Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

bpc908 posted:

Super Hang-On 3D is now on the eshop for 3DS, so if you ever wanted to live out your fantasy of being a rebel biker Cameraman, now is your chance

Is Super Hang-On the one where when you beat the game your driver is revealed to be an old guy with a beard smoking a pipe? That's basically the only thing I remember about that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Random person to Kan on Twitter

- I'm saving about 100 games for when I'm old and retired. So for the time being, I'm going to do my best, take care of myself, and look forward to it.

Kan responds:

- Our company has about 1,500 games. We'll be waiting for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0PJYqzht3s

"Have no fears, we have episodes for years!"

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The (unconfirmed) broadcast schedule for the year-end marathon and first new episode of 2014.

12/31 - 12:00~13:00 #160 - Blaster Master

12/31 - 13:00~14:00 #161 - Derby Stallion

12/31 - 14:00~15:00 #162 - Super Donkey Kong 2 (1/3)

12/31 - 15:00~16:00 #163 - Super Donkey Kong 2 (2/3)

12/31 - 16:00~17:00 #164 - Super Donkey Kong 2 (3/3)

12/31 - 17:00~18:00 #165 - Dragonball Z Super Budoten

12/31 - 18:00~19:00 #166 - Shadow of the Ninja

12/31 - 19:00~19:59 #167 - Skykid

12/31 - 19:59~20:58 #168 - Yuu Yuu Hakusho

12/31 - 20:58~21:57 #169 - Rocky Rodent

12/31 - 21:57~22:56 #170 - Aigina's Prophecy (1/2)

12/31 - 22:56~23:55 #171 - Aigina's Prophecy (2/2)

12/31 - 23:55~00:05 SP12 - Game Center CX Bridging the Year Special

01/01 - 00:05~02:05 SP13 - Game Center CX Arino's Challenge in Budokan

01/01 - 02:05~04:05 SP11 Game Center CX in Paris ~Arino Challenges Japan Expo~

01/01 - 04:05~14:00 Undecided (Arino's Top 10?)

01/10 - 00:00~01:00 #172 - Document- Arino's Challenge in Budokan (Plan)

bdr9
Mar 19, 2013
Looks like the Retro Game Master USA Facebook page is almost at 3000 likes. I think Arino is supposed to post a message when that happens.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
Just found out my Game Center CX panels were accepted for a local con in January. I need help compiling images, information and video to inform the masses about this awesome show. I could use all the help I can get.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Kakaricho posted:

The (unconfirmed) broadcast schedule for the year-end marathon and first new episode of 2014.

I wish the stream still existed. :sigh:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Introducing...

The official website of SA-GCCX!

This is a project I've slowly been working away on but now's the time to make it public.

The website aims to solve a few problems. Firstly it creates an offsite avenue for the release of content which is always handy if there ever happens to be an issue with Something Awful or the forum is closed to non-members. I've also sought permission from Clover and VR-GCCX and their content will be hosted there too (they'll receive proper and full credit).

This will also make management easier. As you can see in the screenshot further down there's a fully up to date and easily searchable episode guide with links to the subbed content (nothing licensed). Each episode will also hopefully have a direct download, a torrent and an embed of the episode itself on its respective page.

Then there's discoverability. Each episode has been sorted into a category and attached to a developer and system. I've even gone through every episode and attached tags representing each segment that appears in it so if you want to see every episode that featured Famicom Manga Café then it's only a couple of clicks away. I've even written descriptions for every episode that describe the challenge and segments but purposefully kept it vague as not to spoil anything.

Plus there's a full search function, a schedule of upcoming events related to the show, and Random Stranger wrote a little about section for the group and the show itself. I should probably mention that zari-gani was the one who designed that awesome logo as well.

It's also worth mentioning that the entire website is responsive which, in case you haven't been keeping up with the latest web development trends, means that the site will automatically adjust its content to fit the size of the screen you're viewing it on. No more pinch to zoom.

So, why isn't it already live? Well, the fact I had the spare time to make the site in the first place probably speaks to my employment status which also speaks to my lack of funds.

If you'd like to see this website up as soon as possible and would like to donate to the cause then please PM me. Any funds received will solely be used for the registration of domains, hosting of the website or the episodes themselves and any ancillary costs related directly to the running of the site.

Here's some more screenshots to tide you over in the meantime.

The episode guide as it looks on a desktop vs mobile:

An episode page as it looks on mobile:

A page showing all of the latest episodes:

And lastly, a gif showing how embedding will work:

EDIT: Edit episodes will automatically be tweeted by @SAGCCX and an RSS feed has been added as well.

Mister Chief fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Nov 30, 2013

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
That, my good man, is some excellent webdesign. Well done!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Amazing work Mister Chief.

I'm jonesing for a link to get it in my bookmarks already.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
GCCX in the west has come such a long way since the first TV-Nihon translations. :allears:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Will there be an RSS feed so I can be sure I never miss a release? Not that I probably will since I have this thread bookmarked, but you know.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I haven't built one but I did register a twitter account that will automatically tweet when there is a new release.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

PureRok posted:

Will there be an RSS feed so I can be sure I never miss a release? Not that I probably will since I have this thread bookmarked, but you know.

An RSS feed would be nice. Unfortunately the formatting on torrent titles/episode file names isn't very good so you aren't able to create an RSS that will automatically detect and download new releases via nyaa, which is something I like to do.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

If there's enough of a demand I should be able to add an RSS feed. I just don't know how much use that would be for members here, seems more like something non-members would want.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

If there's enough of a demand I should be able to add an RSS feed. I just don't know how much use that would be for members here, seems more like something non-members would want.

I don't actually visit this thread all that often. I'd probably check it more regularly if there was an RSS feed telling me about every new release. Not to be too demanding, but a new releases feed that can be plugged into a torrent client would be ideal. I don't actually know what needs to be done on your end to make that work, though.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I love the look of the site, very clean :)

I would like an RSS feed just because it's one more thing I have beamed directly into my face that I don't have to use any effort to check for updates or whatever :v:

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I get roughly 99.9% of my news through RSS and don't use Twitter. Having all news, announcements and releases delivered through a single service is something I value and I believe I'm not the only one who thinks so.

The page looks fantastic, btw.

vvv

If I subscribe to a new content provider it usually sends me the 10 most recent items.

jyrque fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Nov 30, 2013

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

How many recent items does an RSS feed typically have?

Mister Chief fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Nov 30, 2013

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Does that look right? Ignore the temp URLs and the lack of <link> tags for the torrents themselves.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Katana Gomai posted:

I wish the stream still existed. :sigh:

I actually posted this thinking "Maybe someone with a stream they're keeping secret will benefit!" That said, only the Bridging the Year and Budokan specials are new, the rest are repeats.

Mister Chief posted:

And lastly, a gif showing how embedding will work:

"Work used as a sample gif", I'm adding that to my resume! Site looks great, hope you can get all the issues worked out.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Kakaricho posted:

01/01 - 04:05~14:00 Undecided (Arino's Top 10?)

!!

Please be older episodes, please be older episodes, please be older episodes...

re: streaming, no promises but I'll see what I can do.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

aers posted:

!!

Please be older episodes, please be older episodes, please be older episodes...

re: streaming, no promises but I'll see what I can do.

It'll likely be the "Arino's Top 10" that aired on BS Sky Perfect a few months ago. If I recall correctly, the oldest episode was #116, Tower of Babylon. 

bdr9
Mar 19, 2013
If any of these episodes only have low quality raws available, this may be a good opportunity to record higher quality raws.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The RSS feed is up and running. I tested it in uTorrent but it seems to display the items in alphabetical order as opposed to date but I have no idea if that actually matters.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
Great job!

All we need now would be a new episode to see if it really works ;-)

bdr9
Mar 19, 2013
I don't think this was mentioned in this thread. I saw it in the VR-GCCX discussion on 4chan.

Apparently this was at the end of the Paris special. Are they saying that Arino will come to New York next year? That would be amazing!

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

bdr9 posted:

Apparently this was at the end of the Paris special. Are they saying that Arino will come to New York next year? That would be amazing!

Usually at the end of a trip episode, the King says where they'd like to go to next -- it's not an actual plan. For example, at the end of GCCX in USA, the King says "next time we're going to Africa".

Speaking of the Paris special, stay tuned...

Thanks to Mister Chief for that incredible website. That came out of nowhere and I was floored when I first saw a glimpse of it.

I just finished doing another thing for Gascoin Company. I hope it'll go public sooner than later, because I think you guys will like it.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Dec 1, 2013

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Mister Chief posted:

Introducing...

This looks great. The posters in this thread are such cool people. :unsmith:

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Kakaricho posted:

It'll likely be the "Arino's Top 10" that aired on BS Sky Perfect a few months ago. If I recall correctly, the oldest episode was #116, Tower of Babylon. 

Oh. I already recorded/upped all of those. Still hoping for something different.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

zari-gani posted:

Speaking of the Paris special, stay tuned...

My body is ready for two hours of Arino in France! (although I saw the RAW, it's just not the same.)

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Guys, this folder is so great. The colours look fantastic on the plastic.

I wish it was part of their regular line-up of merch and not just a promo item. Maybe they'll make it more available?

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

drat, that thing looks amazing.

Here are season twelve direct download links folks. Season one to ten are here and season eleven is here.

Xik fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 4, 2013

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

I sent Gascoin Company some goonmade champagne-flavored candies from Raley's Confectionary as a Christmas gift (they say "thank you" on them), and they sent me a photo in return! If any of you have ordered from Raley's before (and if you haven't, you should), I thought you might get a kick out of this.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
That's great.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

I sent Gascoin Company some goonmade champagne-flavored candies from Raley's Confectionary as a Christmas gift (they say "thank you" on them), and they sent me a photo in return! If any of you have ordered from Raley's before (and if you haven't, you should), I thought you might get a kick out of this.

I like that they put Watanabe in a shot with food, good stuff.

I also like that you can see part of the wall of games in the background.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Haha, that's brilliant.

I actually thought the thread was locked for a while, but I guess we were just all tapped out from GCCX there. Any ETA on new releases while we're waiting for the holidays?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

On sale soon: Hello Kacho

4000 yen, 18cm tall.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Azazell0 posted:

Haha, that's brilliant.

I actually thought the thread was locked for a while, but I guess we were just all tapped out from GCCX there. Any ETA on new releases while we're waiting for the holidays?

There's stuff in the pipeline but things have gotten really busy and chaotic for everyone. Such is life sometimes.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

zari-gani posted:

On sale soon: Hello Kacho

4000 yen, 18cm tall.

*swear words*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

zari-gani posted:

I sent Gascoin Company some goonmade champagne-flavored candies from Raley's Confectionary as a Christmas gift

This was a wonderful idea and I've decided to order from them now. Thanks!