Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Al! posted:

mantarok paragon paragon paragon paragon zelotath

wait dude did you just try to use two Ancients when casting magick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

akuma eats nothing but raw meat and especially liver he works out every day and he is living what he calls ancestral living if you like you can buy his supplements

He must take monstrous shits. Hadookin’

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

watched liver king eating raw animal meat with his family and it was the most awkward thing i have ever seen... it ruled lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

[Chattur’gha disliked that.]

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Bore-derlands 2, more like.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

lol somehow i knew i'd get called out on that one and also misspelling xel'lotath

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol no one in that thread even acknowledging the gay digimon ai relationship at first

lmao what the gently caress is wrong with e/n

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Why not just imagine speaking to your favourite digimon in your own head? Maybe write a fanfic about it like a normal weirdo. I swear, people are getting dumber and less imaginative because of AI, a real plight on society.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Al! posted:

me casting spells to protect myself against bad posts

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

B33rChiller posted:

I don't trust you invertebrates, and don't think anyone else should either.
Too powerful

I sincerely love cuttlefish. They're amazing little critters

you shouldn't trust them

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tunicate posted:

Now that skylanders is over the other devs are going back to their roots and just wrapped up the ur quan masgers kickstarter

That dev team has such a wild history lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think my favorite dev lineage is Bend Studio who made Days Gone, were also the devs of Bubsy 3D

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think my favorite dev lineage is Bend Studio who made Days Gone, were also the devs of Bubsy 3D

:psyduck:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'll be the first to say it. Gays Done.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Deacon St. John

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

they made Bubsy 3D and then were like "okay we need to spend a few years to figure this poo poo out" and then made Syphon Filter lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Al! posted:

I bought my kid a refurbished gamecube for Christmas last year and a couple games (that are now insanely expensive for some reason), and some goon mailed me Eternal Darkness for free because I lamented giving my copy away years ago to someone else's kid. It was incredibly nice and came out of nowhere and I really appreciated it :unsmith:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

FromSoftware’s first game was a Dick Tracy Tetris clone on the PC Engine

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Smirking_Serpent posted:

FromSoftware’s first game was a Dick Tracy Tetris clone on the PC Engine

No poo poo? I thought it was the precursor to King's Field. Tower of something or another.
I had a TG16 as a kid and loved it. I have a PCE mini hooked to my bedroom TV (which I should probably revisit).

There were some really bad shovelware PCE games but there were a ton that never got any attention outside of Japan that were weird and wonderful. The PCE had a "vibe" to it that no console of that era was really ever able to recreate.

Frank Frank has a new favorite as of 02:53 on May 23, 2024

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

No poo poo? I thought it was the precursor to King's Field. Tower of something or another.
I had a TG16 as a kid and loved it. I have a PCE mini hooked to my bedroom TV (which I should probably revisit).

There were some really bad shovelware PCE games but there were a ton that never got any attention outside of Japan that were weird and wonderful. The PCE had a "vibe" to it that no console of that era was really ever able to recreate.

no sorry I made it up

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Al! posted:

his name is not cuttlefish
I realise that. It either was at some point in the past, or someone else is. In either case, my statement stands.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Frank Frank posted:

I bought my kid a refurbished gamecube for Christmas last year and a couple games (that are now insanely expensive for some reason), and some goon mailed me Eternal Darkness for free because I lamented giving my copy away years ago to someone else's kid. It was incredibly nice and came out of nowhere and I really appreciated it :unsmith:

That game got me so good when I played it on a CRT with a display very similar to the fake volume meter they use and I jumped out of my chair trying to find the remote while getting stabbed by skeletons

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Smirking_Serpent posted:

no sorry I made it up

:argh:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The story of developing Bubsy 3D is interesting since they had fuckall to go on with what was expected of 3D games, and halfway through development Mario 64 came out and they basically were all '...fuuuuuuuuck.'

An underrated redemption arc imo

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Heath posted:

That game got me so good when I played it on a CRT with a display very similar to the fake volume meter they use and I jumped out of my chair trying to find the remote while getting stabbed by skeletons

A bunch of those sanity effects were really mean like the one where it looks like your saved game was corrupted lol

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Frank Frank posted:

Surprised you didn't just get a copy dropped from a Path of Exile boss

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

HopperUK posted:

Surprised you didn't just get a copy dropped from a Path of Exile boss

I prefer to get my ultra rare drops in PoE from random trash monsters in vanilla maps. It's a lot easier than fighting bosses. Not sure why everyone doesn't do that.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Frank Frank posted:

I prefer to get my ultra rare drops in PoE from random trash monsters in vanilla maps. It's a lot easier than fighting bosses. Not sure why everyone doesn't do that.

this fuckin guy :3:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The story of developing Bubsy 3D is interesting since they had fuckall to go on with what was expected of 3D games, and halfway through development Mario 64 came out and they basically were all '...fuuuuuuuuck.'

An underrated redemption arc imo

Is it though

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

All I wanted was an open world game set in Oregon and I got it but man it’s so goddamn dumb

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Silicon Knights used money that was supposed to be for an X-Men game to develop Eternal Darkness 2 which never released because they got sued by Epic for illegally using Unreal Engine 3 and went bankrupt, and the court ordered them to recall and destroy all unsold copies of Too Human
you can now download too human for free on xbox as part of the back-compat stuff. they actually had to ask epic permission to do this... must've been an awkward phone call.

...while googling that i found out that dyack's trying to make games again, but all the media available of it as far as i can tell is either scrolling concept art, radio plays or footage of a single combat test room, so like, my expectations aren't exactly touching the ceiling.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

HopperUK posted:

this fuckin guy :3:

In my defense the craziest poo poo I've had drop this league are a few rare div cards (but I was actively farming for them). Then again, this league is the "infinite money for everyone" league so maybe I just didn't need it?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

the retro game scene has been ruined by speculators and i want them to all die

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Did you enjoy the NES ports of the Macventure games, Deja Vu, Uninvited and especially Shadowgate?

Did you know there is a sequel to Shadowgate being made in the style of those games?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vswx1-FC6Io

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

theres a shadowgate game on the nintendo 64 its good

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Silicon Knights used money that was supposed to be for an X-Men game to develop Eternal Darkness 2 which never released because they got sued by Epic for illegally using Unreal Engine 3 and went bankrupt, and the court ordered them to recall and destroy all unsold copies of Too Human

This makes me so sad. Eternal Darkness could have been a pretty amazing franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

yupp