Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Cicero posted:

I actually prefer "Queklain no Vengeant".

The Magical Realm of Tir na Nog - Escape From Necron 7: Revenge of Cuchulainn - The Official Game of the Movie: Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa: Queklain no Vengeant

Just keep adding poo poo to the end. By the time the game is released I want 75% of the game's filesize to come from a .txt that contains its full title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
The current title length is already scraping the limits on good humour. Any longer and it becomes tedious instead of funny.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Queklain no Vengeant is actually the original Japanese title, and more importantly, the correct title. Who even localizes this stuff?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Dauntasa posted:

The Magical Realm of Tir na Nog - Escape From Necron 7: Revenge of Cuchulainn - The Official Game of the Movie: Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa: Queklain no Vengeant

Just keep adding poo poo to the end. By the time the game is released I want 75% of the game's filesize to come from a .txt that contains its full title.

Queklain no Vengeant is "Revenge of Cuchulainn" in broken English, using the Final Fantasy pronunciation as opposed to the conventional Kūhūrin. :ssh:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I played this at PAX and nerded out with the developers and got a real live wizard to tell me my future. Game of the show.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

AnonSpore posted:

Queklain no Vengeant is "Revenge of Cuchulainn" in broken English, using the Final Fantasy pronunciation as opposed to the conventional Kūhūrin. :ssh:

I don't see the problem. Also, it appears just fine.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Hmm, apparently only about 60 people did the live CC at pax, and whole lot more played the game.

I'm disappointed at this ratio.

This was because the ToG booth was mistaken by many as a maintenance closet and the ToG staff was mistaken as the janitorial staff, so people just ran past it.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

So uh if you met a real live wizard at PAX you should check your email and also hope you have your magical receipt because I got a frightening message

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Oh, did the release date get pushed back? I was under the impression you were planning for Christmas 2013, but I was wondering how realistic that goal was once the stretch goals started rolling in.

I'd like to know this, too. Real talk, or internet facetiousness on the internet? Nobody knows.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 10, 2013

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

BiggerJ posted:

I'd like to know this, too. Real talk, or internet facetiousness on the internet? Nobody knows.

I think I saw another interview with Chef somewhere recently that pegged the game coming out late next year. I'm okay with the delay if it means you guys get to make the game you've dreamed of. You've earned some slack.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Akbar posted:

I think I saw another interview with Chef somewhere recently that pegged the game coming out late next year. I'm okay with the delay if it means you guys get to make the game you've dreamed of. You've earned some slack.

But you can't ever trust any interview because it could actually be the kickstarter interview.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Akbar posted:

Please don't encourage slacking to ToGsters, they are lazy enough as is, heh.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Gortarius posted:

Please don't encourage slacking to ToGsters, they are lazy enough as is, heh.

This is true.

We never had a specific release date, though. In the little prize selection box, Kickstarter makes you enter a date the project will be released, which is where I guess people are getting the December '13 number from - because at the time we were making this game with the $35k goal in mind and thought a December release would be reasonable. But we got about 3 times that amount, and so the game is much larger (and better!!!) so it'll come out later. I'm not really sure when, it's obviously still pretty far away, but things have been flying lately. So yeah, I don't actually know when the game is coming out, when it's done and we're happy with it I guess, but definitely not this year. But yeah, as you can see from the PAX footage and everything, the game is turning out well, 4 of us are working on it full-time and we've got a lot of other dudes (like Gortarius up there) working part-time.

I wish someone had taken footage of the wizard booth, because the work Gortarius did on character creation was really the star of the PAX show.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I had the privilege of playing a slightly updated version of the PAX demo at a local game developer conference, where FrankieSmileShow made an awesome presentation, and from my limited time with the game I can say that it's going to be very fun and challenging(in a good way) to play. The monsters were all awesome and different, the weapons were crazy... I've had a lot of insider knowledge due to my association with the Frankster, but I was still very impressed with how polished it all seems, even though the demo represents maybe 2% of the final game's scope.

Take it from me, an obvious shill a long-time gamer, this game is gonna rule.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I'm only looking forward to two computer games - this, and Dark Souls 2.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Gortarius posted:

I don't want to bother you with stupid bullshit, but can you tell us what you liked and disliked the most about character creation (and the demo)? I'm always trying to improve and fix up CC and it has stagnated inside ToG'sters so much that we need some outside people telling us how awful it really is.

While I haven't had a chance to play with B2 unfortunately, I will say that not enough games give you checkbox options for gender, in case this feature doesn't already exist.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

Boten Anna posted:

While I haven't had a chance to play with B2 unfortunately, I will say that not enough games give you checkbox options for gender, in case this feature doesn't already exist.

It does. It's in the kickstarter video even.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Will you be able to be as well armed as Gilbert Arenas in this game?

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Line Feed posted:

Oh god that pixel art is so good. Serious props to your artist. Also I noticed you guys have some clipping issues in the PAX build?
Yeah as said above, everything was doing fine, and that clipping bug just popped up the hours before PAX and wouldn't go away in time. But on the whole, it's a pre-pre-alpha, and at this point the game is actually surprisingly bug-free for being such an early version of such a complex game. That bug was just a shame because it's very visual so people notice it very quickly.

quote:

This was because the ToG booth was mistaken by many as a maintenance closet and the ToG staff was mistaken as the janitorial staff, so people just ran past it.
This however does not mean the official ToG suits should be reconsidered. Keep calm and ToG on.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 13, 2013

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

bloodynose posted:

It does. It's in the kickstarter video even.

I knew there was a reason I donated that much money to this project. Besides the body pillow.

Stardunk
Jan 19, 2009
#WOW #COOL #SOFRANKIE

Tales of Game's says:
Pixel wiz @FrancisCoulombe is working his magic on stream right now, check it out - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/frankiesmile

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt
Someone over at PC Gamer just hosed up big time, on their list of The 50 best free PC games they accidentally put Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden as "10" instead of "01". I've sent them quite a few emails about this goof but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

They must have guessed, once or twice - guessed and refused to believe - that everything, always, collectively, had been moving toward that purified shape latent in the sky, that shape of no surprise, no second chance, no return.
And Space Funeral is at #46. What the gently caress

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yeah that's a pretty awful list. I don't think Space Funeral was even a game meant to be played, just to exist in madness and occasionally have someone attempt it on youtube. At least it's better than "OFF", I guess?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

If you are implying Space Funeral has no place on that list you are Mega Wrong

Mr. Lobe fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Sep 24, 2013

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Another goon-made Kickstarted game, Death Road to Canada, is adding X114JAM9 and the wizard as unique encounters, plus the possibility of some special CYOA segments written by the TOG team. Which is pretty neat!

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I'm sorry, what is this I keep hearing about a wizard?

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!
I am so depressed there are no videos of the Wizard. What the gently caress is wrong with you, every gamer on YouTube? Missing all the real cool scoops.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

lizzyinthesky posted:

I am so depressed there are no videos of the Wizard. What the gently caress is wrong with you, every gamer on YouTube? Missing all the real cool scoops.
He's in that one interview, if you want a small amount of Wizard goodness. Highlight is the interviewer saying "get this Wizard a mic!"

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Mr. Lobe posted:

If you are implying Space Funeral has no place on that list you are Mega Wrong
Yeah. Space Funeral is genuinely good and I'm not sure why people don't give it a chance.

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

They must have guessed, once or twice - guessed and refused to believe - that everything, always, collectively, had been moving toward that purified shape latent in the sky, that shape of no surprise, no second chance, no return.

Mercury_Storm posted:

Yeah that's a pretty awful list. I don't think Space Funeral was even a game meant to be played, just to exist in madness and occasionally have someone attempt it on youtube. At least it's better than "OFF", I guess?

I guess I should've said 'Space Funeral is only at #46'.

What's wrong with OFF? It's genuinely amazing. The writing/translation is great, the combat is interesting, if easy, and the puzzles are more challenging than your standard RPG no-brainer fare.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Space Funeral and OFF are both exceptionally good games!

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Yes, it's crazy to me that even though they are fairly different, there are people who really like Barkley that do not immediately like Space Funeral and the other things catamites has done.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I'm sorry, what is this I keep hearing about a wizard?

We had a wizard in our PAX booth who read tarot cards and guided people through Barkley 2 character creation. It was a pretty intense experience and I think most people who did it ended up feeling like it was one of the best things there.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Best video game lists are bullshit in general, but the fact that the top 3 isn't some combination of Space Funeral, OFF and Barkley is a drat travesty.

Then again I used to be really into RPG Maker, so I have a soft spot for the few truly great games made (or started, in Barkley's case) in that program.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Chef Boyardee posted:

Yes, it's crazy to me that even though they are fairly different, there are people who really like Barkley that do not immediately like Space Funeral and the other things catamites has done.

We had a wizard in our PAX booth who read tarot cards and guided people through Barkley 2 character creation. It was a pretty intense experience and I think most people who did it ended up feeling like it was one of the best things there.
I wish I could have met a real-life wizard. :(

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Chef Boyardee posted:

Will there be a booth (and maybe even a wizard) at PAX East?

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Probably not, but we're thinking about going to MAGFest, which is in DC in January.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Chef Boyardee posted:

Probably not, but we're thinking about going to MAGFest, which is in DC in January.

If you guys go to that, I will put in my registration so fast.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Chef Boyardee posted:

it was the best part of PAX IMO, I told literally everyone I knew to go do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Kaboobi posted:

it was the best part of PAX IMO, I told literally everyone I knew to go do that

I'm pretty sure you were the first and only guy I was the wizard for. I felt really bad about it afterward because I definitely blew it, the other two wizards were way better.