Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dillbag posted:

I wouldn't waste that on a broke dick dog

huh\

http://i.imgur.com/OZtqOxq.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

wanna set a game there. what game? what purpose? who lievs and who dies

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

echinopsis posted:

wanna set a game there. what game? what purpose? who lievs and who dies

run a Darksun campaign with this canyon hidden somewhere in the sea of silt

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

wayfinder posted:

ice-t and his homebuoy

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

a c t u a l l y

crash data studies tell us that men cause more crashes per driver (within their population) due to riskier behavior whereas women overall tend to be involved in more crashes due to a much much higher proportion of women generating trips (almost twice as many and each tends to be longer on average; thanks, persistent gender roles) and therefore are on the road throughout the day, particularly during off-peak times

so yes it is in fact sexist bullshit that women are "worse drivers" you idiot

e:

in traffic engineering we call them crashes

b/c accident implies that they are all unpreventable acts of chance

Johns Hopkins did a study, that I quoted, that compared accident rates per million miles. Men crashed 5.1 times per million miles. Women crashed 5.7 times per same million miles. Now, I'm not debating why women tend to crash more frequently, or saying that they're worse drivers because of that. In fact I made it a point to state that men are overall more dangerous, worse drivers as we cause more fatal crashes per mile driven. They could have poorer visibility. It could be the other drivers at fault. It could be when they drive or whatever else. But that difference in accident rate per mile driven is a significant finding; 5.7 is over 10% more frequent.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

grandma
why

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

why is that a significant finding to you if you swear it doesn't mean anything

it's like a definition of 'i'm not sexist...but'

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Broken Machine posted:

Johns Hopkins did a study, that I quoted, that compared accident rates per million miles. Men crashed 5.1 times per million miles. Women crashed 5.7 times per same million miles. Now, I'm not debating why women tend to crash more frequently, or saying that they're worse drivers because of that. In fact I made it a point to state that men are overall more dangerous, worse drivers as we cause more fatal crashes per mile driven. They could have poorer visibility. It could be the other drivers at fault. It could be when they drive or whatever else. But that difference in accident rate per mile driven is a significant finding; 5.7 is over 10% more frequent.

maybe guys drive on highways more, and maybe highways have lower rates of accidents-per-mile-traveled? :shrug:

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

prefect posted:

maybe guys drive on highways more, and maybe highways have lower rates of accidents-per-mile-traveled? :shrug:

id bet its guys drive more miles but make less stops, women are fewer miles but more stops. the additional accidents are from parking lots, which are statistically one of the most dangerous places to drive, but the 'acidents' would be fender benders and bumper taps instead of wrapping around a lamppost at 80mph

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

wayfinder posted:

python can do this right out of the box

lol

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Palpek posted:

why is that a significant finding to you if you swear it doesn't mean anything

it's like a definition of 'i'm not sexist...but'

it's statistically significant given the size of the study; it involved many thousands of drivers over a long period of time (decades as I recall).

And yes, I am somewhat sexist, I prefer the company of women.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

yeah i guess im a big time sexist when it comes to sex partners huh :rolleyes::gb2gbs:

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
men crashed 5.1 times per million miles

women crashed 5.7 times per million miles

robots crashed 0.0 times per million miles

self-driving car supremacy

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Jonny 290 posted:

"smiling poop gender" is exactly nineteen characters just sayin

i've kept this name for so long but god drat this is tempting

in yospos kickstarter news:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cabinetentertainment/simon-stalenhags-tales-from-the-loop/

:toot:

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Necc0 posted:

i've kept this name for so long but god drat this is tempting

in yospos kickstarter news:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cabinetentertainment/simon-stalenhags-tales-from-the-loop/

:toot:
oh cool fistpumping that they made the 320k

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

isn't it normally "angel food" instead of "white"?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

prefect posted:

angel food and white are two different things much like devil's food and chocolate cake are

would've worked better with angel food cake mix, admittedly

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

prefect posted:

angel food is a certain type of cake, it's spongier and lighter than normal. It's a bit like cotton candy and not so good really.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
angel food owns you shut your whore mouth

red velvet can suck a d along with every other cream cheese based icing cake

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

how about a nice German chocolate cake

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Yodzilla posted:

angel food owns you shut your whore mouth

red velvet can suck a d along with every other cream cheese based icing cake
my mom used to make angel food cake from cheap mixes when i was a kid, kinda soured on it but it definitely has an appeal over stock-standard white cake with white icing

red velvet is overrated but cream cheese icings are better than rich white and chocolate icings at least, but i'd take carrot cake anyday

best frosting is the not-very-sweet whipped kind with a bit of cocoa mixed in for flavor/colour

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kenny Logins posted:

angel food and white are two different things much like devil's food and chocolate cake are

would've worked better with angel food cake mix, admittedly

devil's food and chocolate cakes are different? :wth:

also, best frosting is the stuff they use to make roses and fancy decorations with :yum:

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

goddammit guys now i want cake

i'm trying to lose weight here, gently caress

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

prefect posted:

devil's food and chocolate cakes are different? :wth:
devil's food cake is lighter and more moist than chocolate, not quite in the same way angel food is to white but that's where the name comes from

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ol qwerty bastard posted:

goddammit guys now i want cake

i'm trying to lose weight here, gently caress

i still remember a childhood dream i had where i was in some kind of "romper room" with a bunch of other kids, and somebody brought in a cake that was made entirely of frosting. it was orange, and almost seemed like it was illuminated from inside

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 WARP
I hate cake and think its some bullshit.

Pie is where it's at.

we served pie at our wedding and heard 0 complaints and much rejoicing.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

my friend served cupcakes at his wedding; they were the best cupcakes i've ever tasted and later he told me they were gluten-free, so i can only assume there was some black magic involved

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jonny 290 posted:

Pie is where it's at.

cake and pie are both wonderful, and there's no reason to pit them against each other

e: pumpkin pie best pie

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

Pie is where it's at.

ol qwerty bastard posted:

my friend served cupcakes at his wedding; they were the best cupcakes i've ever tasted and later he told me they were gluten-free, so i can only assume there was some black magic involved
we did nice cupcakes in a few different flavors (red velvet, carrot, chocolate) as well as having a small wedding cake (red velvet with field berries mixed into the frosting/layering). we also had the caterer provide peach cobbler and chocolate mousse

all bases covered

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
i made this http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/feb/01/oranges-and-lemons-cake-zest-recipes-ruby-tandoh over the weekend and it was lovely

i don't know why i find baking so much more satisfying than other forms of cooking (other than the obvious, that at the end of it i have lovely lovely cake)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 WARP

goddamnedtwisto posted:

i made this http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/feb/01/oranges-and-lemons-cake-zest-recipes-ruby-tandoh over the weekend and it was lovely

i don't know why i find baking so much more satisfying than other forms of cooking (other than the obvious, that at the end of it i have lovely lovely cake)

baking is chill and basically challenges your ability to follow instructions and measure. i like it too, but we don't have an oven so I haven't done any in a year or so.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

goddamnedtwisto posted:

baking (whether baked goods or meats) is more scientific to me than pan-frying or grilling which is more of an art. agreed it's satisfying, maybe just seems less hectic because careful measurement and planning pays off while you sit back and wait for the baking magic to happen

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
i post a dumb twitter joke and and all you fatass nerds can talk about is cakes and pies

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

the great thing about baking is that once you put it in the oven, you're done, so you can go get baked yourself in time for the food to be ready

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

ty for this. am i missing anything?

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

'wealth creator' = 'piss wizard'

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

baking is chill and basically challenges your ability to follow instructions and measure. i like it too, but we don't have an oven so I haven't done any in a year or so.

if you want a challenge you could get a cast iron dutch oven and see what all you can make in it, which is a surprisingly large amount of things

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kuvo posted:

ty for this. am i missing anything?

"SJW" -> "skeleton"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

mad.radhu posted:

if you want a challenge you could get a cast iron dutch oven and see what all you can make in it, which is a surprisingly large amount of things

like a fart

• Locked thread