Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Illusionis posted:

Hals flips says it's the ability to use 2 ethic abilities at once, not 2 personality abilities.

oh wait hold on let me check what I got sent after Hal's death

The ability I received (which to be fair is just based on somebody's personality, not a straight copy) is to perform two actions in a night. So yeah! Two kills on Night 4, potentially! Wild!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

You did say it earlier.

Oh yeah I mean I didn't explicitly say "hey I can kill twice on night 4" because like. There is no worse ability for me to have while under suspicion! And yet I have it!

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

I'm not self-hammering, you have to own this town kill. Or you could swerve to Yami, who I am more and more convinced is scum!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Holy crap... I actually checked Hal's personality ability after you said that and was like "Oh hey, at least GW got an entirely useless ability from her kill if she is actually scum.", so I didn't bring it up. But if it was modified to give her that...

I'm sorry, Green Wing, but I don't feel comfortable leaving this in the hands of someone I strongly suspect is at least 3P, if not scum. ##vote Green Wing

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

I mean or Idle I guess. I guess I could vote Idle.

I'm certain that no swerve will happen I'm just saying there are other options :v:

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Green Wing (6): SporkChan, Yami Fenrir, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Illusionis, Tired Moritz, Cloacamazing!
Idle Amalgam (2): saladscooper, My Second Re-Reg
Yami Fenrir (1): saladscooper, saladscooper, My Second Re-Reg, Green Wing, My Second Re-Reg
My Second Re-Reg (0): Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, saladscooper, saladscooper
Tired Moritz (0): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir

Not Voting (2): b-minus1, Hyper Crab Tank

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 04th, 2022 at 6 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 53 minutes.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sanction after sanction and endless resolutions cannot stem the flow of blood. An empire composed of semi-autonomous drones is caught red handed assimilating the citizens of another. Although their motives may have been pure the galactic community must be respected.

Green Wing, Iribot Assimilators (Town-aligned) has been destroyed Day 3.

quote:

Iribot Assimilators (Town-aligned).

You are a rogue catalogue index that has long since assimilated your organic creators into the network.

You win when all threats to Town are eliminated.

Starting Ethics
Gestalt Consciousness: Your empire is controlled by a collective intelligence. All inhabitants of your empire are simply drones of the central hivemind, giving you internal surveillance capabilities that are the envy of authoritarian regimes across the galaxy.

Personality
Driven Assimilators: Your empire is controlled by a machine intelligence and believes assimilation of all intelligent life to be the best path towards galactic harmony.

On even nights, as an action, you may attempt to kill one other player. If successful you will slowly absorb their population, gaining a one shot ability based on their personality.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Another clandestine military intervention has led to the downfall of one of the galaxy’s most prestigious machine intelligences. The central mainframe destroyed on their homeworld and their colonies populated only with deactivated drones, they stand still and lifeless like memorials to their own civilisation’s destruction.

saladscooper, Model-16 Grid (Town-aligned) has been destroyed Night 3.

quote:

Model-16 Grid (Town-aligned).

You are a network of linked semi-autonomous artificial intelligences. Your empire consists of synthetic drones controlled by this centralised conciousness.

You win when all threats to Town are eliminated.

Starting Ethics
Gestalt Consciousness: Your empire is controlled by a collective intelligence. All inhabitants of your empire are simply drones of the central hivemind, giving you internal surveillance capabilities that are the envy of authoritarian regimes across the galaxy.

Personality
Machine Intelligence: Your empire is controlled by a central machine intelligence. While you have a deep mistrust of organic life you desire only to live in peace.

At the end of each night you may choose one player who targeted you. You will receive a one shot ability based on their action.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (9): b-minus1, Cloacamazing!, Hyper Crab Tank, Idle Amalgam, Illusionis, My Second Re-Reg, SporkChan, Tired Moritz, Yami Fenrir

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 07th, 2022 at 7 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
... so all the gestalt consciousnesses were town. loving hell.

Yami, before we do anything else, please confirm on your end what was done last night.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I was roleblocked.

As in, specifically a roleblock. I have a oneshot of it now.

Considering this is a spiritualist ability, I assume this is MSRR's doing?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Nope.

I blocked Spork.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Huh. Anyone feel like owning up to it, then?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

I would like one more person to own up. They don't have to say what they did, but I would like to know who it was. This sounds cryptic, but the person in question knows who they are.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Nope.

I blocked Spork.

Actually, why spork? And not, say, me?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Actually, why spork? And not, say, me?

You had already claimed you were going to do the Bus Drive to HCT, so the odds of you doing the NK were a lot more slim. Spork has mostly flown under the radar, so if anybody was the least likely to be targeted by somebody else's roleblock, I figured it would be them.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

My Second Re-Reg posted:

You had already claimed you were going to do the Bus Drive to HCT, so the odds of you doing the NK were a lot more slim. Spork has mostly flown under the radar, so if anybody was the least likely to be targeted by somebody else's roleblock, I figured it would be them.

Right, that makes sense.

I remember someone questioning me over that exact same logic tho, but I don't remember if it was you or not

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
anyone else thinking hct asking to be driven is some kind of maf play?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Hmmm

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Nope.

I blocked Spork.

Can confirm. I tried to watch IA, but was blocked.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Before we get too deep into the day, I was thinking about stuff over night.

Yami:

You think I'm scum. I think you're scum. But if we are both not scum, like more and more of the rest of the crowd seems to be thinking, maybe it would behoove us to put aside yelling at each other - at least this for game day - and instead focusing on one of the other people you and I are both fairly convinced are scum.

I feel like we have crossover when it comes to suspecting b-minus, IA, and Spork; I promise I won't start a slapfight or call you scum and instead focus on those three if you're ok with doing the same?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Also HCT using a flavor argument to get GW executed?? Mmmm

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Before we get too deep into the day, I was thinking about stuff over night.

Yami:

You think I'm scum. I think you're scum. But if we are both not scum, like more and more of the rest of the crowd seems to be thinking, maybe it would behoove us to put aside yelling at each other - at least this for game day - and instead focusing on one of the other people you and I are both fairly convinced are scum.

I feel like we have crossover when it comes to suspecting b-minus, IA, and Spork; I promise I won't start a slapfight or call you scum and instead focus on those three if you're ok with doing the same?

I'll give it some thought.

What are you thinking about TM right now? I'm not a big fan of how they're rolling in immediately throwing shade.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

Also HCT using a flavor argument to get GW executed?? Mmmm

It was not a flavor argument, it was a mechanics argument. It was incorrect, but dude, there were six people on that vote, most of them before I said anything about it. And you were one of them!

I'd like to repeat my question above. Someone took a significant action last night. I already know what it was. I understand why you wouldn't want to admit to it, but you might also see why it might be a good idea for you to. If you trust me, anyway.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Yami Fenrir posted:

I'll give it some thought.

What are you thinking about TM right now? I'm not a big fan of how they're rolling in immediately throwing shade.

No, but TM was also one of the few people along with me yesterday not interested in yeeting out GW; I'm not unconvinced TM is scum, and if you and I don't spend today yelling at each other I can find the time to go do a proper read, but there is a part of me that can't help but wonder if he's like me and just doesn't agree with you, and that gets your Yami Senses tingling.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

It was not a flavor argument, it was a mechanics argument. It was incorrect, but dude, there were six people on that vote, most of them before I said anything about it. And you were one of them!

I'd like to repeat my question above. Someone took a significant action last night. I already know what it was. I understand why you wouldn't want to admit to it, but you might also see why it might be a good idea for you to. If you trust me, anyway.

actually, no. I didn't put a vote on GW until you whipped out that mechanic/flavor argument, sorry. I REMEMBER, because I overslept because I was hmming and hawing over that.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Actually, thinking about it, it might be best if we all full claimed. This is probably LYLO.

Unless someone has objections to that?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Yami Fenrir posted:

Huh. Anyone feel like owning up to it, then?

That was me. I figured since GW flipped town, Yami might be scum and was hoping I'd prevent the nightkill. Looks like I picked the wrong target.

With that much out, might as well fullclaim, for all the good it does. My starting ethics are Fanatic Xenophile and Spiritualist. Flavor text says I'm a theocracy, hence the Great Baby Seal Space Jesus.

My personal action is that I can give my vote to another player and receive +1 loved the next day, or steal somebody's vote and receive +1 hated. The hate is public, as in, votefinder would display a vote on me. In both cases, the player would be aware their vote was given/stolen, but not that I did it.

Basically, I'm a roleblocker/ doublevoter, which makes it kind of hilarious that my first two actions were blocked. I tried to give Maerlyn my vote on N1, since she had used her doublevote to save me and I figured we'd both come under fire the next day. N2 I attempted to jail binus and steal Moritz vote, but was blocked. N3 I successfully blocked Yami.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Actually, thinking about it, it might be best if we all full claimed. This is probably LYLO.

I don't.

In fact, I kinda need to.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

actually, no. I didn't put a vote on GW until you whipped out that mechanic/flavor argument, sorry. I REMEMBER, because I overslept because I was hmming and hawing over that.

That's what I meant. Like, you can't go "yes I am convinced by this, *vote*" and the next day come back with "I can't believe HCT did this". We were all pretty drat convinced GW was scum, and it sucks that she wasn't but you thought so too. Don't pin that on me.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
im completely fine with that because my role is really really funny now that it proc

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Yami Fenrir posted:

Nope.

I am a pacifist, spiritualist, xenophile

I've taken 0 night actions as I've tried to play this game like normal mafia, sick flavor and mechanics aside.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

im completely fine with that because my role is really really funny now that it proc

What does this mean?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

What does this mean?

Proc stands for Programmed Random Occurrence

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Actually it's for "procedure" (spec_proc, "special procedure"). I used to write MUD code back in the day.

But you know that's not what I asked.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
... Moritz.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I'm a fanatic xenophile/materialist. Used to be the other way around but I ethic swapped out of it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
i mean, it's exactly what I said. my power is basically "you get booned and your chances increase the longer you lived". and I finally got it, so woo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Please clarify your statement for the rest of the class.