Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
maddie had to learn A Very Important Lesson but none of the people who hosed her over had to learn jack poo poo. so really, she just had to stop being so darned crazy to solve all of her problems!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Commodore Donny Planet

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Somehow I completely missed It’s Jeff! and so spent the weekend catching up on the adorable adventures of everyone’s favourite land shark. Every panel of exasperated Jeff Mom Kate was an utter delight.

OmegaFartHuffer
Feb 23, 2022
Hi all, I’m selling the Brubaker Captain America omnibus in SA mart if anyone is interested. Thanks!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Secret Invasion:
I am starting to think that Maria Hill may be a bit morally grey.
Honestly, she's an inhuman monster, but she works for the CIA so that's a given.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Morally grey is cool but it sounds like it's going to be wrapped up in the next issue? Feels like this could've been an expanded one shot.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

like thats p gross

but then i looked away at mass alien murder because Magik's kinda hot too. >.> hmmm hmm

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Magik gave them a choice. Not her fault if they're all morons!

I think the Hill thing is a fakeout still, but I guess we'll see. I don't think she's ever been that ruthless before, so something doesn't seem right.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's either a con or else tony and maria both suddenly became completely incompetent when they hadn't been throughout this story.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i dont think hill has ever not been a scum sucking piece of poo poo since she took over shield so nothing seemed out of the ordinary to me

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

it is pretty sus that she managed to get away from Tony last issue while carrying all those murdered corpses she made though! hmm

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

i dont think hill has ever not been a scum sucking piece of poo poo since she took over shield so nothing seemed out of the ordinary to me

Yeah it seems like every time she shows up, depending on the author/story needs, the only real difference is how competent she is. But she's always some variant of " [insert adjective] bastard"

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's either a con or else tony and maria both suddenly became completely incompetent when they hadn't been throughout this story.

Wouldn't be the first time people did dumb poo poo for the sake of an event story otherwise there wouldn't be an event. *Looks over at AvX, Civil War 2*

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Pages from AVENGERS #1:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Really like the lightning panel borders in that second-to-last page.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Terminus!? Vulpes, it's not even my birthday.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Synthbuttrange posted:

like thats p gross

but then i looked away at mass alien murder because Magik's kinda hot too. >.> hmmm hmm

Magik fits the modern interpretation of morally grey, in so much that she's just evil, but she's hot so everyone goes with it.

I have never liked Magik, even a little bit.

Oh man, the first comic I ever bought with my own money was JLA/Avengers, which was the first (and last) time I ever saw Terminus.

Vulpes, if you have the first good Carol-led story in you, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I sure hope there’s an interaction in the book where one character asks the other about stairs

not really

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Joe Fisto posted:

I sure hope there’s an interaction in the book where one character asks the other about stairs

not really

In a very special issue, Carol develops a crippling addiction to Mangosteen

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Murderworld isn't cutting it so Arcade traps the Avengers in Groverhaus.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I only know Terminus from JLA/Avengers as well. Seems like a good cold open villain.

Art looks really fun and kinetic.

Seeing Carol on the moon, I’m just going to assume she was visiting the Summers House.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Look at that absolute unit.

Wanna hug it :allears:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Art looks gorgeous but I don’t see Bats anywhere what’s up with that.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Nilbop posted:

Magik fits the modern interpretation of morally grey, in so much that she's just evil, but she's hot so everyone goes with it.

I have never liked Magik, even a little bit.

M-m-mods? MODDDDDDDDDDS!

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I never understood the Black Panther thing. He's perfect so he's everywhere and he's boring. Does T'Challa have any weaknesses at all?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Cancer.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Actually I'm pretty sure Wakanda still has the cure for cancer, unless that's been retconned out.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gologle posted:

Actually I'm pretty sure Wakanda still has the cure for cancer, unless that's been retconned out.

Have it but won't share it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gologle posted:

So does Reed but he gets paid not to release it.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I'm kinda with you on the finding Black Panther too perfect thing, but almost every non-North American hero Marvel has is a paper-thin stereotype. Surely there can't be so little middleground between overcorrecting and undercorrecting?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Beerdeer posted:

I never understood the Black Panther thing. He's perfect so he's everywhere and he's boring. Does T'Challa have any weaknesses at all?

He's a terrible king and keeps getting kicked out is his thing I think

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
He almost started a nuclear war with Atlantis

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
T’Challa has a chronic anal fistula. He doesn’t like to talk about it.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm nowhere close to a Black Panther expert but my vague understanding of the character is that he gets a lot of flack inside Wakanda for running off to do superhero things, and that beyond that he's appropriately guilty of being the shady cloak and dagger bastard you would expect a character who can accurately be described as "King Batman" to be. Enough so that he pissed his country off to the point they actually established a parliamentary democracy and kicked him out lately.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I know Doctor Strange and Moon Knight aren’t fringe like they used to be, but it still feels like a leap for editorial to offer the writer of those books the Avengers.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Open Marriage Night posted:

I know Doctor Strange and Moon Knight aren’t fringe like they used to be, but it still feels like a leap for editorial to offer the writer of those books the Avengers.

The writer of characters with recent movies and Disney+ series? Not really.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the current run of bp is mostly about how absolutely everyone is tired of t'challa's poo poo. no one trusts him any more for many excellent reasons, in or out of wakanda.

but then he's also on an upcoming avengers book. :shrug:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Open Marriage Night posted:

you're right dan slott isn't doing much why not give it to him

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the current run of bp is mostly about how absolutely everyone is tired of t'challa's poo poo. no one trusts him any more for many excellent reasons, in or out of wakanda.

but then he's also on an upcoming avengers book. :shrug:

I think that's just the nature of the beast with team books, which generally ignore a lot of developments in other characters' solo books (unless they happen to lead into events!) which might distract from team stuff. Like for instance Black Panther (hey it's him again!) spent a long-rear end time in space but never left the Avengers at all. No matter what's going on in Wolverine's solo book he can appear on like 3 different X-Men teams whenever they need him.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Feb 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

site posted:

you're right dan slott isn't doing much why not give it to him

Don’t you speak that evil into existence, site!