Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Realistically, she should be in the same boat as Larson, a Cup regular racing all of the Nationwide Series races occurring at the same track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...ay-weekend.html

Busch is gonna do the double :getin:

Also, Martin is the relief driver in case, so let the Martin whining continue.

Slickdrac fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 4, 2014

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Another thing about backmarkers is, after a few years of a lull, we're getting teams that run full races again. Teams which were noted for being S&P cars at one point or another (Front Row, Inception/Swan, Furniture Row, Phoenix/Scott, TBR, Stoddard's team) have built up enough cash to all be running multiple cars which can be competitive on occasion. It's allowed the loss of teams like Bill Davis Racing and the cars lost from the DEI/Ganassi and Yates/Petty/Evernham megamergers to be compensated for. There are fewer "free spots" to be had with more drivers going the distance.

Which means it's probably time for NASCAR to make a move which will bankrupt all of them.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

SpitztheGreat posted:

Yea I just went onto the NASCAR website (god help me, it's such a piece of poo poo) to try and watch a replay of the accident and there really isn't a good shot of it. That's kind of surprising, usually the cameras are pretty good at magically being in the right place to catch a wreck. Since Allgaier says that he made it three wide on the outside I'm going to have to agree that he's at fault. The thing is though, that time and time again Danica is in the middle of these situations. Allgaier, Cassill, Gilliland, and company all seem to be able to run next to each other without a problem most of the time, but the second Danica gets put into the mix there's going to be a wreck. I don't know who to blame in this particular situation, but if Danica is involved in a wreck every two weeks then I'm going to have to say that she may be part of the problem.

I like Allgaier, but he's a lot like Allmendinger a few years ago where he would ruin so many decent days because he didn't give anybody an inch of room and ended up getting wrecked while running mid pack. I've heard that many drivers dont't like racing with him.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'll just leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etjSLAvO1Sk

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Oh Tony. :allears:

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

LASTCAR posted:

I agree with this to a certain point. The backmarkers are a bit better now because so many of them have been cycled through from one team to the next over the last 5-6 years (Sorenson, Yeley, Reutimann, Kvapil, Gilliland, etc.) that those drivers are not only more used to running in Cup, but running against each other.

What's going to be interesting is how this year's much larger rookie class of backmarker drivers is going to do to this dynamic. The newbies seemed particularly slow at Phoenix, and I don't think that was just a consequence of Harvick's dominance. The true metric to whether Danica is getting better or worse is whether she's racing with the more-experienced backmarkers like Sorenson and Yeley or if she's going to be running over slow rookies like Alex Bowman and Ryan Truex.

Given her wreck with Allgaier on Sunday, it definitely seems to be the latter.

I think you might have something there. You never heard of Sorenson, Yeley, Kvapil, etc getting into one another and then feuding in the garage for getting loose and hitting each other but this incident, by Allgaier's own description, sounds a lot like Allgaier getting aggressive and Danica not giving him any room and causing a wreck.

You'd think these guys in the #23, #83, #93, #26, #51 etc, would know their car's history and kind of know what they are there to do. Show up, run the race, finish well but don't kill the car to do it because we'd rather have a clean car finish 24th than a wrecked car trying to make a pass for 13th. But I guess I can totally see the new guys coming in with something to prove and falling into that Danica trap of, hey just because I'm a rookie you can't take what's mine, and burn the world down getting wrecked out of 21st place 4 laps down.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

bigbillystyle posted:

You'd think these guys in the #23, #83, #93, #26, #51 etc, would know their car's history and kind of know what they are there to do. Show up, run the race, finish well but don't kill the car to do it because we'd rather have a clean car finish 24th than a wrecked car trying to make a pass for 13th. But I guess I can totally see the new guys coming in with something to prove and falling into that Danica trap of, hey just because I'm a rookie you can't take what's mine, and burn the world down getting wrecked out of 21st place 4 laps down.

The Kvapils, Reutimanns, and Stremmes of the world are perfectly content to take a 30th place car and run 30th (maybe 27th if there's more attrition), but the guys like Kligerman, Whitt, R Truex, and Bowman who are coming up before some would say they're ready seem to have the mentality of "This could be my one shot into Cup.. I better make the most of it" which in my opinion is smart. Sure if they go for broke and wreck some cars they may end up getting replaced, but if they ride around in good Nationwide cars for years waiting for Joe Gibbs to call them up for a Cup ride they may be waiting forever.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Bhester posted:

The Kvapils, Reutimanns, and Stremmes of the world are perfectly content to take a 30th place car and run 30th (maybe 27th if there's more attrition), but the guys like Kligerman, Whitt, R Truex, and Bowman who are coming up before some would say they're ready seem to have the mentality of "This could be my one shot into Cup.. I better make the most of it" which in my opinion is smart. Sure if they go for broke and wreck some cars they may end up getting replaced, but if they ride around in good Nationwide cars for years waiting for Joe Gibbs to call them up for a Cup ride they may be waiting forever.

Yeah I didn't factor that in when first discussing the garage confrontation between Allgaier and Patrick. I feel like now that it was less incidental and more two dummies that think they are racing for the win, or to become a star when in actuality they are merely surviving a race trying to get to the end.

What's really too bad for these guys is that Kurt Busch spent two years in mediocre equipment showing people what a good driver could really do with talent. I mean even Kurt couldn't do much with that #51, 1 top 5 and 5 top 10s 25th in points, but I highly doubt Allgaier is going to put that #51 25th in points. Basically what I'm saying is that all these mediocre teams have a talent measuring stick now. They had a championship caliber driver running around in their stuff and did all he could with it because he had to re-make his way back to the top just like these young drivers are trying to do. If they can't replicate Kurt's success then maybe they can't do it at all. It probably isn't fair to compare a 14 year veteran to a rookie but in today's NASCAR that seems to be the way it goes.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

This is perfection. :allears:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Wallpaper size:

edit: here it is avatar size in case anyone wants it

edit2:

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 5, 2014

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
oh man, I need a new avatar but I dont have any good text ideas.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Pussy bound and down,
loaded up and fuckin'

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

bigbillystyle posted:

What's really too bad for these guys is that Kurt Busch spent two years in mediocre equipment showing people what a good driver could really do with talent. I mean even Kurt couldn't do much with that #51, 1 top 5 and 5 top 10s 25th in points, but I highly doubt Allgaier is going to put that #51 25th in points. Basically what I'm saying is that all these mediocre teams have a talent measuring stick now. They had a championship caliber driver running around in their stuff and did all he could with it because he had to re-make his way back to the top just like these young drivers are trying to do. If they can't replicate Kurt's success then maybe they can't do it at all. It probably isn't fair to compare a 14 year veteran to a rookie but in today's NASCAR that seems to be the way it goes.

Don't forget that Casey Mears also drives pretty low-tier equipment but still gets top-20's relatively often anyway, such as his 14th at Phoenix last week and his 10th in the 500 (RP race, but still). I think the 13 is about on par with the 51 in terms of funding and equipment, so he's another measuring stick for those teams. He even finished one position better than 25th in points last year.

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower

Will Danica be Frog?

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

I've been contemplating getting a new Jimmie avatar. Boom, confetti.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

"This hat isn't the only thing that's big"

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Top Hats Monthly posted:

"This hat isn't the only thing that's big"

"and by that I mean my gut"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
and that's how you wear a cowboy hat

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

The boys are thirsty in Atlanta,
and there's soda-cookies in Texarkana

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I caught "NASCAR America" for the first time.

You know what?

I liked it.

Ken Schrader, Kyle Petty and Alexander were the hosts. All three did an excellent job, and the segments were actually interesting.

I still say that I think a racing series is better suited for a more "Weekly Show" or one that's supposed to be more "all things racing". But, it looks like NBCSN has it's poo poo together versus what I've seen from Fox and ESPN in the past.

I'm really interested to see how they'll cover the series next year.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

FuzzySkinner posted:

But, it looks like NBCSN has it's poo poo together versus what I've seen from Fox and ESPN in the past.

NBCSN has the best auto racing coverage out there right now, I just wish more people got that channel.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Fag Boy Jim posted:

and that's how you wear a cowboy hat

Winner.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Cannot Find Server posted:

Don't forget that Casey Mears also drives pretty low-tier equipment but still gets top-20's relatively often anyway, such as his 14th at Phoenix last week and his 10th in the 500 (RP race, but still). I think the 13 is about on par with the 51 in terms of funding and equipment, so he's another measuring stick for those teams. He even finished one position better than 25th in points last year.

Isn't Germain basically on the same level as Furniture Row Racing now with the RCR connection?

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Bhester posted:

Isn't Germain basically on the same level as Furniture Row Racing now with the RCR connection?

I thought kinda the same thing, that the #13 was a little ahead of the #51 equipment-wise but I didn't realize they ran so well at Phoenix last week not did I realize they finished inside the top 25 last year. That is a pretty good run for that team, good on them.

Now that I think about it doesn't the 13 just get motors from RCR or do they get full chassis because doesn't the #51 get motors from Hendrick or did that end when they were bought out? If the #51 gets motors from Hendrick and the #13 gets motors only from RCR I'd go as far as to say the #51 is ahead of the #13 at least motor-wise.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I believe Germain is getting cars and motors from RCR, but perhaps I'm wrong. My assumption is that the totem pole is RCR > FRR > Germain > JTGD

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Look, if no one is claiming that Smoke avatar I'm taking it on Friday.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

So Dale just tweeted that he has all these old NASCAR races on DVD at his house, and this his racing idol (outside of his dad) is Jimmy "Smut" Means.

Again, who here drives the 88?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
lmfao goddamn it's impossible to hate Jr. it's loving impossible

I try so hard too

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Kappa :o

FuzzySkinner posted:

So Dale just tweeted that he has all these old NASCAR races on DVD at his house, and this his racing idol (outside of his dad) is Jimmy "Smut" Means.

Again, who here drives the 88?

He was just being polite and responding to your questions!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Bhester posted:

Well, they weren't last year as they still used Ford. I wasn't aware of the RCR deal this year, hopefully it works out and he can keep notching top-15's and the occasional top-10!

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:

L_Harrison posted:

Pussy bound and down,
loaded up and fuckin'

I've been singing this in my head all day, but substituting 'crease' for 'pussy' to keep the meter intact.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I met Dale Jr, he was really nice to me and made me feel happy :allears:

mancrush

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Mar 6, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaqTjl4iBXI

:allears:

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:

Meh. They should have left it as just a kitchy trailer. Fast n' Loud did it 9 times better just last month when they got the actual Little Enos, despite being a hammy little bugger, to reprise his role. They got Burt too, but they really shouldn't have made the effort.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Darrell Waltrip @AllWaltrip
“@TheOrangeCone: Let's do it DW! @ AllWaltrip I still have a ASA car if someone wants to revive it.” I have my All-American 400 winning car!

Darrell Waltrip @AllWaltrip
When #NASCARnationwideseries stopped running on short tracks and ASA went away, it changed the demographics of the sport!

I think Waltrip has some good ideas sometimes.

This is one of those times.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Someone must of hacked his Twitter account or something.

And hey he didn't say it changed the demographics for the worst did he? He just said it changed.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Xxxtreme Motorsports (#44) makes their 2014 debut at Vegas this weekend with J.J. Yeley in yet another awesome looking car:

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
my bud was playing the new South Park game (who does that) and sent this image to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That's a pretty piss poor cover for that screenshot you totally took yourself.

• Locked thread