Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

In It For The Tank posted:

I'm more curious to see how Davos and the loyalists got Jon's body away from the mutineers in the first place.

From that other trailer, it appears that the mutineers just left Jon's body outside after they killed it. So it's likely that some loyalists found Jon deader than disco the next morning, and brought him inside before the bad guys were like "hey we should really deal with the remains".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"Meanwhile, back at the wall...."
*smash cut to that exact scene

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Per EW, there will be a media screening of the first episode on Sunday. Something tells me that we won't be getting Jon's resurrection in that episode, since spoilers will inevitably leak.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I could see Jon only being resurrected in the back half of the season. It'd give them more time to pretend he's not coming back.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Oh god I hope Olly gets killed. Watching Ghost rip him up might make up for how lovely a defender he's been.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I've been avoiding this thread and really, any Game of Thrones/GRRM news in general for the last 5 or 6 months. It has been a blissful and happy period of my life, but there is a sense of emptiness that has grown by the day. Brothers, I am back and ready for the Stranger's embrace.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Anonymous John posted:

From that other trailer, it appears that the mutineers just left Jon's body outside after they killed it. So it's likely that some loyalists found Jon deader than disco the next morning, and brought him inside before the bad guys were like "hey we should really deal with the remains".

Did they mean to kill him though? Maybe Varys cholorfourmed them and they woke up with swords in their hands and Jon tripped and fell on their swords.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Ballz posted:

I've been avoiding this thread and really, any Game of Thrones/GRRM news in general for the last 5 or 6 months. It has been a blissful and happy period of my life, but there is a sense of emptiness that has grown by the day. Brothers, I am back and ready for the Stranger's embrace.

They confirmed that job snow is dead hth

e: lollllllll at the text filter

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Honestly if they have Ghost and Davos die could the audience get any more apathetic about "Good guys never win"?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Ballz posted:

Don't worry, we haven't come up with any new jokes in the meantime! It's still Dany shits in a field, Twenty Good Men and "This Year, <x> is a writer on the show".

And I swear, if they kill off Ghost I'm gunna be so loving mad

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Imo the most offensive aspect of the inclusion of Olly and the potato farming village is the fact that potatoes shouldn't exist in westeros and that in fact the word potato doesn't appear once in the books.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?

lezard_valeth posted:

The bet currently is on Tyrion, due to a scene from the trailer. Of course he won't die.

Personally I believe things will get out of his control with the Sons of the Harpy (should have killed him when he was still in the Pit, shouldn't you? loving D&D and their self-induced plotholes) and he will be cornered with no option but to release the dragons.

On another note, I just discovered this theory and now I want to believe. Varys gonna screw everyone with his phantom dick :woop:

neatly summed up but I hate the way that dude pronounces Viserys (or have I been pronouncing it wrong in my head)
I never picked up before that Young Griff could be a BlackFyre and now I'm convinced he is - there is no way the Golden Company follows him if he isnt.

Ginette Reno posted:

I'm still trying to figure out what in the hell Varys' motivation is supposed to be in the show since they aren't going to have the whole Aegon thing.

I thought they were? Werent there casting rumours surrounding "a father and son" ?

Anonymous John posted:

Per EW, there will be a media screening of the first episode on Sunday. Something tells me that we won't be getting Jon's resurrection in that episode, since spoilers will inevitably leak.

agree. thinking the episode will end with that scene teased on Conan and we see the resurrection further down the line.

zVxTeflon posted:

that scene better end with ghost ripping out potato boys throat

conspiracy theory time - which actors have done the most pre-season press from year to year and did their characters end up dying in that season?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Imo the most offensive aspect of the inclusion of Olly and the potato farming village is the fact that potatoes shouldn't exist in westeros and that in fact the word potato doesn't appear once in the books.

Yeah but when HBO ran focus groups they found out that 95% of audience members wondered aloud "What the gently caress is a neep?"

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

How's potatoes different from beans, though? And beans do. Not just broad beans, which are justifiably Eurasian.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Jedimastafez posted:

I thought they were? Werent there casting rumours surrounding "a father and son" ?
"Father and son" can be a couple of peasants with a couple lines. People thinking they're the Griffs was kinda silly in the face of all the reasons why they're clearly cut.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I just want potato boy to eat it little bastard.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

emanresu tnuocca posted:

hahahahahahahahahaha now this is the thread I remember.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Jon is going to kill the mutineers and makes Ollie watch, then we'll hear that Ollie "Is a strong boy making a hard choice" as the next episode opens with him crying and miserable.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Someone whipped this up using a Kit Harington interview recently. I found it funny enough. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03ka06Ih8zE

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I figure they're going to have Jon kill Olly to make us wonder if being dead has changed Jon for the worse, not realizing that nobody has ever had positive emotions about Olly.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Liars, damned liars and Kit Harrington.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Soup du Jour posted:

I figure they're going to have Jon kill Olly to make us wonder if being dead has changed Jon for the worse, not realizing that nobody has ever had positive emotions about Olly.

Jon takes Olly's head off with Longclaw. Stoops down and picks it up. He makes it nod slightly and returns the nod before drop kicking it towards Ser Alliser tied up to a pyre.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
I think people are more looking forward to Olly's death than Joffrey's.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nah, Olly is awesome.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I bet all the traitors will die and then Davos or whoever will spare Olly and we'll have to deal with him running around being annoying all season trying to redeem himself.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Make Olly declare himself king of a potato, then hand him over to red woman.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I'm still kicking myself for honestly thinking that the writers were going to subvert expectations and have Olly try and warn Jon about the reason. But I'm sure that they thought that they were subverting expectations in having Olly part of it even though it was the most telegraphed thing ever.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
This year, Olly is part of the main cast on the show. His little emblem is of a potato.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The only really surprising thing they did with that was the Benjen fake-out.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Max posted:

The only really surprising thing they did with that was the Benjen fake-out.

There are rumors he really is back this season though.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Benjen comes back and they tell Jon, but he thinks it's another trap so he kills him by mistake.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Just thinking, wouldn't that scene with Davos etc been so much better if there was pyp, grenn and ed standing with Davos instead of a bunch of people we don't recognise.

It's not that hard a scenario though, homie dies and he's brought inside, Davos goes to "pay his respects" or whatever and the red woman says "hey just wait up before you bbq that bloke" and then allisers like "nah we gotta burn him bros" cue scene.

I would think we probably have to wait till end of ep 2 before he gets rezzed. Ep 1 is too likely to be leaked and I can't remember anything big being done in ep1 ever.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

So just so you guys are aware there are now spoilers out there of 'The Red Woman' from the Hollywood premiere. I didn't read them, I think I can wait 2 more weeks. Apparently it's a really good episode and got a standing ovation.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

TOOT BOOT posted:

So just so you guys are aware there are now spoilers out there of 'The Red Woman' from the Hollywood premiere. I didn't read them, I think I can wait 2 more weeks. Apparently it's a really good episode and got a standing ovation.

Olly torn to shreds by ghost confirmed.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

TOOT BOOT posted:

Confirmed fake.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

BlindSite posted:

Just thinking, wouldn't that scene with Davos etc been so much better if there was pyp, grenn and ed standing with Davos instead of a bunch of people we don't recognise.

It's not that hard a scenario though, homie dies and he's brought inside, Davos goes to "pay his respects" or whatever and the red woman says "hey just wait up before you bbq that bloke" and then allisers like "nah we gotta burn him bros" cue scene.

I would think we probably have to wait till end of ep 2 before he gets rezzed. Ep 1 is too likely to be leaked and I can't remember anything big being done in ep1 ever.

Them completely removing Edd's characterization and turning him into generic dude who follows Jon around is one of the things that really upsets me about the later seasons, although to be fair I don't remember him doing much else in the later books either. Early season/book Dolorous Edd was the best loving character.

"Oh look, more poo poo. I was starting to wonder what I'd do the with the rest of me day."

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI0ib1NErqg

Get loving hype

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
idk wtf is wrong with me but that poo poo still looks good.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Snowbowl, Cleganebowl. Any other bowls you guys think we'll get this season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

I think I saw Pod getting shanked :(

Also, Lady Sansaheart confirmed?

• Locked thread