Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Davros1 posted:

That may have been a creator's choice. There was a recent interview with Glenn Howerton, and he said that if he could do it over, he wouldn't have called one ep "Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person".

Yeah, it’s one thing when the gang is throwing around terms like that but the titles are kind of divorced from the fact they’re terrible people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I was wondering if the fucks were left in on the broadcast version too

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah Glenn's position on the word has changed, it was jsut a funny juxtaposition to have the original airing bleep f*** and leave retard untouched,

now they're running DID YOU gently caress MY MOM?? DID YOU FF-gently caress MY MOM SANTA??? uuhh...is he r*******?? . *gets a chunk of artery bitten out*

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Buzzfeed finally made something good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIjUncnxLSE

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Retroblique posted:

Roseanne was always a) just mindless popcorn TV, and b) successful because of its ensemble cast, so for me The Conners was business as usual. Does the show need to exist? Not really, but it's something that neatly fills in the gap between "I'm all caught up on my 'proper' shows" and "but I'm not ready to move from the couch or call it a night".

What the gently caress? Roseanne was many things but it was never mindless.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Roseanne premiered 30 years ago yesterday, I always thought it was a 90s sitcom.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I mean I consider Seinfeld a 90s sitcom

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Milo and POTUS posted:

I mean I consider Seinfeld a 90s sitcom

It didn't hit its stride until the '90s, so that's fair.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yeah that first and most of that second season were rough.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Simpson's is an 80's sitcom :colbert:

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Wheat Loaf posted:

I can't remember - did the Hannibal tv show incorporate anything from Hannibal Rising such as Hannibal's samurai training?

Yeah, they visit Hannibal's childhood home in Lithuania for an episode, and while his Japanese aunt would've been too old by the show's timeline, the estate's caretaker is played by Tao Okamoto and serves the same narrative role.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Speaking of Seinfeld
https://streamable.com/wrb0x

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Guy Mann posted:

Roseanne premiered 30 years ago yesterday, I always thought it was a 90s sitcom.

The meat of it happened during the 90's. The Simpsons first aired in December of 1989.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Luke Cage just got canceled too. What the gently caress?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
So Disney streaming is getting closer to reality I guess

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe Power Man and Iron Fist is happening?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

GreenNight posted:

NOOOOOOO!!!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That sucks, but yeah, hopefully we get Heroes for Hire out of it. I'm not terribly optimistic about that now, sadly. Cage getting cancelled seems like it hurts those chances more than Iron Fist getting cancelled and if there was actually any plans of the team show they probably would have announced it with them

Sad.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Scuttlebutt is that Disney's open to continuing the shows, but that their asking price is kinda bonkers and the cancelled shows aren't pulling enough numbers to justify it from Netflix's end. Daredevil and Punisher are the only completely safe shows, because they're the most popular by a wide margin.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GreenNight posted:

I'm 5 episodes into Daredevil season 3. Are they gonna cancel this and remove it before I'm done the season?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Also, anything that came out on Netflix is probably staying on Netflix for the foreseeable future unless Disney somehow buys the shows from them, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
This news has soured my viewing of Daredevil season three.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I kinda hope they just do daughters of the dragon where they take down Luke, then that leads into heroes for hire.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

hannbal re-watch update: the acting in this show is really great. obviously the four leads are very good but bit parts like Freddie Lounds and Kacey Rohl and Raul Gasparza are all real good too.

Rohl is especially fun to watch because depending on who she's talking to at the time she completely changes and it leaves you perpetually in the dark about exactly how much she knows and if she's normal or a sociopath.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

bentacos posted:

I kinda hope they just do daughters of the dragon where they take down Luke, then that leads into heroes for hire.

There's no way we're getting new Netflix Marvel shows.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

There's no way we're getting new Netflix Marvel shows.

I know, but in a perfect world...

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

Hoss from Bonanza says oval office

https://youtu.be/JZgcsKgwCZ8?t=322

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I wonder if Disney would be contractually able to turn around and reboot each show (or Heroes For Hire) on their own streaming service now.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

GreenNight posted:

Thank god, lets cancel Daredevil too.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
And then just Jessica Jones, 6 seasons and a movie

e: oh I forgot about The Punisher, that's still alive as well

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Selma Blair posted that she has multiple sclerosis and that she has people help her put on her clothes and that she sometimes falls down. WTF, for me she's always this from Hellboy.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Mu Zeta posted:

Selma Blair posted that she has multiple sclerosis and that she has people help her put on her clothes and that she sometimes falls down. WTF, for me she's always this from Hellboy.

That sucks. Selma Blair owns my bones.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's been two years but somehow Dream Corp LLC is back for a s2.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Damnit, sad news about Selma.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Watching The Rookie with Fillion and its not bad. He looks good. Lost a bunch of weight since Castle.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

GreenNight posted:

Watching The Rookie with Fillion and its not bad. He looks good. Lost a bunch of weight since Castle.

lol at a 50 year old dude pretending to be 40 while dating a 20 year old woman.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

lol at a 50 year old dude pretending to be 40 while dating a 20 year old woman.

She's not 20, clearly.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Fillion is 47 and Melissa is 30.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Watched Future Man and it was good except for the thing in the 10th episode involving his mom. Way too cringe and obvious.

Gaunab fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gaunab posted:

Watched Future Man and it was good except for the thing in the 10th episode involving his mom. Way too cringe and obvious.

You should enjoy it for the tribute that it is, the mom died irl