Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Macaluso posted:

I haven't played this game, so I'm only going on youtube videos, but don't you also have to answer the questions at the end a specific way?

He's talking about the secret ending to Kingdom Hearts 2, not 3DS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
oh okay. I'm not sure about the secret bosses then, but I'm pretty sure you have to fill in absolutely everything in Jiminy's Journal. Or is that for the Ultima Weapon? I never got either one myself because the requirements were too much. Especially dumb cause they basically just give you Goofy and Donald's ultima weapons :mad:

Quarter Past Ten
Jan 17, 2012

When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?
If you're playing on proud mode in Kingdom Hearts 2, you just need to beat the game and the movie will play right after the credits. If you're playing on standard you need to fill out the journal completely.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I'm talking about the first game actually, where the conditions for the secret video on expert mode are just to seal all the keyholes which I have done.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

What do you actually get to keep if you do a new game+? I'm kinda tempted to do one on a higher difficulty but I'm fairly close to making some star-rank Dream Eaters and I don't wanna lose my items.

That being said, I'm almost level 100 on both my characters so...

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

ActionZero posted:

I'm talking about the first game actually, where the conditions for the secret video on expert mode are just to seal all the keyholes which I have done.

If you're playing the Final Mix version, apparently you have to complete the journal on Proud mode.

If you're playing the original game, I don't know what to tell you. You sealed Olympus Coliseum's keyhole (yellow trinity mark in the lobby), right? It can be easy to miss.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Shamelessly stolen from the KH wiki:

KH1
Another side, Another story...

Normal Difficulty - Beat the game with Complete Hades Cup; found all 99 Puppies; all Keyholes sealed.
Expert Difficulty - Beat the game Sealing every Keyhole.

Another Side, Another Story [deep dive] (Final Mix only)

Standard Mode - Beat the game with these conditions: Complete the Hades Cup; find all 99 Puppies; seal every Keyhole; complete Jiminy's Journal.
Proud Mode - Beat the game Sealing every Keyhole and completing Jiminy's Journal.

KH2
Sunset Horizons

Beginner Mode: Cannot be unlocked.
Standard Mode: Complete Jiminy's Journal.
Proud Mode: Finish the game, unlock Gates in all worlds.
(Final Mix only): Finish the game on any difficulty.

"Birth by Sleep" (Final Mix only)

Beginner Mode: the video is not available.
Standard Mode you must beat the game, complete Jiminy's Journal, all Gummi Missions, and get the Gold Crown.
Proud Mode you need to complete the game, get the Gold Crown, and complete Jiminy's Journal.
For Critical Mode you need to beat the game and get the Gold Crown.

BBS

Final Episode: Complete all character stories, and have all the Xehanort Reports.
Secret Episode (Final Mix only): Same as above.

Blank Points

Beginner Mode - Not accessible.
Standard Mode - Complete the Final Episode and the Reports section for each character.
Proud Mode - Complete the Final Episode.
Critical Mode - Complete the Final Episode.

KH:Recoded

Signs of What's Next

20 trophies must be collected and the game must be completed.
---

To summerise; gently caress Jiminy.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

ActionZero posted:

Did you seal the one in Olympus Coliseum? What about Hundred-Acre Wood?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Did you seal the one in Olympus Coliseum? What about Hundred-Acre Wood?

Yes and yes, and I'm not playing Final Mix so that should be enough to trigger it.

edit: VVV not really, I'm just mildly puzzled.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Aug 25, 2012

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Does it really matter when you have YouTube a couple of clicks away?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

What do you actually get to keep if you do a new game+? I'm kinda tempted to do one on a higher difficulty but I'm fairly close to making some star-rank Dream Eaters and I don't wanna lose my items.

That being said, I'm almost level 100 on both my characters so...

Your spirits and your records. Make those star-rank Dream Eaters now, 'cause you won't have any crafting material going with you.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

ActionZero posted:

Yes and yes, and I'm not playing Final Mix so that should be enough to trigger it.

edit: VVV not really, I'm just mildly puzzled.

You gathered up all the dalmatians and claimed the reward for them, too? Beyond that, I think the only keyhole that can be missed is in Traverse Town.

On the world map, check each world for the keyhole symbol next to it; every world except Monstro should have one if you've sealed up its keyhole. I'm puzzled too, honestly; I've played the game twice now and didn't come close to 100%-ing it either time, but got the cutscene both times.

NIV3K
Jan 8, 2010

:rolleyes:
God drat this game can get pretty abusive with the stun lock. Its extremely aggravating when it stunlocks and kills you and then you have to start the entire level over because the last save point was at the beginning. But I still love the game, so even then I can't rage quit.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

You gathered up all the dalmatians and claimed the reward for them, too? Beyond that, I think the only keyhole that can be missed is in Traverse Town.

I've now done all the keyholes, dalmations and the Hades cup which are the criteria for normal mode so I'll have another bash at Ansem later and see if it works then. If that doesn't do it I'll chalk it up to PCSX2 glitching up and I'm not digging out my PS2 when I can just youtube it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

So I finally picked up BbS and while I don't completely understand the mechanics, I'm having a lot of fun. It's just been so long since I played a KH game.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've been playing Dream Drop Distance for a few hours now (The last Kingdom Hearts game I played was the original), and it's been pretty fun. But how do I get a Dream Eater from the AR card? Maybe I've gone blind or something, I just can't find any AR related options at all.

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem

YggiDee posted:

I've been playing Dream Drop Distance for a few hours now (The last Kingdom Hearts game I played was the original), and it's been pretty fun. But how do I get a Dream Eater from the AR card? Maybe I've gone blind or something, I just can't find any AR related options at all.

When you go into the dream eater option, just place the card in front of your camera, it'll read it automatically.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

YggiDee posted:

I've been playing Dream Drop Distance for a few hours now (The last Kingdom Hearts game I played was the original)

Good luck with the plot :smith:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Good luck with the plot :smith:
I've seen that Google Document that's floating around, so I already knew it was hopeless. I just assume each and every single non-Disney character is Ansem, via time-travel and plastic surgery. Including Sora.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

YggiDee posted:

I've seen that Google Document that's floating around, so I already knew it was hopeless. I just assume each and every single non-Disney character is Ansem, via time-travel and plastic surgery. Including Sora.

Replace Ansem with Xehanort and you are in fact correct!

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Aug 27, 2012

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
^^^ That's probably spoilers there. But yeah I was gonna say the same thing :v:

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Well, turns out that when you can beat Sephiroth without too much trouble (I forgot to fill my slots with Elixirs but somehow managed to stop him getting off Heartless Angel every time) then Ansem stops providing any real challenge. Got ASAS this time so I guess there's something odd about the PAL version's requirements for the video. Done everything now so it's time for Re:CoM, I hope I can make sense of this card mechanic.

edit: VVVV Yeah, if you get to him with dodge roll or super glide and hit him before the halo appears over Sora's head it cancels the attack.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Aug 27, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Wait you can stop him from using Heartless Angel?

I always just took it and then used an Elixir

NIV3K
Jan 8, 2010

:rolleyes:
Just beat Dream Drop Distance. Ugh, I don't why I even try anymore to understand this bullshit. I mean, I found the game fun, but this plot is just literally getting worse and worse with every game released.

Did this game literally just invalidate everything that happened in BBS? I mean, it seems like Xehanort only created the false X-Blade by splitting Ventus because he was bored waiting for his Plan A to come to fruition. And the trio's attempts to thwart his Plan B just literally put the good-side at a massive disadvantage. Did Terranort even lose his memories? It seemed that way at the end of BBS, but 3D makes it seem like that affliction lasted all of five minutes. It just really seems like BBS was a complete win for Xehanort.

And if Xehanort's Heartless knew all along that you could only get to the real Kingdom Hearts with the X-Blade, then what the gently caress was he doing trying to find another way to Kingdom Hearts. Is he really this ADD? Because his dumbass attempt ended up blowing him up. I mean, Time Travel fixes all mistakes, but isn't this guy a supposed Grand Master of Xanatos Speed Chess? Why the gently caress does he keep doing things that result in him getting put to death in his current form. I think Nomura should have called Xehanort's power what it really was. The man has infinite lives, so there's no reason anyone should oppose him because will just out last you.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

kthegreat posted:

Just beat Dream Drop Distance. Ugh, I don't why I even try anymore to understand this bullshit. I mean, I found the game fun, but this plot is just literally getting worse and worse with every game released.

Did this game literally just invalidate everything that happened in BBS? I mean, it seems like Xehanort only created the false X-Blade by splitting Ventus because he was bored waiting for his Plan A to come to fruition. And the trio's attempts to thwart his Plan B just literally put the good-side at a massive disadvantage. Did Terranort even lose his memories? It seemed that way at the end of BBS, but 3D makes it seem like that affliction lasted all of five minutes. It just really seems like BBS was a complete win for Xehanort.

And if Xehanort's Heartless knew all along that you could only get to the real Kingdom Hearts with the X-Blade, then what the gently caress was he doing trying to find another way to Kingdom Hearts. Is he really this ADD? Because his dumbass attempt ended up blowing him up. I mean, Time Travel fixes all mistakes, but isn't this guy a supposed Grand Master of Xanatos Speed Chess? Why the gently caress does he keep doing things that result in him getting put to death in his current form. I think Nomura should have called Xehanort's power what it really was. The man has infinite lives, so there's no reason anyone should oppose him because will just out last you.

Nomura probably didn't plan that far ahead. Reminds me of Metal Gear in a lot of ways.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Wait you can stop him from using Heartless Angel?

I always just took it and then used an Elixir

All it takes is to whack him in the head and it cancels it out, no matter what KH game you're fighting him in.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Alteisen posted:

Nomura probably didn't plan that far ahead. Reminds me of Metal Gear in a lot of ways.

I'm pretty sure he's had most of the rest of the plot written since KHIIFM+, considering coded, BBS, and 358/2 Day were all being produced at once

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I'm pretty sure he's had most of the rest of the plot written since KHIIFM+, considering coded, BBS, and 358/2 Day were all being produced at once

I find it pretty hard to believe that 358/2 Days was being written at a time when they seriously legitimately had "Organization XIII has hearts, they're all just being lied to in order to create Xehanort~halfs~" as an actual plot point. I'm pretty sure that would have at least come up a little.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

ImpAtom posted:

I find it pretty hard to believe that 358/2 Days was being written at a time when they seriously legitimately had "Organization XIII has hearts, they're all just being lied to in order to create Xehanort~halfs~" as an actual plot point. I'm pretty sure that would have at least come up a little.

there are secret reports alluding to Xemnas having a secret plan that he isn't telling anyone. In fact, it comes up in regular scenes a few times, too.

I'll find some specifics and get back to you.

Edit: this is the final one and it definitely implies Xemnas has plans that he isn't telling anyone. In KHIIFM there is an extra scene with Xigbar and Zexion talking about how Xemnas clearly isn't telling them something. Maybe he didn't have the exact specifics down, but the story, yes.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 28, 2012

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

there are secret reports alluding to Xemnas having a secret plan that he isn't telling anyone. In fact, it comes up in regular scenes a few times, too.

I'll find some specifics and get back to you

Oh, the "secret plan" thing was there for certain since even FM+ has Aqua's armor sitting around while Xenmas talks at it but it very specifically being "everything about Nobodies is false, also Xehanorts" is a pretty big asspull.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Alteisen posted:

I dunno. MGS4 managed to wrap everything up pretty well in the end. I don't see hope for this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Magikoopa189 posted:

I dunno. MGS4 managed to wrap everything up pretty well in the end. I don't see hope for this.

They've got everything pretty set up to be wrapped up actually. Everyone evil is Xehanort or part-Xehanort, everyone good has a Keyblade. All the good guys with Keyblades punch the Xehanorts until there are no more Xehanorts. At some point Sora or Xehanort (or both) gets a X-blade. Plot end.

Xehanorts

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

At some point Sora or Xehanort (or both) gets a X-blade. Plot end.

Xehanorts

I'm totally expecting a Harry Potter thing from this. Sora's keyblade breaks, he uses the X-Blade instead, but then repairs his own at the end. I just get that feeling.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

ImpAtom posted:

everything about Nobodies is false

Wait why do you say this?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Wait why do you say this?

Their entire motivation in the previous games was that they had no hearts and thus everything they felt was fake and false and they wanted to become Real Boys. 3DS reveals that Nobodies without hearts just can grow new ones and Xenmas was blowing smoke up their rear end to prep then for Xehanorting. Not to mention that dying just meant that they came back to life fixed as long as someone wrecked their Heartless in the past.

Re:Coded is technically the one that reveals they come back after dying but everything else is pretty straightforwardly "nah, all that poo poo was just Xenmas loving with everyone. He's a dick like that."

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 28, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

ImpAtom posted:

Their entire motivation in the previous games was that they had no hearts and thus everything they felt was fake and false and they wanted to become Real Boys. 3DS reveals that Nobodies without hearts just can grow new ones and Xenmas was blowing smoke up their rear end to prep then for Xehanorting. Not to mention that dying just meant that they came back to life fixed as long as someone wrecked their Heartless in the past.

Re:Coded is technically the one that reveals they come back after dying but everything else is pretty straightforwardly "nah, all that poo poo was just Xenmas loving with everyone. He's a dick like that."

Ok. I agree, I just thought you worded it weirdly. Also I don't think any of them (including Xehanort) knew that you come back if both your Nobody and Heartless are destroyed. The whole thing was basically an experiment, anyway!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I mentioned this in the current KH1 lp thread and I'll repeat it here.

That "League of Disney Villains" scene in the first game is so awesome. Why couldn't they stick closer to that for the plots. Instead of an army of Xehanorts, they should have had an army of Disney baddies lead by the main bad guy. It seriously trivializes the Disney worlds.

Liar Lyre fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Aug 28, 2012

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Magikoopa189 posted:

Replacing Xehanort with Nanomachines does make an odd amount of sense...

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Liar Lyre, fix your spoiler tags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver