Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Moola posted:

Dunno if this will help you, but you can cancel out of any attack with dodging, so if you see a damage indicator coming you can always safely dodge

I guess I just needed to change to the stealth costume, because once I did it all came together :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Did another megahive and got the last piece of exotic gear for my Hulk and maxed everything out to get to PL150. I don't think I'm actually stronger than I was in my legendary gear but I have more procs now which I guess is kinda fun. Also spent the free credits from the thank you on his gladiator outfit, the one hand push up emote, and his 2 legendary takedowns.

Guess that means I beat the game, unless I want to do some rifts (nah)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

"Marvel’s Avengers became the game I wanted it to be, but I had to work for it."

this is extremely brokenbrained even by Kotaku standards, jesus. "game good after grinding for like 50 to 60 hours"

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The first of the PSN+ bonuses dropped, its a Kamala skin and a name plate.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The kiss of death

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
they should have slapped an Early Access sticker on this game lol

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I never ended up picking this up because everything I saw of beta footage completely underwhelmed me, but I guess I'm curious about the frustrations people are encountering now - is this a situation where the game was clearly shoved out way too early and so they're still scrabbling to make 1.0, or is it that other common GaaS problem where they clearly underestimated how long it would take to spin up a dripfeed of content?

Reading about some of the features that they are only just now adding makes me suspect the first but it feels like most game studios have flawed or nonexistent user testing so I'm frequently less and less surprised to see absolutely baffling design decisions make it in to finished products.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Mode 7 posted:

I never ended up picking this up because everything I saw of beta footage completely underwhelmed me, but I guess I'm curious about the frustrations people are encountering now - is this a situation where the game was clearly shoved out way too early and so they're still scrabbling to make 1.0, or is it that other common GaaS problem where they clearly underestimated how long it would take to spin up a dripfeed of content?

Reading about some of the features that they are only just now adding makes me suspect the first but it feels like most game studios have flawed or nonexistent user testing so I'm frequently less and less surprised to see absolutely baffling design decisions make it in to finished products.

It's both!

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Mode 7 posted:

It feels like a game that started as a single player story focused campaign, and then halfway through development they had GaaS nonsense shoved on them so they shoehorned in some multiplayer looter shooter stuff. It's probably worth a $20 purchase cause the campaign is actually pretty fun, Kamala is a highlight, the GaaS portion stuff just feels incredibly half baked.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

It would be better if it weren't the same missions on the same recycled maps. I don't really care about cosmetics, I just want variety.

Destiny was the same poo poo over and over, but at least you could free roam, do events, etc. This game, you go investigate stuff and it's a lovely chest that was a waste of travel time.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

why even bother with semi-procedural objective chains if you're not going to rotate the seed

it's like if dwarf fortress only allowed you to make one specific world

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m sure they had some grand plans until it came time to actually implement them.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

a mysterious cloak posted:

It would be better if it weren't the same missions on the same recycled maps. I don't really care about cosmetics, I just want variety.

Destiny was the same poo poo over and over, but at least you could free roam, do events, etc. This game, you go investigate stuff and it's a lovely chest that was a waste of travel time.

I'm the opposite

I'll happily grind the same grindy shity for a pretty cosmetic reward... and now they just gave us free credits, and reduced the prices of the cosmetics I wanted I have no urge to play lol

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

"Finally got around to reading some of those backlogged emails from QA, turns out they had some complaints, too bad we didn't read any of them before launch"

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
So what's the bet on this game, eventual F2P once they have enough cosmetics and junk to make it viable?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Bushmaori posted:

So what's the bet on this game, eventual F2P once they have enough cosmetics and junk to make it viable?

Probably not, since it’s a single player game with a GAAS structure bolted on. It’ll surely get a good sale price within the next few months though

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I personally want them to turn it around cause a AAA marvel game is something I wanna play for a while.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I still love the combat, especially as Cap. I still find myself going "holy poo poo..." during fights sometimes; like when I kick a dude off a ledge as Cap and Thor's hammer comes flying out of nowhere and pins them to the wall.

As much as a poo poo on Hawkeye being their first DLC character (cause who loving cares about Hawkeye lol), I'm still excited to see what they can do with trick arrows and poo poo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Hawkeyes are great. I'm excited to be able to use both. I'm glad Kate is first though.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

https://twitter.com/gibbogame/status/1324754312279465991

It looks like this game was a huge flop for Square-Enix. :( I wouldn't be surprised if they drop support altogether after Hawkeye goes live.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

JordanKai posted:

https://twitter.com/gibbogame/status/1324754312279465991

It looks like this game was a huge flop for Square-Enix. :( I wouldn't be surprised if they drop support altogether after Hawkeye goes live.

Gotta get that PS4/5 exclusive Spidey DLC out as well.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
they should have made a good game instead of a bad one

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
i've switched entirely to playing the free dlc in ghosts of tsushima instead and I'm a huge loving superhero nerd!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Moola posted:

they should have made a good game instead of a bad one

:hmmyes:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Soonmot posted:

i've switched entirely to playing the free dlc in ghosts of tsushima instead and I'm a huge loving superhero nerd!

im playing fortnite because the marvel stuff in there is legit better than in this crappy game lmao

bested by loving fortnite of all things

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
gross

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Invalid Validation posted:

I personally want them to turn it around cause a AAA marvel game is something I wanna play for a while.

I would love an Iron Man game in the style of the Arkham and Spider-man games but it looks like this is it for the next couple years. Unfortunate cause I have no interest in this game cause of the GaaS stuff.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
It’s dissapointing because the actual campaign is legit really good and the characters all play like, well, the actual characters. But they went hard for games as a service while completely making GBS threads the bed on the endgame stuff that actually motivates those kinds of games.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It’s dissapointing because the actual campaign is legit really good and the characters all play like, well, the actual characters. But they went hard for games as a service while completely making GBS threads the bed on the endgame stuff that actually motivates those kinds of games.

They really shouldve held off on release

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
Bring back Marvel Heroes, but before it got all lovely with the movement stuff when they were porting it to consoles.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Ougher posted:

Bring back Marvel Heroes,

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

I was all about this game during the campaign, and now? I'm not sure that SE giving the game to miracle worker Naoki Yoshida could fix it, even if he wasn't already busy with FF's 14-16.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
here's a weird specific gripe I have; why is the only way to play missions solo limited to specific campaign missions or training rooms???

sometimes I just wanna be a cool hero guy alone without 3 assholes following me

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

We Got Us A Bread posted:

I was all about this game during the campaign, and now? I'm not sure that SE giving the game to miracle worker Naoki Yoshida could fix it, even if he wasn't already busy with FF's 14-16.

Yoshida wouldn't be able to do what needs to be done because of the mouses tight grip on anything marvel.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
What's a gaas? Is that bad?

Edit:

Ugly In The Morning posted:

But they went hard for games as a service while completely making GBS threads the bed
oh I got it

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The funny thing is that if a game is legit fun people will absolutely play the same maps over and over

Last night as I was falling asleep I realised I could remember every tiny detail of every one of the ME multiplayer maps because I played them all literally hundreds of times each. Matches weren't that short either, clearing Gold and Plat took 20 to 30 minutes unless you were crazy good and coordinated

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

The funny thing is that if a game is legit fun people will absolutely play the same maps over and over

Last night as I was falling asleep I realised I could remember every tiny detail of every one of the ME multiplayer maps because I played them all literally hundreds of times each. Matches weren't that short either, clearing Gold and Plat took 20 to 30 minutes unless you were crazy good and coordinated

remember when they changed the white base layout?

that was crazy

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Simone Magus posted:

Those games at least had enemy variety and a lot of really differentiated playstyles from launch. Every avengers map is against the same faction, and as much as each character is unique to play as, there’s only six and you don’t have the option of replacing Kamala Kahn’s strong punches with faster weaker ones that let you use powers more often.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Simone Magus posted:

Yeah that’s why I played this for so long, but there’s a limit. ME3 multiplayer had regular updates with new characters and factions at least. Hopefully the remastered collection includes it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Been playing this every couple of days, still don't have everyone to 50 because it's such a slog with the same drat maps over and over.