Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Fluffdaddy posted:

Gun pokemon telling the bug catcher kids not to go to school tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Fluffdaddy posted:

Gun pokemon telling the bug catcher kids not to go to school tomorrow

That's Remoraid the gun fish that evolves into Octillery the cannon octopus

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fluffdaddy posted:

Mcgruff: Gonna take a bite of crime
Furry: yea bite me daddy
Mcgruff: wait what

:lol:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
wasn't it gearbox who published that aliens: colonial marines game that was almost unplayable because the programmers and qa testers missed that there was a comma missing in the code that basically disabled the aliens' ai?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

wasn't it gearbox who published that aliens: colonial marines game that was almost unplayable because the programmers and qa testers missed that there was a comma missing in the code that basically disabled the aliens' ai?

Yes. Similarly in I think DS 3 modders uncommented something that made the poise stat work and BN got mad at them.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

lol thats nearly 100% correct

quote:

Specifically, a modder who goes by James Dickinson published a note on ModDB last October explaining that they'd discovered a typo in a line of the game's AI code that, when fixed, notably improved the way enemies in the game track and follow targets.
The line in question, which at least one ResetEra user claims to have found in their own copy of the game's code, reads "ClassRemapping=PecanGame.PecanSeqAct_AttachXenoToTether -> PecanGame.PecanSeqAct_AttachPawnToTeather." When the "a" is cut from "Teather", at least one ResetEra user claims that the game's enemies become far more mobile and challenging.

its kind of wild how bad gearbox and Randy Pitchford are, they got sued by Sega during the development of that game because they were still taking full payments from Sega for developing while they outsourced to the cheapest bid they could find.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Improbable Lobster posted:

lobsters dont have fur

durrr

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_lobster

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

it wasnt just unplayable they outright lied to sega and used funds for colonial marines to fund borderlands 2 lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pentyne posted:

lol thats nearly 100% correct

its kind of wild how bad gearbox and Randy Pitchford are, they got sued by Sega during the development of that game because they were still taking full payments from Sega for developing while they outsourced to the cheapest bid they could find.

yeah they used the money they skimmed from Sega to fund Borderlands (or Borderlands 2) iirc

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I can't believe how boring Borderlands 2 was

I never made it beyond that opening area because I knew that was gonna be the rest of the game anyway

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it wasnt just unplayable they outright lied to sega and used funds for colonial marines to fund borderlands 2 lol

Gearbox ftw

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I can't believe how boring Borderlands 2 was

I never made it beyond that opening area because I knew that was gonna be the rest of the game anyway

Where's that Ryan Davis quote about it being written by reddit.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Heath posted:

You can't prove that all of them are hairless

They are when that guy's done with them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Silicon Knights used money that was supposed to be for an X-Men game to develop Eternal Darkness 2 which never released because they got sued by Epic for illegally using Unreal Engine 3 and went bankrupt, and the court ordered them to recall and destroy all unsold copies of Too Human

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

randy radiates a disturbing aura i would not allow myself to be left in a room alone with him

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Silicon Knights used money that was supposed to be for an X-Men game to develop Eternal Darkness 2 which never released because they got sued by Epic for illegally using Unreal Engine 3 and went bankrupt, and the court ordered them to recall and destroy all unsold copies of Too Human

dyack tried to kickstart eternal darkness 2 lol

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I love Eternal Darkness so much and it's fir the best that the sequel vaporized because there's no way it'd live up to my expectations

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

silicon knights had a partnership with nintendo and they were going to make too human for it but it kept getting delayed more and more and when they saw the wii they cut all ties with nintendo and died

16-bit Butt-Head has a new favorite as of 01:25 on May 23, 2024

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

dyack tried to kickstart eternal darkness 2 lol

Multiple times and it never hit its funding goals lol

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

those are technically rock lobsters, which aren't lobsters

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
mantarok paragon paragon paragon paragon zelotath

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Improbable Lobster posted:

those are technically rock lobsters, which aren't lobsters

(stands up to kick your rear end but sits back down upon seeing your username)

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

Where's that Ryan Davis quote about it being written by reddit.

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

savage. rip

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
lol Anthony Burch

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ryan davis turned him into soy sauce

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I don't trust you invertebrates, and don't think anyone else should either.
Too powerful

I sincerely love cuttlefish. They're amazing little critters

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lol and RIP. hard to believe it's been so long

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

rip king

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao. RIP

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

B33rChiller posted:

I don't trust you invertebrates, and don't think anyone else should either.
Too powerful

I sincerely love cuttlefish. They're amazing little critters

his name is not cuttlefish

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Akuma is sick.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Akuma is sick.

he is very healthy, actually

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Al! posted:

savage. rip

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

akuma eats nothing but raw meat and especially liver he works out every day and he is living what he calls ancestral living if you like you can buy his supplements

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Soul Dentist posted:

I love Eternal Darkness so much and it's fir the best that the sequel vaporized because there's no way it'd live up to my expectations
Same. I have it on rom to use with retroarch. I have a backlog to get through (currently on Suikoden), but once I do, Eternal Darkness is on the list. That game was so spooky.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

akuma living in his compound emailing the more plates more dates guy for steroids

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

dan is better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

akuma eats nothing but raw meat and especially liver he works out every day and he is living what he calls ancestral living if you like you can buy his supplements

akuma with a big gross beard lol