Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
how are dan rolle and ha ha goodman doing nowadays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 minutes!
Also I asked this before but I don't think anyone noticed, do we know what happened to Zach the DNC staffer

Is Zach okay

I'm worried about Zach

Does Zach need a place to hide out for a few days

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Karl Barks posted:

pick a table al

im the part of the horseshoe that gets shot first, whichever way the revolution goes, and im comfortable with that

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

loquacius posted:

Also I asked this before but I don't think anyone noticed, do we know what happened to Zach the DNC staffer

Is Zach okay

I'm worried about Zach

Does Zach need a place to hide out for a few days

Zach and Pablo were last seen going over the Rickenbacker falls together

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

logikv9 posted:

how are dan rolle and ha ha goodman doing nowadays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSZd6MnEuLw

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Al! posted:

im the part of the horseshoe that gets shot first, whichever way the revolution goes, and im comfortable with that
the rise of the nazi party wasn't exactly a revolution

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

I couldn't get the article "and the winner of the 2016 Ralph Nader award is... Bernie Sanders" in the screenshot

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 minutes!
Gil Troy's greatest dream is that one day, one beautiful day, Bill and Hillary Clinton will legally adopt him and change his name to Gil Clinton

Al! posted:

Zach and Pablo were last seen going over the Rickenbacker falls together

Zach, if you're out there and you need help, call me

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
How the gently caress can you like the Clintons so much.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

I hope there are balconies.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

Bushiz posted:

I couldn't get the article "and the winner of the 2016 Ralph Nader award is... Bernie Sanders" in the screenshot

hillary is mom -gil troy

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

100 degrees Calcium posted:

What's the story behind all those good-rear end appalachian workers pics?

Long answer: Between incidents like the Battle of Matewan, the Battle of Blair Mountain, the coal strike as documented in Harlan Country USA, and more, Appalachian history is dyed red with the blood of miners, farmers, and other working-class folk in a struggle to be seen as fellow human beings capable of great things, and neither a resource to be exploited and discarded nor unteachable dullards who wallow proudly in ignorance.

Apalachians are a fiercely independent people, wickedly resourceful, incredibly industrious, loyal to both cause and kin, and they will go to greater lengths to help the downtrodden as they would to get even when somebody has hosed them over. And if a good number of bluegrass songs are any indication, Appalachians will go a long way for revenge.

Short answer: W e i r d ~~~ A p p a l a c h i a group on Facebook.

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 20:50 on Dec 7, 2016

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

bernie sanders person of the year all years

bibi can get a solid gold statue why not bernie

sculpt it out of the remains of the 1%

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

And if a good number of bluegrass songs are any indication, Appalachians will go a long way for revenge.

I learned this from the documentary "Next of Kin".

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

im zach

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

help me

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And depending on how this TN Democrat meeting goes tonight, I'll post more cornbread communism memes tonight in a fit of anger, a moonshine-fueled haze, or if I managed to get this media literacy assignment finished.

Or any combination thereof.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

did you hear that zach? dt in the coffee. wonder what it means?

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Killary sends her regards.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

loquacius posted:

Gil Troy's greatest dream is that one day, one beautiful day, Bill and Hillary Clinton will legally adopt him and change his name to Gil Clinton
actually laffed out loud

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

freckle posted:

Jim Webb would do the deed in person, at least. Then talk about it on TV.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

loquacius posted:

Stop trying to make "alt-left" happen. It's not going to happen.

ctrl-left is better anyway

(except from a ease-of-speaking standpoint)

(it's also not going to happen)

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

freckle posted:

Hill made my computer commit suicide

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

loquacius posted:

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

if you need some numbers for your arguements with clinton last-standers, here's a link to that poll everyone was talking about post-election that showed that veering away from an economic message at the last minute for "trump bad" was a massive loving disaster

http://www.democracycorps.com/National-Surveys/

quote:

To understand why failing to close on a bold plan to “rewrite the rules” of the economy was so deadly, you must understand the economic context. Voters are on the edge financially, struggling to earn enough to make ends meet. The Clinton campaign’s close must have been seen as clueless.

A majority of voters say jobs don’t pay enough to live on and it is a struggle to meet everyday expenses. And it is the broad new majority of voters who belong in the progressive base dealing with these economic anxieties, not just the often discussed white working class. If faced with a sudden, unexpected $500 expense, nearly four-in-ten voters say they would not be able to handle it, including a majority of unmarried women and large numbers of minorities, millennials and the white working class.

Compounding their frustrations is the belief shared by two-thirds of voters that “people in power haven’t paid much attention to what I worry about.” That includes 80 percent of white working class men, 69 percent of white working class women, and 63 percent of the Rising American Electorate of unmarried women, millennials and minorities.

The country is also strikingly anti-corporate in their mood, and are particularly dissatisfied with their leaders –only two-in-ten have a favorable opinionof CEOs of large businesses and as you will see below, they are very supportive of policies aimed at changing their behavior.

All of this is why voters say by a two-to-one margin they are looking for bold economic changes to shift the balance of power and rewrite the rules of the economy over incremental changes.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

theres a lot of us. theyre holding us in the basement of comet ping pong. theres a huge vat of bubbling green stuff-- i dont know what it is but they dipped jake in and he came out babbling about triangulation, market based solutions and diversity on wall street boards

im scared

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

theres a lot of us. theyre holding us in the basement of comet ping pong. theres a huge vat of bubbling green stuff-- i dont know what it is but they dipped jake in and he came out babbling about triangulation, market based solutions and diversity on wall street boards

im scared

who gave you the wifi password, back into the free speech cage for you

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

im scared

(in increasingly podesta voice) remember me hilly? when i killed your campaign i emailed just.... like.... this

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

donna brazile is good actually and abuela would have won if bernie bros didn't stab her in the back

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

donna brazile is good actually and abuela would have won if bernie bros didn't stab her in the back

Zack was Gil Clinton all along.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I just don't know who to trust anymore.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
The biggest thing for us to worry about within the Democratic Party is that, if we do see a resurgence in Congress under a policy of unapologetic leftism in 2018, is that Chuck Schumer and the rest of the third way assholes are going to come scurrying out of the woodwork to take credit and seize control of the party.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Abuela would also have won if Gary didn't toke up before every tv appearance

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

quote:

Compounding their frustrations is the belief shared by two-thirds of voters that “people in power haven’t paid much attention to what I worry about.”
like how is a motherfucker NOT supposed to be salty reading that

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Al! posted:

(in increasingly podesta voice) remember me hilly? when i killed your campaign i emailed just.... like.... this

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Bushiz posted:

Amazing lols.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Concerned Citizen posted:

yeah and people get mad about door knocks and phone calls but they still demonstrably increase turnout. you can increase turnout 2% among turnout targets with texting, so build a tool to text 2 million people and you've got yourself a lot of votes.

Mass constant texting is not comparable at all to people taking time to walk around to knock on doors and talk to people. In Ohio I had so many loving texts from her campaign that I was tempted to do the grumpy old man 'Stop or I vote for Trump' shitbag reply. It is very firmly on the other side of the Increase Turnout/Annoy the poo poo out of your Base line. There isn't anything innovative about it beyond finding creative new ways to lose an election.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

gil troy? more like guil tay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

somebody say tay

i move away from the mic to breathe in

• Locked thread