Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the aids comparison annoys me because covid has none of the stigma associated with aids lol

from what i’ve seen there’s also nothing to suggest the immune deficiency effect from covid is permanent and constantly worsening, like with aids, so in addition to being completely blind to the stigma, they’re completely trivialising aids with that comparison as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

ulvir posted:

from what i’ve seen there’s also nothing to suggest the immune deficiency effect from covid is permanent and constantly worsening, like with aids, so in addition to being completely blind to the stigma, they’re completely trivialising aids with that comparison as well

yeah

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

ulvir posted:

are you telling me the covid thread is misinterpreting data and making themselves hypochondriacs?

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

is dave the diver ted the caver's long lost brother

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Dave was a diver and he was always down, lol (only real musicheads get this)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Buschmaki posted:

Dave was a diver and he was always down, lol (only real musicheads get this)

Those first two interpol albums kicked rear end. Never bothered with the rest

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

what's the best aidsborne game

still bloodborne

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

a strange fowl posted:

is dave the diver ted the caver's long lost brother

I reread this recently. Imo it doesn’t hold up but I think it’s hard to communicate how the internet looks different 20 years ago than now

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Phantasium posted:

still bloodborne

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Autisanal Cheese posted:

is Dave the Diver any good?

It's pretty fun but I haven't gotten into much of the merpeople plot, just swimmin' and spearin' and sushiin'

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

(getting real confused) covid thread is aids?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Famethrowa posted:

(getting real confused) covid thread is aids?

You're not confused

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the aids comparison annoys me because covid has none of the stigma associated with aids lol

lol what about monkey pox? Why did people go so hard on the gay angle there? Spreads by skin contact, a thing only gay people do, clearly

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Those first two interpol albums kicked rear end. Never bothered with the rest

They're all fine but not as good imo

The reviews will say poo poo like they've made a big change to their sound or songwriting and it sounds just like how you would expect Interpol to be

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Tenkaris posted:

lol what about monkey pox? Why did people go so hard on the gay angle there? Spreads by skin contact, a thing only gay people do, clearly

it was right wing propaganda that got absorbed by the covid thread

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

The thread is also working on that

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Tenkaris posted:

it's what governments and public health organizations have been pushing:

https://www.who.int/emergencies/situations/monkeypox-oubreak-2022

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/72/wr/mm7221a1.htm

iirc you had to attest to having sex with men to get the vaccination in some places

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it was right wing propaganda that got absorbed by the covid thread
the COVID thread was actually pretty critical of the approach and advocated for more universal precautions (total lockdown)

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

without knowing anything about the symptoms i always thought monkeypox sounded like a pretty whimsical disease to get. those monkeys know how to have a good time.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

without knowing anything about the symptoms i always thought monkeypox sounded like a pretty whimsical disease to get. those monkeys know how to have a good time.

Honestly chicken pox sounds kinda rad too

It's not. It's very itchy and now I might get shingles

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

signing an affidavit that says "im gay" to get healthcare

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Tenkaris posted:

Honestly chicken pox sounds kinda rad too

It's not. It's very itchy and now I might get shingles

im so glad my kids dont have to get it thanks to vaccines lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

im so glad my kids dont have to get it thanks to vaccines lol

your children are magnetic now

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
lol i remember when I had chickenpox when I was like 5 or 6. I thought I was growing hundreds of nipples at first.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mawarannahr posted:

the COVID thread was actually pretty critical of the approach and advocated for more universal precautions (total lockdown)

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

alright which one of the chud mods gassed the chickenpox megathread

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

mawarannahr posted:

Of course they did, they're terrified of everything.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

lol i remember when I had chickenpox when I was like 5 or 6. I thought I was growing hundreds of nipples at first.

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

[CHICKENPOX] It’s airborne herpes

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Retro viruses sound like chill viruses that enjoy outdated styles of clothes and music

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Oh you think it's funny that I'm wallowing around in my bathtub full of calamine lotion? fucker? we'll see who laughs when I emerge pink + immune to itch

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Good thing we did total lockdown for monkeypox

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I decided to go old-school and catch cholera from well water

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

mawarannahr posted:

it's what governments and public health organizations have been pushing:

https://www.who.int/emergencies/situations/monkeypox-oubreak-2022

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/72/wr/mm7221a1.htm

iirc you had to attest to having sex with men to get the vaccination in some places

please go back to the bubble boy thread

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

rodbeard posted:

I decided to go old-school and catch cholera from well water

it's coming back

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

cspam has died of dysentery

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

your children are magnetic now

good that means theyll stay away from computers and phones and therefore the internet

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cspam has died of dysentery

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
It's probably going to take a lot of long term research to see exactly what damage long covid does, and in the meantime it does whatever I say it does and you can't prove me wrong.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Here’s a bit of fun forums stupidity for y’all: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032499&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=37#post532964708

American goon goes on a trip to visit military museums in Canada, has adventures. Then he posts about his experience with the Canadian Unabomber in the Byward Market (a high-end shopping district/tourist pedestrian area) and gets roundly mocked for carrying his shotgun flashlight in case the scary Canadians assault him. (Outside his hotel room. He has a knife to protect his hotel room with.)

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Arivia posted:

Here’s a bit of fun forums stupidity for y’all: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032499&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=37#post532964708

American goon goes on a trip to visit military museums in Canada, has adventures. Then he posts about his experience with the Canadian Unabomber in the Byward Market (a high-end shopping district/tourist pedestrian area) and gets roundly mocked for carrying his shotgun flashlight in case the scary Canadians assault him. (Outside his hotel room. He has a knife to protect his hotel room with.)

I really don't want to read the giant walls of text he posted, so I'll just assume it was was funny and you got a lot of good burns in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
a year ago the description of long covid symptoms had me like "what the gently caress? thats just what being alive feels like. everyone is insane" and it turns out i have an autoimmune disorder and being alive isnt supposed to feel like that