Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

VictualSquid posted:

One of the local butcher shops now has a raw meat vending machine. Chicken was sold out tho. And as you can see by the massive reflection it is in a surprisingly sunny spot.
Not sure if it will still be there during summer.

One of ours has something like this but it's between the first and second set of sliding doors and (hopefully) within AC range in the summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Strong dad vibes

"Dang they're selling that vending machine down at the eazy-go for almost nothing but I have no use for it. Unless..."

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Both neat and potentially terrifying

Indeed, what if my wiener gets stuck in the machine? just like it does in the coke machine

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

TotalLossBrain posted:

Indeed, what if my wiener gets stuck in the machine? just like it does in the coke machine

that's not what "in the can" means

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

TotalLossBrain posted:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I'll admit to occasionally dunking a french fry in a milkshake, but it doesn't seem like a flavor that would work on a potato chip. At all.

Half of the reason that even works is because the contrast of hot/cold accentuates the contrast of salty/sweet. Dipping lukewarm fries in shakes sucks and I can't imagine a potato chip as anything but a lukewarm fry that got cooked too long and is way too crisp.

VictualSquid posted:

One of the local butcher shops now has a raw meat vending machine. Chicken was sold out tho. And as you can see by the massive reflection it is in a surprisingly sunny spot.
Not sure if it will still be there during summer.

Look, I'm all for reducing pandemic illness by reducing person-to-person contact. What I'm less keen about is replacing the COVID with salmonella. :ohdear:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Love to have raw chicken bouncing off my steak and leaving skid marks all over the tray at the bottom

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

A hard to clean vending machine full of cross contamination? At least package the meat jeeze.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Just fill the vending machine with a powerful beta emitter to sterilize any bacteria. As long as you have a lead glass window in the front dangerous radiation won't escape.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Sekhmnet posted:

A hard to clean vending machine full of cross contamination? At least package the meat jeeze.

I think it's all plastic wrapped but otoh literally every single package of meat I've handled that wasn't vacuum sealed has been leaky.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Pookah posted:

What you're looking for is a Breakfast Roll

(that's a v. fancy one, the standard is a lot squashier)

Would

Ror posted:

Also, that wiki page links to the page for mitraillette, which is a popular Belgian sandwich I just learned about. It means submachine gun and it's like a chip butty, but more appealing.

Also would

Pookah posted:

Yeah, that's been 'plated', a real breakfast roll gets 'stuffed'

Downside is that it's all hot-bar stuff, so the eggs are never runny :(

Still would

Crust First posted:

They're no White Castle chicken rings but I'm down to give 'em a go

Wish that we had White Castle here in California, the little frozen sliders are pretty good and I can only imagine them being even better fresh

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'd love to see some horrible combo of the meat vending machine and the "dry-aged meat" window at high-end groceries.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

I'd love to see some horrible combo of the meat vending machine and the "dry-aged meat" window at high-end groceries.

This may be the only scenario where it actually makes sense.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Tunicate posted:

Just fill the vending machine with a powerful beta emitter to sterilize any bacteria. As long as you have a lead glass window in the front dangerous radiation won't escape.

If you used a beta emitter regular glass/plexi would work just fine.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Get one of them hilarious irradiatiors that are so powerful they create a cerenkov glow, I want my meat bathed in the ethereal blue of man made atomic hell.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Oh, a blue steak.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Good pastry dog :3:

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

...no pizza rules?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

how is this forum so terrible at recognizing shrimp

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Ror posted:

how is this forum so terrible at recognizing shrimp

We are all the failed attempts to make a shrimp identifying AI.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Does it burn when you pee after drinking that?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sigh

I guess I did know what this thread was when I bookmarked it

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Zil posted:

Does it burn when you pee after drinking that?

Ask BadlandsChugs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIrPT4HePR4&t=38s

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

https://twitter.com/irongrrlrock/status/1516304731987189762

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I genuinely just cannot imagine what that would taste like.

Also today I learned they still make sunny delight apparently.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Chemicals and sugar

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

OwlFancier posted:

Why wouldn't they? Would you rather drink purple stuff?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We used to have it when I was a kid but I haven't seen it in more than a decade, so I assumed they stopped making it, perhaps it stopped being sold here?

Fake E: apparently it turned a girl orange because of the carotene and is allegedly still sold but in a different formulation, I still can't say I've ever seen it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's blue raspberry stuff nowadays

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

OwlFancier posted:

We used to have it when I was a kid but I haven't seen it in more than a decade, so I assumed they stopped making it, perhaps it stopped being sold here?

Fake E: apparently it turned a girl orange because of the carotene and is allegedly still sold but in a different formulation, I still can't say I've ever seen it.

I assume that it's just because you aged out of drinking Sunny D, and can just drink beer when you and your bros are thirsty from playing beach volley ball. Their headquarters are here in Cincinnati, so whenever I'm in Blue Ash I see their logo ablaze on their tower.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

My literal job involves spending inordinate amounts of time looking at soft drinks in supermarkets. As I said it's possible it is sold but I just haven't seen it in years. Also I absolutely still drink things for children.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
In my head canon OwlFancier is about in the last percentile of people on this planet I could imagine playing beach volleyball with his bros

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Sunny D won the battle but the purple stuff won the war.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
If only they combined forces to become

Purple D

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LifeSunDeath posted:

If only they combined forces to become

Purple D

I'm pretty sure you can buy one of those at your friendly neighborhood adult bookstore.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Butterfly Valley posted:

In my head canon OwlFancier is about in the last percentile of people on this planet I could imagine playing beach volleyball with his bros

He seems more like a Capri Sun guy to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zcr6TMOGe0

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ugh, I reflexively cringed at that. I think Sunny D feels like the sweetest drink I've ever had, I didn't even like it as a kid because it was so sweet it made my throat hurt. I can't even imagine what straight up using it for a shrimp boil would even taste like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Captain Hygiene posted:

Ugh, I reflexively cringed at that. I think Sunny D feels like the sweetest drink I've ever had, I didn't even like it as a kid because it was so sweet it made my throat hurt. I can't even imagine what straight up using it for a shrimp boil would even taste like.

Yeah, I mean real orange juice is good in marinade for tough meats because the acids help break things down, but I don't think I would like that shrimp boil