Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Gem Blossums floors

Floor 5
R: Life
U: Armor
E: Unlock
L: Life

Floor 6
R: Armor
U: Armor

Floor 7
U: Luck
E: Armor
L: Unlock

Nothing great on these floors. Hope you like armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Arbetor posted:

One note on Harpy Mage, and similar abilities. They randomly choose one of the colors of their target, they do not apply to all of them. Targeting a mythic just means it chooses one of the three colors to explode. I prefer to target a dual color troop over a three color troop, since it is more likely that both of a dual color troop's color will produce a board clearing explosion. And of course, targeting a mono color troop (like a hero weapon) is completely predictable.
That's good to know thanks - I never watched closely enough to realize it was only blowing up one color.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

porktree posted:

That's good to know thanks - I never watched closely enough to realize it was only blowing up one color.

It was also bugged for maybe 2 weeks where it would just blow up its 19ish gems no matter their color, no matter what troop you picked.

Anyway I've been working on fitting Doomed Axe into a team and nothing seems to really pop. It can swap into the standard Ishbaala/Qilin team, but I don't think it's an improvement over Rope Dart. Most double converters get rid of yellow or purple. Right now I've been doing ok with:

Silverglade banner
Doomed Axe +8 / Priest
Divine Ishbaala
Erinyes
The Possessed King

Hero is up front to self-cleanse entangle/freezes, Erinyes to convert purple gems over giant spider because of darkstorm and to take excess yellow, and TPK to stretch out the loop some. It feels slow compared to slick meta teams and seems to be doing poorly on defense, but it's been winning ranked pvp fights ok.

Sici
Apr 21, 2019
Gem Boiz Floor Report

Floor 1
Rare: Armor
Ultra: Unlock
Epic: Armor
Legendary: Haste

Floor 2
Ultra: Armor
Epic: Unlock
Legendary: Power

Floor 3
Rare: Life
Ultra: Haste
Legendary: Life

Floor 4
Rare: Haste
Epic: Life

Sici fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Aug 12, 2019

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Boiz Floors - This is terrible. One good thing in 5 6 7 floors? Life and Armor ahoy.

Floor 5
U: Haste

Floor 6
U: Unlock
E: Magic

Floor 7
R: Unlock
E: Life
L: Attack

Floor 8
U: Luck - FINALLY
L: Armor

Arbetor fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 13, 2019

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

More gem blossums floors

Floor 8
R: Power

Floor 9
U: Armor
L: Armor

Edit:

Floor 10
U: Haste
E: Life
L: Power

Seriously, I hope you all like Armor.

Tsietisin fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Aug 13, 2019

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler
The Boiz

Floor 9
Rare: Luck
UR: Fireball
Epic: Power
Leg: Unlock

Floor 10
UR: Magic
Leg: Armor

Floor 11
UR: Life
Leg: Unlock

Floor 12
UR: Haste
Leg: Haste

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
Boiz

Floor 13

Floor 14
Epic: Magic
Legendary: Unlock

Floor 15
Rare: Unlock
Ultra: Haste
Epic: LUCK

Floor 16
Rare: Attack
Ultra: Fireball
Epic: Attack

Enkor fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 13, 2019

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
Earlier in the thread I know there was at least one goon that wanted in a goon guild: Gem Blossums has a spot open now. Quit your guild first (can't sent an invite if you're already in one) then post in this thread with your ID again.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Manyorcas posted:

Earlier in the thread I know there was at least one goon that wanted in a goon guild: Gem Blossums has a spot open now. Quit your guild first (can't sent an invite if you're already in one) then post in this thread with your ID again.

That’d be me goon sir

Invite name thingy is: Diapermeat_wfkc

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?

diapermeat posted:

That’d be me goon sir

Invite name thingy is: Diapermeat_wfkc

Invite sent!

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Enkor posted:

It was also bugged for maybe 2 weeks where it would just blow up its 19ish gems no matter their color, no matter what troop you picked.
That make sense.

Tower Talk - I ended up swapping Rope Dart for Doomed Glaive, and it's working pretty well - Gorg exploding, the Harpy creates the dust storm etc.

Gorgotha +++
Harpy Mage +++
Divine Ishbaala +++
Doomed Glaive +10 (Tidecaller because I'm leveling it)
Talon (Suncrest) Banner

I'm only on Tower level 10 though.

edit: just finished 15 and am thinking I need to switch to some kind of Mang/Titan team.

edit2: Mang/Harpy/Wrath/Ishbaala - Plaguelord/Lantern Banner. Like a hot knife through butter...

porktree fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 13, 2019

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

Tower team:
Wrath
Hero (Currently Earths Fury)
Qilin
Divine Ishbaala

I'm playing around with different weapons and hero placement, but the troops compliment each other very well. Wrath makes skulls and sets up Qilin, who does the same for Ishbaala, who feeds Wrath.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Boiz...

Floor 17
Legendary: Luck

Floor 18
Rare: Magic
Ultra: Magic
Legendary: Attack

Floor 19
Legendary: Armor

porktree fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 13, 2019

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Boiz:

Floor 20
Ultra: Attack

Floor 21:
Ultra: Life
Epic: Haste

Floor 22:
Rare: Fireball

Night Danger Moose fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 14, 2019

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
Floor 23

Floor 24
Rare: Heroism
Ultra: LUCK

Floor 25
Rare: Attack

Floor 26

Floor 27
Rare: LUCK

Floor 28
Legendary: Fireball

Floor 29

Floor 30

Floor 31

Floor 32
Rare: Fireball
Ultra: LUCK

Floor 33
Rare: Heroism
Epic: LUCK

Floor 34

Floor 35
Rare: Power

Floor 36
Epic: Attack
Legendary: Magic

Floor 37
Rare: Power
Ultra: Fireball

Enkor fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 16, 2019

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

I missed writing down floor 11, but I'm pretty sure the ultra rare room has the unlock scroll.

Gem Blossums

Floor 12

R: power
U: unlock
E: luck
L: fireball

A good floor this one.

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
I’ve been dicking around this game in a pub guild for a while. In the mid 200s if a spot ever opens up. In the game as Bopep. THAAANKS

u got mares in yr house
Feb 23, 2001

Tsietisin posted:

I missed writing down floor 11, but I'm pretty sure the ultra rare room has the unlock scroll.

Gem Blossums

Floor 12

R: power
U: unlock
E: luck
L: fireball

A good floor this one.
Here's floor 11

R: Attack
U: Magic

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Shuvah, you have gone 13 days without significant guild activity. Please contribute a little bit (seals and trophies, we don't care about gold) to show you're still interested in your spot in Boiz. Otherwise, your spot will become open on Sunday.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Doing this as I get sigils

Gem Blossums floor 13

U: Attack

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Night Danger Moose posted:

Shuvah, you have gone 13 days without significant guild activity. Please contribute a little bit (seals and trophies, we don't care about gold) to show you're still interested in your spot in Boiz. Otherwise, your spot will become open on Sunday.

It’s a game, not laying off Joe from his factory job that he’s been working ever since he got back from the war

Post some numbers or get kicked nerds

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

Devor posted:

It’s a game, not laying off Joe from his factory job that he’s been working ever since he got back from the war

Post some numbers or get kicked nerds

Related: the number of people skipping guild events keeps going up. To me that's a big part of the fun of being in a guild so I don't understand getting into / staying in a guild to just ignore it.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Yeah there's been quite a few people logging on daily but haven't been doing much else.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Not doing the guild events bothers me a bit. In Gem Blossums there are 18 people who have not even completed a single floor.

If all of them completed 5-6 floors, a not particularly difficult task, we could end up with extra gems and a chaos orb each.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Tsietisin posted:

Not doing the guild events bothers me a bit. In Gem Blossums there are 18 people who have not even completed a single floor.

If all of them completed 5-6 floors, a not particularly difficult task, we could end up with extra gems and a chaos orb each.

I'd love to help out, but I have absolutely no idea how to participate in the tower (or really how any of the guild events work, since I'm a newbie) and I lack almost every card to assemble the teams that people suggest in thread.

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008

Montalvo posted:

I'd love to help out, but I have absolutely no idea how to participate in the tower (or really how any of the guild events work, since I'm a newbie) and I lack almost every card to assemble the teams that people suggest in thread.

Go into the "Guild" tab at the bottom of the main screen and tool around a bit. Everything but Guild Wars is pretty self explanatory, usually making teams of either the same race, kingdom, or color.

Don't worry about making any of the teams talked about in the thread. You're not going to for a long while unless you're doing some SERIOUS poopsocking, and even then...

Just focus on doing the best with what you can. I've found targeting kingdom/race bonuses to be a helpful way of making synergistic-enough teams in the early game. Also, don't hella spend Souls on every rando team combination for each guild event week, you're not going to be bringing in enough to maintain that. Just get Rando Team Of The Week to like, level five, and save souls for when you really do start figuring out some good teams.

Keynote: I've been playing for a while and still haven't really dipped into Guild Wars, but I'm going to next time it rolls around. It's by far the most complicated of the events.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Thanks! I'll give it a whirl. I'm not too sure what all the lists of floors people are posting in here mean either.

Generally, I think I struggle to figure out how to make good teams.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

The first few floors have very low level troops. Health around 10 or so. So just about anything will work there.

With the lists we have been giving, it works like this

Floor 1
R: Haste

R: is rare, indicated by the green symbol with II on it.
U: is Ultra-Rare, indicated with the blue symbol with III on it.
E: is Epic, marked with a purple IV.
L: is legendary, indicated in yellow with a V.

You need to beat the unlock room to make the boss room available. Defeat the boss room to go up to the next floor.

I would suggest starting doing only those rooms. Ignore any room that says Armor, Attack, magic, Life or Haste for now. These help the guild but at this point in the week we need so many of them defeated to increase our stats that is not worth it.

So for floor 1, do room U, then the boss room.

Tsietisin fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 16, 2019

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
That's super helpful, thanks!

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Tsietisin posted:

I would suggest starting doing only those rooms. Ignore any room that says Armor, Attack, magic, Life or Haste for now. These help the guild but at this point in the week we need so many of them defeated to increase our stats that is not worth it.

Counterpoint: people who are low-level won’t make it so far up the tower, so they won’t realistically be able to use all their Sigils. These are exactly the people who should be spending sigils on early stat boons, since they would otherwise run into a wall and have sigils left but no opponents they can defeat.

The addition of Epic/Legendary/Mythical battles (an option under the shield in the middle of the “Fight!” screen) changes this calculus a bit. Now early players can spend their sigils for a stat boost, so it may be possible for them to push farther. My gut says they should still stick to full-clearing floors, and only start skipping rooms once they need to turn on the stat boost. I am totally open to debate and additional analysis, though.

Ultimately, nobody should be totally locked out of participating except the rankest noobs. If you can assemble even a modest team with your hero involved, you should be able to face a couple of floors thanks to the stat boosts provided by your guild.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Aug 16, 2019

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
Yeah, I was surprised when we started getting anywhere in the weekly events in Gem Blossums because way back when I was newer I was just thinking "I need a whole new team every week? I don't have the resource income for this poo poo!" but nowadays we have enough established players that can do that and we're getting real rewards and it's very cool.

I will admit I used to be way more guilty of "I totally have the resources to make a team every week but I don't want to sort through all my troops to make something good" :effort:

Something I've found that helps is, if you don't have the troops in the teams people list in this thread- just sort all your troops by level and the decent poo poo should float to the top, but improvising is always going to take more decision-making than just copying something from the thread.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I will say that this game will definitely take time to understand and to be able to navigate all of the menus and options efficiently. I remember when I began playing just being inundated with all of the options, troops, game modes, etc. You definitely benefit from really giving this game time. I get to play this between 1-2 hours a day and know now exactly what I need to pound out. Guild events, special pet rescue, faction assault, etc. and then dailies. If I'm up for more, then I go for PVP and maybe just chew through some Explore or do whatever event is running to get extra resources.

It's a pretty deep game but once you put a good amount of time into it, it starts to come together and then you'll start swimming in troops. It takes a long time to get a couple mythic troops but with an active guild generating the higher end keys each week you can get lucky early and start building out less rare ones. It took forever to get my first couple mythics but then they started coming real quick after I joined an active guild.

Don't be discouraged. Just put some time into checking your Guild stuff each day, run what events you can, and make sure to claim your weekly seals. I'd also recommend against donating gold until you level each kingdom up to level 10. That will take a long time and Gem Boiz seems to do just fine without a good portion of people donating serious dosh.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Tsietisin posted:

The first few floors have very low level troops. Health around 10 or so. So just about anything will work there.

With the lists we have been giving, it works like this

Floor 1
R: Haste

R: is rare, indicated by the green symbol with II on it.
U: is Ultra-Rare, indicated with the blue symbol with III on it.
E: is Epic, marked with a purple IV.
L: is legendary, indicated in yellow with a V.

You need to beat the unlock room to make the boss room available. Defeat the boss room to go up to the next floor.

So for floor 1, do room U, then the boss room.

Thank you! Just breezes through floor 1. I’ll see how far I can go

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Grundulum posted:

Counterpoint: people who are low-level won’t make it so far up the tower, so they won’t realistically be able to use all their Sigils. These are exactly the people who should be spending sigils on early stat boons, since they would otherwise run into a wall and have sigils left but no opponents they can defeat.

The addition of Epic/Legendary/Mythical battles (an option under the shield in the middle of the “Fight!” screen) changes this calculus a bit. Now early players can spend their sigils for a stat boost, so it may be possible for them to push farther. My gut says they should still stick to full-clearing floors, and only start skipping rooms once they need to turn on the stat boost. I am totally open to debate and additional analysis, though.

Ultimately, nobody should be totally locked out of participating except the rankest noobs. If you can assemble even a modest team with your hero involved, you should be able to face a couple of floors thanks to the stat boosts provided by your guild.

How does spending sigils work? Are those the rewards from clearing tower rooms?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Montalvo posted:

You spend at least one sigil for each battle. I'm not sure if there is any sort of way to guarantee you'll get one or a few as a victory reward. You can also buy sigils as well as some extra resources and troops for their premium currency, which you seem to get quite a bit each week anyways.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Montalvo posted:

https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000350275-Live-Event-Sigils-

The only thing that page is missing is that Haste scrolls in Tower of Doom give you a sigil back. So they are at worst sigil-neutral for a normal-stat battle. Tower of Doom, Raid, and Invasion use identical sigil systems, so lessons learned here apply to those modes as well.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Man, there's a lot of moving parts to this. Thanks again goons!

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

Grundulum posted:

I disagree about deliberately full-clearing floors. It's not worthless, but we get a fair bit from early power scrolls, scouting out new floors, and players who don't like floor reports. After Monday or Tuesday even an extra 1/8 of a magic point isn't noticeable, and the glory/souls/gold from extra fights is poor compared to delves or PvP. So, I think the starting point is to just focus on dooms and grab luck scrolls on the way up. If you're gung-ho, then add fireball, heroism, haste, and sometimes power scrolls in, otherwise don't worry about it.

Regarding haste scrolls! Valravens roughly double your sigils in most events. They show up about every 4 fights in tower of doom (and invasion and raid boss) and give 2 sigils, so the expected cost for a fight is -0.5 sigils. A room with a haste scroll is then +0.5 sigils, which pays for an additional room as well. It's as good as heroism (skip both unlock and doom) and better than fireball for progressing up the tower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Any space in the guilds? Invite code is UNLUCKY7_1