Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Junpei posted:

i know it's a fantasy world and probably just an aesthetic choice but Muslim rep is rad

Her design is so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this nintendo direct was so hype that any other normal direct i would be lying to myself and be like "i guess i might play final fantasy x-2 with princess peach" but then saga emerald, shiren 6, eiyuden chronicles, and unicorn overlord has me barely registering that was a game

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The 7th Guest posted:

important saga detail: one of your party members is just a cat. literally just a large black cat

One of the other characters looks just like Macha, one of the major gods from Scarlet Grace, who inexplicably showed up as an optional boss with a turn limit in a random quest or two. 🤔

Her music was good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pquTpiKPt4c

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
you know what would make SaGa emerald even more hype

if it has multiple tracks with flamenco guitar

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
emerald can't get any more hype. i don't want to buy a switch!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

emerald can't get any more hype. i don't want to buy a switch!

you don't need to, the website has it listed ps5, ps4, switch, steam, iphone and android.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Snooze Cruise posted:

wow i didn't notice from the trailer version of this image that she has motorcycle

This is badass

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
saga emerald is going to be so good that will we get a new RPG thread when it comes out because it will completely redefine the history of rpgs and we will talk about the genre by defining games as pre saga emerald and post saga emerald

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Is this Direct going to stop people from acting like turn-based RPGs are dead or are we cursed to keep hearing that for another 6 years

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Is this Direct going to stop people from acting like turn-based RPGs are dead or are we cursed to keep hearing that for another 6 years

The complaints will continue until and unless Final Fantasy releases another mainline turn-based (or ATB) RPG, I imagine.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Square-Enix put out a turn-based RPG earlier this year and it still didn't stop it so I doubt it.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

It has to be specifically Final Fantasy, that's the only jrpgs those people play

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Turn-based games are dead, unlike Baldur's Gate 3

Hang on I'm getting a message from my producer,

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
emerald is going to be the most newbie friendly saga ever and people are still going to act like playing it is like solving the voynich manuscript

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

RareAcumen posted:

it depends on whether or not people have new arguments about why pokemon doesnt count as a turn based rpg

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Captured from my Switch in portable mode, but this game looks great imo. I have a lot of nostalgia for SO2, and the opening forest and crossing into Arlia were really nice.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

unicorn overlord looks sorta RTS-y so I dunno if its actually a game snooze will play, she can't do RTS games she is an old lady now

since it looks a lot like ogre battle unless proven otherwise I'm gonna assume that like ogre battle you can just pause at any time to issue commands at your leisure

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
playing more summon night 3. got to a chapter where your robot nurse friend has an existential crisis because she's jealous of your ability to bring a smile to the face of the woman she loves so she tries to go kill herself in a trash compactor and you have to stop her by beating her in an srpg battle so you can make her understand how much she means to her loved one

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNVL-ygqw3w

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

goty

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
So fuckin excited for the next chapter. I loved the remake and this still looks cool as gently caress. Plus it looks like there's a bunch of team attacks now and I love team attacks!

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
That’s a lot sooner than I was expecting. I was kind of hoping to squeeze in a replay of part one before the sequel came out, but now… and the Persona 3 remake comes out like two weeks before. Too many games!

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Kanos posted:

Yeah, Archers are a mid-tier support class in Reborn instead of one-size-fits-all death railguns that trivialize the game when spammed. They still have an important purpose but they're mostly for picking on enemy squishies and will pretty much bounce off enemy frontliners.

TO Reborn is a much more balanced game in general and is a fair bit more intuitive as a result; tanky heavy melee frontliners are typically your bread and butter assault units, mages are good for cracking open said heavy melee frontliners, archers and ninjas are good for killing said mages. The farther you get, the more potentially broken stuff you get access to, but generally the truly hellaciously broken stuff is in late/postgame optional content now.

I always hated that I made my main guy a Knight in TO as I always tend to do in SRPGs and he just sucked complete rear end forever and got like 2 turns per map

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Mr. Trampoline posted:

Captured from my Switch in portable mode, but this game looks great imo. I have a lot of nostalgia for SO2, and the opening forest and crossing into Arlia were really nice.

It looks incredible. Can't wait for the full release. Though it looks like no more item creation blobs :smith:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/armormodechang/status/1702476483116126332

That's a neat feature and I want all remakes to offer it now

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

https://twitter.com/armormodechang/status/1702476483116126332?s=19

This is epic but I hope I can switch it to the pear into peaches dub as well

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

gently caress

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

SatoshiMiwa posted:

https://twitter.com/armormodechang/status/1702476483116126332

That's a neat feature and I want all remakes to offer it now

Langrisser I + II also had this and it was really fun to gently caress with

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
me looking at any portrait art of a jrpg in the 90s, WE GOT TO THE GO BACK

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

God I forgot how bad the PSP design was.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Meowywitch posted:

https://twitter.com/armormodechang/status/1702476483116126332?s=19

This is epic but I hope I can switch it to the pear into peaches dub as well

You can't. :(

Only the jp dub has the option for original VAs

ImpAtom posted:

SO2r > SO2 >>>>>>>>>> SO2SE

Why does Rena look 8???

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Makes her look 7 rather than 17.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

If it was for an original game the PSP design is okay. A bit generic and 2000's but not bad

But as updated Rena design it's just not good

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Important note about Star Ocean 2 R: You can skip scenes so the extremely tedious opening bits with Claude and Rena in Arlia is something you can breeze right through.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ImpAtom posted:

It's just as bad as the originals just a different era of bad anime.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The only good era of anime art is whatever you the viewer grew up with.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Barudak posted:

The only good era of anime art is whatever you the viewer grew up with.

nah i am young and hip, i just have good taste

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TurnipFritter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl3AuAVC8Ss

Star Ocean 2 R demo dropping today, which seems like an odd choice, but they also posted a trailer showing off a bunch of the new changes to the game.

This looks so good I can't wait.

Also new Shiren gently caress yea.

Also new SaGa game.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I think the psp art is "fine", Rena just happens to have by far the worst art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

all anime art is good