Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
janssendalt
May 7, 2015

:downsbravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014

Keep on believin' man, this game can't fail if you believe HARD enough!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

TheCoach posted:

Keep on believin' man, this game can't fail if you believe hatepledge HARD enough!

FTFY

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TheCoach posted:

Keep on believin' man, this game can't fail if you believe HARD enough!

"Don't stop! Believing! You got that shiiitizen feeeling!"

:gary:

mcjomar fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Nov 20, 2015

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Y9ooooooo get drunk, way better than sc!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

I'm the average framerate of 20 in a game that is supposed to support 10 times the players it currently does.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

This isn't good enough, they'll need to sell something else.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Assuming you've done what I will, and turned all the graphics "optimizations" down to low, that's pretty terrible.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Is the game out yet?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

AP posted:

:gary: PRRRAAAAAPPP! on a bomber jacket?

serious norman posted:

Is the game out yet?
You're posting in it.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

AP posted:

Don't forget, that was only day 1 of the 'sale'

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

The whales need to step up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74BzSTQCl_c

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I'll tell you the exact moment everything flipped for me was when I saw the GIF of CR doing that little dance and singing in the car moving his hands weirdly. While everyone else awkwardly watched.

Up until that point SC sounded like a cool idea and I had only read about CR. The articles painted him as some kind of Steve Jobs of videogames. When I saw that GIF I was like, "Whoa this isn't Steve Jobs this is just some fool."

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

Then how could Chris Roberts, a developer with more than 2 decades of experience, not know this? Say what you will about the state of the game but you can't deny that Croberts has repeatedly lied about dates when it's obvious in retrospect that there was no way he could have thought the "two weeks" "soon" "in the final stages" he gave out once in a while could possibly be true.

How does this fact alone not sour you to the whole thing?

Have you ever experienced Coke logic?

Edit for a bit I was panicked and worried that the entertainment this fiasco was going to dry up in the near future with the charts being posted. So I had to see it for myself and I calmed down. They are going to fleece nerds for millions and the laffs will continue to flow.

Bonus

Double bonus

neonbregna fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Nov 20, 2015

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Ignoring anything else that's hilariously wrong and broken about this crap, it is still amazing just how bad and boring the flight is. Every time a ship moves it feels like controlling an FPS game with clipping disabled. That they can't even get the most basic part of their space game to be fun or satisfying is a testament to their unending incompetence.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
guys, cut it some slack. Just having a pre-alpha that doesn't work after 3 years and $94 million is pretty normal. Give it a couple more years ffs.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

alphabettitouretti posted:

Ignoring anything else that's hilariously wrong and broken about this crap, it is still amazing just how bad and boring the flight is. Every time a ship moves it feels like controlling an FPS game with clipping disabled. That they can't even get the most basic part of their space game to be fun or satisfying is a testament to their unending incompetence.

One of the streamers made some comment to the effect of 'They turned off all physics for the ships because it was broken' or something like that

Surprise, a space game about flying space ships, and the space flight portion is broken

Jack the Stripper
Feb 9, 2014

Your local cheese loving, wooden shoes wearing drug addict.
Holy poo poo this is the most clever scam I've ever seen. Chris Roberts is a lazy genius, an example to us all.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Sappo569 posted:

One of the streamers made some comment to the effect of 'They turned off all physics for the ships because it was broken' or something like that

Surprise, a space game about flying space ships, and the space flight portion is broken

Of loving course. I'm sure it's fine though it's not like that is an integral part of a game like this.

Croberts is a cruel god. No physics for you, puny mortals.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Sappo569 posted:

How have the brown sea faithful not caught on yet? They can't even "fly" the five or so ships CIG somehow cobbled into their movie...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Sappo569 posted:

Timer gone.. black screen. lol

Absolute silence, no music or anything

Hello Darkness my old friend

I've come to talk with you again

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

AP posted:

Goons weren't rude enough about the stream to attract hate pledging

We failed

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

cutie posted:

actually they're showing off the new black jpeg that's about to go on sale

It's the new Obsidian class starfighter with space camo

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Berious posted:

Goons weren't rude enough about the stream to attract hate pledging

We failed

I mean 10k an hour is better than the < 1k they would normally be doing on the off-sale time

Are the other ships for sale new ships also, or are they just re-upping the ones already sold previous?

I can see a limited demand for the new ship, because they know how to make the whales erect for anything new, but I'm not sure they'll be very successful re--re-selling previously sold ships, again

Jack the Stripper
Feb 9, 2014

Your local cheese loving, wooden shoes wearing drug addict.

Alan Smithee posted:

It's the new Obsidian class starfighter with space camo

How much does it cost?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Raskolnikov posted:

How have the brown sea faithful not caught on yet? They can't even "fly" the five or so ships CIG somehow cobbled into their movie...

Autism

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Sappo569 posted:

I mean 10k an hour is better than the < 1k they would normally be doing on the off-sale time

Are the other ships for sale new ships also, or are they just re-upping the ones already sold previous?

I can see a limited demand for the new ship, because they know how to make the whales erect for anything new, but I'm not sure they'll be very successful re--re-selling previously sold ships, again

They showed us a new jpeg and a jpeg variant. I think if they had more they'd have shown them off . Will probably be resales and no doubt they'll bring back a bunch of poo poo they said was never coming back for sale. Doubt they make what would just be a normal month in 2014

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

janssendalt posted:

lol at goons in disbelieve

hey guys
this game is coming out, and it's gonna be the best

like this guy

PhD in game development and counting numbers

The above is a serious post, janssendalt really believes this.

janssendalt for future reference, you are going to have to make it clearer that you aren't joking in future.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Amarcarts posted:

I'll tell you the exact moment everything flipped for me was when I saw the GIF of CR doing that little dance and singing in the car moving his hands weirdly. While everyone else awkwardly watched.

Up until that point SC sounded like a cool idea and I had only read about CR. The articles painted him as some kind of Steve Jobs of videogames. When I saw that GIF I was like, "Whoa this isn't Steve Jobs this is just some fool."

They broke the juke box, a subscriber flair item.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
CIG support finally got back to me about my refund yesterday, wanted to know the "nature of my request". Pray for me.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Justin Tyme posted:

Hypothetically speaking, what would the largest possible map sizes look like with quad precision? Millions of lightyears?

At 128 bits, you dump the dumb thing that is floating point and just go with integers, because 1) they're much much cheaper to crunch and 2) (2^128) nanometres = 3.59686428 × 1013 light years. Yes, at the resolution of 1nm, you get that much throw out of a 128 bit integer. As a comparison, milky way is 105 light years across.

e:fb

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

AP posted:

They broke the juke box, a subscriber flair item.

How is it possible for aviators to look that bad on someone ?

Chocobo posted:

CIG support finally got back to me about my refund yesterday, wanted to know the "nature of my request". Pray for me.

They made over 200k in one day, paying you back should be cake for them

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Sappo569 posted:

They need an average (average over the entire sale) of at least 20k an hour to almost but not quite do as well as last year. This is day 1 when they should be well above the average.

They must have a Javelin, Idris, 890 Jump or new vanduul sale planned, if they don't and funding drops even more there'll be no hiding the money problem.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
This is gonna be a great tell-all book in 15 years. Why can't it be 15 years from now?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Wait, is PTU 2.0 out for everyone or just these loving streamers?

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Just the streamers. Only 1000 shitizens got access so far.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

mcjomar posted:

Just the streamers. Only 1000 shitizens got access so far.

Any ETA for public access?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Any ETA for public access?

In two weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Sappo569 posted:

How is it possible for aviators to look that bad on someone ?

I'm going to guess because they're a round shape, and when you put a round shape on another round shape (Mr Roberts potato face), it looks weird. It accentuates his play-doh like features in a negative way.

At least that's my theory.

• Locked thread