Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

But Quentin and Laurie were many moons ago, and now BHVR has Nicolas Cage money... :v:

You just know Nic was excited as hell to be in DBD, they probably got him for a steal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

gently caress Aliens, I hope the entire chapter is only Alien (1979) themed

Well the reveal was Alien, not Aliens

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

BitBasher posted:

Well the reveal was Alien, not Aliens

Good :colbert:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I still want Alien 3 content, as the resident Alien 3 apologist.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Sorry, Behavioral could only afford one of the films so you're getting Vriess as your survivor

watch out for inclines

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Relyssa posted:

You just know Nic was excited as hell to be in DBD, they probably got him for a steal.

I watched a bit of an interview with Mathieu Cote - I think this is the one? - and he said part of why Cage was so okay with it is that his son apparently plays DBD.

He also said that they've been talking about introducing a real person for a while (like, celebrities - not IRL killers, even stuff like Jack The Ripper, he made it clear that has always been a hard no) but it's hard because there's the risk of them turning out to be a weirdo later. And Nicolas Cage was an easy choice because he wears his weirdness on his sleeve, you already know what to expect. and said something like Nicolas Cage's secret weirdness is probably that he watches Real Housewives while wearing bunny slippers or something.

He also said that, before this, they'd asked Tony Hawk, and Tony Hawk pretty much said nah I can't because my name is already committed to a different video game brand. Like that's the only thing stopping you from playing Tony loving Hawk in an endless cycle of being murdered by movie slashers, is "sorry, Tony Hawk Pro Skater already exists".

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Oh man that sucks, Tony Hawk in DbD would be hilarious and cool. Can't believe how strong that non-compete clause must be. :haw:

I appreciate that they have No Real Life Killers rules and get around it so smartly. You can tell Blight got the lion's share of any ideas they had for a victorian killer, and so on.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Had my first killer match with a replacement bot after a Nea disconnected on her second down. Using Pyramid Head, hooooo boy it's a good thing I got my cage daily. Good luck tormenting a bot, they have a sixth sense about the trenches, and dodge Punishment like they were Neo.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Bots are, on average, much much much better than survivors. They are so good at loops it's insane. It's actually hilarious how op they can be

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Man RPD is just miserable on Oni huh.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Man RPD is just miserable on Oni huh.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Weirdly enough, I always find that RPD is a blessing when I’m playing Myers or Ghosty. So many good places to stalk from.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tiny Myers posted:

400k just feels even more pathetic after the anniversary event where that was, like, a couple games. You can still get that easily in a few matches if you get lucky and people bring a few cakes.

Exactly. As a killer if I bring Survivor Pudding or something, I can easily get 400k blood points in less than an hour tops.

Tiny Myers posted:

Just give us like, an occasional freebie outfit that's already in the store (or some pittance of iridescent shards if we already owned it), or an outfit that's a preview of an upcoming collection.

I think the ideal would be enough in-game currency that you'd be able to buy a cool outfit in a couple of months or something. That way you motivate people to keep subscribing and they can actually get something neat.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

They should give Nick Cage an alt outfit that's just the tiger t-shirt and tightie whities from Mandy.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

I honestly like a lot of the loops on RCPD but yeah, killers whose powers rely on not being hosed over by collision have a much harder time there. Also, Made For This is incredibly miserable there if someone decides to just keep holding W and taking vaults. You will never loving catch up. May as well let them go, they're gone.

I had the same problem with a couple people before the Made For This update and it made me retroactively realize they were almost certainly using speedhacks.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I actually don't really mind RCPD with Oni/Blight/Billy. It seems like it would be miserable but there's a lot of corridors where the survivors can't avoid your rushing

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It's a nasty map for Pyramid Head since there's just not much place to go to dodge his lasers

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Tiny Myers posted:

I honestly like a lot of the loops on RCPD but yeah, killers whose powers rely on not being hosed over by collision have a much harder time there. Also, Made For This is incredibly miserable there if someone decides to just keep holding W and taking vaults. You will never loving catch up. May as well let them go, they're gone.

I had the same problem with a couple people before the Made For This update and it made me retroactively realize they were almost certainly using speedhacks.

Unless you're LilithOmen, and what would be an inopportune Blight collision for anyone else just increases your power.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pyrolocutus posted:

Unless you're LilithOmen, and what would be an inopportune Blight collision for anyone else just increases your power.

He's one of my favorite streamers. Just the most skilled Blight you'll ever see, and he's insanely positive and optimistic. Like, I like watching Angrypug but (as per his name) he just gets angry and pissed all the time and hates the game. LilithOmen gets killed when he's playing survivor all he does is laugh his rear end off and talk about how awful he is.

It's also funny when you see a streamer who plays killer and only uses one or two killers non stop, LilithOmen knows everything about Blight but then yesterday I watched him play survivor and he kept grumbling how much he hated Cenobite's chain hunts, meanwhile he's grabbing the box and never solving it heh.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Oh poo poo, I followed LilithOmen recently! He's so loving positive. :3: I was really impressed both with his skill and how nice and chill he was when talking with his chat. Super cool guy. I think he does all his stream art himself, too?

https://twitch.tv/lilithomen

I love watching people who are super good at the game but simultaneously really chill about it. The dream, honestly. I love Otz to bits but sometimes he gets super stressed out during games (I dunno if he's playing it up or what) like it's a fuckin comp match or something and it makes me really tense.

In the same vein I'll recommend Ralph, a cracked 7k+ hour huntress main who avoids camping and even M1ing. He's just here to get sick shots with hatchets (and my god does he ever) while chilling. Southern accent smooth as butter.

https://twitch.tv/ralph

On the opposite end of the spectrum is Skermz, who mostly plays survivor and occasionally killer (he's extremely good at Blight). High energy all the time, very stupid, very funny. "Chill" in the sense that yes he shrieks when he gets hit but ultimately isn't taking the game very seriously. He makes the game look like a Looney Tunes episode. Prone to the occasional poo poo take (and so is his chat, especially), but he plays enough killer to be way more tolerable than your average survivor main. He also has clip compilations.

https://twitch.tv/skermz

You might remember Limmy, from Limmy's Show and other projects. Perhaps most known outside of Europe for the steel's heavier than feathers bit.

Did you know he streams on Twitch? Did you know he plays a lot of DBD? Did you know he's a cracked Nurse? He does both roles, but mostly Killer. He does a lot of toxic behavior for a laugh (like typing GG EZ), which isn't my favorite, but it is kind of a guilty pleasure to watch him purposely try to make survivors as miserable as possible.

https://twitch.tv/limmy

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1687116245592924160?s=20

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

But Baldur's Gate III is out today, we don't have time for this! That Clown outfit is very nice, though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The first challenge is "Disturb 20 crows". I heard that Lery's was the best map to do this on, so I decided to take Legion so she could run around the map. Since I wasn't planning on winning, just looking for crows, I didn't take a meta build.

Welp, disturbed my 20 crows at 5 gens left and they kept running into my knife.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

How grindy is the new tome if you only care about the killer cosmetics? I remember I could do the Dredge tome last Christmas in a couple of pretty short sessions, so I'm hoping for the same.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

How grindy is the new tome if you only care about the killer cosmetics? I remember I could do the Dredge tome last Christmas in a couple of pretty short sessions, so I'm hoping for the same.

Not bad at all. To get the 2 available Clown cosmetics the path I took -

* Disturb 20 Crows (Easily done, go to Lery's and just run around)
* 8 hooks
* Break 8 walls or gens
* <Knife Cosmetic>
* Hit 6 times with your weapon (Generally M1, not M2)
* <Clown Hat Cosmetic>

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Apparently the event bonuses for survivor are only if you complete the generator yourself, where killer just has to hook. Which is dumb, they should give you a bonus when any survivor completes a gen. Was watching some streamers today where even in 4-5 offering lobbies the survivors were getting 20k BP while the killers were getting 90k-130k.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Medullah posted:

Apparently the event bonuses for survivor are only if you complete the generator yourself, where killer just has to hook. Which is dumb, they should give you a bonus when any survivor completes a gen. Was watching some streamers today where even in 4-5 offering lobbies the survivors were getting 20k BP while the killers were getting 90k-130k.

Thats stupid, which of course makes perfect BHVR sense.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Medullah posted:

Are you sure? I just had a match where I completed 0 generators myself and still made decent points. 3 got done in total but none by me.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sokani posted:

Are you sure? I just had a match where I completed 0 generators myself and still made decent points. 3 got done in total but none by me.

I haven't tested myself but it's all over Twitter.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/dvveet/status/1687252289533399042?t=rDmqEYTM8kzVy2oDTR1W0Q&s=19

Show us Pinhead's gently caress maze you cowards

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Isn't the junkyard Wraith's map?

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Medullah posted:

Isn't the junkyard Wraith's map?

Yes, hence the "changed" part. :)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Comfortador posted:

Yes, hence the "changed" part. :)

Fair enough.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Wesker hug tech is hard

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1687463529303912448?s=20

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I thought that each scourge hook perk would add additional scourge hooks, hopefully getting all of them if I ran four. They do not do that :geno:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Danaru posted:

I thought that each scourge hook perk would add additional scourge hooks, hopefully getting all of them if I ran four. They do not do that :geno:

Yeah but if they did that you wouldn't know which hook was tied to which perk, there's no way they'd have 16 scourge hooks that stacked all the benefits on each.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Maybe I'm paranoid but it feels disingenuous to post this as "trending with the update" when it's sampling data for the last three months, including an entire month before Made For This came out. Like trying to combat complaints about how common it is. If you did just the last week or month, I think it'd be near the top of the list.

Surprised that Pain Resonance managed to be so common despite the nerf though - or Pop, for that matter. I wonder if Mangled status is going to get tweaked to be less punishing with how popular Sloppy is, and it feels like the writing is on the wall for poor Jolt since the devs haven't been subtle about how they love to balance on statistics alone.

Played Killer for the first time in a while, trying out the new event. My first game, messing around, no camping or tunneling, rotating hooks. Pinhead for my daily. I'm rusty, so no kills and plenty of mistakes. Everyone teabags in the gate and they stick around and fast vault noise spam to try and get me to come after I leave.

A couple games later, playing Mr. Puddles Clown on RCPD. Again, no tunneling, no camping, rotating hooks. Takes them forever to get the gens done anyway. Many attempts at flashlight blinds and not a single one succeeds. I ended up letting two of them go on purpose because, well, first day of the new event, and they were wearing matching Feng Min bunny outfits. Even let them get heals and blinds in the gate while being silly and spinning around - a favor they returned by doing "come here" then running out before I got close enough to hit, even if they were healthy. But like, whatever, sometimes people try to give a hit then accidentally find the boundary of the gate is a little closer than expected.

Nope. Same person to gesture and run out says "ez" in endgame chat.

I tell them I purposely let them go. "no you didn't, i got out, i own you, lol". So I remind them of the time where one person was dead, one person was hooked, one person was on the floor, and they were literally right there and injured in front of me, but instead of slugging for the 4k, I simply picked up and left. Didn't stick around to see whatever dipshit rebuttal they'd have to that one.

:sigh: I really wonder why I bother with this game sometimes when the community is so rotten. I don't care if you don't mess around or give the killer free hits or whatever, that doesn't bother me. Just the bare minimum of not acting like a dickhead to your fellow human beings.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tiny Myers posted:

Surprised that Pain Resonance managed to be so common despite the nerf though - or Pop, for that matter. I wonder if Mangled status is going to get tweaked to be less punishing with how popular Sloppy is, and it feels like the writing is on the wall for poor Jolt since the devs haven't been subtle about how they love to balance on statistics alone.

Pain Res got nerfed, but then it got buffed. Still can only use it 4 times but the percentage was raised from 15% to 25%. That's still pretty huge even if it's only 4 uses.

Similarly, Pop got a small nerf but then a buff back up so it's 30% progress loss. That's still huge and you can do it 12 times. Well...11 since at 12 you've won. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Tiny Myers posted:

Maybe I'm paranoid but it feels disingenuous to post this as "trending with the update" when it's sampling data for the last three months, including an entire month before Made For This came out. Like trying to combat complaints about how common it is. If you did just the last week or month, I think it'd be near the top of the list.

BHVR always present this kinda stuff pretty dishonestly to try and make people think it's not so bad or whatever their goal with it is.