Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I cannot stop being amused by a midget driving a midget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
best victory celebration ever

- Polish victory lap
- high speed infield passes
- 30g donuts
- loving WHEELIES
- awkward belly flop into the arms of a competitor

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

And he's running Trucks this year.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

This needs to be in the OP.

https://twitter.com/JeffGordonWeb/status/688189376140976130

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

N: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25448962/rams-chris-long-wants-to-win-powerball-for-time-share-a-lot-of-boats

V: ONE OF US

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I want that loving hat

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Better that it was in response to this.

https://twitter.com/JimmieJohnson/status/688795313956610048

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Almost as good as Richard Sherman during The Interception.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

ISC is trying so hard with this "Motorsports Stadium" tag line and nobody's going to care in the long run.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I can't afford to care because the ticket prices for even the Duels are nearly $100

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Tickets in the Splash Zone are $175. There are still big pockets of upper level tickets in the Turn 4 end and some in the Turn 1 end going for $210 a pop. I feel like they were much more reasonable last year. I think I got 300 and 500 tickets for $220 or $230.

One news channel just said "There are 40,000 less seats, but the design and appeal of the construction will appeal to people.".

e- Tickets for the 400 are still reasonably priced, which is surprising.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

sure, why not

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I ain't even gonna post the rest of the stuff I'll just let it filter in today

in summary

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Why?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Wait what the gently caress, who even, why is, the point is? I'm not even sure, good god I'm not, wait what? I literally can't even,

Can you please spoiler then trigger alert for stupidity.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The caution clock might be the dumbest idea I've ever seen.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

What in the gently caress

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Please don't tell me that Trucks racing is only going to have 20 minute green runs

:wtc:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
you guys like heat races right

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Oh hey don't need to justify those debris cautions anymore. Sad thing is the race might end exciting in a super contrived way like the chase is.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
The reality we all need to accept in this is for at least the next decade NASCAR is going to continue to turn a profit

lmao

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I wanna take whatever drugs Brian France was on when he thought of that idea.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Are you ready for some football? Footbal, baseball and hockey have built in commercial breaks..
I was going to upgrade my tv pkg to get fs1 but I think not, this is utter bullshit.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
only had to ban 1 dude so far, not impressed

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Oh my loving god.

Didn't SCCA Trans Am do something like this, only it was interval-based? If the leader had more than a 4 second lead, there was a caution?

I will say this. They didn't launch the idea in Cup first like they have every other terrible thing they've done.

e- Xfinity and Truck Chases are official.

quote:

With this change, none of the 16 Chase for the Sprint Cup drivers from 2015 will be allowed to compete at the finale of the other two series this season.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, tell me that Buschwackers have been barred from just the finales for each of these series.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 19, 2016

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
Oh and we're getting a chase too

loving NASCAR

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Those are jokes right? You're just trolling?

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2016/1/19/fast-facts-nascar-format-changes-101.html

I need the psyduck head that explodes into other psyduck heads exploding

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
SRA big block mods are way cheaper than a Truck just sayin'

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

VikingSkull posted:

SRA big block mods are way cheaper than a Truck just sayin'

Indy car, just saying. You could probably win an indy car lights event the first time out.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Hahahahahahahahahaha

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Oh and we're getting a chase too

loving NASCAR

Practice your restarts

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

There were up to four lower series Chase formats floated, but none of this caution clock poo poo was floated in the Fan Council (unless Boomer or Fuzzy got a survey I didn't).

I could've lived with a lower series Chase on the tradeoff that Cup drivers were gone, but as far as I can tell, they're only out for Homestead. So the "Winning Means Everything" format is going to have like 4 guys who actually won in NXS in the regular season. :downsbravo:

Trucks might do a bit better.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
I was in one of the discussions when they were first thinking about the caution clock and their rationale was literally "we already throw debris cautions when things get boring but that's shady so let's just codify the poo poo into the rule book"

I wish I was kidding

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

I was in one of the discussions when they were first thinking about the caution clock and their rationale was literally "we already throw debris cautions when things get boring but that's shady so let's just codify the poo poo into the rule book"

I wish I was kidding

lol

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I wish I was kidding

I wish I were surprised by this. They admitted what we already knew and doubled down on it by saying "let's set a timer so we have phantom debris cautions".

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

I wish I was kidding

:lol: and called it. Oh viking why'd did you have to ban someone?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I wish I was kidding

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Summary of today's announcements, in case you need cliff notes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0m-3glcmbE

quote:

Matt Weaver ‏@MattWeaverSBN 34s34 seconds ago

Kyle Busch says he'll run 15-18 XFINITY races. No Truck races. No restrictor plate races. "I'm done with that stuff."

Oh, praise Rowdy for reducing his schedule so he'll bitchslap the field in Xfinity only half the time now. Maybe this will be a modicum less of terrible.

I'd be willing to lay down money this is something NASCAR has asked him to do.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 19, 2016

• Locked thread