Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Dammit, you people are gonna make me try to Manhattan again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VDay posted:

Man what a loving ending to that season finale on Manhattan. Is there a combination of :( and :stare: that I can use?
Boy, wait until you find out what they do with the bombs.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
The great thing about The 100 is even if you spoil something, there are like thirty cases of whiplash left to experience.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's like playing Frogger.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Pan Dulce posted:

I feel like Emmys and Golden Globes never actually reflect what show and which actor/actress did their particular genre the best.

Kind of wish SomethingAwful could have its own form of awards. Y'all picked out The 100 and Banshee and those are amazing shows (still haven't gotten around to Z-Nation).

I ran something like that for a couple of years but skipped it this year because a.) I couldn't carry the amount of work it usually takes this year, and b.) at the risk of sounding whiny, nobody seemed to give a poo poo anyway.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

feedmyleg posted:

Is the Dead Zone TV show worth watching he asks, expecting the answer no?

It's a pretty good show, but then the showrunner died and Anthony Michael Hall takes over and it goes to poo poo. The first 4 seasons are definitely good though.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why are people not going ape poo poo about Luther starting season 4..... ?

Unfuck that, dudes... It's Luther!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah I have that DVR'd but man I got a lot of shows to watch. I did like how the showrunner said he'll keep making Luther every year until they're both using canes.

Also The Librarians got renewed and Legends got canceled.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So, lemme guess, the new Syfy shows are only on their website for streaming and they are loaded with commercials.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Boy, wait until you find out what they do with the bombs.

wgn sold all the bombs to iran

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

You probably can't even access them there unless you have a cable sub.

You always have the option of buying them outright.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bull3964 posted:

You probably can't even access them there unless you have a cable sub.

You always have the option of buying them outright.

Yeah I could get them on iTunes I guess, are they 13 episode orders? Those usually cost about $15.

But do I risk getting into the very expensive scifi cable show only to have the obvious and inevitable happen...

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Well, the first episode of the expanse is free right now so you can try it out.

Childhood's End is a limited miniseries. There will only be 6 episodes. They've been running two a night, it finishes tonight.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I wondering if the 100 would be a bigger show if they went as crazy as it is now right from the start rather then the CWish show it is in the first episode

ufarn
May 30, 2009
It felt a bit like a cheap-ish Stargate show for the first few episodes, but then it basically feels completely unencumbered by the budget after that. One thing that stuck out is that the caves don't look like poo poo, which is usually the case for shows that struggle with their budgets.

There's also a reason to shoot in the forrest, which is normally what shows just do, when their budget is in the toilet.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Early season 1 of the 100 felt like it was gonna be a really generic cross between Terra Nova and Lost, with a splash of wishing it was Battlestar Galactica.

Season 2 of The 100 is the scifi event of the decade.

That ending, holy poo poo.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I forgot BSG was last decade. Time does fly.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Snak posted:

Early season 1 of the 100 felt like it was gonna be a really generic cross between Terra Nova and Lost, with a splash of wishing it was Battlestar Galactica.

Season 2 of The 100 is the scifi event of the decade.

That ending, holy poo poo.

Yeah, it was advertised as pretty teens having Lost/drama adventures and initially looked a lot like that for about 2 episodes and then the show started going bonkers.

I bet there's still a ton of people who would be into it that wrote it off as a cheesy pretty teens CW show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's still a cheesy pretty teens CW show on top of the cool stuff happening.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

GreenNight posted:

Yeah I have that DVR'd but man I got a lot of shows to watch. I did like how the showrunner said he'll keep making Luther every year until they're both using canes.

Also The Librarians got renewed and Legends got canceled.

Is The Librarians any less unwatchable this season? The first season was baaaaaaad.

IRQ posted:

Yeah, it was advertised as pretty teens having Lost/drama adventures and initially looked a lot like that for about 2 episodes and then the show started going bonkers.

I bet there's still a ton of people who would be into it that wrote it off as a cheesy pretty teens CW show.

The teen drama bullshit went on for a good while and combined with the boring spaceship drama bullshit really turned me off the show, although I'm wondering now if I must have checked out right before it made a real turn into the show I actually wanted to watch.

Fine, IRQ, you win, I'll watch the show while everything else is on winter hiatus. :colbert:

raditts fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Dec 16, 2015

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

raditts posted:

Is The Librarians any less unwatchable this season? The first season was baaaaaaad.

It's still extremely corny but I enjoy this season more because all the setup stuff is done.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Mu Zeta posted:

It's still a cheesy pretty teens CW show on top of the cool stuff happening.

like pretty much every other 'new" CW show, it seems to be the last one that really got hit with the pretty teens off the bat however.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My TV backlog right now is dire.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I've just been dropping shows left and right to be honest at this point.

I'm hoping to maybe get Homeland done for the past two seasons during the break over Christmas

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

My backlog is pretty bad right now too, but at the same time I had a ton of stuff that finished for the whole season and not nearly as much stuff replacing it in the spring. So, there's opportunity to catch up.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's my own fault, I leave slow burn serialized shows like Fargo, the Knick and Leftovers to binge at once but they all happened to end at about the same time.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zoux posted:

So, lemme guess, the new Syfy shows are only on their website for streaming and they are loaded with commercials.
nope on both counts. its syfy though so i have confidence you will find another flimsy reason not to watch

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Whether or not I watch something isn't a huge internal debate for me.

So where's it streaming then, cool guy.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If here anybody figures out how to watch a tv show on the internet please share their technique, I'd like to get in on this too.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh you mean pirate the show.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zoux posted:

Oh you mean pirate the show.

idk what your weirdo issue even is. it's streaming on syfy's site. there are no ads. you have a stick up your rear end about a networks website and then you pout when someone gives you an alternative (*gasp!* Piracy???:ohdear:) Get over yourself. Watch whatever you want, however you want, because it is very simple to do so and you should not need to be hand held through the process.

NOTE: I have adblock enabled maybe that is why I saw no ads. Maybe install one.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

Fine, IRQ, you win, I'll watch the show while everything else is on winter hiatus. :colbert:

Maybe you wanna take a look at Z Nation too ehhhhhhhh?

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

IRQ posted:

Maybe you wanna take a look at Z Nation too ehhhhhhhh?

This guy knows what's up.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

sbaldrick posted:

I wondering if the 100 would be a bigger show if they went as crazy as it is now right from the start rather then the CWish show it is in the first episode
I think the show might've been written specifically for the CW if looking at a draft of the pilot. I think the pilot was shot a year before it went to series too. Also the creator got paired with a seasoned showrunner for the first season, so I imagine in that year-long interval, Mark Pedowitz was probably going over the network and probably had a bit of a hand in The 100 becoming what it is now rather than what the pilot was, on top of Rothenberg and his co-runner probably getting more time to plot out the first season and flesh out what the show should become.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Did any episodes of the Coach reboot get shoot, asking for a friend.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

sbaldrick posted:

Did any episodes of the Coach reboot get shoot, asking for a friend.

Supposedly one, and it was bad enough the production self-terminated.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kaizoku posted:

Supposedly one, and it was bad enough the production self-terminated.

I really wish all the networks would release annual PILOT SEASON BluRays that was just the year's rejected pilots. For a bonus feature you can choose to listen to each episode with either cast/crew commentary or network exec commentary.

Or have the Pilots be like an added benefit of paying for a Hulu subscription or something. i know most of them are TERRIBLE but I have a morbid curiosity about the ones that don't make it.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Dec 16, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Whether or not I watch something isn't a huge internal debate for me.

So where's it streaming then, cool guy.

The first episode of The Expanse is/was up on Youtube on their official channel and it didn't have any ads.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
if you ain't pirating TV you a straight bish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I really wish all the networks would release annual PILOT SEASON BluRays that was just the year's rejected pilots. For a bonus feature you can choose to listen to each episode with either cast/crew commentary or network exec commentary.

Or have the Pilots be like an added benefit of paying for a Hulu subscription or something. i know most of them are TERRIBLE but I have a morbid curiosity about the ones that don't make it.

Nothing will ever beat the pilot for the US version of the IT Crowd

• Locked thread