Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Gloomhaven Square A Round 8A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand8, Discarded0, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 9 with Hostile Takeover and Feedback Loop.

9. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Slaan) posted:

code:
"HOSTILE TAKEOVER (09) [Lvl2]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - IMMOBILIZE - Generate ICE - 1XP
BOT: Round Bonus: Force one normal or elite enemy within Range 3 to perform its turn this Round as if it's allies were enemies and its enemies were allies - 2XP - LOSS"

"FEEDBACK LOOP (79) [Lvl1]
TOP: Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks gain SHIELD1 (till end of round) - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: MOVE4 - Jump - If you end the movement in the same hex you started in, perform MUDDLE (Target all enemies moved through)."
Rocky (Hand7, Discarded1, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 53 with Forceful Storm and Explosive Punch.

53. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Phelddagrif) posted:

code:
"FORCEFUL STORM (53) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK3, Range3, AOE (check image) - DISARM - Gain XP1 for each enemy 
targeted - Generate AIR - LOSS 
BOT: Round bonus Add +2ATK to all your melee attacks this round. "

"EXPLOSIVE PUNCH (28) [Lvl2]
TOP: Destroy one adjacent obstacle -ATK4, Target all enemies adjacent to the destroyed obstacle - 2XP - LOSS
BOT: Move4"
Bullwinkle (Hand8, Discarded0, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 87 with Grab and Go and Provoking Roar.

87. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Reik) posted:

code:
"GRAB AND GO (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1
BOT: MOVE4"

"PROVOKING ROAR (10) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2 - DISARM
BOT: Round bonus Any enemy who targets one of your adjacent allies with an attack this round targets you with that attack instead, regardless of the attack's range."
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Moving up towards the next door and immobilizing archer 5 for The Good Punch

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Hooray, Archer 2 is moving back! :woop:

Slaan posted:

Moving up towards the next door and immobilizing archer 5 for The Good Punch

That shouldn't be necessary; it's not going to move, since I'm already in range of its attack. Archer 5 (and Archer 2) are basically guaranteed to die on my turn, since I'll be doing an Attack 6 with advantage against them.

That said, damaging Archer 3 would be more than welcome!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Gonna do another move 4 towards the door and open it next turn.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

If i damage archer 3 then we won't be able to watch him step on his own trap

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Slaan posted:

If i damage archer 3 then we won't be able to watch him step on his own trap

I don't think they're moving this turn, though? Archer 3 is just gonna shoot that living corpse.

Reik fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Mar 25, 2019

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Theoretically, if archer 3 was going to move, you can also choose to just not apply the immobilize part of the attack.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Fair enough, I'll leave 5 to you then

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Gloomhaven Square A Round 8B

- None!

9. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Slaan) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Feedback Loop (bot)! Jumps4 to E8.
- Master Splinter uses Hostile Takeover (top)! Attacks City Archer 3 for 2 (2base, +0mod) damage! Elects not to IMMOBILIZE! Gains 1XP.
City Archer 3 is at 3 HP
ICE is now strong.

31. City Archers posted:

- City Archer 2 moves 1 to B8. Attacks Living Bones 10 for 1 damage! Living Bones 10 is at 1 HP.
- City Archer 3 attacks Living Corpse 6 for 3 damage! Living Corpse 6 is at 3 HP.
- City Archer 5 attacks Rocky for 1 damage! Rocky is at 11 HP.

I have a feeling City Archer 2 has made a tactical mistake...

45. Living Bones posted:

- Living Bones 7 Attacks City Guard 2 for 0 damage!
- Living Bones 9 moves2 to A3. Attacks City Guard 2 for 0 damage (-2 mod)! Attacks City Guard 6 for 1 damage! City Guard 6 is at 1 HP.
- Living Bones 10 moves 1 to A8. Attacks City Archer 2 for 0 damage!

Our skeltal bros are whimps :(

53. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Phelddagrif) posted:

- Rocky uses Forceful Storm (bot)! Round bonus active: Add +2ATK to all your melee attacks this round.
- Rocky uses Explosive Punch (top)! Activates Eagle-eye Goggles! B7-C7 obstacle is destroyed! Attacks City Archer 2 for 7 (6base, +1/+1mod) damage! Attacks City Archer 5 for 12 (6base, x2 BLESS/+0mod) damage! Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
City Archer 2 is killed!
City Archer 5 is killed!
BLESS card removed from the deck!

:fuckoff:

70. City Guards posted:

- City Guard 2 Attacks Living Bones 7 for 2 damage! Living Bones 7 is at 3 HP.
- City Guard 6 Attacks Living Bones 9 for 2 damage! Living Bones 9 is killed!

82. Living Corpse posted:

- Living Corpse 1 does nothing!
- Living Corpse 3 does nothing!
- Living Corpse 4 does nothing!
- Living Corpse 6 does nothing!

4 damage we'll never get back :(

87. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Reik) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Grab and Go (bot)! Moves4 to D10.
- Bullwinkle uses Provoking Roar (top)! No action taken!

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- ICE is now waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Yay, we made it guys!

I'm gonna open the door and make a ranged attack.

By the way, if I get attacked I would like to prioritize using the shield from Warding Strength first.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Why are the zombies doing nothing? The guards in the first room are valid and reachable targets.

(not that it matters since nothing will actually reach the last room by the time the boss goes down)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Good Punch was Good

I'm moving towards the door slowly and moderately early, and not doing much else though I have options for more if that archer somehow goes super saiyan

I'll be long resting in 2 turns to prepare for boss fight to recover everything

Slaan fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Mar 26, 2019

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

ROCKY SMASH

Omobono posted:

Why are the zombies doing nothing? The guards in the first room are valid and reachable targets.

(not that it matters since nothing will actually reach the last room by the time the boss goes down)

The zombos have a Move of 0 this round. Their base move is 1, and their ability card for the round was "Move -1, Attack +1" so they can't move.

I'm going to move towards the door and shoot the archer. Doubt I'll kill it, especially since I pulled a bunch of positive modifiers last round, but we'll see!

Phelddagrif fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Mar 26, 2019

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Explosive Punch :allears:

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Bullwinkle will probably want to go early in the round, just so he's not in Splinter's way.

I can't actually get past the stun traps without one getting set off (only jump was a loss card). I may end up doing that myself, but that's a few turns down the road.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Eh, no rush. I can't move more then 4 spaces total in the next two turns without blowing loss cards, so Splinter ain't exactly concerned about arriving in a Gloomhaven minute. I'll be ready for the boss after my long rest and you've got that stun coming.

Bull can be lazy too, if he wants :respek:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Explosive Punch :allears:

I almost took Sentient Growth in my home game because that's the recommended card for ranged builds but I have had way more fun Explosive PUNCHing things.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Zurai posted:

I almost took Sentient Growth in my home game because that's the recommended card for ranged builds but I have had way more fun Explosive PUNCHing things.

I'm currently playing a ranged Cragheart and I took Explosive Punch because it's a fast initiative move 4 and yeah you don't always use the top but when you do it's the best.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Phelddagrif posted:

Bullwinkle will probably want to go early in the round, just so he's not in Splinter's way.

I can't actually get past the stun traps without one getting set off (only jump was a loss card). I may end up doing that myself, but that's a few turns down the road.

I can either do an early short rest or play a loss card to jump back over the traps and force any melee enemies in the last room to trigger one.

Reik fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 26, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Gloomhaven Square A Round 9A

- None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

Skelebros and City Guards just standing in front of each other, flexing.

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand4, Discarded4, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 29 with Frigid Apparition and Empathetic Assault.

29. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Slaan) posted:

code:
"FRIGID APPARITION (29) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK3 - Consume ICE: STUN, XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - STUN (Target one adjacent enemy) - XP1 - LOSS"

"EMPATHETIC ASSAULT (11) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - DISARM - Generate ICE - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE2 - HEAL2 self"
Rocky (Hand5, Discarded2, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 38 with Earthen Clod and Dirt Tornado.

38. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Phelddagrif) posted:

code:
"EARTHEN CLOD (38) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range5 - Consume EARTH: IMMOBILIZE, XP1
BOT: HEAL2, Range3"

"DIRT TORNADO (82) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK1, Range2, AOE (check image), Consume EARTH:+1ATK, XP1 
- MUDDLE all allies and enemies in the targeted area.
BOT: Move 3"
Bullwinkle (Hand6, Discarded2, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 54 with Leaping Cleave and Spare Dagger.

54. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Reik) posted:

code:
"LEAPING CLEAVE (54) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, PBAOE (check image) - XP1
BOT: MOVE3, Jump - Generate AIR"

"SPARE DAGGER (27) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - XP1
BOT: ATK2"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
If there aren't any zombie/bones friends in the last room, you can just scoot back outside and whatever's in there will be forced to follow you out, across the traps.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

This turn is going to be very :effort:

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Slaan posted:

This turn is going to be very :effort:

Pretty much. Just shooting the Archer and moving to F8, myself.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

How coincidental, I'm grabbing G8. Let's be buds, friend! :glomp:

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Gonna open the door and try and give someone the 3 hex shank.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Slaan posted:

How coincidental, I'm grabbing G8. Let's be buds, friend! :glomp:

Rocky... hug?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Well, I wanted to open the door this round in case all of the remaining enemies were killed, but some of the city guards back in the first room are going to survive this round for sure, so if you want to delay opening the door for one more round I'm down with that. I can just try and help finish off the fountain archer.

Actually I might do that, and open the door next round? Is that okay with everyone?

If I opened the door next round, it would be pretty late in the round, so you both would probably need to stamina potion back some slow cards this round if you wanted to go after I open the door.

Reik fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 27, 2019

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Oh, I think I see what you're planning. Yeah, that's fine (it doesn't really change what either of us are doing afaik).

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I'm napping as soon as i have no cards left so feel free to open the door or not. I can't get into range without a loss card anyways

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

I suppose that if I get lucky and kill the archer with my attack, you could still open the door. We know the guards aren't attacking, and archers are only doing an Attack 1, so you shouldn't be in any danger. No reason to waste your attack.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Gloomhaven Square A Round 9B

- None!

12. Living Bones posted:

- Living Bones 7 Gains SHIELD1(2), HEALs Self for 2 HP. Living Bones 7 is at 5 HP.
- Living Bones 10 Gains SHIELD1(2), HEALs Self for 2 HP. Living Bones 7 is at 3 HP.

15. City Guards posted:

- City Guard 2 Gains SHIELD1(2), gains RETALIATE2.
- City Guard 6 Gains SHIELD1(2), gains RETALIATE2.

16. City Archers posted:

- City Archer 3 attacks Living Corpse 6 for 1 damage! Living Corpse 6 is at 2 HP.

So...much...action!

29. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Slaan) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Empathetic Assault (bot)! Moves2 to G8.
- Master Splinter uses Frigid Apparition (top)! No action taken!

38. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Phelddagrif) posted:

- Rocky uses Earthen Clod (top)! Attacks City Archer 3 for 0 (2base, -2mod) damage!
Backup Ammunition's 1st trigger! Gains 1XP.
- Rocky uses Dirt Tornado (bot)! Moves3 to F8.
Rocky uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Earthen Clod and Massive Boulder.

54. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Reik) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Leaping Cleave (bot)! Jumps3 to G4
- Bullwinkle uses Spare Dagger (top)! Attacks City Archer 3 for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
City Archer 3 is killed!
AIR is now strong.

91. Living Corpse posted:

- Living Corpse 1 moves 2 to A4. Suffers 1 damage! Living Corpse 1 is at 4 HP.
- Living Corpse 3 moves 2 to D5. Suffers 1 damage! Living Corpse 3 is at 5 HP.
- Living Corpse 4 moves 2 to F2. Suffers 1 damage! Living Corpse 4 is at 2 HP.
- Living Corpse 6 moves 2 to A4. Suffers 1 damage! Living Corpse 6 is at 1 HP.

Our zombie friends are literally falling apart on their own.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- AIR is now waning.
- ICE is now inert.

Active players, if you plan to open the door next turn, please provide me with STEP B instructions up till the turn of the Player opening the door! If you are all resting /not opening the door instead, please provide me with an extra round of instructions (the Rest full round, plus the following one up until the door is opened).

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 28, 2019

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Open the door this upcoming turn I guess? Master Splinter can long rest and hopefully the enemies trigger those traps.

Apart from that, leave the skeletons and the guards to :flex: at each other.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I won't lie, this is probably what happens during the classic anime mid combat banter break. Alternatively, both the Guards and the Skellies are in the middle of a deep internal monologue.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Looks like you switched the actions of Leaping Cleave and Spare Dagger. Leaping Cleave can't attack at range 3.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I'm gonna go pretty slow, jump in to the room, and try and clown on whomever I can. I don't know if I'll be jumping back out, though.

If either of you were going to long rest next round anyways, you could eat one of the stun traps this round and long rest next round while you're stunned.

Hey TIG, I saw that Bullwinkle only had 2xp and that sounded low, so I went back through and checked and Bullwinkle should be at 4xp right now.

Round 1: Spare Dagger +1xp
Round 2: Balanced Measures +1xp
Round 4: Skewer Consuming Air +1xp
Round 9: Spare Dagger +1xp

I know this scenario has had very burdensome updates, so it's no big deal.

Reik fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 28, 2019

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Reik posted:

I know this scenario has had very burdensome updates, so it's no big deal.
10 guards and skeletons, flexing forever.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Thanks for the headsups!

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Reik posted:

If either of you were going to long rest next round anyways, you could eat one of the stun traps this round and long rest next round while you're stunned.

I may end up doing that next round. For now I'm just going late, moving up near the door and attacking whatever's inside.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Omobono posted:

This is the Macho Bone Zone :skeltal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Omobono posted:

Flexing back and forth, forever.

As soon as the guards draw the Retaliate card on the same turn the skeletons draw the "focus all attacks on one target" card though it's all over for the skelebros.