Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'd be concerned about the people with low post counts, but I think almost half the players will be modkilled by day's end based on current post counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Still have a day though.

Totally not padding my post count.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Met, I am done being hostile for the foreseeable future. Can you please do another read through and tell me who you think is scum and why? I am sure you have updated reads by now.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

True and Real posted:

Met, I am done being hostile for the foreseeable future. Can you please do another read through and tell me who you think is scum and why? I am sure you have updated reads by now.

I don't do reads all that well. Usually helps to go off of votes, but with two scum teams it's not nearly so easy because they're voting for each other inevitably. This should improve after a Chaos scum is lynched. We're in a good place because so many scum have been wiped out early. We were likely balanced to be able to withstand two scum teams so I bet we're going to overpower them with our roles compared to the remnants of the other team. Having said that, here's my notes for the remaining players:

Asiina - Dayvigged Hiipfire. wat. Minimalist posts. "[I killed Hiipfire] Because I'm going to get modkilled and I'm not going to kill whatever activity is in this thread before I die." That's a load of crap.
Big Nothing - Neutral read. Seems to be hunting. Owns a demon.
bowmore - Minimalist posts. Not really hunting.
Dugong - Not too many posts. No good scumhunt posts. Vanilla Townie maybe..?
EXAKT Science - "gently caress it just modkill me. I don't have the energy for this game and it isn't fair to the people who are actually playing."
Hal Incandenza - Votes for people and doesn't explain until someone else asks him why he voted that way. Owns a demon.
Little Mac - *scroll scroll DBZ poo poo scroll scroll* Minor scum hunting. Mostly defending himself. Owns a gemless ring and a bullet.
Meinberg - I went through his game history and find he hammers himself and shitposts a lot. He makes himself a policy lynch. This game isn't that much different. Focusing me pretty hard across both days. I'd say he's a 3P if it was anyone else. If I was in a room with Hitler, Osama Bin Laden, and had a gun with two bullets, I'd shoot Meinberg twice. Owns a bullet.
mr.capps - Not really posting much. Minimal scum hunting.
Murmur Twin - Replaced into the game. Makes lengthy fair cases.
Rarity - Not much to say. Calls out a couple posts for sounding like BS. Was on Little Mac's nuts pretty hard.
Rurea - Predecessor claimed Vanilla Townie. Active scum hunter. Owns an Icy Blue Stone.
True and Real - Spams. Talks in riddles. Overtly breadcrumbing "Good" alignment. 3P or just a goober? Owns a Demon.
weekly font - weak scum hunting. Going after Hiipfire and Meinberg which are just too easy to seem like genuine scum hunting.

Meinberg, Asiina, weekly font, and Hal are near the top of my list. If I had the choice to kill one now, it would be Meinberg.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Let's do it like Popcorn!

Popcorn Dugong!

Tell me, Dugong, what your read on everyone is.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Met. I am neutral aligned.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

True and Real posted:

Met. I am neutral aligned.

So is everyone else, didn't you know?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

No, you said earlier I was breadcrumbing Good. I'm Neutral aligned. I wasn't trying to breadcrumb, that was just a speculative tangent. In addition, I don't think I spam. Spam is nothings. I say a lot of somethings.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Well, that was a post restriction. Can't just go back on things I say when I sign up, right?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

True and Real posted:

Well, that was a post restriction. Can't just go back on things I say when I sign up, right?

Goku wouldn't say this. :colbert:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I stopped when I realized how unfun it was for everyone else. I loved it but it's not a good look ya feel me

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I get it!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Dugong, why are you so vaguely scummy? What have you done to ping me so?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
My dreams were unhelpful, sadly. However, I feel like I should claim something.

The bullet is a one-shot juggernaut vig. However, I have no gun, so it's useless to me.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Surely you should be able to give the bullet to somebody else? Like if you gave it Asiina she'll be able to kill somebody else, unless asiina kills using her demon. Worth inquiring about anyway

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't know if my vig is a gun. I don't really have any information on it other than I have a 1-shot vig. I don't have a demon, I just started with it.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Give me the bullet. And give me all your macca. And your demons. I'll win this by myself.
##unvote
I don't know what to think about big nothing. I'm less sure about him now.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Im having flashbacks to Lumpens game with all this bullet and gun talk now

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

True and Real posted:

Dugong, why are you so vaguely scummy? What have you done to ping me so?

I dunno I wish I would stop getting called into interviews with days notice :arghfist:

I'm VT that stayed with 50k macca and I still have 50k macca

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Met posted:

Asiina - Dayvigged Hiipfire. wat. Minimalist posts. "[I killed Hiipfire] Because I'm going to get modkilled and I'm not going to kill whatever activity is in this thread before I die." That's a load of crap.
EXAKT Science - "gently caress it just modkill me. I don't have the energy for this game and it isn't fair to the people who are actually playing."
Hal Incandenza - Votes for people and doesn't explain until someone else asks him why he voted that way. Owns a demon.
Little Mac - *scroll scroll DBZ poo poo scroll scroll* Minor scum hunting. Mostly defending himself. Owns a gemless ring and a bullet.
Meinberg - I went through his game history and find he hammers himself and shitposts a lot. He makes himself a policy lynch. This game isn't that much different. Focusing me pretty hard across both days. I'd say he's a 3P if it was anyone else. If I was in a room with Hitler, Osama Bin Laden, and had a gun with two bullets, I'd shoot Meinberg twice. Owns a bullet.
Rarity - Not much to say. Calls out a couple posts for sounding like BS. Was on Little Mac's nuts pretty hard.
Rurea - Predecessor claimed Vanilla Townie. Active scum hunter. Owns an Icy Blue Stone.
True and Real - Spams. Talks in riddles. Overtly breadcrumbing "Good" alignment. 3P or just a goober? Owns a Demon.
weekly font - weak scum hunting. Going after Hiipfire and Meinberg which are just too easy to seem like genuine scum hunting.

I would vote Met for this list. Most of it is just summarising other people's posts rather than reading their intentions.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Met posted:

I don't do reads all that well. Usually helps to go off of votes, but with two scum teams it's not nearly so easy because they're voting for each other inevitably. This should improve after a Chaos scum is lynched. We're in a good place because so many scum have been wiped out early. We were likely balanced to be able to withstand two scum teams so I bet we're going to overpower them with our roles compared to the remnants of the other team. Having said that, here's my notes for the remaining players:

Meinberg, Asiina, weekly font, and Hal are near the top of my list. If I had the choice to kill one now, it would be Meinberg.

Like Rarity said, this is just a list of players and what they've done. There aren't any real reads here in this list. I bolded parts that stood out to me specifically that are awkward and give me bad vibes. You say you don't do reads that well but you don't really even attempt to make any. This post is so wishy-washy that I cant tell if you are trying to fake content or you are just really lost and don't know what to do.

##vote Met

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Also I realize I might seem kind of "all over the place" this game and it definitely feels like I am. I don't have a good explanation other than this game is weird and I'm bad.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dr. Hurt posted:

Met. Met, met, Met, Met Met MET Met, Met met met met met met met. I asked you for a target. i asked you for a single person and you give me a non answer. That is dodging the question, met.

Rides Met hard for ignoring his content game, never even places a vote. I see it, let's do this.

##vote Met

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

##vote met

I've given you many opportunities to do something, duder.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

We're killing him based on on him being hedgy as gently caress? Rarity, are you suggesting that Hurt and met faked that content? Cause I'm only 20% sure that met and hurt was faking their content game conversation

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Big Nothing posted:

We're killing him based on on him being hedgy as gently caress? Rarity, are you suggesting that Hurt and met faked that content? Cause I'm only 20% sure that met and hurt was faking their content game conversation

No, I think Hurt punted his scum buddy a question without warning, his scum buddy refused to answer and that meant Hurt was forced to chase him on it without actually calling him out as scum.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Ah, that angle I can see! ##vote met

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Not going to wait for more votes because I don't feel like refreshing all day.

I'm a Tracker.

Night 1 Ernie Targeted Amnistar.
Night 2 Dugong didn't go anywhere.

That's what I got.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Big Nothing posted:

Dugong your a pretty chill guy that believes in humanity right

Dugong posted:

hmm why?

Hmm indeed.

Dugong posted:

Hey Dr. Hurt after considering, if I had 1 vig I would shoot Toaster today.

##vote AT

Meinberg posted:

Okay, just saw this post and I'm like "what?"

Hurt never a said word to Dugong this entire game.

Admittedly they talked about the vig after this, but Dugong - what were you replying to when you answered this?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
##unvote until I get a chance to look into this

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Rarity posted:

Hey don't steal my DS9 play :argh:

Murmur Twin posted:

:golfclap:

Meinberg posted:

Huh, that's actually pretty clever!

Speaking of Rarity strategies, I remember getting fooled into thinking she was quitting Popularity Contest right before she placed the knife in my back :)

Asiina posted:

I would vig myself, but I'm gonna get modkilled instead so :shrug:

..and now I'm bothered at the thought of "is this happening again?", especially since from a pure game perspective Asii seems to fit the profile of a chaos vig. We know there was a law vig, Asii doesn't really seem to care that much about scumhunting, and she's still managed to pop in and contribute a bit which signifies at least a minimal amount of interest in what is still happening.

(Obviously if this theory is wrong and the disengagement from the game has nothing to do with game stuff I genuinely apologize! I'm just tryin' to hunt scum, is all.)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Murmur Twin posted:

Speaking of Rarity strategies, I remember getting fooled into thinking she was quitting Popularity Contest right before she placed the knife in my back :)

To be fair I totally was until Fluck/Asii/TCS voted the wrong person off and I became useful to Asii again!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Rarity posted:

To be fair I totally was until Fluck/Asii/TCS voted the wrong person off and I became useful to Asii again!

Yeah, bringing it up was mostly tongue-in-cheek (although the :argh: did make me remember the feeling of "oh poo poo I got played" that occurred afterwards, which is why I thought to mention it regarding Asii prepping to be modkilled but vigging town first).

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Met posted:

Not going to wait for more votes because I don't feel like refreshing all day.

I'm a Tracker.

Night 1 Ernie Targeted Amnistar.
Night 2 Dugong didn't go anywhere.

That's what I got.

Ok, let's think about this. For starters, we already know that Amnistar died N1, that Ernie was scum and that Dugong's claimed VT. There is not a single part of these results that couldn't be put together without information already given out in the thread. Now let's dive in a little closer.

Point 1: Met doesn't mention Ernie as a scum suspect on D1. Admittedly, he doesn't mention anyone as a scum suspect on D1 except for his vote on Somber and a casual mention of Toaster.

Point 2: This is the only mention of Ernie that Met makes on D2:

Met posted:

I gave 3 choices a page ago. Ernie isn't a bad player to add to that list, but only because a convincing argument has been made against him rather than anything I figured out.

This is after Met has literally TRACKED ERNIE TO A NIGHT KILL. He doesn't even vote for him!

Point 3: These are Met's suspected scum on D2:

Met posted:

-HiipFire. 11 posts. Much more active in his other game.
-PMush - Bad arguments for votes, plus the "I only skimmed, forgot the deadline" post.
-True and Real - Breadcrumbing Good Alignment 3P so hard I'm convinced he's scum or Evil 3P. Speaks in riddles half the time for no reason. Lot of white noise.

You know who isn't on there? Dugong!

Yeah, this claim is bullshit.

##vote Met

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Rarity posted:

##vote Met

This...makes sense. ##vote Met

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

Yeah, bringing it up was mostly tongue-in-cheek (although the :argh: did make me remember the feeling of "oh poo poo I got played" that occurred afterwards, which is why I thought to mention it regarding Asii prepping to be modkilled but vigging town first).

I didn't want to go out without using my vig, but didn't want to make the thread even quieter so I went after the lurkiest lurker.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

I didn't want to go out without using my vig, but didn't want to make the thread even quieter so I went after the lurkiest lurker.

Asiina, vote Met

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Rarity posted:

##vote Met

:agreed:

##vote Met

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Hey dugong, can you disprove mets claim?

• Locked thread