Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Mandrel posted:

i read this and somehow just assumed it said “Shang Chi reviews are out and apparently it’s a thing you look at”

The reviews seem to confirm this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

mutata posted:

Shang Chi reviews are apparently out if that's a thing you look at.

I would never have guessed from them revealing practically the entire bus fight and half of the final fight via mini-trailers

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Has any Marvel movie preview from Twitteratie ever been anything less than glowing? Aren't they required to be positive or else they won't get tickets to any more new ones?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

tsob posted:

Has any Marvel movie preview from Twitteratie ever been anything less than glowing? Aren't they required to be positive or else they won't get tickets to any more new ones?

Real reviews are out, and fairly positive.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

tsob posted:

That's called "Being a critic" and it existed long before Twitter and it's a big reason why poo poo like the mean and all-powerful Food Critics in Ratatouille and Chef are so loving laughable to anyone who knows even the faintest whiff of how the media industry has always worked. You get a certain amount of latitude, but there are always those you have to play nice with to some degree or you'll find yourself on the fringe unable to survive on the cushy-as-gently caress job of consuming and rating media for a living.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Alchenar posted:

It's not just a good visual, it was really neat writing how they have Banner say 'he could kill everyone with a snap of his fingers' to establish the threat but while it's obviously a figure of speech in that conversation, planting that image in the audience's mind pays off massively when he does snap his fingers at the end and you understand immediately what's happened.

They were setting that up before the movie even came out. The bit at the beginning of the second trailer with Gamora (edited to look like she's talking to Tony). "If he gets all the Infinity Stones, he can do it with the snap of his fingers..."

"...just like that."

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt-2cxAiPJk

...so it wasn't Loki/Sylvie?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

holy poo poo yes

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Outside of time, Loki/Sylvie had to happen at least before Infinity War, so Strange could survey the possible outcomes.

This probably just means that they're already familiar with the multiverse and can tap into it, but I don't think a botched spell would create it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

It could be that Sylvie killing Kang weakened the multiverse enough for Strange to gently caress around and break it. For all we know it happened simultaneously given how time worked in Kang’s little pocket dimension thing.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I assume that Sylvia created the multiverse, and then Strange and Peter gently caress up enough to weaken the walls between universes and have them spill out onto each other.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It could be that Sylvie killing Kang weakened the multiverse enough for Strange to gently caress around and break it. For all we know it happened simultaneously given how time worked in Kang’s little pocket dimension thing.

Definitely seems like this could only happen after HWR dies and the TVA gets swamped.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That looks fun.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

One Day More? Looks like Mephisto speculation is back on the menu boys.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

mind the walrus posted:

That's called "Being a critic" and it existed long before Twitter and it's a big reason why poo poo like the mean and all-powerful Food Critics in Ratatouille and Chef are so loving laughable to anyone who knows even the faintest whiff of how the media industry has always worked. You get a certain amount of latitude, but there are always those you have to play nice with to some degree or you'll find yourself on the fringe unable to survive on the cushy-as-gently caress job of consuming and rating media for a living.
Man if people thought Martin was harsh on the MCU imagine if Pauline Kael was still alive lol

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Edmund Lava posted:

One Day More? Looks like Mephisto speculation is back on the menu boys.

I'm throwing my guesses to the ring NOW: Aunt May is Mephisto!

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Desperado Bones posted:

I'm throwing my guesses to the ring NOW: Aunt May is Mephisto!

Tobey Maguire.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Was that a Goblin Bomb from the very first Spider-Man?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Technowolf posted:

Was that a Goblin Bomb from the very first Spider-Man?

it's the one that turns people into cartoon skeletons

https://twitter.com/_claypot/status/1429984064216371207

they prolly wont bring that back but they should

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I am loving the old Spider-Man theme song in there.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

holy poo poo i forgot it was a skeleton bomb lmao

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Here's my theory: The way HWR explained the multiverse backstory sounded like it existed just fine for ages until Kangs found a way to cross universes and THAT'S when the poo poo got bad. This implies there have been 2 barriers to crossing universes that needed to fall: One, the TVA needs to fall to allow multiple universes to exist together (no more pruning) and two, someone needs to do the magical or tech thing to cause the bridge between universes to open or otherwise become accessible. It seems that Loki and Sylvie accomplished one and Strange is gonna fiddle around with the other.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
doctor strange is mephisto

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

mutata posted:

Here's my theory: The way HWR explained the multiverse backstory sounded like it existed just fine for ages until Kangs found a way to cross universes and THAT'S when the poo poo got bad. This implies there have been 2 barriers to crossing universes that needed to fall: One, the TVA needs to fall to allow multiple universes to exist together (no more pruning) and two, someone needs to do the magical or tech thing to cause the bridge between universes to open or otherwise become accessible. It seems that Loki and Sylvie accomplished one and Strange is gonna fiddle around with the other.

That is what I was thinking as well. Loki/Sylvie started the fire and Strange poured fuel on it.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Bleck posted:

doctor strange is mephisto

I think its this.

Why else does he still have the eye of agammoto? Thanos crushed it after Strange hid away the time stone, but hes wearing it there in the trailer.

Dude is the devil, fuckin up stuff on purpose

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I think it is us the viewer who is going to be revealed to be mephisto

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

doctor strange annulled peter's marriage

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

I think its this.

Why else does he still have the eye of agammoto? Thanos crushed it after Strange hid away the time stone, but hes wearing it there in the trailer.

Dude is the devil, fuckin up stuff on purpose

I expect at some point for at least one of these upcoming movies to be set in a universe that ISN'T the prime MCU that we've been in all this time but they don't tell us until partway through. It's too tempting of a low hanging fruit premise for them to resist.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

mephisto being all

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Is it weird that I kind of want it to actually be reformed-ish Doc Ock from the end of the movie? And then he can team up with Strange and the Spider-Men. Idk, I just think it'd be a neat twist. Although, it would leave the teams a bit lopsided...

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Cattail Prophet posted:

Is it weird that I kind of want it to actually be reformed-ish Doc Ock from the end of the movie? And then he can team up with Strange and the Spider-Men. Idk, I just think it'd be a neat twist. Although, it would leave the teams a bit lopsided...

It is a little weird that Ock and Sandman are going against Peter since they had been sympathetic.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Oh duh,I missed it at first but the main villain could be The Sinister Six, right? Ock, Goblin, Electro, Vulture and Mysterio have all been introduced, you only need Kraven.

Not certain but it's a possibility now, or maybe for next movie

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Oh duh,I missed it at first but the main villain could be The Sinister Six, right? Ock, Goblin, Electro, Vulture and Mysterio have all been introduced, you only need Kraven.

... So of they Bring in Ock and Goblin from Spider-Maguire's universe, Electro from Spider-Garfield's Universe, and Vulture from Spider-Holland's universe, that still leaves the door open to bring in Bruce Campbell as a new Mysterio.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I kind of love that the big trailer leak for No Way Home forced the hand of Disney to just release the trailer already.

Unless it was planned to be released today and I just missed the news about it?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

AndyElusive posted:

I kind of love that the big trailer leak for No Way Home forced the hand of Disney to just release the trailer already.

Unless it was planned to be released today and I just missed the news about it?

The teaser had clearly been cut. Some dickwad from a VFX company decided he wanted to beat Sony to it.

(No Way Home is not a Disney movie.)

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I am loving the old Spider-Man theme song in there.

They’ve been using it again since Homecoming.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
If I weren't suffering from burnout, I would be very hyped right now. Big reveals aside, I appreciate Peter and Strange doing stuff together. I like super heroes hanging out and being pals.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Vulture, Electro, Sandman, Scorpion/Lizard.

Vulture is the only one that doesn't appear in the trailer

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Infinitum posted:

Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Vulture, Electro, Sandman, Scorpion/Lizard.

Vulture is the only one that doesn't appear in the trailer

the Ultimate Sinister Six had Peter as it's final member, maybe that's gonna be one of the others?

Venomized Garfield? (The actor, not the cat)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

BooDooBoo posted:

Venomized Garfield? (The cat)

Sold!