesting is that they only have one more season of Disney commission apparently? I wonder what will happen after that.

Every single comment on that article is about the woke agenda, and how the poster has gay friends but they also don't like the show anymore.

It's utter loving nonsense. Whilst Ruby might only appear briefly next season that's not different to any other RTD companion with the exception of Rose who only stuck around because she bridged a regeneration.

Any negative spin you're picking up from that article regarding Millie Gibson or the show is entirely because it dares to include LGBTQ representation and the dreading non-white, non-straight Doctor.

I'd suggest ignoring the Mirror for any and all news, entertainment or otherwise.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

I didn't read the comments because, well, as you say, it is the Mirror (better than the right wing tabloids but still not great). Somebody is chatting poo poo to them though which isn't good, very unprofessional.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
AFAIK Gibson's gonna be in a few episodes next season, but yeah she's mostly out at this point.

lines posted:

Somebody is chatting poo poo to them though which isn't good, very unprofessional.

It's probably unprofessional, but I dunno if that's a bad thing. I don't like the idea of these productions -- or most workplaces tbh -- being spaces where people are legally prevented from talking about working conditions or the state of their jobs, regardless of who they're talking to. I'm not even talking about illegalities; if a workplace is lovely or being mismanaged I think it's fine to talk about. We owe more to each other than what we owe to our workplaces.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

I agree with that, but the line for me is when you start poo poo talking other coworkers (rather than management).

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

They're certainly presenting her as a main character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiuyrLJuVpQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I thought the whole "she must be a nightmare to work with if they are booting her after one season!" rumor was probably just gossip rag nonsense, and the way they wrapped up her arc and are seemingly still going to have her as a featured guest definitively proves that IMO. It makes sense if RTD only has 2 guaranteed seasons he wants to go through a bunch of ideas, and companion swaps are often a good way to do that.