Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

I am ashamed of all of you getting starry-eyed after a single Daytona win and forgetting his incredible ability to back-mark in 4 million dollars worth of race car. Dale sucks.
Hey now, sitting in better-than-you-deserve equipment for years and not doing much with it is a NASCAR tradition! Casey Mears, David Ragan, Jeff Burton, this list can go on forever!

Besides, that doesnt make him any less of a :shobon: dude. The fact that the dude can at least assemble reasonable sentences makes him a whole hell of a lot better than most of the other drivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Peanut President posted:

BR tracks added grip on the high side so you could pass up there. The stock game only had "grip" on the bottom of the corner. I think they only did it to big tracks.

Thanks Dave 'Race cars actually have no grip' Kaemmer.

SPiTZ
Aug 9, 2004

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

Back in the day Jr also used to hold several Jooh-Jewt-Sooh tournaments as a convenient cover for spending times with powerful man-legs wrapped around his torso. I am ashamed of all of you getting starry-eyed after a single Daytona win and forgetting his incredible ability to back-mark in 4 million dollars worth of race car. Dale sucks.

I'm not Dale Jr. fan, but you should recognize that he hasn't exactly been "backmarking" it and has been developing consistency at least. He's been in the chase the last 3 years. I think a big part of it is that his weekly focus on the telecasts for the last couple years got Danica'd.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
As some of you know, he used to iRace too and was like the best driver and the safest driver on ovals at the same time. He used to make late model setups and share them for people to use.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

SPiTZ posted:

I'm not Dale Jr. fan, but you should recognize that he hasn't exactly been "backmarking" it and has been developing consistency at least. He's been in the chase the last 3 years. I think a big part of it is that his weekly focus on the telecasts for the last couple years got Danica'd.

Fuckin' Danica is in the series for a year logging laps and it's a loving joke but when Jr. spends a motherfucking decade "developing consistency" that's ok?

What the gently caress do half of you smoke before you post poo poo? :psyduck:

e- Here's a thought, if you need time to learn how to drive a Cup car you probably shouldn't be in goddamned Cup.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Mar 8, 2014

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I really want to toxx myself into doing the canned heat dance in an Earnhardt racing suit if he wins the cup but I thought that through.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Why does anyone who has 20 wins get compared to Danica or hasn't developed enough yet what the hell

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Uncle Jam posted:

Why does anyone who has 20 wins get compared to Danica or hasn't developed enough yet what the hell

Because most of his wins came in the Gen 4 car that his daddy taught him on and Eury Sr. called for him, along with a few wins here or there that a lot of people think were gifted to him for the story after his dad died. CoT hits, Eury Sr. leaves, BANG, Jr. sucks.

e- To be fair, not many drivers can win with multiple crew chiefs. Gordon fell off a cliff when Evernham left, Petty the same when Inman left, DW was best with Hammond, I can go on. So that's not a Jr. specific thing.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 8, 2014

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Uncle Jam posted:

Because some people are fuckin lunatic morons.

The Lazer
Jul 22, 2005
I turned 18 and all I got was this stupid account.

VikingSkull posted:

Because most of his wins came in the Gen 4 car that his daddy taught him on and Eury Sr. called for him, along with a few wins here or there that a lot of people think were gifted to him for the story after his dad died. CoT hits, Eury Sr. leaves, BANG, Jr. sucks.

e- To be fair, not many drivers can win with multiple crew chiefs. Gordon fell off a cliff when Evernham left, Petty the same when Inman left, DW was best with Hammond, I can go on. So that's not a Jr. specific thing.

So Danica has Tony motherfuckin' Stewart to teach her to drive in this new car. When he has wins in like every series known to man. So she should at least have 10 wins by now by that logic.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
You're assuming he's in this to make her successful and not use her as an ATM.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

VikingSkull posted:

But this isn't comparable to Danica at all.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

:allears:

Nice to see order restored around here.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Well, he does :colbert:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Nuh uh.

:colbert:

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

He doesn't win enough truck races for Viking to consider him a good driver.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Christ, he wins one plate race and his fan club comes outta the woodwork.

Remember that the next time he slides through his pit box.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

Well, he does :colbert:

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

VikingSkull posted:

Christ, he wins one plate race and his fan club comes outta the woodwork.

Haha, not in his fan club, but you must think most of the drivers in Cup suck poo poo then.

We all know you think everybody in Cup sucks poo poo though

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:

VikingSkull posted:

And remember that he slides through his pit box because he is a loving baby that never practices pit stops because "practicing his stops is what makes him mess up during the races."

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

You're assuming he's in this to make her successful and not use her for ATM.
fixed

The new qualifying session is cool and all but they should build in some cool down laps or something.. these guys are all rolling out and out for a sunday drive at the end when someone may be out there to get back into the next session.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Uncle Jam posted:

Haha, not in his fan club, but you must think most of the drivers in Cup suck poo poo then.

Well, yeah. Most actually do and most will never win a race.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Must be some kind of masochist to sit through the races then.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Uncle Jam posted:

We all know you think everybody in Cup sucks poo poo though

Not everybody. *caresses picture of trevor bayne*

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Uncle Jam posted:

Must be some kind of masochist to sit through the races then.

Well I'm a Stewart fan so no.

e- hold on lemme gripe about the Chase and make up a fantasy schedule and other assorted bullshit like the rest of the thread

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

The only drivers worth pulling for are the ones i pull for and if you disagree you are the worst, simple

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Cygni posted:

The only drivers worth pulling for are the ones i pull for and if you disagree you are the worst, simple

Finally someone Gets It (tm).

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Dale Earnhardt, Jr, is the best race car driver in the world.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
He's got 20 wins dontcha know

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
:siren:Dale Jr. Buschwhacking today:siren:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Kyle running jet fuel apparently.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
They really gotta get the Prototype Challenge cars off the track.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Did the announcers really just ignore the helmet cam guy getting hit by Jeffrey Earnhardt? Just casually act like a guy didn't just get hit by a car?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

VikingSkull posted:

Gordon actually won his first two races without Evernham/with Whitesell (Earnhardt Sr said "I guess he can win no matter who's crew chiefin'"), won a title with Loomis, and, as amazing as it may sound given the CC, should've won one with Letarte (drat you 07 Chase :argh:).

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 8, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
He still fell off a cliff. I didn't say "he stopped winning". The overwhelming bulk of his success was with Evernham.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
2007 was the single highest-scoring season of the 36-race era, that isn't "falling off a cliff". Dude got old, and maybe couldn't adjust to the COT after 15 years in the old car.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

VikingSkull posted:

The overwhelming bulk of his success was with Evernham.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Correlation doesn't equal causation etc etc etc.

Meanwhile, Kenseth goes on a ride.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Buschwackers don't even wreck anymore. :(

...so close to taking Kes with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Nationwide series is full of poo poo garbage teams lmao

• Locked thread