Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It's just disconcerting that as I proceed through my 40s, I so often genuinely do not know the difference between like 4 years and 7 years anymore.

See also every time I find out some player I just assumed was 27 is actually 32

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Also the Penguins have now gone longer since their last Cup than they did after Bylsma's Cup. It feels like they won like 4 or 5 years ago, whereas the Bylsma/MAF Yakkety Sax era felt like it lasted 25 years.

It's weird and a bit haunting because it makes me realize that I am going to die of old age in what to me is going to feel like about 3 years.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jun 25, 2024

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

ok shows over let’s see those :psyduck: trades

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

ohrwurm posted:

If history has taught me anything we will now see a future Hall of famer traded from Edmonton to Anaheim for picks and prospects and the ducks will win the cup next year.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Eric the Mauve posted:

It's just disconcerting that as I proceed through my 40s, I so often genuinely do not know the difference between like 4 years and 7 years anymore.

See also every time I find out some player I just assumed was 27 is actually 32

:same:

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I saw Okposo celebrating last night, and I completely missed that he went to Florida. Good for him. He played for some truly dire teams during his career.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
OHHHH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORRRRNING

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

QuasiQuack posted:

If history has taught me anything we will now see a future Hall of famer traded from Edmonton to Anaheim for picks and prospects and the ducks will win the cup next year.

Corey Perry back to the ducks then?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

AntiDepressor posted:

Corey Perry back to the ducks then?

they said "win" the cup, not lose in the finals

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

THE ONLY THING WORSE THAN MY POLITICAL OPINIONS AND MY HOCKEY OPINIONS IS MY ABILITY TO PREDICT THE STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS!

QuasiQuack posted:

You mean greatest player of his era traded from Edmonton to Los Angeles for picks and prospects and cash?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Mr. Kite posted:

You mean greatest player of his era traded from Edmonton to Los Angeles for picks and prospects and cash?

Does this mean the Oilers win the cup the next year and the Kings don't?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

fartknocker posted:

they said "win" the cup, not lose in the finals

Honestly, if trading for Perry kick-started the Duck's window of contention I think I'd take it.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://x.com/v3ktorious/status/1805600833184137325
https://x.com/v3ktorious/status/1805601085815468464
https://x.com/NICOHISCHlERS/status/1805599968926875921

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

THE ONLY THING WORSE THAN MY POLITICAL OPINIONS AND MY HOCKEY OPINIONS IS MY ABILITY TO PREDICT THE STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Draisaitl = Messier?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Creepy Rory is now 1 for 5 in Stanley Cup Finals

Same as Stan Mikita lol

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Misanthrope posted:

OHHHH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORRRRNING

smooch

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

jesus christ, one of my local bars plays the Elbo Room live feed on their TV and hands out bingo cards - it's quite the place

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Good morning to all the members of the Florida Panthers except Matthew Tkachuk, who can still go to hell.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

If the answer was yes would you take the deal?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Albino Squirrel posted:

Good morning to all the members of the Florida Panthers especially Matthew Tkachuk

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Edmonton lost to a bunch of pussies.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Koopa Kid posted:

If the answer was yes would you take the deal?

Probably not!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
When are they taking the cup over to Mar-a-Lago? They better make sure to include Trump in the celebrations!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

edit: wrong thread

shyduck fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jun 25, 2024

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Cocaine Bear posted:

Edmonton lost to a bunch of pussies.

Why are you so pissy, Leon?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Thanks.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

Honestly, the Oilers should trade Draisaitl for depth. He seems to disappear and/or get injured in the playoffs.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ah yes, the Crosby Argument

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

To clarify, he disappears as the playoffs go on / later in the playoffs.

First 13 games: 28 points
Last 3 games: 4 points

First 8 games: 16 points
Last 4 games: 1 point

First 13 games: 25points
Last 12 games: 6 points

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

ohrwurm posted:

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

That's kind of what I see as the big issue for Edmonton. Their depth sucks, so as a Head Coach you either visibly run the treads off the tires with McDavid and Draisatl, or you can play some of those other guys, lose, and get fired.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

2022 he had a hosed ankle from Mikey Anderson and this year he's got a broken hand and a hosed back. Trading him for "depth" is nuts.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
The Oilers depth sucks? They seemed to be scoring a bunch from what I saw.

Now D depth? Sure.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Starsfan posted:

When are they taking the cup over to Mar-a-Lago? They better make sure to include Trump in the celebrations!

the team owner is a personal friend of trump's who worked in his wh administration. just wait, it'll happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I wonder if the Panthers will out-party the 2018 Capitals. I think they might have that potential in them.