Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will you be voting in the UKEU Referendum?
This poll is closed.
Remain - Keep Britane Strong! 328 15.40%
Leave - Take Are Sovreignity Back! 115 5.40%
Remain - But only because Brexit are crazy 506 23.76%
Leave - But only because the EU is terrible 157 7.37%
Spoiled Ballot - This whole thing is an awful idea 61 2.86%
I'm not going to vote 19 0.89%
I'm not allowed to vote 411 19.30%
Pissflaps 533 25.02%
Total: 2130 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

OwlFancier posted:

Also good at trolling immigration officers.

"guys I just massively trolled that immigration guy by being put into a deportation camp and anally violated"

June, 1946. The TV liscence is introduced as the BBC is switched back on for victory parades. We've got at least two weeks til bread is rationed, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Pissflaps posted:

All religion is for dullards I live by my own code. I'm atheist. Deal with it.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Pissflaps posted:

this is my flaps of atheism

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

gently caress, beaten

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

woa 2 edg 4 me

Spangly A posted:

"guys I just massively trolled that immigration guy by being put into a deportation camp and anally violated"

June, 1946. The TV liscence is introduced as the BBC is switched back on for victory parades. We've got at least two weeks til bread is rationed, too

Erm I was more meaning that I think some countries got real pissy about so many people turning up giving the names Singh and Kaur so they tried to ban people from using them.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Flaps of atheism.

Flatheism.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

HJB posted:

Voting Leave would consitiute the single biggest alteration of things in the UK for a lifetime, until the Queen dies or Scotland declare independence, anyway. There's a bit more to it than a handy replacement for Big Brother.

Sure but that's not why it's on. How much actual meaningful analysis have you seen? How many reports outlining things like how the EU operates, how it's funded and where that money goes, how it is and isn't linked with our economy and domestic political system? How much are the public being informed about this massive decision being imposed on them by a weak government?

I've seen nothing but one side says this, the other says this, we'll see who's right when the public goes to the polls. Local reporters pissing around doing weeks of gimmicks where they talk to ordinary people about themes like immigration (on the one hand, conditions are bad so it's because of immigration! On the other hand, privileged people get to live and work in Europe too! Which side do you support???) And then frustrated people saying they have no idea what's going on, or parroting slogans from either side (usually the Leave side obviously)

Adopting AV would have been a huge change too, centuries of a bad voting system replaced with something that removes the need for tactical voting and undermines the dominance of two parties. It wasn't reported much outside of campaign soundbites because it wasn't an exciting issue that had dominated the political narrative for years

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Neil deGrase Tyson is a condom denying homophobic paedophile?

OwlFancier posted:

E: ^^^ One thing I do know is that if you dislike most religions you'll probably be OK with Sikhism. It's a pretty good religion.
Every Sikh I've ever met has been chill as gently caress, without fail.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Deal with my atheism, before I deal with you.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Erm I was more meaning that I think some countries got real pissy about so many people turning up giving the names Singh and Kaur so they tried to ban people from using them.

I'm sorry, my mind always jumps to the worst possible thoughts when dealing with immigration services

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

tooterfish posted:

That's nothing; Nelson Mandela was an 800-year-old demigod and a dido collector.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

TinTower posted:

That's nothing; Nelson Mandela was an 800-year-old demigod and a dido collector.

She had some great songs tbf.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

^^^^ gently caress

TinTower posted:

Everyone likes 'White Flag'

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

tooterfish posted:

He did claim that if ever there was ever a species for who sex hurt they'd have gone extinct a long time back, ignoring ducks and cats and all the horrifying things in the insect world like traumatic insemination right through the abdomen.

That's what often happens when scientists wander too far outside their fields of expertise though.

Confirming Sikhs generally good and cool.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

TinTower posted:

Nah, he's more into the Spice Girls.

e: last to the party, as usual.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

i'm a fragile flower and sex would probably hurt me

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Pissflaps posted:

Don't blame me I didn't mistake the invite to the Sikh temple for a fancy dress party.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that they were lent appropriate dress by the gudwara and don't have their personal stores of religious attire for all the possible permutations of place of worship they might visit in a typical month.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Pissflaps posted:

If somebody opened a music venue next door I'd be furious.

Right goons, let's have a whip-round and we'll see if we can make the purchase and get the licenses.

Also can further confirm Sikhs are cool & good.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
Jesus loving Christ...

Chris Greyling on QuestionTime is paraphrasing the 14 words

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
Quote is not edit

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Renfield posted:

Jesus loving Christ...

poo poo. He is an evil fucker, that one...

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Spangly A posted:

Sikh's are fairly unquestionably the best major religion and they have the best rappers too

such as?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Prince John posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that they were lent appropriate dress by the gudwara and don't have their personal stores of religious attire for all the possible permutations of place of worship they might visit in a typical month.

that much is clear by their trousers.

I took part in a Buddhist wedding earlier this year which involved lots of sitting around cross legged on the floor, when I was wearing the traditional Cambodian outfit it was fine and dandy, but let me tell you sitting cross legged in a suit is more difficult than it looks, and I recognise the look on Watson's face, trying to be comfortable, trying to get his legs more cross legged but being unable to do so, whilst worrying about the crotch of his trousers splitting.

fun times.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

L-fresh was huge in the aus scene last year and I think he placed highly on the triply J 100 but Humble the poet is probably the one people know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4j9N15eMvk

get this in your brain

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Renfield posted:

Jesus loving Christ...

lmao why is that so easy for me to believe

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Fans posted:

Nigel Farage and Eddie Izzard on one panel should be something to behold :dance:
It really, really was.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Christ this QT is a clusterfuck. I hate everyone on it. No decent left wing representation because Benn's a poo poo and Izzard is just another touchy feely type who I am sure is lovely but has no debating skill and seems to ground all of his points on wooly emotion.

Oh God stop shouting at each other.

And Jesus christ I hate the public. Stop asking for an impartial list of pros and cons! You won't get it! That's the point of politics, everyone is partial. Use your loving critical faculties already. I think there's something to be said about how we're all consumers over citizens now, and so many people seem to expect their politics to be prepackaged and prepared in easily digestible form as a product.

And finally: when did the economy become the be all and end all? I was watching some stuff from the space race earlier and on both sides there's a palpable feeling that they're fighting for two different ideas of what the world should look like. There's hope and a real gravity to everything. A genuine conflict of ideologies. When did politics cease to be about ideas and start becoming this just hideous exercise in bean counting?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I saw an article from Peter Kellner about how all bar one referendum ever in UK history has swung back towards the status quo in the last week before polling day. The only one has hasn't was the Scotland devolution referendum in 1997, which was really a special case.

Pissflaps posted:

Deal with my atheism, before I deal with you.

shut up, ralph

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Prince John posted:

I think Jeremy Corbyn dressed up as a pirate for his visit to the Sikh temple.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

ThomasPaine posted:

Christ this QT is a clusterfuck. I hate everyone on it. No decent left wing representation because Benn's a poo poo and Izzard is just another touchy feely type who I am sure is lovely but has no debating skill and seems to ground all of his points on wooly emotion.

Oh God stop shouting at each other.

And Jesus christ I hate the public. Stop asking for an impartial list of pros and cons! You won't get it! That's the point of politics, everyone is partial. Use your loving critical faculties already. I think there's something to be said about how we're all consumers over citizens now, and so many people seem to expect their politics to be prepackaged and prepared in easily digestible form as a product.

And finally: when did the economy become the be all and end all? I was watching some stuff from the space race earlier and on both sides there's a palpable feeling that they're fighting for two different ideas of what the world should look like. There's hope and a real gravity to everything. A genuine conflict of ideologies. When did politics cease to be about ideas and start becoming this just hideous exercise in bean counting?
Anything other than hideous exercises in bean counting gets counted as either wooly emotion or shouting nationalism now. And one of the sides in the space race eventually came to stand for that shift.

JFairfax posted:

that much is clear by their trousers.

I took part in a Buddhist wedding earlier this year which involved lots of sitting around cross legged on the floor, when I was wearing the traditional Cambodian outfit it was fine and dandy, but let me tell you sitting cross legged in a suit is more difficult than it looks, and I recognise the look on Watson's face, trying to be comfortable, trying to get his legs more cross legged but being unable to do so, whilst worrying about the crotch of his trousers splitting.

fun times.
What do you wear when invited to Catholic weddings? :heritage:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I would not wear robes as I think vestments are the domain of the clergy

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

I think Jeremy Corbyn dressed up as a pirate for his visit to the Sikh temple.

Could you please not do this.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Mister Adequate posted:

lmao why is that so easy for me to believe

it was more 'We need to control our boarders, so we can secure the future for our children'

but gently caress me, it's a HAIR away from quoting the fascists

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Tesseraction posted:

Not do what?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Haha

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

Tesseraction posted:

I agree there are better places for Pissflaps' erotic fantasies about Jeremy Corbyn.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

I agree there are better places for Pissflaps' erotic fantasies about Jeremy Corbyn.

Makes a change from the usual wrist movement he uses about Corbyn I suppose. Still don't like him being culturally gross in the process.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Renfield posted:

it was more 'We need to control our boarders, so we can secure the future for our children'

but gently caress me, it's a HAIR away from quoting the fascists
Yeah that totally doesn't sound fascist at all, wow that dude sounds a real goose-stepper :v:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Friends, a proposition:

If the Leave campaign wins, Pissflaps gets banned.

If the Remain campaign wins, Pissflaps gets banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Interesting proposition

• Locked thread