Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Scruffpuff posted:

This isn't even theorycrafting any more - this is the fanbase assuming Star Citizen works like a Tulpa

It's also how the community has become an active part of the scam. By talking about their "game" anywhere and everywhere, in every context possible, it makes it look to the uninformed person as if Star Citizen is an actual thing that exists.

My tulpa punches above its weight

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Blue goblin with the “CIG will succeed whether or not anyone is left to play the game” narrative there is :discourse:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Virtual Captain posted:

In the longstanding absence of any game to play, this commando is attempting to start a Star Citizen D&D session.

So far they've matched the tech demo perfectly. 30+min loadscreen and multiple (skype) restarts. :laugh:

Oh, this is too perfect. Made my goddamn day. Beautiful.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

These are made by you.

[...]

Right? Also LAFFO at comparing herself to Gillian Andersen.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/PapaDolvak/status/1007783442711490561
https://twitter.com/LongscopeTV/status/1007829157064204290
https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/1007967404037689345
https://twitter.com/dawnofevil/status/1007887121770741760
https://twitter.com/PapaDolvak/status/1007783573297000448

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Whomever feels grief, let's rub to overcome this encumbrance.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Blue goblin with the “CIG will succeed whether or not anyone is left to play the game” narrative there is :discourse:

I just like the way Bluegoblin thinks the SC community getting hazed is somehow affecting development. :confused: CIG have never given a single gently caress about their community and are quite content to shamelessly squeeze them hard for their 'pledge' money.

It's ok Bluegoblin, CIG are brave, resilient and perfect and they will soldier onwards (without result) despite how many times their fleshy piggybanks get shaken by casual observers (or trolls/naysayers/haters as you call them).

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Sabreseven posted:

I just like the way Bluegoblin thinks the SC community getting hazed is somehow affecting development. :confused: CIG have never given a single gently caress about their community and are quite content to shamelessly squeeze them hard for their 'pledge' money.

It's ok Bluegoblin, CIG are brave, resilient and perfect and they will soldier onwards (without result) despite how many times their fleshy piggybanks get shaken by casual observers (or trolls/naysayers/haters as you call them).

But since the only real "game" right now IS jerking each other off on the forums, disrupting that does actually stall "development" aka the hyping and selling of jpgs.

Grubby Hobo
Feb 13, 2018

There's something else about bears not many people know. If a bear gets hooked on the taste of crowdfunding, it becomes a man-killer. He'll go on a rampage and has to be destroyed. And that's why you should never hug a bear.

Sabreseven posted:

I just like the way Bluegoblin thinks the SC community getting hazed is somehow affecting development. :confused:

"The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
- Peter Pan

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Zaphod42 posted:

But since the only real "game" right now IS jerking each other off on the forums, disrupting that does actually stall "development" aka the hyping and selling of jpgs.

I keep making the mistake of assuming there would be more to SC by now. :roflolmao:

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

that's the same loving weirdo that said Derek was going to kill himself when Squadron 45 came out and was a huge success or whatever, and that it would be goons' (grr gonns) fault because we enabled him.

I loving love it when people who have done nothing but obsess about Derek smart for three years get called out and try and pretend they don't care or were just doing a public service lol

No your honor I was digging through his garbage to make sure he was eating right! It's completely innocent I swear!

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Sabreseven posted:

I keep making the mistake of assuming there would be more to SC by now. :roflolmao:
There is certainly more promised features.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sabreseven posted:

I think we all lean into the fantasy a little because SC is just so stupid it's actually a bit difficult to believe how stupid it is.

A community of people who seasonally buy JPGs to theorycraft what one JPG will do over another JPG, before later buying other JPGs six months later and never actually getting a ship, a mechanic or a game.

And then tell the rest of us we "just want to tear something good down!"

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Just a friendly reminder that the few games ever released with Chris Roberts' name on them were released because, either:

- He was removed from the project forcibly and all his worthless contributions were ripped out by the roots and the game was rebuilt from the ground up by a different team leaving him with the dubious credit of "Original Concept"
- A team of actual game developers made the game itself while he hosed around pretending to be a movie director, then he changed one or two small things in the main game (like pixel color) allowing him to claim credit for the entire thing while completely sidelining the devs who did the actual work and game design

Star Citizen is doing a bangup job of following the second pattern. Will a miracle occur and allow the first pattern to recur? It's really the only hope for a game.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Beet Wagon posted:

We've got to be pretty close to peak theorycrafting here

You know, all things considered, I think they've done really good in designing ships and actually making them look good.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Scruffpuff posted:

Star Citizen is doing a bangup job of following the second pattern. Will a miracle occur and allow the first pattern to recur? It's really the only hope for a game.
Not in Cryengine it won't.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Scruffpuff posted:

- A team of actual game developers made the game itself while he hosed around pretending to be a movie director, then he changed one or two small things in the main game (like pixel color) allowing him to claim credit for the entire thing while completely sidelining the devs who did the actual work and game design
What about option three, games he may have worked on but are so far back as to be completely irrelevant to anyone without Lesnick's Fat Brain Syndrome?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Spiderdrake posted:

What about option three, games he may have worked on but are so far back as to be completely irrelevant to anyone without Lesnick's Fat Brain Syndrome?

I didn't include option 3 because he didn't really make the original Wing Commander either - a fact lost in the mists of time. Guess who the actual developers were.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Store Citizer: almost forgot these - #walmart #tweetfleet #worldcup #starcitizen

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Nebakenezzer posted:

These are made by you.

[...]

Right?

:iiam:

Technically, I aided in their construction. Yet I was channeling the animal spirits of the dreamweavers and theorycrafters all around us. In many cases, phrases and claims came from voices in the citizenry. There are those who speak of 100 million players in 5 years, and claim the pre-pre-Alpha build offers more gameplay than most AAA titles.

They are the authors in spirit. I’m just their messenger.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Scruffpuff posted:

I didn't include option 3 because he didn't really make the original Wing Commander either - a fact lost in the mists of time. Guess who the actual developers were.

On the one hand, credits of people one might have heard of related to this whole mess:

Wing Commander (1990)
• Erin Roberts: Design, QA, dogfight choreography (Amiga, SEGA CD),
• Warren Spector: Producer, documentation & reference editing
• Steve Cantrell: Writing, dialogue, story, QA, gameplay documentation & reference, documentation & reference editing, additional writing (Amiga, SEGA CD)
• Paul Isaac: Programming
↳ Secret Missions I
   • Spector: Documentation, producer
   • Cantrell: Design, writing, implementation, QA, documentation
   • Isaac: Programming
↳ Secret Missions II
   • Spector: Documentation
   • Cantrell: Documentation, special thanks
   • Isaac: Programming

Wing Commander II (1991)
• Spector: Documentation, documentation design & graphics
• David Ladyman: Documentation design & graphics
• Stephen Beeman: Director, story, software engineer
• Ellen Beeman: Assistant director, script, story
↳ Special Operations I
   • Ladyman: Packaging design & graphics
   • E. Beeman: Story, script, documentation, cons. director
↳ Special Operations II
   • Ladyman: Packaging design & graphics
   • E. Beeman: Story, script, documentation, cons. director
↳ CD ROM Edition
   • Roberts: Design, QA
   • Ladyman: Documentation Design & graphics, packaging design & graphics
   • Cantrell: Additional Documentation, QA, design, writing, implementation, special thanks
   • S. Beeman: Programming, design, software engineer, story, director
   • E. Beeman: Writing, implementation, QA, documentation, story, script, assistant director, voice direction, cons. director

Wing Commander: Privateer (1993)
• Roberts: Assistant producer
• Joel Manners: Original concept, lead design
• Ladyman: Document editing
↳ Righteous Fire
   • Spector: Producer

Strike Commander (1993)
• Roberts: Assistant producer
• Ladyman: Editing
• Paul Steed: RealSpace buildings, RealSpace planes and vehicles, documentation graphics
• Bill Baldwin: Cockpit, HUD, MFDs, audio system, RealSpace terrain editor, option scenes, library code
• Isaac: RealSpace system programming, graphics primitives, cockpit, HUD, MFDs, mission system, RealSpace object editor, library code
• Eric Hyman: Additional programming
↳ Tactical Operations
   — No familiar names

Super Wing Commander (1994)
• Hyman: Producer
• Isaac: Programmer

Wing Commander III (1994)
• Steed: Assistant art director, Realspace objects, mission briefing & animations
• Isaac: High-res 3D object editor

Wing Commander: Armada (1994)
• Steed: Graphics/artwork
• Ladyman: Editor

Wing Commander IV (1996)
• Steed: Graphics/3D programming
• Ladyman: Documentation
• Eric Peterson: (historical note)

Privateer 2 (1996)
• Roberts: Producer
• Ladyman: Documentation
• Simon Elms: Initial main plot design
• Nick Elms: 3D artist/object design
• Peterson: (historical note)

Wing Commander: Prophecy (1997)
• Syd Mead: Concept art
• David Swofford: Director of communications
• Ladyman: Documentation editor
• Isaac: Additional programming

Starlancer (2000)
• Roberts: Producer, original concept, game design,
• N. Elms: Original concept, game design, art direction, mission design
• S. Elms: Assistant project coordinator
• Peterson: Game design, assistant producer

Freelancer (2003)
• Isaac: Lead programmer

…and on the other hand, Chris' credits for various editions of the “Chris Roberts Games”:

Wing Commander (1990): Design, Director, Graphics/3D Programming, Lead design, Programming, Producer, Software Engineer, Space System
• Secret Missions I: Director, Producer, Programming
• Secret Missions II: Producer, Programming

Wing Commander II (1991): Producer
• Special Operations I: Creative Director
• Special Operations II: Creative Director

Wing Commander: Privateer (1993): Executive Producer, Original Concept
• Righteous Fire: None

Strike Commander (1993): Cameras, Cockpit, Director, Graphics, Library Code, Mission Design, Original Outline, Producer, RealSpace System Programming
• Tactical Operations: Producer

Super Wing Commander (1994): None

Wing Commander III (1994): Cast, Director, Executive Producer & Director for movies, Producer, Story

Wing Commander: Armada (1994): Producer

Wing Commander IV (1996): Executive Producer, Director

Privateer 2 (1996): None

Wing Commander: Prophecy (1997): Special thanks

Starlancer (2000): Executive Producer

Freelancer (2003): Original concept, Special thanks

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Cripes I thought Roberts was a genius with this stuff.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Has Sandi been doing too much coke? She looks unwell.

Also, for Dolvak, we know you read this thread. Stop trying to deflect; you couldn't, didn't and never tried to moderate r/star_citizen and made it an incubation chamber for jpeg autism instead of trying to inject some reason into your sub. Enjoy the fruits of your labor. You aren't winning this one. Lol

Star Citizen has been in development for as long as revenge op in Eve. Makes me want this game to come out even more, but we know it's not happening.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

He's a genius at getting his name attached to the hard work of others

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

no_recall posted:

Has Sandi been doing too much coke? She looks unwell.

Also, for Dolvak, we know you read this thread. Stop trying to deflect; you couldn't, didn't and never tried to moderate r/star_citizen and made it an incubation chamber for jpeg autism instead of trying to inject some reason into your sub. Enjoy the fruits of your labor. You aren't winning this one. Lol

Star Citizen has been in development for as long as revenge op in Eve. Makes me want this game to come out even more, but we know it's not happening.

Dolvak will forever be to me the guy that would tell everyone that Beer was a bad person and whenever Beer challenged him on it he'd loving walk right back out of there so fast you'd assume his lower body was on backwards to assist him in his backpedaling. He's the guy that wants to be the big fish and respected in the community but he's got absolutely zero qualities to enable it. I can only assume he got mod of that subreddit by accident because he sure as heck hasn't shown himself to be capable of using it.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I can only assume he got mod of that subreddit by accident because he sure as heck hasn't shown himself to be capable of using it.

Yea he's the Beet Wagon or the Beer4theBeerGod of r/sc.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I call that Beet is Dolvak and he single handedly began this reddit war.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Us goons run r/sc?

Good times, keep up the good work. We'll bring this one down on their heads soon enough.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
This is why no one wants to take over the Dolvak account, it's like a Dwarf Fortress progression LP where the last guy fucks off to make a museum and throne room when we're SUPPOSED to be building the lava launcher.

On a totally unrelated note, does anyone want to take over the Dolvak account from me this month?

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress this crossover has me wanted to resub to EVE. My ships are still staged in the last Goonswarm move. Where are we now staged now btw?

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Store Citizer : Resub to EVE Online.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Zzr posted:

I call that Beet is Dolvak and he single handedly began this reddit war.

This would not surprise me.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

no_recall posted:

gently caress this crossover has me wanted to resub to EVE. My ships are still staged in the last Goonswarm move. Where are we now staged now btw?

I got stuff all over the place. Eventually they come around again.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

no_recall posted:

With the recent changes to stations you can actually move all your stuff back to empire space. But:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

We've got to be pretty close to peak theorycrafting here

Going out on a limb and focusing my inner Chris Roberts:

The answer is yes! To both!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

no_recall posted:

Nullsec stations just changed over to being citadels, so you should be able to have your poo poo shipped wherever you want.